Submit

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:36 am
Glyph had search as per Gate's suggestions and had come up empty handed... which left the lake in the nearby woods. He felt it would be faster if he searched on his own. The Dragon King was a slippery individual, always moving - people saw him on a regular basis, yes, but always a little while ago. At least the day was hot, which gave Glyph hope that the King would be in the woods.

It felt good to be in the forest again, among the wild things, even if it was quite the urban woods. His awareness focused down onto the woods as a whole and he smiled as he found several individuals gathering mushrooms, nuts, berries and various other supplies. If Yu stepped into these woods, Glyph would know.

He grinned to himself, it was a bit like fishing this...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.With self-determined role as Mediator and Protector paired with his duties as Parent and God, the Emblem Pillar was endlessly busy. Over-reaching all of that was his birthright at the Twin Crown's side and role as the Voice to the Gods - it was no wonder the nightmare Dragon King was always on the move and elusive.

But it was hot out and on such days he took time to swim in the lake, enjoying the cooling feel of the water over his scales and fur.

Which was what Yu Five Claws had in mind after taking a quick walk through the Marketplace; Harmodius did not require his attendance every moment though it was Yu's joy to be with Him, so he was not derelict in his duties to take this time for himself. The bestial God had dropped to all fours and flashed his gleaming red teeth as he made his way into the forest that surrounded his goal, massive paws tireless in their forward motion.

By the time Glyph had started his Dragon Fishing, Yu had been swimming for some time, going deep under the surface to where the water was coldest before hauling his great, bulky body out of the water and shaking like the big dog Ashoka sometimes called him. He flicked his tail and padded slowly back toward the trees, scenting no trouble but only mortals about their work.

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:15 pm
Glyph had been dozing in the shade, the day's warmth beckoning him sleep as he leaned against a tree when his senses sang awake at the presence of Yu. Straightening with great creaking noises, he grinned and even as he began walking, he invoked his dominance of the domain to guide Yu's passage. The walk itself was no more difficult then normal, and the path did not seem overly similar but Forest locked Yu in a slow figure-eight shape centered on a particular tree that didn't quite look the same each time it was passed.

Glyph couldn't help but smile as he walked along, the path opening before him as easily as a fish slipped through water. He hurried, but his hurrying was not exactly fast... he only hoped he arrived before Yu noticed and flew off.

Syrie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Initially, the Dragon King didn't really notice that despite traveling quite a distance he was making no real progress on getting back to the Pantheon and to Harmodius' ankles.

Once he noticed the thought came to him that he should just shift form and fly off, but instead he took a moment to breathe deeply, to scent the area and see what he could learn. Very few would have the audacity to toy with Yu Five Claws...and usually they were of his own ilk - there were no others that could do so and expect to survive.

With that in mind, Yu scented at the mana in the area, catching that heady semi-sweet tingle that accompanied the various Deities and chuckling. Ah, someone wanted him...and as he slightly recognized the scent and was being held within a forest, Yu could make an educated guess. Forest wanted to speak with him, that was fine - he would wait.

SkieBorne

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:03 pm
Syrie

Glyph noticed Yu stop and sighed with relief, his limbs creaking and snapping as he moved, roots digging in only to pull soil up with each step, small shoots left in his footprints.

When he finally reached the place where Yu had paused, the trees seemed to part as he stepped forward, ducking under the great boughs of the tree, and stood tall. His form creaked and snapped and birds fluttered about his head to settle in the branches, chirping happily. Tall and regal, Forest looked down on Yu with a characteristic grin, completely unrepentant for the use of his influence.

"You're a difficult one to pin down, Dragon King. Hello again," He inclined his head respectfully, his leaves shivering along his sides, "I wish to speak to you."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.As impatient as the Dragon King could be, he had learned to stay still when it was prudent to do so - something the Fragment had never been able to master, not even after he dedicated himself to Yu's will and rebirth.

So when the God of the Forest finally showed up, Yu's tail was swishing back and forth to burn off some of his excessive energy but the rest of the pitch-colored beast remained still. "Ahh..yes. Forest. I though so. You are looking well." His muzzle skinned back in welcome, red teeth flashing brightly in the bright light of the sun-not-sun.

"By purpose, I assure you." With only the soft sounds of fur moving, the Dragon King shifted his form so that he was standing as a man rather than beast and shook his great head to settle things where he wished them. "My day is fraught with possibilities, it is best that I stay moving." And yet he seemed disinclined to do more than use mana to make a raised space to settle his furry backside comfortably.

"Speak, then. I should like to hear first-hand from a Council member other than Ashoka." Yu's manner was open and not actually hostile, but there was an edge to his words and biting in his tone that spoke clearly of how he felt about the whole business. Of those chosen, three had disappeared almost immediately leaving only Glyph and Ashoka. And then Forest had gone too and what good could the Pardess do as a mortal with no powers? Even with Yu backing her, there was naught to do but languish and fester.

It rankled.

"Or am I wrong to think this is why you have sought me."

SkieBorne

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:22 pm
Glyph nodded as the other greeted him, understanding the sentiment to keep moving. Forest simply extended his awareness more so then then his legs.

He sighed inwardly as the other spoke of his Council membership, glad that Yu was at least not openly hostile. The dragon king obviously did not think too much of his station, or the Council...

Putting pride aside, Forest went down on one knee before the king in a show of respect and humility, an elbow resting on that knee and forearm across his chest and the others braced against the ground. His legs fusing to the ground as roots made their way into the soil and the undergrowth around them surged to life with the influx of mana. "First and foremost I apologize for my absence... I went in search of myself and the journey took far longer then I had anticipated - I had to put myself back together as it were. You have my humblest apology and my understanding if you wish to strip my Star and my Rank." There was no tone of arrogance in his voice, only the accute awareness that his absence was very strongly noted.

"However, I have spoken to Knowledge and she tells me little had changed in the Pantheon... that no news has filtered into our ranks of Samyaza and her ilk. That both relieves and frightens me - they have been too quiet for too long." He glanced up at Yu then and raised his other arm, baring the inside of his forearm as his flesh shifted and the bark parted, revealing eight egg-shaped amber nuggets with runes set in their center. They pulsed with power, Old power. "To that end, I believe these may be of use. Knowledge agreed, reinforcing that belief. They are from Before, Keys to my personal realm... the Heartwood. It was the pursuit of these Keys that took me away for so long."

He plucked one from its indent and offered it to Yu to look at, "They require a Gate to work but there is one in the Silent Woods, still functional thankfully. I found my temple there, naught but ruins, but there could be other useful things among the wreckage if one cares to look..." He smiled for the first time in a while, "So take this as you will, Yu Five Claws, but I have not been inactive and I wish t continue my duties as Councillor, especially now that I have grown into my own."

He fell quiet then, observing the Dragon King. Even without the Star and the authority it granted him, Glyph would strive towards action... if he were to be punished, so be it, he did not regret his journey.

Syrie

[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff