Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Wild Shikoba Appeared! (Shikoba x Dysi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:39 pm
User Image Shikoba wandered through the rouge lands without a real destination in mind. These lands were the ones she called home, so no matter where she went, she was always welcomed by the trees, the sand, the snow, the sun, or the water. It was much nicer - in her mind, at least - to call the rouge lands home because they were so vast and varied. How could you possibly like the idea of calling one set place home? The desert was so dry and hot, the shore had such horrible storms, the mountains were frozen, and the savanna made strong lions soft with all the game and water at their disposal. No, Shikoba liked to change things up far too often to settle down. It wasn't in her nature to do so!

Currently she had found a rather rocky place with a few pools of water that had collected from the last rain. It was a nice place to stop and rest, she decided, so she settled down in the shade of a nice little makeshift cave that overlooked the larger of the pools. Lowering her head to her paws, she kept her red eyes on the horizon to be alert to any approaching creatures.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:41 pm
User Image

Dysi had left his cubs with Maleficar (there was only three of them, she would cope easily!) and decided to stretch his legs. Though he now had a mate, and cubs of their own, Dysi was still a wanderer at heart. He wasn't sure if he would ever be able to settle completely - even when he had lived in a pride, he had wandered. It was just...so boring staying in one place.

He didn't go too far from home though, wanting to retake his place by Maleficar's side when it got dark, but walked far enough that it felt as if he was going on an adventure.

He could smell the water of the pools not far and changed his direction, padding along happily towards it. The pale leopard had a flower crown crookedly poised atop his head, made by his pale son Lumiere. It was wonky and a little bit messy but it was the boys first crown, so he was proud to wear it. He hummed to himself as he approached the water, unaware of the cautious female nearby.

SilverLutz

Velveteen Angel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:22 am
The sound of paws hitting the ground made Shikoba's ears twitch and she lifted her head to peer forward. Someone was coming to the water. A small someone, from the look of it. Shikoba herself was quite large for a female, and her fluffy mane and deep voice often had others mistaking her for a male. It wasn't something she minded all that much, but in times like this it was a bit of a hindrance. She didn't want to startle someone away from the water's edge.

Clearing her throat, she decided to speak up before the other feline approached any further. "Hello," she said, finally making out the shape: a leopard. She had seen them before, certainly, but had never really had a conversation with one. Hopefully he wouldn't turn tail and run.

"Here, under the rocks," she offered, realizing her position was a bit hidden. "Just didn't want to startle you. Feel free to drink, I'm not laying claim to these." That would be rather awful of her, wouldn't it? She knew some creatures did that out of desperation, but she wasn't like that. There was always water, it was just a matter of finding it.

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:51 pm

Dysi startled slightly at the sound of another's voice, mostly because he hadn't even noticed the scent of another. Wow, he was observant today, he mused to himself but pasted a smile on his face. "Hello!"" He called back, but didn't approach further.

It took a moment to spot her, and her directions certainly helped. "Ah! Thank you for clarifying - I do hate to step on anyone's toes." He wasn't particularly 'possessive' over any one piece of land, except for the land that his den was on, but he knew others would be.

"Are you a passer-by like me?" He asked, as he moved slowly and calmly towards the water - he was certainly not a threat to her, and he hoped she noticed that.

SilverLutz

Velveteen Angel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:22 pm
Shikoba nodded slightly as the leopard spoke, questioning her own presence. Yes, she was a rouge and had been all her life without intentions to change. Pridal life was just too structured for her. Too predictable. She liked being able to move and change, go where the wind blew her.

"Resting since it seems to be an ideal place. Some prey might come by eventually," she said, nodding to the water not too far from where they were. There was shade as well, an ideal set up for lots of small creatures. There were too many rocks for this area to play host to anything she couldn't bring down alone, so it was quite a little spot and she was surprised no one was here already. Perhaps the watering hole dried up after a few days...they were prone to doing that when they weren't very large.

"Please, make yourself comfortable," she added. "There's plenty of room for other travelers to rest."

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:40 pm

Dysi nodded at her words, agreeing that it really was a nice place to set up camp for a while. At least there was shade and water, with the possibility of food. As a traveler, he'd run into many scenarios where this would be a dream for many; when you are wandering the desert for example; which he had done a few times, without really intending to do it.

"You really did pick a wonderful place to settle for a while," Dysi complimented, having a quick drink of the water, and dunking his paws in to cool himself down slightly.

"Have you been travelling long?" He asked, staying in the water for a few moments, enjoying the cool.

SilverLutz

Velveteen Angel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:00 pm
Shikoba lowered her head to her paws as the leopard helped himself to the water. Her ear twitched just a bit as she fought back a small smile. There was something about helping another creature out that always made her feel warm and fuzzy inside, even if her coloration and attitude seemed cold. It wasn't that she was mean or rude, she just had this very odd relationship with strangers. She wanted to help them more than anything in the world, but she was also very wary and cautious around them, almost to the point of fear. There was some strange idea ingrained in her head that everyone was out to attack her and, even though she knew that wasn't the case, her subconscious wouldn't be reasoned with.

"I'm in a constant state of travel, so I'd say yes," she said, lifting her head as she was addressed again. "Occasionally I'll visit my sister and stay with her in her pride in the snowy mountains, but I spend most of my time meandering around the rogue lands."

She liked being at the disposal of those around her, even if they were a bit scary. There was nothing like that feeling of helping out someone in need and it trumped her fear. Usually.

"What about you? It's been a while since I've come across a leopard."

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:16 pm

Dysi listened to her with an obvious curiosity on his face and a bright smile as he stretched, enjoying the water and the cooling sensation. He nodded as she spoke about travelling constantly, finding himself almost jealous of her...he missed his wandering days, though he adored his family. He had a itch to walk that staying at home simply didn't scratch.

"That sounds nice!" Dysi said brightly, before continuing to answer her question. "I am just out for a stroll today. My mate and our cubs are resting at home, but I was like you once. I walked constantly, travelling to place to place, rarely staying still for longer than a week; but now?" He gave a grin. "Now I have to stay put. Travelling with cubs is hard. Maybe once they're older...but for now. My wayward paws have been stilled!"

He didn't sound resentful though; just amused and hopeful that someday he would wander again. He adored his cubs though, so it was alright.

SilverLutz

Velveteen Angel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:14 am
As the leopard gave his answer, Shikoba gave a soft 'ah' of understanding. She didn't have cubs, but she could imagine how hard they'd be to travel with. They could walk and keep up fairly early on in their life, but once they reached a certain age it was more fun to romp and play than walk without a destination.

"I've been told cubs grow up too quickly," she mused, a hint of a smile on her face. "I'm sure you'll be back to wandering in no time."

She surveyed the leopard for a few moments before kneading the ground beneath her paws. He seemed like a family guy, so that was good. She had come across more than enough creatures that disliked having children toddling behind them, and she always had to hold her tongue to keep from asking why they had done the deed to create them. It wasn't her business, although she did feel badly for the cubs because of it.

"So are you in a pride or just living in the rogue lands?" she asked, hoping to keep the conversation going a bit longer. It was rare she interacted with someone without feeling the need to do something for them.

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Dysi gave a soft chuckle. "They do grow up too quickly; I'm sure I'll miss them when they're older and their paws itch to wander somewhere that isn't close to my mate and I," he mused. He knew it to be true as well, because he missed all of his litters that grew up and moved away. Still, he ached to walk properly; to travel with no destination in mind.

"We live in the rogue lands," he explained. "In a little den with some land we claimed for ourselves." It was like a mini pride, he supposed but it was nice!

"Are you a rogue? Or do you normally reside in a pride?" He asked her in return with a warm smile. He was honestly curious about the blue creature. She was quite stunning to look at, and her wing markings were rather beautiful. He was surprised she was not being followed by a horde of admirers, he mused to himself.

SilverLutz

Velveteen Angel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:49 am
Shikoba nodded just a bit. It wasn't quite a pride, but they had a place to call home. That was good for cubs, some place where they knew was familiar. As they got older they could explore the area around them, and then slowly begin to learn the rogue lands where they lived. That was how she had become a rogue: from birth she had wandered the lands and knew quiet a few areas better than the back of her paw.

"I'm a rogue. I have a sister that recently settled down in a pride so I visit her on occasion, but nine times out of ten you can find me wandering the savanna." She stretched and stood then, decided it was best to get a move on again.

"I thank you for your company and wish you the best with your cubs. I'm sure you know the restless feeling your paws get when you've been in one place for too long," she said with a tiny smile. "So I must go. I'm Shikoba, by the way," she added, realizing she hadn't given the male her name. "It's been nice to chat."

Velveteen Angel
And last post from me!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:22 pm

Dysi smiled at the female as she started to leave. "It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Shikoba. I am Dysi and I hope to see you wandering the savanna again!" He called out to her cheerfully. He didn't blame her for the itchy paws. His own were starting to itch again, eager for more walking and more travels. He almost wished he could tag along with her for a while, explore the savanna with a new companion who would show him new places.

However, he had cubs and a mate who were waiting on him. So he took a deep drink of the water, and shook himself off. Although his paws itched for new adventure, he followed the path he took towards his home once again.

He loved to walk, but it turned out he loved his family more.

SilverLutz
Fin!

Velveteen Angel

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas