Mashaka was starting to settle in the new pride that he had called home. As luck would have it he had found another one that enjoyed his beautifully colored pelt and found himself with the title of a noble. Mashaka was proud of his pelt as that was what he had grown up around, an excitement for his bright colors.

However he found this pride had a little more to offer then his old one that downplayed him because he was a male. This pride loved the theatre, and although Mashaka had never considered himself much of an actor or singer he did enjoy watching others put on a show.

Hinekiri had woken early today. She had heard through the grapevine that a new member had joined their ranks. A male with a violet coat that Hinekiri would die for she was sure. Despite having come from the king of the pride that had a coat as purple as anything she had seen HInekiri’s only purple coloring was her tail tuff, she had taken after her mother in pretty well every aspect with the exception of the tuff of purple and her orange eyes.

Hinekiri plodded along keeping her eyes pilled for a violet male that she hadn’t seen before. If someone else hadn’t gotten to him first perhaps she could give him a bit of a tour.

Mashaka saw the blue lioness before she saw him. He was immediately taken by her bright blue coat. Despite having been out of his original pride for what felt like a life time he still found himself drawn to the bright coats he had always been told were so important. He watched her for a few minutes taking her in.

He wondered what she might be doing, she appeared to be looking for something or someone. He wondered if he should go introduce himself but didn’t want to interrupt whatever it was she was doing. Instead he sat back under a tree and just appreciated her beauty, he had just moved her and he was sure he would have plenty of time to get to know her.

As luck would have it HInekiri turned just as the purple male took a seat. She knew immediately that he was the one she had been looking for. His coat was a much lighter purple then her father’s was but like her father his mane matched is coat. He had a few with spots and a touch of gold too, Hinekiri found him quite striking and understood right away why he would have been given the title of a noble, his violet pelt would make a number of pride members envious.

She moved quickly in his direction, she moved in a way that showed she had purpose but was not intimidating in any way. She made it to the violet lion in no time a smile spread across her maw.

“Good day” she greeted him pleasantly. “My name is Hinekiri, I understand you are new to the pride.”

Mashaka was pleasantly surprised when the very lioness he had been admiring made what seemed to be a bee line right for him. He remained seated and had a smile on his face by the time she made it to his side.

“Why hello Hinekiri. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He replied to her sweetly. “You are indeed correct I am very new to the pride, this is only my first day.” He told her with a meaningfully nod. He had been sure of is decision to join the pride when he had met with the king, but now talking to the blue lioness he was even more sure, and excited to start his new life here. “My name is Mashaka.”

“Well Mashaka I do hope everyone is being accommodating to you.” She said with a teasing smile, she knew that everyone in the pride was very nice, though occasionally some of the players did like to play tricks on each other.

“How about I give you a quick tour?” she asked him. She hoped that he would turn her down she wanted to get to know him a little better and a tour was a perfect reason to spend some time walking around the pride lands together.

Mashaka got to his feat eagerly “A tour sounds splendid” he told her his smile growing even larger. He loved that he didn’t have to work to get this females attention she seemed more than willing to give it to her. In his first home he had been a somewhat desirable commodity too for his bright coloring, he had ended up mating with a lioness who although she came from a bright family was nothing but black, she choose him so that her cubs had a fighting shot, but there was no love in the relationship and she had made that clear from day one. She was in it for his colors and his colors alone.

“You lead the way my lady.” He told her sweetly. Chivalry was certainly alive and kicking in the violet male.

Hinekiri nodded and immediately went into tour mode, she had given a number before and she was getting quite good at it. “Well right now we are right by the forest, not many pride members go there, with the exception of the Groundling who make it there home. They can be tricksters but they mean no harm. Just be careful of them as they can talk in riddles at times.” Hinekiri personally hated the forest, the only time she had been in there was when she had found her adoptive daughter, a cub that had been lost with a group of other youngins.

“On the main grounds of the pride here is where most of our numbers live. This is also where a lot of plays are put on. Here you can find the players, custumers, hunters, merchants, really just about anyone. It’s always bustling with activity and you can find almost anything you would need here.”

Mashaka was following closely with Hinekiri taking in all the scenery and listening to her sing song voice as he went. He was happy to have her be his tour guide. He noted her tone when she was talking about the forest seemed like a place that she didn’t like to go, but he was intrigued by it a little, adn the groundlings that called it home.

“I must say it really is bustling down here.” He answered back as they walked through what must be the main hub of the pride. He could hear at least half a dozen plays being practiced along with songs being sung and tow merchants arguing.

“Next up is the mountain side, here is where most of our nobles live, myself I have a den with my daughter down near the end. The king, who is my father, and his wife live in the highest den up that way.” She gestured up the mountain. There was a hint of disdain in her voice when she mentioned her father’s wife, really the queen had never been mean to her but Hinekiri had always wished that her father and mother had been a couple, perhaps then her mother would still be alive.

“I would assume you too will have a den up here. It’s mostly just nobles up here and a few attendants that live amongst us to care for our needs. A lot of nobles don’t hold jobs, I personally am a nurse.” She told him with a smile, she was very pleased with herself for deciding to be more than just a noble.

“Well that’s it that’s my tour I hoped you have learned a lot.” She told him with a smile. “I should get going though, it was a pleasure to meet you Mashaka, I am sure our paths will cross again soon.” She told him with a before walking off. It was an abrupt ending to their encounter but Hinekiri had never been good at saying goodbye.

Mashaka was shocked that she was leaving so soon but managed to get in a quick “Thank you” before the blue lioness walked off. He would make sure that their paths would cross again soon, even if it involved him getting injured so that she could nurse him back to health. He had a devilsh grin on his face as he turned and made his way to his den, she had been correct it was on this level and very close to her own.