Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 📢Taking Action! - Petitions
We should spread the news about our virtual economy.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:33 am
The virtual economies of some games became broken enough that they got noticed by the media. Here's a list I've gathered:

Diablo III

Second Life

Animal Crossing

Runescape

Neopets

Elder Scrolls

Bonus: Five Devastating Virtual Economic Collapses from TheRichest.

Most of the articles covered bugs that affected the virtual economies within these games. Would the media be interested on a case where all evidence points to deliberate introduction of massive amounts of in-game currency into circulation? If so, I suggest contacting the staff of the sites that hosts these articles (more than once, if needed) to publish an article about the hyperinflation of Gaia's virtual economy.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:48 am
This is interesting...  

Love Renewed

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:19 am
One of my friends writes for cracked and she's planning on doing a second virtual economy article that will feature Gaia. ^_^

User ImageFOUND cool  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:35 am
xx I met my fate xx
One of my friends writes for cracked and she's planning on doing a second virtual economy article that will feature Gaia. ^_^

Can I take a look at what she has written before?  

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:01 pm
Alexius08
xx I met my fate xx

Can I take a look at what she has written before?

She wrote the sex hotline article and I believe one or two others but she's fairly new to the team.

In response to the recent deception and manipulation of the marketplace by Gaia Interactive staff I have given away all of my gold and will be wearing only gold shop and free grant items for the next 30 days. Any gold I EARN in that time will be given to charities.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:41 pm
xx I met my fate xx

OH SNAP.
Any set release date!?
Has she started it yet?
You're gonna post it here in the guild when shes done with it right?  

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:38 am
Nenanah
xx I met my fate xx

OH SNAP.
Any set release date!?
Has she started it yet?

Well duh, of course I am!
I dunno the release date but I know she's started it. She's using the failure of ArchAge, Gaia, and I think one other site as her main points on why a virtual economy is just as delicate as a real one and why they're worth examining and repairing as examples for the future of the real economy.

In response to the recent deception and manipulation of the marketplace by Gaia Interactive staff I have given away all of my gold and will be wearing only gold shop and free grant items for the next 30 days. Any gold I EARN in that time will be given to charities.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:18 am
xx I met my fate xx
Nenanah
xx I met my fate xx

OH SNAP.
Any set release date!?
Has she started it yet?

Well duh, of course I am!
I dunno the release date but I know she's started it. She's using the failure of ArchAge, Gaia, and I think one other site as her main points on why a virtual economy is just as delicate as a real one and why they're worth examining and repairing as examples for the future of the real economy.

If she needs some source material about Gaia's economy, please send her a link to my post at Reddit. I have yet to see an analysis as detailed as mine.  

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:40 am
Alexius08
The virtual economies of some games became broken enough that they got noticed by the media. Here's a list I've gathered:

Diablo III

Second Life

Animal Crossing

Runescape

Neopets

Elder Scrolls

Bonus: Five Devastating Virtual Economic Collapses from TheRichest.

Most of the articles covered bugs that affected the virtual economies within these games. Would the media be interested on a case where all evidence points to deliberate introduction of massive amounts of in-game currency into circulation? If so, I suggest contacting the staff of the sites that hosts these articles (more than once, if needed) to publish an article about the hyperinflation of Gaia's virtual economy.

I'm here to report for duty, but is Steam.com or Roosterteeth allowed to be nominated for help?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:54 am
Javier Cross
I'm here to report for duty, but is Steam.com or Roosterteeth allowed to be nominated for help?

Of course.  

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:39 pm
Alexius08
Javier Cross

Of course.

Thank you so much for that by all means, sir.
I'm sure a lot of people on either site have a lot to say about the situations going on in there as well.  
📢Taking Action! - Petitions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games