Submit

Yumeno Yukari

High-functioning Fox

18,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:29 pm
I normally do not post here, but was thinking everyone here would really be interested in this thread that talks about how one person ended up with over 133 TRILLION gold. They explain that they bought an item that was getting 3-4 halos offers but instead paid the price of over 60 halos for it.
Some were claiming it was art, but someone said that to make that kind of gold with art would take years due to taking time to making that kind of quality of art. But this LicorSkein did it in a few months.
Anyway, its an interesting read I think you guys might be interested in.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:38 pm
That person probably bought a shitload of gold generators and is probably saying that it was all from art commissions to keep himself from being hated on from using gold gens. I don't blame him for lying, some people get crazy and go way overboard with what they say on this site.  

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450

Anyannah

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:23 pm
its a curse

Did you read the thread?

I definitely read the thread, and not only did it re-affirm my distrust of Gaia as a whole, but it further affirmed why I do NOT support Gaia gold sinks. I believe, and I will always believe, that these sinks are a farce and an absolute waste.

The whole situation is rather sickening.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:27 pm
Joiva
its a curse

Did you read the thread?

I definitely read the thread, and not only did it re-affirm my distrust of Gaia as a whole, but it further affirmed why I do NOT support Gaia gold sinks. I believe, and I will always believe, that these sinks are a farce and an absolute waste.

The whole situation is rather sickening.

I feel stupid for even donating enough for the achievement.
(and me and Pwnder actually donated I think 30-40bil combined to this guild a couple weeks ago, so I don't feel bad for saying this.)  

its a curse

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:38 pm
Now, we know who the frequent buyers of gold generators are.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:57 pm
its a curse

I feel stupid for even donating enough for the achievement.
(and me and Pwnder actually donated I think 30-40bil combined to this guild a couple weeks ago, so I don't feel bad for saying this.)

I have never donated more than 1gg to any of the Gaia goldsinks, and even that amount is 1gg too much. Now I really appreciate why, and I think this latest Gaia goldsink is utterly ridiculous. It's not a gold sink if you're just going to drop the gold right back into the economy with gifts and gold to newbies and mules that look like newbies. sweatdrop I know lots of people (very weathly people on Gaia) that are feeling stupid right now, but it's Gaia, not you. Gaia is just underhanded in everything they do now. I haven't donated as much as you to this guild, but I've donated several billion along the way, and I have supported Pwnder's Gold Sink with the items, and I don't regret that at all. I trust Pwnder....I don't trust Gaia.  

Anyannah

Enduring Gaian

zolbat

Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:04 pm
I stopped pumping gold into the Gaia gold sinks when they released gold gens during gold sink events.
I've been more active in the market place if only to use the tax to dump gold out of the system.

The whole situation just seems so fishy to me, and fishier still is the fact that in thread that that OP linked, a certain admin responded so quickly, but so far no comment on these alligations.
Could they just not be bothered with "false" accusations, or could they be stalling since everything the OP said is actually true?
It makes me wonder. >.>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:32 pm
I was just about to make a thread concerning this shocking discovery. It's the deception of the staff along with the pure amount that must have been generated into the system and is now in ONE user's hands that sincerelly bothers me!  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Anyannah

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:37 pm
[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]
I stopped pumping gold into the Gaia gold sinks when they released gold gens during gold sink events.
I've been more active in the market place if only to use the tax to dump gold out of the system.

The whole situation just seems so fishy to me, and fishier still is the fact that in thread that that OP linked, a certain admin responded so quickly, but so far no comment on these alligations.
Could they just not be bothered with "false" accusations, or could they be stalling since everything the OP said is actually true?
It makes me wonder. >.>

I don't expect there will be any response: More to the point based upon Gaia when it comes to being called out on their deception and lies: The thread(s) will be deleted.

Gaia is akin to a Communist State now: A state where we are not allowed to speak out in protest against those in power without fear of retaliation. It's also a state (site) run by liars/cheats and those the are cunning when it comes to deception. This is just another in a long line of events that will be swept under the rug and forgotten in a matter of days.

I posted about the insane amount of gold these tickets/items were demanding quite some time back on an account that is now abandoned. Now, all of that gold is in one user's hands: Staff. It's not even someone like BRAIN from which we might expect something like this. He's as confused and disappointed as the rest of us.

Pathetic.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:28 pm
...I'm just gonna leave this here...

/sigh

zolbat

Lunatic

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:37 pm
Please people calm down.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:37 pm
Me thinks that maybe I should just put all the gold into the guild instead of Flynn's Plunder anymore emo

I had a feeling some weird s**t like that was going on though.

Months ago CBers were getting gifted gold gens by an anon. I just couldn't imagine a user buying that much and just giving them away. I thought it might be staff members doing it, I could be wrong of course but it was just too weird. Of course as much faith as we all have in Gaia these days, its not hard to begin conspiracy theorizing when there is no trust to be had anymore cry  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:56 pm
You guys disappoint me.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:59 pm
...I just don't understand why they felt lying was the way to go about it.
Sure, I get that they supposedly wanted to give users more access to "cool" [ie pricey] items, but they went about it all wrong, all so that they could avoid having to put in more effort. It's a job they set on themselves and they were trying to get around more work.
Realistically, if that is the problem, they shouldn't have promised all that to people who acquired tickets to begin with.
But the damage is done, and they are now left with a group of angry customers who see naught but liars in their midst. /sigh

There is a lot of anger on the site, more so than usual, but I must ask, as a fellow Revolutionary, we have to keep our wits about us.
We have to keep calm about it, even though it hurts and angers us. Because getting verbally violent will not solve anything. I know how some other users will egg us on with their responses and adamant refusal to see that Gaia is in the wrong, but we must keep peace. We must.

What's left now is to wait, I think. -_-

zolbat

Lunatic

📌Important Information & References

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out