Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:51 pm
Epine de Rose

User Image

As Iara walked the beach her paws felt heavy. Not even the call of the ocean enticed her currently as she slowly trudged across the beach. For days the lioness had argued with not only herself but her family as well about this day. As she stalled on the sand Iara glanced across the gleaming ocean with stinging eyes, “I need to do this for them.” For her cubs who worried constantly about her heart and her health…but also for her self. If she kept doing this waiting constantly until the darkest hours of night by the ocean shore, searching the pride borders when there wasn’t much work to do, lingering around certain areas full of memories…then she would never be able to get herself out of the past. With her grandcubs around now she had to keep going, she couldn’t just shut down because of the past because she couldn’t pull away from his memory. Too many still needed her as both a family member and a healer for the pride.

“I suppose I really can’t do what you did mother.” Iara commented quietly to the waves as she reminisced on cubhood memories. The reason her sisters had to separate to survive when there was no one else left for them was a mother who had closed herself off due to a broken heart. Iara had sworn she would never do such a thing and that memory gave her the strength to continue down the beach until she could find the lion she was looking for.

She just hoped that Ram would forgive her for this.

But what else was she to do? She had to talk to him to see what their leader thought of her situation. Talise especially was crying with her to continue on and to move forward rather than stay stuck in the past. This was the way that had been decided on so that she could prove to everyone she was moving on. Not that Iara would ever expect to give her heart out so easily again, but even Posey would have never wanted her to be stuck miserable and alone like this forever.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:40 pm
Sabra Knight
Apologies for the delay, walk caught me by surprise!

He had been fortunate in his time here; though he had stumbled upon the pride with much tragedy, the rest of his time here had been enjoyable. He had, after all, had the opportunity to conduct a few ceremonies and to form a new alliance with a rather eccentric pride. All things considered, the Bahari were recovering and it was mostly due to their own efforts rather than his guidance - admittedly there were times when he did have to make a decision but for the most part... They had adapted on their own.

Nevertheless there were times when the lion was required to do things even he didn't want to do. It was a job that no individual wanted, but there had to be someone who provided this type of 'service' when it was required. Admittedly he hadn't planned for it this evening, but when he had caught sight of the downtrodden lioness in the distance, he had been compelled to at least offer his ear to her. She might not want to talk, but stewing over things was never good.

Thus, he rose from his position on the rocks and nimbly dropped to the sands. Flexing his paws, he prepared himself to walk across the unstable surface (something he was still adapting to) and wandered towards the lioness. As he drew nearer he recognised exactly who she was; or rather, he recognised her bloodline. She was related to Afina, Xenon's mate, that much he could see from her colouring. Ah...but it wasn't quite like them to be in this state, they were usually very positive.

"Good evening," he offered, keeping his expression placid.

Epine de Rose

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Epine de Rose
I'm so silly to have forgotten about this. Sorry! D:

A good evening? She had lost those long ago...

Frowning Iara shook the sad thought from her mind. There was no need to freeze like this before Ram. She was a healer, strong and proud, so even in times like these she had to try. Swallowing the blue lioness then nodded slowly, "Good evening." It was so hard though to try to offer a polite smile when her heart felt like a stone.

It was funny because smiling used to come ever so naturally to her. Now sighs and frowns were the most common thing to be seen across her features...Iara's gaze widened as she realized that she was getting lost in her thoughts again, "Sorry, Ram." She offered a small smile, "I'm the mwani Iara. I don't believe I've ever formally introduced myself to you." After all the chaos she was still so busy with helping the other healers and guiding the new ones...social interactions were strangers to her save for with those in pain.

After a short pause she glanced around them, "It is a rather nice evening out...care to take a walk along the shore?" How in the world was she supposed to bring up Poseidon to him? Iara could barely say the name without feeling a part of her soul ripping again. But it was noticeable now...everyone seemed to realize that the lion who had held her heart was lost to the pride.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:05 pm
Sabra Knight

He'd been accused of being clueless before, oblivious to how others thought or felt, but even he could spot when someone was putting on a brave front. Whatever her reasons for being downtrodden were, it wasn't really his business to pry, but he could at least offer some form of company so that she could take her mind off whatever might be plaguing her...if only for a moment or two. Granted he wasn't the best at this sort of thing but he would give it a whirl, particularly when it might only require a simple walk.

"It's a pleasure, Iara," he said, his smile deepening as he caught up to the lioness. "I would offer my own introduction but evidently you beat me to the punch," his smile became apologetic. "Really I should have just gathered everyone together and said 'Hello all, I'm here to clean up my daughters slight slip in judgement, you can call me Ram', but it all got a bit lost in the chaos of repairs and the cub nappings," he mused. A prompt shake of his head and he moved the subject away from himself.

"A walk would be wonderful," he spoke again, this time with a more upbeat tone and raised a brow. "Hopefully this time I won't stumble upon a dead whale and one of my Bumani contemplating the best way to tackle the issue," he added with a chuckle.

"You are related to Afina, yes?" he asked after a few moments. "You and she hold a striking resemblance."

Epine de Rose

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff