Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:01 am
I haven't found too many people to chat with about this, cuz it seems like most people haven't seen it but...

Tiger & Bunny? c:  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:14 am
I have the DVD and blu-ray releases (which I think covers the TV series and the first movie) but haven't watched them yet.

Sorry about that.  

Nadian
Crew

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:20 am
Nadian
I have the DVD and blu-ray releases (which I think covers the TV series and the first movie) but haven't watched them yet.

Sorry about that.

Nuuuu! Foiled again!

Well anyway, I really enjoyed it. smile I'm not much of an anime-watcher, but yeah.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:27 am
I suspect I'd enjoy it just fine if I watched it but my backlog of anime only gets bigger so that show got pushed off somewhere.

Out of curiosity, when you say you're not much of an anime watcher, are you suggesting that the situation that led to you watching Tiger & Bunny was unusual for you? IE, is there a story there?  

Nadian
Crew

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:44 pm
I've only seen the few English episodes on Netflix, but it's good. I've already got a fan fiction for it I need to write down: Tiger and Bunny: Sugar and Spice. I want to wait until I've seen the whole thing before writing it, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:01 pm
Nadian
I suspect I'd enjoy it just fine if I watched it but my backlog of anime only gets bigger so that show got pushed off somewhere.

Out of curiosity, when you say you're not much of an anime watcher, are you suggesting that the situation that led to you watching Tiger & Bunny was unusual for you? IE, is there a story there?

I was initially exposed to its existance when I was at Yaoi-con some... uh... s**t, three years ago? Four? Not sure which year. Anyway, I thought the characters looked cool so I watched the anime on hulu. The interesting thing was that after watching, I didn't ship the ship that had been prevalent at Yaoi-con; I only really saw the two main characters as bros. So aha. But yeah, I've even got a figurine of Kotetsu and Barnaby. smile  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:13 pm
Zphal
Nadian

I was initially exposed to its existance when I was at Yaoi-con some... uh... s**t, three years ago? Four? Not sure which year. Anyway, I thought the characters looked cool so I watched the anime on hulu. The interesting thing was that after watching, I didn't ship the ship that had been prevalent at Yaoi-con; I only really saw the two main characters as bros. So aha. But yeah, I've even got a figurine of Kotetsu and Barnaby. smile

That's definitely a good story for being introduced to an anime. Well, at least from my perspective where discovery of new anime primarily occurs via the latest DVD/BD releases.

I'll try and remember to make sure the Tiger and Bunny blu-rays are in the pile of stuff to watch in an attempt to prioritize it, then. (Although it is currently fourth in line.)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:46 pm
Nadian
Zphal
Nadian

That's definitely a good story for being introduced to an anime. Well, at least from my perspective where discovery of new anime primarily occurs via the latest DVD/BD releases.

I'll try and remember to make sure the Tiger and Bunny blu-rays are in the pile of stuff to watch in an attempt to prioritize it, then. (Although it is currently fourth in line.)

Very cool. smile

It's also sort of cool that one of the main-ish characters is a gay cross-dresser. Would've been nicer if (s)he'd been full MtF, but eh, you take what you can get. After all, I found the depiction of a boy-in-girl's-clothing to be terribly disappointing in Jellyfish Princess. neutral  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:48 pm
Nadian

Sorry about that.

This sounds like me with books

"Oh, I have that book!"

"Was it good?"

"I don't know I haven't read it."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:51 pm
Mama Ame
Nadian

Sorry about that.

"Oh, I have that book!"

"Was it good?"

Yeah, the better you are at collectoring, the more this sort of problem pops up.  

Nadian
Crew

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:02 pm
Nadian
Mama Ame
Nadian

Sorry about that.

"Oh, I have that book!"

"Was it good?"

Yeah, the better you are at collectoring, the more this sort of problem pops up.

3nodding  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff