Teepee Manager Hiring Thread: Judging! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:41 am
Welcome to the Teepee Manager Hiring Page!

We're looking to hire a Teepee Manager, as we're currently without. This position requires a lot of data entra, so if you've fond feelings for copy and paste, like giving soquili and their familiars a good home, and have some good customer experience skills, then this is the place for you!

Starts: Now! 08-29-14
Ends: 11:59 PM EST 09-19-14

Please note -- you may enter for any and all hiring positions, including both Colorist and NCS. You could be hired for one or the other, or both, if you think you can handle the workload.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:42 am

Teepee Manager 1 Position

As Teepee Manager, you will set up new teepees for new players, as well as update teepee information as individuals obtain new ponies, or wish to update their teepee look. This is a position that requires an active and dedicated individual; someone who works well with others, but also works daily. Teepee's should not get backed up or delayed for long, given that the Stat Manager is reliant on teepees getting updated and created. You should be timely, communicative, and be able to update teepees daily -- not just once a month or on a whim.

A Teepee Manager should communicate, be friendly, prompt, patient and have time to dedicate to this position.

If you are interested in Teepee Manager, please fill out the following form.

General Information
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Position Trying For:[/b] Teepee Manager
[b]Do you have AIM?[/b] Yes or No
[b]If Not, would you be willing to get AIM?[/b]
[b]What's your availability like?[/b]
[b]When is the best time to get a hold of you?[/b]
[b]What timezone are you in?[/b]
[b]Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job?[/b] Also not required to be eligible. We're just curious.
[b]Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior?[/b] Not required, but very useful

Teepee Manager Specific Information
[b]Do you understand this job is almost a daily thing, if not at the very least every few days, and definitely once a week?[/b[]
[b]Is such activity going to be a problem?[/b]
[b]Are you good at communicating with others? If life starts to get hectic, or you start falling behind, what would you do?[/b]
[b]If a customer fills out one of the forms wrong, what would you do?[/b]
[b]If that same customer consistently fills out the form wrong, how would you handle the situation?[/b]
[b]Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff?[/b]
[b]Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a Teepee Manager?[/b]

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:44 am
Rules for Entry

1. Please read this entire front page before you enter!
2. If you have questions or concerns, please PM them to Soquili Era.
3. Please only give examples of item placement and item color work you've done yourself.
4. Please fill out the form in its entirety.
5. If we have a hard cut-off date or deadline, please follow it. You might be DQ'd if you miss it, even by just a few minutes.
6. We will perform background checks on potential hires and cross-check references.
7. You do NOT have to have worked in a B/C shop before, or a previous colorist, to enter.
8. We understand sometimes people don't get along, and mistakes have been made in the past. We will not hold past mistakes against you, but do understand, if you have a drama-filled background, or we get many complaints from previous employers, this might dampen your chances of being hired.
9. Nothing to see here. << That's not blood, it's ketchup. Honest.
10. We at Soquili do not need to explain why we choose the hires we do, or justify why we did not hire someone. While we will give helpful feedback back to colorists who ask for it, we do not have to give details on why one was not picked. Please note, that even if you are not hired now, this does not mean you shouldn't try again during future hire events.
11. There will not be various rounds -- we will simply hire as is, based on your posted entry below.
12. You'll also probably want an IM program of some kind so we can get a hold of you outside of Gaia/PM.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:45 am
Teepee Manager Applicants

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:16 am
Open!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:57 am
General Information
Name: Frezir
Position Trying For: Teepee Manager
Do you have AIM? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM?
What's your availability like? I'm on almost every days for a few hours, but on days off im usually on almost 12+ hours
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Anytime
What timezone are you in? PST
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? None
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? icy serenade

Do you understand this job is almost a daily thing, if not at the very least every few days, and definitely once a week? Of course
Is such activity going to be a problem? It shouldn't be
Are you good at communicating with others? If life starts to get hectic, or you start falling behind, what would you do? If life became hectic, I'd get a hold of mindsend or uta to explain what is going on. If i was falling behind, I would ask uta or mindsend for possible help
If a customer fills out one of the forms wrong, what would you do? I would pm them and point out what part of the form was wrong and ask if they could fix it
If that same customer consistently fills out the form wrong, how would you handle the situation? I would calmly message Uta or Mindsend about the same customer getting the form wrong constantly and ask what to do about the situation.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I think i'd be able to help with whatever is needed
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a Teepee Manager? In RL I'm naturally organized and I usually keep everything neat. I'm on top of a lot of things at work and I've had lots of experience.  

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:44 am
General Information
Name: Cajmera
Do you have AIM? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM? N/A
What's your availability like? I'm very available at this time, due to my current 'employment' being that of an introverted homemaker.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? During the day or evening
What timezone are you in? Central time; SoDak, baby!
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? Well, I used to work in Soquili, for a few years as general manager. It was a while ago, so I'm not exactly sure on the dates; I think it was late 2006 until sometime in early 2010, when I had to resign due to my real life getting beyond crazy. In my role as general manager, I answered questions, helped moderate the main thread, managed and updated the co-ownership and mates/permissions threads, and helped set up the first elder application format. I also would do miscellaneous other things as needed. My work capacity dropped dramatically during my last few months, which is why I ended up resigning; it didn't feel right to be on staff without time to do anything.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Malhith? Or anyone else who was staff at that time!

Do you understand this job is almost a daily thing, if not at the very least every few days, and definitely once a week? Sure do!
Is such activity going to be a problem? No, it won't
Are you good at communicating with others? If life starts to get hectic, or you start falling behind, what would you do? Yes, I'm very good. If my life takes a crazy turn again and I found myself struggling, I would let Mind/Uta/Mal know right away; I'd also let them know if it was a short-term thing (family emergency, for example), or a longer-term problem (medical issue?)
If a customer fills out one of the forms wrong, what would you do? I'd first reach out to the customer privately, via pm or AIM, and nicely let them know what part of the form was incorrect and how to fill it out properly. I'd also let them know I'm available if they have any questions about the form now or in the future. And I'd also check the information provided to customers explaining how to fill the form out, to see if perhaps it needs clarification/updating.
If that same customer consistently fills out the form wrong, how would you handle the situation? I would first reach back out to the customer and explain why the forms need to be filled out a certain way, to ensure accurate information is added to the teepees, and ask if there was anything I could do to help the customer understand the form. If the problem persisted, I would reach out to Mind/Mal/Uta to discuss possible consequences.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I love the shop and the people in the shop; I've been a member of Soquili since 2006 and have been an active part of the community for almost that entire time. I'd love to be a part of staff to help keep this community thriving! In addition, Soquili is the shop I frequent on Gaia, so it has that home-away from home thing going on as well.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a Teepee Manager? I love numbers and data entry; in real life, a good portion of my job for the past 7 years was data tracking and organization, along with customer service. I love order, keeping things neat, and poking through teepees!

And this isn't on the form, but I'd like to say that I'm thrilled for the chance to apply for staff and for there to be so many positions opening up. I plan to apply for a couple other NCS positions, but I'd like to note this is my first choice if you end considering me in an "either/or" situation...though I'd happy try 'and'!

Thank you for your consideration.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:46 am
General Information
Name: Junglerunner
Do you have AIM?  Yes
What's your availability like? 2 hours daily more at the weekends.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? 7 to 10pm (approx), I usually log in 5 to 10 minutes at 6 in the morning and I also check my phone in my lunch break.
What timezone are you in? GMT
Have you worked in any shops before?  If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? No.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Rynn.

Do you understand this job is almost a daily thing, if not at the very least every few days, and definitely once a week? Yes.
Is such activity going to be a problem? Nope.
Are you good at communicating with others?  If life starts to get hectic, or you start falling behind, what would you do? Contact Mind or Uta ASAP. I am quick to admit when things get to much. My life is rather busy and I have little muse to RP nowadays though I do spend hours browsing around Soq, through old teepees and everything, so doing something more constructive would be great and more helpful to the community.
If a customer fills out one of the forms wrong, what would you do? Simply PM them back pointing out the errors and asking them kindly to amend the mistakes and them PM me back the amended form so I can update their teepee. If it’s a simple coding error I am happy to amend that myself.
If that same customer consistently fills out the form wrong, how would you handle the situation? Politely point out to them that this is the 2nd or third time I’ve had a form from them not correctly filled out, ask if I can help by making things clearer for them in any way; point them in the right direction if they are missing out certain key information and where they can find it etc.

If I can’t help them and I get another poorly filled out form, I may forward the form on to Mind and/or Uta and with my previous advice to the customer and ask for feedback.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I have been around now for a few years, I generally lurk more than anything though occasionally post in the shop thread. I understand the strong belief to offer a fair service to the whole community and believe I can manage to provide that.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a Teepee Manager? IRL I manage a pharmacy dispensary in a large city hospital, I am use to managing staff and busy situations IRL. I am also very particular in my work and I like things ‘just so’. I think those organisational skills will benefit me whilst managing the teepees.

junglerunner

Milady Emerald

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:10 pm
General Information
Name: Milady Emerald
Do you have AIM? No
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM? potentially yes
What's your availability like? I'm usually on daily, at various hours/ I go to school part time and then am a housewife with no children.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Usually evenings after 8 pm pst
What timezone are you in? Pacific Standard
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? Technically yes, I've worked for Fuwa Fuwa and was a spell checker/ thread manager, and I've unofficially for other shops just helping people catch up, like in Star Struck and Illumens. Most of the threads I was a part of have gone under now.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Not specifically, most shops I've helped at have gone under and their owners are rarely/ no longer on Gaia.

Do you understand this job is almost a daily thing, if not at the very least every few days, and definitely once a week?[/b[] Yes!
Is such activity going to be a problem? Nope!
Are you good at communicating with others? If life starts to get hectic, or you start falling behind, what would you do? Contact my supervisor as soon as I realized I might be falling behind in the future and let them know I anticipated some struggling. As well as try to juggle my life to be available for the commitment I had made to this shop. I have no problems admitting when something is too much for me, and asking for help.
If a customer fills out one of the forms wrong, what would you do? Send them a PM explaining gently that a mistake was made, and how it should be done differently including giving examples.
If that same customer consistently fills out the form wrong, how would you handle the situation? after it happened twice I would talk to a supervisor.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? Because I am on Gaia frequently, have been looking for a shop I could help in, I am a fairly good at communication, learn quickly, and enjoy silly things like data entry and helping people.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a Teepee Manager? I enjoy data entry, making pretty things and enabling people to do things they love.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:07 pm
Bowing out respectfully. The new stat system is easier to manage so I don't need to switch jobs now.
General Information
Name: Nisshou H
Do you have AIM? Yes
What's your availability like? Weekdays between 8 and 10:30 AM and after 4 PM MST. Weekends almost all the time.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Whenever. I'm on daily and get offline messages on AIM. Afternoons and evenings are probably your best bet for catching me though.
What timezone are you in? Mountain-US
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? Yes. This one. 8D RP Manager (formerly) for about a year. Stat manager going on three years now.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Roniel, Uta, Mindsend, anyone currently on staff.

Do you understand this job is almost a daily thing, if not at the very least every few days, and definitely once a week? Yes. (Daily would make it an easier load by far anyway.)
Is such activity going to be a problem? No
Are you good at communicating with others? If life starts to get hectic, or you start falling behind, what would you do? Generally good about communicating. If I start falling behind (well someone would likely notice and prod me because that's how things work) but I'd tell someone I'm struggling with it.
If a customer fills out one of the forms wrong, what would you do? Quote them telling what changes need to be made.
If that same customer consistently fills out the form wrong, how would you handle the situation? If it's a consistent issue then I'd PM them asking if they understand what the form is asking because it could be that the form simply isn't making sense.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? Because I'm already staff, and have been for a while. You guys all know me and how I work. I know how everything works. I know the rules including some really obscure bits of trivia most people have forgotten since I've been at the shop for so long.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a Teepee Manager? I temporarily held this position while we transferred teepee managers last time. Before that I was constantly fixing teepees for people anyway. You could say I'm very familiar with the work.
Also as stat manager I'm well versed in the inner workings of teepees anyway. The switch wouldn't be hard to adjust to and I'm certain I'd thrive in this position.

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:27 pm
General Information
Name: techabyte
Do you have AIM? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM? Have it.
What's your availability like? Available every day for several hours a day; though the time varies, as I do have a full time job as well. If needed, Nyoko has my phone number and I can get on AIM on my phone or Tablet while at work.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Uhhhh. Varies? Anytime really; I can be on AIM on my phone if I need to be.
What timezone are you in? Central
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? n/a
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? n/a

Do you understand this job is almost a daily thing, if not at the very least every few days, and definitely once a week? Yes.
Is such activity going to be a problem? No.
Are you good at communicating with others? If life starts to get hectic, or you start falling behind, what would you do? If it starts to get hectic for me, I would probably go to Uta or Mind, explain what was going on, and why I may fall behind. If I needed to take a few days off, I would make sure I gave ample time so that everyone knew and it would be easy to get everything situated. But I believe that I will have time every day to check role-plays/do a bit of updating as needed.
If a customer fills out one of the forms wrong, what would you do? I would PM the customer and let them know that the form was wrong and in what ways, and ask them to repost said form so that I can ensure I get all the information right for them!
If that same customer consistently fills out the form wrong, how would you handle the situation? I would sent them a PM and ask if they are having problems understanding the form, and then ask if there is any way to help. Possibly even explain how to fill out the form/give them examples/ect.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I get along with almost everyone around; I have a positive attitude and am understanding to everything around me. If someone needs help, I try to do so as soon as I can. I'm very organized and love to do lists and update things.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a Teepee Manager? I'm very organized and like to keep my work organized as well. I'm good at keeping things in order and checking things every day. I would probably check the thread a few times a day to make sure that I got everyone and everything was spot on. Updating things and making them look awesome and organized is something I really enjoy doing.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:44 pm
General Information
Name: Mewsings of An Angel
Do you have AIM? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM?
What's your availability like? Pretty much full availability currently (unemployed).
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Afternoon and evenings are the best, but I normally check things in the morning as well. So really open to anytime.
What timezone are you in? EST
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? Haven't held a true position at any B/C besides helping out once in a blue moon.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Well, there's Brittlebear, Tanukyle, Azreth... I'm not sure if there has been any name changes...

Are you good at communicating with others? If life starts to get hectic, or you start falling behind, what would you do? I am excellent at contacting others. If I do fall behind and there happens to be a growing list, I would make sure to let the individuals know what is going on and that there might be a short wait before updates and such can be handled.
If a customer fills out one of the forms wrong, what would you do? Contact them by PM letting them know of their boo-boo. If they're confused, I would help them thru it step by step.
If that same customer consistently fills out the form wrong, how would you handle the situation? Ask them if they have AIM, so I can speak to them in a quicker manner and help them fill out everything if necessary.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I've been around for years, seen the rise and fall of the shop and have stuck around through all of it. I feel like I could be a great asset to the team, and that I would enjoy being able to brainstorm with all the creative people in making Soquili an even better place than it already is!
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a Teepee Manager? I like order, and I like seeing things all clean and well-kept. All in all, as strange as it is, I like lists! (Odd, I know) I enjoy rigorous, brain-numbing work that would keep me occupied.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Regina Aelise

Enduring Phantom

11,300 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:38 pm
General Information
Name: ReginaAelise (Gina)
Do you have AIM? Yes
What's your availability like? Generally open- I have a few personal obligations throughout the week, but generally will be able to check in at least once a day, and usually for several hours at a stretch.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Between the hours of one and five PM, or ten PM and two AM, PT.
What timezone are you in? Pacific Time
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? I have not worked in the B/C before.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? In terms of general behavior, online conduct, and RL professionalism, Miss Cherie and spelldancer. In terms of behavior in a shop as part of a community, Uta, Samuel Carlin, and Celeanor.

Are you good at communicating with others? If life starts to get hectic, or you start falling behind, what would you do? I’m pretty good with communication- I can communicate clearly and cleanly, and am generally reasonably patient with people. If life starts to get hectic, or I begin to fall behind, I would first inform my ‘supervisors’ that there is an issue, along with an estimate of how long I expect to be unavailable, or how serious a difficulty I am having. In a worst case scenario, I would do my best to keep everything going until a replacement can be found, and provide whatever tools I have developed if said replacement wanted them. If it is just a temporary setback, I am fairly good at creating a ‘catch up’ schedule, to evenly complete current work alongside back-work.
If a customer fills out one of the forms wrong, what would you do? PM the customer for clarification as necessary.
If that same customer consistently fills out the form wrong, how would you handle the situation? PM the customer with a set of questions to clarify where their confusion stems from, and to help guide them to the information they need to correct their errors. In the event of consistent lack of comprehension, refusal to communicate from the customer, or aggressive/rude behavior, I would seek advice and assistance from staff members with more experience.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? While I am generally available and sociable, I am also quiet and not particularly well-known in the Soquili community, so I don’t bring a lot of baggage or assumptions with me. I like building relationships, but I keep my personal opinions personal and have a well-developed ‘customer service voice’ when it comes to the occasional inevitable personality conflict. Generally speaking, I believe people find me approachable, but I’m not a pushover and am able to distance myself from emotional situations until I have had a chance to think about them in a collected and rational way. I want to contribute to the Soquili environment because I respect the effort the Soquili staff makes, and I recognize the sheer quantity of work involved in keeping an enterprize of this size going day to day.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a Teepee Manager? I like making lists. I like spreadsheets. I enjoy the ability to develop organizational tools, and developing formatting. I believe that with the amount of time I have available, I will be able to keep on top of the daily workload, and provide an efficient and consistent presence. I have no qualms about asking for input if a situation comes up beyond my experience, but I’m also very able to solve small problems and communicate directly with customers. In the event that the workload becomes overwhelming, I am willing to admit that, and seek help, rather than allowing the situation to get out of hand and create an inconvenience to both staff and customers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:48 pm
Edited to add previous employment details because I forgot a couple, hope that's okay Dx

General Information
Name: Phail Ninja
Do you have AIM? Yes (username is phail_ninja)
If Not, would you be willing to get AIM? --
What's your availability like? I'm online every day, unless I'm going on holiday then during travel time I won't be able to get on. Starting a new course soon at university, but hours will at worst be 9-6, and will be able to get on before they start in the morning and afterwards. I tend to be a bit of a night-owl so I can stay up late etc... till like 3AM some nights (and often do), I don't ever sleep till about 1AM. Weekends I'm free, and during the main holidays (christmas, easter and summer). ^.^
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Any time by PM, because I check gaia quickly throughout the day x3 AIM is reserved for when I'm on my computer, which will be in the evenings/late (but as I'm in the UK, this actually isn't very late for all you US people XD). I am also skype-able at any point throughout the day (and prefer it to AIM 'cause I use it all the time, whereas AIM I just use for gaia).
What timezone are you in? UK time (either GMT or BST depending on which bit of the year it is).
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? I worked at The Race Track for slimycrow for a while as RP manager, was in charge of holding RP events and just trying to keep some RP going in the guild - but there were never a lot of RPers there so there wasn't that much to do. Also ended up co-owner of GSPCA after the original owners left, with Samiuki being the main owner. Tried to kick-start it back up, but Samiuki went MIA and it never really happened. Additionally, I also ran two of my own shops! 1. The Champuu Hut which was fairly successful, had a big starting event but ended up dying out due to a lack of interest. There I was a colourist, certist, shop owner & shop manager - I basically did everything except for RP manager and some of the colouring (because I hired other colourists too x3). 2. PHISH, which I owned fully as well x3 Had two guest colourists but the shop never took off - there was little/no interest in the opening event despite bumping/posting to try and get people's attention xP Ah well.

In summary:
The Racetrack - RP Manager - From 2009-2012ish (but the shop wasn't really working in the later years and there was never much RP)
GSPCA - Co-owner/Manager - Not long, died because co-owner went MIA when original owners passed over the shop to us
The Champuu Hut - Colourist/Certist/Owner/Manager - Roughly a year
PHISH - Colourist/Certist/Owner/Manager - Shop never took off, a few months of actual work?
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Slimycrow knows me well ^.^ And I know CitrusCupcake, Mahogany Sunset and tefla from the thread quite well (I hope XD) who would hopefully be willing to say I have good behaviour x3

Do you understand this job is almost a daily thing, if not at the very least every few days, and definitely once a week? Of course <3
Is such activity going to be a problem? Not at all, and if this changes I would let you know ASAP
Are you good at communicating with others? If life starts to get hectic, or you start falling behind, what would you do? I think I am xD I'm friendly and easy to talk to, and I just prefer to be honest about things while still being nice.
As for what I'd do, I'd just tell someone. There's no point just vanishing and letting it pile up. If I can't handle it (which I don't think will be a problem) then I would honestly say, because I don't want the shop to suffer on my account.
If a customer fills out one of the forms wrong, what would you do? If it's just a small mistake, I'd probably ignore it (misspelling a username or something minor like that). I'd still make a note of it under their form just in case I made a mistake, but there's no reason to bother someone if it's something very obvious. If I am unsure of what they meant, I'd just drop them a friendly PM asking for clarification ^.^ I don't get that many PMs and check them as soon as I get them, so PMing is not a problem for me at all.
If that same customer consistently fills out the form wrong, how would you handle the situation? If it's something major and is affecting my ability to do the work, I'd politely PM them again and try to explain fully how it should be filled out etc... And if it's a repeat problem, I'd think about adjusting the form to make it clearer. If after explaining, the customer insists on still filling it in wrong and making my life difficult (I kid! xD) then I suppose I'd let someone higher up know to see what I should do, because it's obviously a problem.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I'm already a regular at Soquili, and I love it here. Honestly. I want nothing more than to see the shop succeed on gaia. I love how open and friendly it's become, it's basically my second home now. And I will do anything I can to help this shop get to the top. Helping compile owner's lists, cosplay lists etc... are all things I've done in the past and I don't want it to end there. I really want to give myself 1000% to the shop. I'm also friendly and approachable, and don't escalate things into drama, which I think will make me a good staff member ^.^
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a Teepee Manager? Because as I pointed out, I'm good at keeping things up to date. List keeping and other such jobs are very simple for me, and I'm practically OCD about getting them right. I'm also on gaia at multiple points throughout the day, which would allow me to consistently keep up with the teepee update requests x3 My schedule isn't very busy so I have plenty of time for Soquili. Long story short, I can do the work, I'll enjoy the work, and I can do the work damn well.  

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:55 pm
General Information
Name: pippi18848
Do you have AIM? Yes
What's your availability like? Depending on the day depends on the time frame I'm on, but I'm usually available anywhere between 2-5hrs a day or more on my days off from work.
When is the best time to get a hold of you? Again it honestly depends on the day. Tues/Thus/Sat's is fairly easy to get a hold of me in the mornings. The rest of the week fluctuates but I'm completely willing to give my cell number for easy contact[aim app doesn't always work on my phone]
What timezone are you in? EST
Have you worked in any shops before? If so, which ones and how long and what was your job? I tried running my own shops. But running my own shop was way more complicated then simply working as a position in a shop which is a lot less stressful.
Do you have any past shop references or individuals who can vouch for your professionalism and good behavior? Roniel

Do you understand this job is almost a daily thing, if not at the very least every few days, and definitely once a week? I completely understand that this is a daily position.
Is such activity going to be a problem? Nope not in the least! I'm usually available for a couple hours a day with very rare exceptions.
Are you good at communicating with others? If life starts to get hectic, or you start falling behind, what would you do? I like to think that I am. If life starts to get hectic I have no problems letting a higher up know. As General Manager of my college's radio station, falling behind was a frequent thing[not by my choice, but a ton of red tape from student life] so I would divy up tasks with my DJ's. But, in this case I would definetely let a higher up know that "Hey, things came up and I need to take a small break to deal with this."
If a customer fills out one of the forms wrong, what would you do? I would message them back and point out what was filled out wrong in a courteous manner.
If that same customer consistently fills out the form wrong, how would you handle the situation? If they kept filling the forms out wrong, I would ask questions as to what might be confusing. Maybe they consistently miss the same thing in the form because it's not noticeable to them. If after asking inquires about the form, confusion, etc. and it still keeps happening even after the help, I would turn to someone higher up for advice.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as Soquili Staff? I've been with Soq since 2006, but lurked in the shop from the very first day it was created in the B/C. I get along with pretty much everyone, and even if I don't, I can be civil and keep it a professional.
Why do you think you'd be a good fit as a Teepee Manager? I feel that I would be a good fit as a Teepee manager, because I love helping others. Teepees are a huge part of the Soquili environment that a good majority of the shop base uses. What better way to help out then by setting up, and helping them maintain their teepees?  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff