It had been a long day for the young Jarlkona. The long days were getting quite a bit more frequent as she began to deal with more of the day to day problems of the pride members. She would often find herself stressed and aching to just run.

But she would not. This was her home. She had a mate and, while they both had humble beginnings, they had become the leaders. She was just a nomad. Then a Jaktur and now she was the Jarl’s wife. The role was quite intimidating sometimes, but she was strong.

The black-eyed lioness tossed her mane, huffing slightly.

There was one pride member that had been with her from the very start, though. Moyo. That lion had begun the journey with her. Well, in fact, he had been there when she was young - just barely reaching adolescence. He already had his paws into adulthood when they met.

He had helped her gain her footing as she grew, and their dependence on one another became legend in their small group. They were gone now - most of them were. Moyo and Liana - they had stayed within the pride. She had been young, barely able to hunt on her own, though she grew into a skilled one.

Moyo always said Merchants always heard the best information.

He had this sly look on his face when he mentioned it, and they had grown together in the pride. Everyone expected the pair to marry, really. From their group, as well as some whisperings in the pride, but that was not what the gods had aligned.

Besides, they were far more like oddly close siblings anyhow.

“Dear Liana,” she heard the familiar voice of Moyo call out to her. While Liana had become the wife of a jarl overnight, her dearest brother had held on to his rank. He was skilled as an artisan, and had learned in their travels. She often brought him the pelts from her hunts when she was still a Jaktur. They traded and gifted things between themselves often enough.

It was hardly a wonder why many thought they were courting one another.

They were just friends though - very good friends. She grinned at him. “Moyo,” she greeted in turn. “Smed Moyo.” She laughed. “Come walk with me for a bit.” Moyo watched her for a moment. She had simply started walking, expecting him to follow.

He did of course. There was no where that he wouldn’t follow her after all. She lead him to the river nearest them, and they began to follow the current. They stayed silent for a few long beats, simply enjoying the company of the other.

“Moyo,” Liana started again. “I need you. This life as the Jarlkona - It was unexpected, as you know,” she watched as her friend nodded. It wasn't something they had discussed in the path. "You've never guided me wrong, you know." She said it softly. It wasn't usual for her to speak of something like this.

He turned to look at her, hating the solemn tone of the words. "I would never guide you wrong, Liana. You are my friend - my sister, and I would do anything, anything, to protect you.

She gave him a smile, laughing a bit. "I know, Moyo. That's why I am asking this..." There was a brief flash of confusion across the Smed's face.

"What are you asking, Liana?" He had to confirm it, though there he could suspect the question. She gave a small sigh, rocking on her toes. Her gaze was steady and dark, a usual expression for sure.

However, she had to ask. "I would like you to be my Ráðgjafi - my advisor, if that would suit you," she breathed out. The stress had gotten to her quickly in her new role, but she was sure it would get easier once she got used to it.

Or at least, that was what she hoped.

"Ráðgjafi?" Moyo asked. He knew well enough what it would entail, and he wasn't sure he liked the thought. But, Liana was asking. She wouldn't ask if she didn't need him to take the role. She trusted him as much as he trusted her. "Are you sure?" He asked, however - just to make sure.

Liana frowned. "I wouldn't ask you unless I was absolutely certain," she said with finality. It was the most certain she had been since Ghana won the battle against Hekmes and became the new Jarl.

He could see the determination in her eyes and the tenseness of her shoulders. "This is getting really hard on you, isn't it?" He asked. He was older than she was and he felt a huge bought of older sibling protectiveness roll off of him in waves.

Liana seemed to sag a little, rocking forward and leaning into her brother. "I'll be find, but I need you by my side, Moyo," she muttered softly, closing her dark eyes. The stress was near overwhelming, but if she needed to handle it on her own, she would.

Not that Ghana was no help, but she needed to be strong for him as well. "Very well, then. I wouldn't leave you to deal with this on your own," Moyo agreed. He would never do that to his dear sister.

The red and white lion could actually feel the relief emanating from the small lioness. He nuzzled the top of her head. "You're very dear to me, I hate to see you so distraught..." He sighed, and Liana could only smile up at him. "Get back to your husband, I'm sure he want's to see you by now," he laughed. She gave him a small playful bunt of her head against his shoulder.

"I'll let him know of your decision, Moyo," she grinned. She looked lighter and less stressed already. It was a good thing to see. He would, of course, keep his business up on the side and pass it along to any kid he would ever have. But for now, he needed to be there for his sister. He watched to wander off and shook his head, intending to g on about his day as normal.