Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:15 pm
User Image

From Aysu's perspective, things had settled down and become far too quiet.. and while she was simply incapable of letting it go herself, she had managed to suppress her anger. Her children, her only real little family of her own, all seemed to be handling everything so well.. and that only made it harder to her. She was glad they didn't seem to be putting themselves into much danger (though she worried for Ikwezi and Nina, when Shangyue finally got his and the royal guard fell apart).. but it also left her feeling that much more isolated.

Feeling particularly restless, she was out for a walk. She moved like she had a purpose but she was really wandering rather aimlessly around in the dark, pondering.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:37 pm
User Image

In the dark, Tyfu was one of the least and most visible lionesses in the entire pride. The matte black of her fur made her little more than a shadow against the darkness, a background against which her toxicly green markings seemed to glow.

"You look worried," a soft sneer came out of that darkness as Tyfu came near to the other lioness. "Plotting against the King, are you?"

The Guard didn't actually suspect Aysu of being part of any conspiracy...but at the same time, she knew the Huntress was an ideal candidate. Her gossipy habits of old made it clear that Aysu generally knew what was going on, not too long after it happened, and she knew much of the pride by face and name.

Here and now, it was simply an excuse to torment the other lioness.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:19 pm
Aysu started, turning to face the unlikable voice that addressed her- already glaring by the time her eyes met Tyfu's. She stifled a hiss, but just looking at Tyfu made everything worse. This lioness represented so much of what was wrong in the pride. She wasn't a slave being manipulated with imagined power, she was a regular member who accepted and supported the awful things Shangyue did because she, too, was awful.

Never mind what whispering she had heard about the cubs recently borne to the despicable lioness. While Aysu had never seen the cubs herself, she didn't doubt for a second that it was something Tyfu would want.. and she didn't doubt Shangyue would go along with it.

"If I was, it's the King that ought to be worried."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:24 pm
The dark lioness laughed out loud. It was an incongruously joyous sound, which made the fact of it even worse. Tyfu was genuinely amused by the other female's words.

"The King? Worried about you? Oh Aysu, how could anyone worry about you?" What had sounded genuinely entertained had begun slanting towards sinisterly threatening as the black lioness continued to speak.

"After all, you're all talk and no action. A gossip, but you'd never raise your own paw against someone." As if that taunt wasn't enough, Tyfu tossed her head a little.

"If I had so disagreed with my children's stances," she told the older lioness with a smirk, referring to those low class offspring who'd become Royal Guards, "I'd've punished them soundly. But you just stood there and took it!" Mirth had returned to Tyfu's voice. But her smile never once reached her cold, golden eyes.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:42 pm
Though she spoke without thinking, she meant every word of it- and the laughter didn't bother her. Obviously, if she stood alone she could not take the King, his royal guards and the handful of loyal followers he had.. but that didn't mean the were invulnerable. Tyfu might think it was a joke to accuse Aysu of it, but there was a real danger tied to that possibility.

Being called out for being all talk was infuriating, though. It was something that had plagued her a lot lately, that she could be so upset and yet so unwilling to act- but even Meshach and Andama, who acted quickly and earnestly, had been unsuccessful.. and to take action would mean really turning on Ikwezi and Nina-dini. She could not accept their decisions and would argue with them every opportunity she got, but they were grown ups and capable of making and defending their own decisions.

"I feel sorry for your children," she hissed, "That you think you ought to control their every thought and action. Are you disappointed they aren't properly noble, or would you have preferred the bastards join the misguided slaves as royal guards?"

She had no proof, had not seen the cubs herself, but she was clearly willing to bet on what little information she had. Though she purposefully left out the title of prince or princess, her implications would be clear to anybody who knew the suspicions-- or the truth.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:52 pm
Tyfu laughed again. Truly, it was hilarious how Aysu's narrow view of the world limited her thoughts. Not to mention the implication of who had fathered her cubs. She wasn't about to share that information with the world, but the Huntress seemed to not understand the basics.

For Tyfu it had never been power over the pride. She simply enjoyed tormenting those who would give the most satisfaction. And if she wielded no power or influence beyond that, it was her own choice. Let others rule. She had little patience for mediating and serving the people.

"I do not, and will not control my children," she informed the misguided lioness. "It is simply a matter of teaching them to desire the right results," Tyfu explained, eyes glittering cruelly. She thought about ignoring the other jab, but decided that would cause more problems than it would solve.

"Are you attempting to imply something about my litter's father?" she asked, voice dangerously soft. "I've said this before. I have no reason to share his name with the pride as a whole. I don't believe you were ever forced to do so, and I see no point. They are my children, to raise as I see fit and he will have no say in the matter. Assuming he even knows about them."

The last was a lie, but it was a safe one. There was no way for a rogue male to know he'd fathered cubs unless if the mother informed him or he chose to return to the lioness and found out the hard way. It was important to at least maintain the story that a passing rogue had been responsible.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:12 pm
Aysu was used to being questioned and second-guessed on her parenting, it seemed to be a popular past time for many of her own family members (and who knew who else) simply because of the timing of her litters and her tendency to get caught up in random dramatics around the pride. She was good at ignoring it, but it was impossible to tolerate Tyfu's implication that she was a better mother.

She couldn't stop a low growl from escaping her, but gritting her teeth she just told herself they would see who was a better parent when Tyfu's little monsters grew up.

Besides, the topic of the cubs' father was far more interesting-- and the shift to that topic drew a small smile out of her. She didn't even care that Tyfu acted like she really knew and understood Aysu's story.

"The names of my cubs' fathers would be of little consequence to the pride," she said, ignoring Tyfu's declaration that his identity didn't matter because he doesn't get a say, "But that's not true for your cubs, is it?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:17 pm
Perspective was everything. Aysu might think that Tyfu was going to raise little monsters - and she was right - but the lighter lioness' assumption that the Guard would want anything else for her offspring was somewhat mistaken. Tyfu's belief was that children were what you made them to be, and if the model you provided was a monster, that was exactly what you'd get.

And precisely what she wanted. Though that was for the future.

The dark lioness sighed. "I think you overstep yourself Aysu. I'm bored of your righteousness, and you should probably leave before things get worse." She glanced up from her affected pose. "Then again," and the sting was back in Tyfu's voice, "you can't ever seem to leave well enough alone, can you? Now, what was it that happened with your brother again?"

Sure, it might not have been Aysu's fault, from what the Guard had heard, but it sure sounded as if she'd been right on the peripheral of the events that had gotten her brother summarily kicked out of the pride. Frankly, Tyfu regretted the fact that a lion who had the gumption to half-kill another over a slight was no longer around. She rather thought the somewhat infamous Yareha Afaer would have made things more interesting around here.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:27 pm
Aysu was looking pretty proud of herself, she was more sure than ever that the cubs were Shangyue's.. but there wasn't anything that Tyfu could have said or done to make her think differently. Had she gotten defensive and insisted Aysu was wrong, it would have backfired. Calmly turning it back on her, or changing the subject, didn't backfire but it didn't help her, either. The only thing that would change her mind now was if she saw the cubs for herself and they truly did not look anything like the royal family.

But she didn't worry about that possibility even a little bit.

Being told to scram was laughable, since Tyfu was the one who stopped her on an otherwise pleasant walk (selective memory) to initiate this rather interesting conversation. And trying to taunt her with Yareha's eviction from the pride was almost as funny.

"So you've done some research, then," she said, "What happened to my brother is nothing to do with me, and nothing to do with what's going on around here now."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:59 pm
Tyfu shrugged languidly. "If that's what you think, you're welcome to it," leaving the unspoken fact that she could and would hold Aysu's family against her if it suited her purposes.

"Obviously, anyone with actual guts in your family has left the pride. Leaving just those who don't mind things as they are, and those who are too nostalgic and foolish to give up hope that the "good old days" will return," the black lioness continued scornfully, beginning to walk in Aysu's direction, but on a course that would pass her, instead of going towards her face.

"Why, the only way to prove that your blood is thicker than water," Tyfu said as she came up alongside the lighter lioness, holding up a paw as if to study the limb, "is to shed it." With that, she unsheathed her claws and ran them down Aysu's flank in a sudden savage rake.

"Why look," she offered her bloodstained claws for the other lioness' perusal, "you do bleed red!" The false surprise in her voice didn't fool anyone.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:11 pm
Aysu's expression didn't change but she watched very carefully as Tyfu began to move along. She didn't get a chance to organize a rebuttal on the topic of only cowards remained in the pride of those who did not support the king, suddenly the dark guard was very close-- and then she struck, and Aysu was too stunned to react before she offered her claws. Without even a second to glance at the paw held up before her, she lunged forward with a snarl.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:18 pm
Tyfu laughed again, taking a quick step back to avoid being forced to the ground by Aysu's charge. Her opposing foreleg came up to block, and the black lioness extended the rest of her claws.

The Huntress might not be a trained fighter, but she clearly had some experience, and Tyfu appreciated that her opponent wasn't a complete failure. It seemed the night wasn't going to be a complete loss after all.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:42 pm
It wasn't the best planned attack and so Aysu wasn't particularly surprised when Tyfu, who'd already struck, was ready and quickly stepped back. But she wasn't going to stop- and when Tyfu's leg went up, Aysu reached out with her own claws to the other leg holding her up.

She didn't get into many real fights, but she wasn't completely oblivious. She was going to get hurt, but she wasn't going to let that stop her.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:46 pm
Not even a hiss of pain escaped Tyfu's mouth as the Huntress' claws sank into her other leg. She gave a mental shrug and moved the leg that had previously been a block into an attack, looking to gouge her opponent's neck.

For the first time that night, her smile reached her eyes. She genuinely looked forward to what Aysu did next.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:57 pm
Aysu wasn't watching both of Tyfu's paws, she was entirely focused on the fact that she had a hold of one of her legs- and with her claws in, she put as much strength as she could muster into getting it off the ground.. but her plan was cut somewhat short by a sharp, painful blow to her neck. Twisting painfully around, she aimed her teeth for anything within reach-- and they were practically tangled together already.  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff