Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Apology Sort Of (Chel + Evan) [FIN like my heart] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:20 pm
"He was bleeding out when I last saw him," Evan replied with grim satisfaction. "Did he mention you," he snorted, shrugging Chel off. "If we're lucky, he's dead. You should take the opportunity to get your ******** head on straight before you go making any more bad ideas."

chiickadee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:18 pm
Chel's lazy grin immediately dropped to panic and worry. "He's what?" she demanded. "What the ******** Evan, you said you'd give a halloween student a chance! You ******** promised!"

She immediately untangled herself and pushed him off her bed. She didn't even care that he had her phone. He could keep it. Read all her texts even. Right now she just wanted him out of the room.

"Go away. I don't want to talk to you anymore." She gestured to the door. "It's my room," she added childishly. "Get out."

inle-roo

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:39 pm
"It attacked us. I wasn't going to stand there and try to play nice with it just to make you feel better while it carved us up. We're all fine, by the way, thanks for asking," Evan retorted, feeling much more comfortable standing and glaring down at Chel than sitting and pretending everything was okay.

He stubbornly refused to budge as she turned into the world's biggest 5 year old. "Did you just not learn anything? Treason will get you killed. I don't want that for you, even though you don't seem to give a ******** what happens to the rest of us."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:53 pm
"HE attacked you, because you ******** can't get anything past your thick ******** skull," Chel retorted. She had no doubts that Shun had been just as much of a stubborn a** as Evan had, but she could only yell at Evan at the moment. You could only yell at so many boys at a time.

She felt conflicted that Evan had been hurt. She'd seen Shun in action- he was no doubt the more skilled fighter. That wasn't an offense to Evan, Shun was just something else. "Fine. You're stayin' then I'm leavin'," she told him, standing up from the bed and scooting to her closet where she haphazardly shoved some flip flops onto her feet. Yes she was still in her pajamas which was nothing more than a pair of shorts and a tank top, but no she did not care. "Report me for treason I don't give a s**t 'bout this petty argument anymore." Or her life, for the folks keeping track at home.

Chel then marched towards the door, grabbed her hunter's coat and threw over her shoulder, intent on heading straight to the golem bay. Her hand instinctively went to her pocket as she was going to text someone, only to realize Evan had it, which made her stick her tongue out at him. "At least I can say I didn't go sneakin' around my promises!"

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:30 pm
"Because that's what really matters here? It attacked us because it's a ******** monster and that's what it does!" Evan tracked Chel's movement as she got her coat, but he didn't move until she went for the door, and then it was only to put himself in front of it. He wasn't done with her yet--even though he knew it wouldn't solve anything--and he wasn't about to let her run away just because she didn't like hearing what he had to say.

"I don't want to report you for treason. I want you to grow the ******** up and see, all by yourself, that what you're doing is dangerous to yourself and to everyone around you. You think those monsters care as much about you? What happens when they go after you? What happens when they go after me, or that cousin that you said you came here to protect?" It was a low blow, maybe, but Evan was tired of pulling his punches.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:52 pm
There was no hesitation as Chel said, "Then I hope your precious academy covers your asses." It was a cold implication, but she'd grown tired of Evan threatening and killing her. "'Cause I cover my own a** and nobody elses."

So many arguments rattled around in her head, nitpicking everything he said. Like the weird racism correlation she was connecting. Or the irksome way Evan said, they, as though Halloween was one mass that acted in the same way. Deus Ex Machina was evidence enough that even when united under a cause, no individuals were the same. The fact that Evan kept avoiding acknowledging the fact that he'd failed her in nearly every way.

All thoughts cleared to a realization. "I've just ... Too many chances Evan. We're not going to make this work." There was a sore feeling in her chest, one that she avoided at all costs. "Stop ... stop checkin' up on me." She looked him hard in the eyes, unafraid and prideful. "Now I mean it. Get out or move aside."

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:18 pm
"Clearly," Evan replied after a moment of stunned silence. Clearly the monsters were more important to her than her flesh and blood family, than he was, than anything but her own stupid, selfish desire to have things her own way. Clearly nothing he said was getting through to her. Clearly he was just wasting his time and energy offering his help to someone who was stubbornly determined not to take it.

Clearly. He wasn't surprised when Chel asked him to stop coming around. He wanted to feel relieved, as shameful as that would have been, to feel okay with washing his hands of her and her obvious desire to get herself killed. Mostly he just felt sadness and a familiar sense of failure. She was probably going to die on his watch, too.

Evan didn't shy away from Chel's daring gaze, but he was the first to break it with a nod and a soft sigh. "Sorry we couldn't work things out," he said with genuine regret as he stepped aside to let her pass. "I'll miss you." Just barely, he caught himself before adding when you're gone.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:06 pm
Chel held her head high. She marched all the way to the life labs (a place she knew Evan wouldn't follow).

She then found an empty lab, locked the door and broke down.

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas