Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] First rule: Cardio (Finn/Oliver) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:01 pm
Finn really shouldn't have been as annoyed as he was. He knew that taking Oliver out to jog like this, building up his endurance and his core strength, was going to take time and work.

But still, not even a single lap? Finn was dismayed, but none of that registered on the flat expression on his face.

"I'll tell you what. You wait here, and relax, and I'll continue on and pick you up again on my second lap around."

It sounded like, for a moment, he was actually going to be nice and offer the young man a break.

But then, "Or, you could grow a ******** pair, and get moving."

It sounded an awful lot like Finn would prefer it if Oliver chose that option instead of the former.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:35 pm
Oliver took a heavy breath, and it looked like he was considering the easy 'wimp out' option. But then he straightened up. "I-I'll keep going," he said.

Where many hunters would be offended at such an attack on their pride, dignity had nothing to do with Oliver's consideration. Finn was going through such lengths to help him get stronger, and he could only believe the process was harder on the Moon intermediate than it was on himself. It had to be, Finn rarely tolerated weakness.

In a way, Oliver took the coarse words as encouragement rather than an insult. It was like saying 'you can do better than this'. So if Finn was willing to help him, he would be willing to push himself literally half to death.

Seussi

Grey Dragon

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:13 pm
"Good choice." Finn muttered, stepping out of the way as Oliver got his feet back under himself, struggling his way out of the bushes. "Come on, we can take it a bit easier this last stretch." Because it was probably Finn's fault for speeding up, anyways.

Starting out again, Finn was good to his word, and kept the pace to about half the speed that he had been going at before.

"Do you know what? Trynt is completely silent sometimes." The words came out of nowhere, as Finn gave Oliver a sidelong glance, turning his head just slightly to see him better.

"Like when I'm ******** somebodies brains out. He seems to retreat into some dark, quiet place in my mind. Like he's hiding." Finn was smiling again.

It wasn't a very nice looking smile.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:49 pm
The slower pace was good, Oliver somehow managed to stumble along even though his legs felt like lead under him. He was already looking forward to collapsing, even at the risk of Finn literally throwing him into the showers once again. Each little scrap of kindness tossed his way convinced him more thoroughly that Finn was a nice person deep down inside. Somewhere. Really deep.

He perked up when Finn volunteered information about his weapon, seemingly out of the blue. And then he nearly tripped over his feet yet again.

"Uh..." Oliver was already beginning to turn red. And not from the exertion. "How do you... even have the energy for that?" He asked, muttering and blushing, and almost hoping Finn decided not to answer. There was no way he could actually look at Finn to find out.

Seussi

Grey Dragon

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:02 pm
"Oh I always have the energy, Princess." Oliver's sudden blushing was exactly what Finn had been going for, the slight stumble in his step just the perfect added touch.

"Care to stop by sometime and I can demonstrate? Build up enough endurance and anything is possible~"

He was a horrible person.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:12 pm
That little hidden spark of kindness was forgotten in light of Oliver's embarrassment.

"Um... I d-don't... ah..." The young trainee didn't have a reply for that. He didn't even have words for that. By the time he found his tongue, his cheeks were a bright red. "I-I'm sure uh... y-you would rather have some, uh, privacy for that..."

Oliver decided now was a good time to better examine the foliage next to the path as they kept going.

Seussi

Grey Dragon

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:16 pm
"W-what?" Finn actually laughed, not sure he was completely understanding what Oliver was trying to say. "Do you think I'm inviting you over to watch me have sex with somebody else?"

He was definitely amused.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:41 pm
"What else would you mean?" Oliver blurted out. He was in well over his head by this point, no use pretending it would go away if he just skirted around it. That was indeed what he had believed when Finn spoke of a 'demonstration', and it was most definitely not something he needed to be present for.

Wait... WAS Finn really inviting him over for something? Nope, Oliver couldn't even imagine taking him up on that offer even if it wasn't just a joke.

Seussi

Grey Dragon

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:56 pm
"Princess...you really are something." Was all Finn could say in response, still chuckling to himself as they rounded the final corner.

"And done." He came to a stop, jogging in place. "If you want to leave now, you can." He rolled his shoulders, expecting as much from the little marshmallow of a man.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:08 pm
Ah, finally the lap was done. Oliver wanted nothing more than to collapse onto the ground in a boneless heap but he knew that would be worse for him in the long run.

"I, uh... I don't think I could survive another lap," he admitted sheepishly, staring at the ground with a lingering blush on his cheeks. He certainly didn't want to fall into the bushes again. "Um, I should walk for a bit now, right?"

Seussi

Grey Dragon

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:57 pm
"Yes." Finn nodded, approving of what seemed to be some bit of exercise knowledge on Oliver's part. "Walk around for at least two minutes before you go back inside. It'll keep keep your blood flowing, promote tissue repair, blah blah." He shrugged his shoulders, realizing that a lot of this advice might be completely moot giving that their weapons helped them recover quite quickly. Still, it was a good habit to get into.

"See you again tomorrow morning, Princess. Maybe we can discuss that demonstration a little more." Finn grinned, and then turned and jogged away.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:04 am
Oliver nodded, he could walk back to his dorm room and by then he could simply crash on the bed. Logic said showering would be good, maybe he could get around to that as long as he didn't stop moving...

Then Finn's words sank in. Oliver opened his mouth as if to say something, and promptly closed it, a renewed blush on his cheeks. With more haste than was necessary, he turned around to head back to the dorms.

Seussi

Grey Dragon

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas