Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:43 pm
User Image

Shortly after Ota and Kamia had spoken to Caritas and convinced her to keep a secret, they set off for the borders-- but it was a challenge not to rush and draw attention to themselves. So they had split up. Ota had taken a shorter path separated from Kamia and Caritas, but she had another purpose. They would do no good ambushing Meshach and his rebels, especially if they would already be on edge from the impending birth. It would be easier to hide behind Kamia, who seemed to be related to everybody and had that going for her.. but Ota had a better grasp on the situation and needed to put herself out there.

Once she made it to the borders, she relaxed and walked more openly. Her bright white fur shining in the dim moonlight, it would be hard to miss her approach-- and she felt it was better that way. She did not want to sneak up on Meshach.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:10 pm
Ecavi

User Image

He was home. It had been an exciting trip with several unexpected twists and turns. The trio had taken their time returning; quiet a bit longer than that bird had had them traveling at. Meshach had seen the lionesses settled comfortably in a well hidden den. The male had then gone to spend the late afternoon alone traversing the familiar grounds. Familiar from so much time outside the pride. He gazed longingly toward were the center of the pride was. Runa should be having her cubs within the safety of the pride. Not out here protected by only a couple of lions. Undoubtedly, he and her sister would do anything to protect her. It shouldn't have been this way. She should have been relaxing, tended, and always protected. Nevermind that he knew she was fully capable of taking care of herself.

Meshach had done his best not to worry about what it would mean for them, and especially, what it would mean for the cubs. There was no midwife out here to call the Great Lion's attention to the cubs. That bothered and worried him, but there was nothing he could do about it. Oh he could waltz into the pride and ask for a midwife though the outcome would probably be less than desirable. He very much doubted Shangyue would welcome his presence back into the pride.

That was his other worry. What had been happening within the pride while he had been out of touch? Meshach dreaded trying to find one of the lions loyal to him to get the information. There wasn't much choice there either. He had to know. He hoped it was good news if anything. The male shook his head slowly to clear his thoughts. It was night and he was out scouting. A bright shape in a relatively dark world caught his attention. He froze as he tried to make out what it was. A white lioness. Meshach crouched low to avoid being detected. He could tell she wasn't trying to hide and wondered what she was doing out here. It wasn't anyone he recognized immediately.

magnadearel

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:34 pm
The closer she got to the rebel den, she slower Ota moved along. She clearly knew the approximate location of her target, but it was quiet and she didn't doubt it was well hidden. Especially considering the situation they were in at the moment. Her biggest problem now would be actually finding one of the lions, preferably Meshach.

Eventually she came to a stand still, looking around intently for any sign of any of the purple lions she was looking for. It would be a disappointing evening if they came all this way with a midwife only to find nothing.

It might have been in her head, but she had the feeling that she was being watched-- and that gave her hope. It was just unlucky for her that Meshach blended into the night better than she did.. and that she knew better than to call out, even though she was sure they were safe right now.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:31 pm
Ecavi

Meshach found himself baffled and yet concerned by the lioness' actions. She wasn't doing anything. Just walking slower and slower. He frowned in thought as he kept still though his tail wanted to lash back and forth. Most unusual. What could she want out here? That wasn't a destination? The obvious answer: him. But if you were hunting someone you didn't come openly. Finally he gave it up as a lost cause. He would have to confront her.

Deciding how to start he braced himself and let out a low growl. Meshach tried to keep his voice rough as he spoke low, hoping she wouldn't recognize him if she knew him somehow. "What are you doing out here?"

magnadearel

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:36 pm
Ota nearly jumped out of her fur at the sudden growl- and she twirled around to face the direction it came from. And she was just in time to be facing Meshach when he spoke, though before her all she could really see yet was darkness. Her ears twitched a moment and then she smiled.

"Meshach?" she called back quietly, tilting her head.

Well, this was about how she ought to have expected their first meeting to go. The only problem was that ideally she would have approached in the daytime, though he might have found that just as suspicious since Shangyue's guards and a few regular guards were really the only active pride members in daylight now.

"My name is Ota," she went on, trying to make it easier, "I'm not a threat, you can come out and talk to me."

He probably wouldn't believe her.. but unless he never healed properly or wasn't eating well lately, he would have no problem taking her if it came down to a fight.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:24 pm
Ecavi

He was startled, and disturbed, when she placed his name right off the bat. It jangled his nerves in an unsettling way. How could he be sure she wasn't a threat? Meshach took careful stock of his surroundings. There was no one else in the vicinity. Unless they were better at hiding than he was detecting.

"Why should I do that?" He debated moving his position in case another was homing in on his voice while she talked to him. Meshach slunk slowly through the bush to avoid making undo noise. He wasn't going to show himself until he was absolutely sure. And the first thing to do was identify this lioness.

As he settled himself in a new location a fair distance from where he'd spoken he allowed himself to think. Ota. The name wasn't one he thought he was familiar with. Which mean she was of a lower class. Was she unhappy with Shangyue and looking to join the rebels?

magnadearel

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:47 pm
She had some sense that he was changing his location but she opted not to shift her gaze, she wouldn't be able to look right at him again and she suspected he didn't intend to talk until she said something to prove her case. With a deep breath, she began.

"I think you'll find I can be a very useful friend," she started, allowing herself one such arrogant remark with a smile, though it felt very silly speaking to the darkness. She didn't know where else to begin.

"I know a great deal about what's going on out here," she went on carefully, "I know that you are not alone, that two lionesses have joined you. In fact, I bet Runa would recognize me better than you. We are both from the lower-middle class, after all. I also know that you've been out here biding your time from the moment you failed to stop Shangyue's coronation."

Her smile changed ever so slightly.

"Except for the little bird that took you away to help you find something you thought you lost."

Finally, she turned her eyes, now better adjusted to her dim surroundings, to exactly where Meshach was hiding.

"We also have the same goal, though I can still live quietly within the pride while it would not be wise for you to do so," she said, finally catching up to her point and coming to the end of what felt like a very long monologue, "We always intended to meet you, but I suppose there is a lot that I can't predict. Some things are moving more quickly than I expected, some things more slowly. I never expected to our meeting to be like this, but I know that tonight is very important. And I've brought help."

magnadearel

(( This is the most Ota has ever said at once omg xD ))  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:18 pm
Ecavi
Lol its for a good cause. <3

Meshach was of course initially skeptical. Sure she said she could be very useful, but he wasn't sure. Who was she useful to? Him or Shangyue? The purple lion kept quiet and kept his skepticism to himself. He listened as she talked.

She knew quite a bit in fact. Including who he traveled with. Where did she get her information? he wondered. And he would definitely check with Runa if she knew Ota. The lioness confirmed his guess that she was of the lower class. Not many knew he was out here, he hoped, but a few did. He wondered if someone had told her in the hopes she would join too.

Though no one but him and lionesses knew about the bird. That struck him as very odd. There was more going on here than he could see. Meshach finally rose up out of his hiding spot. It hadn't escaped his notice that she'd looked right where he was hiding before he stood, and after he'd moved from where he'd spoken. Definitely something odd!

He paced forward so they could talk in lower voices. His eyes regarded her warily and with a bit of respect. "Alright talk. How do you know that stuff?" He had another purpose for getting close. Not one that he liked to consider. If she proved dangerous to him or the lionesses he would have to dispose of her now.

magnadearel

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:33 pm
"I'm a seer," Ota answered simply, using the term she was familiar with though she guessed that he would not be since it wasn't really something that came up much in the pride, especially since they mostly ignored living deities. She smiled at him, but would not sit down or get comfortable just yet. She knew he was still wary, and he had every reason to be.

"I have visions of the past, present, and most interesting.. the future," she explained confidently, "I have some control over it, but what I see is often hard to interpret. Sometimes it can be quite easy."

Keeping track of Meshach and his little rebellion had been quite easy, in fact, because it was so near and so obvious once you realized who you were seeing and when.

"And before you ask," she added, "No, I can't see Shangyue's end. But what I have seen makes me hopeful that we can succeed."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:29 pm
Ecavi

He had never come across that term before to his knowledge. Meshach bided his time. He was becoming very good at that. His ears swiveled constantly to keep track of things going on around him. Now that he'd exposed himself he felt vulnerable. It made the fur want to stand up along his back. Who knew what was out there in the night.

Was she saying what he thought she was saying? It didn't make any sense. "How are you doing that?" How or where did she get this power?

He shook his head baffled. "His end? I don't wish for his end; only to see a murderer off the throne. It would please me if he was left alive in the end." Meshach frowned slightly at her cryptic remark. Mystic stuff was for the Shaman or priests. Not lions like them. This whole encounter had done nothing but give him chills so far.

magnadearel

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:03 am
She blinked, then she smiled. He didn't want the real answer to the reason she had a power like this, and she wasn't going to give it to him. In truth, she and Kamia only had guesses but considering the talent and secret they each shares, it was a good guess.

"I'm not sure where it comes from but it's not unique, if you're thinking maybe I'm just crazy," she offered, "Though I suppose it could be a shared delusion, I don't think so. Kamia is also a seer, Runa should know her name as well."

She was interested to hear that Meshach didn't seek to kill Shangyue, though his comment came from a misunderstanding of her comment. It said a lot about him that he would not end Shangyue's life with his reign if he had the chance.

"You are a better lion than him."

With a sigh, Ota looked up at the sky and then around them, wondering how far behind Kamia and Caritas were now. It would be better to have reached a truce with Meshach, at least, before they arrived.

"I don't expect you to trust me completely, not yet," she said, looking back to Meshach, "But I came here with a purpose. I have a companion on her way here, with her she is bringing a midwife. Your cousin, Caritas. She has agreed to keep a secret, though we have not told her where we are bringing her. If you would like a witness for the birth of your cubs, she is your only option."

She skipped right over the fact that she knew they were coming tonight.

"If you don't, I will leave and take them back home with me."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:24 am
Ecavi

It hadn't occurred to him that she might be crazy. Though the fact she brought it up argued in her favor that she wasn't. It was one of those things he couldn't explain and was simply going to have to chalk it up to the Great Lion. So many names he would have to check with Runa on. It felt silly not to know them, though he realized why.

Surprised showed on his face at her compliment. He hadn't expected praise for what he was doing. Meshach dipped his head briefly to her.

"That's good of you. I'm not sure you could even if you had all night." The surprises she had in store for him was nothing until now. No one could have known Runa was pregnant. They themselves had only discovered that on the trip back. Now he was more convinced about her authenticity. And touched that she would think about these cubs as pride members though they weren't technically of the pride. While he had accepted the fact his cubs would be born without a midwife he had secretly desired it. Now here it was. He closed his eyes and sent a silent thanks to the Great Lion for this gift.

"No. Thank you for coming out here and bringing a midwife. I know a place for you to hide while I go talk to Runa. If she says you are who you say you are, I'll return for you." He trusted her, to a point. Meshach was going to check their credentials before leading them too close. It amused him that it was a cousin of his that was the midwife.

magnadearel

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:32 am
"Show me, then I will go meet Kamia and Caritas and bring them to it," she said with a smile, relieved even though she refused to show it. She expected the little rebel family would move shortly after this night, but guessed it would have as much to do with the cubs as the fact they had been discovered. Perhaps this was the best time to begin building the relationship between the external and internal rebels.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:50 pm
Ecavi
Fin?

Satisfied for the moment Meshach turned to lead the way. Already he was planning where to take her. "Oh they are coming already? Well I guess that's good." The more lions they gathered the easier it would be to find them. He would have to ask Runa about moving further out from the pride if the trio decided to stay. The purple male headed off into the night, glancing over his shoulder to be sure Ota was following.  

magnadearel

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff