Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[DUEL] Trying Again (Kitwana x Phosphor)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
SilverLutz rolled 5 4-sided dice: 3, 4, 2, 1, 3 Total: 13 (5-20)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:09 pm
User Image Kitwana stood, once again, at the border of the Stormborn lands and the rouge lands. He had been handed a very sound defeat not too long ago here, but now he was ready to try again. His wounds had healed even if his pride hadn't, and he was hoping for Phosphor to return to his call. He wanted to prove to him that he was worthy of this pride and to call himself a Freeborn.

He roared out his challenge once again, standing tall and proud on the border. This time he wouldn't go in cocky, he'd go in cautious. Phosphor, if he showed up, was a powerful lion who wasn't to be toyed with. Perhaps this time he could show him that he did have the finesse as well as power needed to join the pride.  
SilverLutz rolled 5 4-sided dice: 4, 3, 3, 4, 3 Total: 17 (5-20)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:11 pm
User Image A familiar roar made Phosphor lift his head from the meal his Thrall had brought him, and he chuckled just a bit. "Oh...Asmoday...do you hear that?" he murmured to no one in particular. Had anyone been around, they probably would have thought he was talking to the dead animal before him. Licking his muzzle clean, he lifted himself from the ground and made his way from his den to the border of the pride. It took about five minutes to walk there, and he hoped that when he arrived the challenge hadn't been met. He was in luck, and sure enough, there stood Kitwana.

"Ah, Kitwana! I'm so glad to see you!" he said, his tone earnest. "Welcome, welcome, are you ready to try again?  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:40 pm
(Turn 1, 3)

Phosphor's approach was long in coming, but Kitwana was ready for him when he arrived. He nodded in a proper greeting and let out a little breath, trying to ready himself. He'd lost pretty badly last time, but not today!

"I was hoping you'd be the one to answer the challenge. I want to prove I'm not a failure." With that he moved forward, teeth bared as if to bite, but at the last minute ducked aside and swiped at Phosphor's face.

(Turn 1, 4)

"Oh! I'm glad to hear that," Phosphor said with a smile. "You do have the spirit of a Stormborn, let's see if you've got the fight to be one as well!" He let the attack come, waiting and watching, and was pleased with the way Kitwana changed his attack. He did dodge it, but only barely, and swung his paw around to rake his claws over Kitwana's rump. "Better, much better!" he said happily, swinging around to face the other lion.

(Turn 2, 4)

The swat to his rump made Kitwana snarl and turn around sharply, just in time to catch Phosphor off guard. His heart leapt into his throat as he darted forward, raising a paw to strike the other male. This time he had him for sure! Bringing it down, his claws raked through Phosphor's mane, making a bit of contact with his neck. Amazing, his first hit landed on the other male! Even if he lost today, he knew he had improved.

(Turn 2, 3)

Phosphor gave a surprised 'ah!' as he turned to find Kitwana right in his face. He ducked, but there wasn't enough time, and he felt the other's claws catch on his neck. He bounded backwards in surprise, as he wasn't used to being hit. "Oh! You got me!" he said with a surprised laugh, although now there was a bit of fire in his eyes. Now it was a fight! He lowered his head after that, no longer talking and remaining standing. Now he could truly test this male and see if he was worthy to enter.

(Turn 3, 2)
The confidence the hit gave him put Kitwana through the metaphorical roof. He bounded forward, no longer being cautious, and made to strike at Phosphor's head again. He realized his mistake as he moved, though, his belly now exposed as he reared up on his hind legs. No...this was not going to go in his favor at all.

(Turn 3, 3)

Kitwana's thoughts were right. Phosphor was being extra cautious this time, and when the other male lifted off the ground, he darted forward. Rather than slicing or biting at the vulnerable area, he drove his shoulder into Kitwana's stomach, tossing him back and out of the way. His tail lashed in delight as his attacker was tossed aside, and he lifted his head to eye the other male. "Careful now, let's not get too cocky."

(Turn 4, 1)
Kitwana felt the wind leave his lungs as Phosphor's shoulder was driven into his stomach. He landed on all fours a few paces away and, blinded with frustration and anger at himself for being so stupid, he threw himself into an attack. He didn't even plan this one out, just moving towards Phosphor in a blur of fur and snarls.

(Turn 4, 4)

The advancing ball of anger made Phosphor sigh. Ah, he'd been so close! But this lack of control wasn't something they wanted in their pride. He simply side stepped the lion and reached out to trip him, sending the male tumbling to the dust, landing among the rocks. "You have gotten much better, but your'e still lacking a certain...calm," he said as the dust settled, letting him observe Kitwana. "But you did very well this time, up until the end."

(Turn 5, 3)

From his spot on the ground Kitwana wished a hole would open up and he'd fall through it. This was so embarrassing...to lose a third time! He picked himself up and turned to face Phosphor, a grim look on his face. "I will return, and I will win," he said seriously. "You'll see. I'm not like that...I was just excited and frustrated." He turned away after that, knowing that giving excuses was just as bad as what he had done a moment ago.

(Turn 5, 3)

"Of course!" Phosphor said, bobbing his head. "Come back in five moons time and I'll be waiting for you so you can prove that you're not as hot-headed as you claim. You can do it! Just practice being calm!" he called after Kitwana as the male left. He sighed softly and shook his head, turning to head back to his meal that Ashta had so kindly brought to him.

FIN
WC: ~1050  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces