Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply Roleplay (dice)
Mummy's Mask: Monkey Mayhem Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:03 am
MT the Clown
"Sorry, can't take you with us. Head on back now.

The donkey lets out a vapid snort, because it's a donkey and doesn't know English. razz

MT the Clown
Anyways Xessus, we couldn't have known about the condition of the previous piton. Rather than hammering in a new one, we can just reuse this one. What's bothering me was what happened to the original owner of the deteriorated rope."

"I was going to recommend hitting it with a hammer instead of your foot. Is your foot alright? That sounded like it hurt. As for the owner, they either died, or left with the intention of coming back and didn't. I am more curious about how the person came in without moving the stone wheel. Perhaps they did, and someone moved it back?" Xessus begins drifting off in his own thoughts, muttering things in Samsaran to himself.

MT the Clown
"Let me go first, I don't need like light to see."

Snapping out of his thoughts, Xessus says "Remember to try and die as loudly as possible if there is anything down there." Staring at the tiefling for an awkwardly long time, he takes the rope and begins to secure it to the piton. It's not entirely sure if he's joking or serious, and he goes back to muttering to himself in Samsaran.

MT the Clown
((If Lucifer looks down the hole, what can he see before he's lowered down?))

He can't see the bottom, so that means that it's at least greater than 60' down from where he's looking. But the others can see it in dim light, so there's that going for them. So it's somewhere between 60' and 80' down by the transitive property of maths.
Outside of that, since he can't see the floor, he can't see anything that'd be on the floor without first being lowered in... which I'm pretty sure I had already mentioned like, 2 posts ago when I mentioned that people with low light vision could see the bottom and Lucifer couldn't with only darkvision...

Regardless, there's also the question of how much rope you're using, as your sheet says you have only 50' of hemp rope.
And you're going down a 60' shaft. And possibly want to knot the rope so it's easier to climb, which would cut down on the rope's effective length as well...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:46 pm
"Xessus, may I please borrow your pitons and the hammer. Can't see the bottom means it is deep... Does anyone have some rope I can splice together and knot?"  

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:53 pm
MT the Clown
"Xessus, may I please borrow your pitons and the hammer. Can't see the bottom means it is deep... Does anyone have some rope I can splice together and knot?"

Xessus fetches some rope and his hammer from his pack and gives it to Dimitri, but adds "I do not have pitons. Should I go and buy some?"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:00 am
Quote:
"I do not have pitons. Should I go and buy some?"

"Don't worry 'bout it, I got a few." Cypher takes off his backpack and rummages around until he pulls out the bundle of pitons, that are wrapped up in his tent to soften their sound. "Is two fine?"  

Campanula_Monkshoof

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:03 am
Clicking his teeth, Lucifer shrugs, "I should be fine. Worst-comes-to-worst, just place the pitons in a bag and toss it down to me and pray I am still alive to use them." Sitting down on the ground, Lucifer begins carefully knotting the two ropes together while creating some climbing knots at regular intervals.

Stepping on each interval and giving the knots a hard pull and taking extra care to stress-test the merged area, Lucifer nods before tossing the whole thing over the side and begins his decent.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:28 am
There's a flop as the other end of the knotted rope hits the ground. scootching down around 45' or so, Lucifer clears the shaft and looks around in the new room.

Dimitri knows what he sees.  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
MT the Clown rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:36 am
Kneeling down besides the corpse carefully examines it for cause of death before determining his next course of actions.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:17 am
Sage fidgets uncomfortably for the several minutes of waiting, only to hear silence from the bottom of the hole. Leaning over, he stage whispers down it. "Luce? You okay?"  

Little Green Soldier
Vice Captain

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:48 pm
MT the Clown
Kneeling down besides the corpse carefully examines it for cause of death before determining his next course of actions.

Lucifer knows what he knows.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:00 pm
Deciding to do the responsible thing first before anything else, "All clear! There's just a corpse down here!"

Kneeling down and taking as much care as possible, Lucifer his holy text on the corpse and begins praying.  

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Quote:
Mirrored images of a warrior in side profile, facing inward, are carved on an ornate pair of stone doors in the west wall of this square room. The figure is depicted wearing padded armor, with a scarab-shaped shield on the arm facing the viewer, and a raised khopesh held aloft in the other.
A crumpled humanoid body lies directly in front of the doors. A hint of decay hangs in the air, and a dried stain mars the stone floor under the body, and a few stains on the stone leading away from the shaft. There is a broken length of rope along with some gear near the body that has stayed down here through the ages.

Xessus looks at the body, and leaves a sack for Lucifer to use, if so inclined.

The Samsaran looks around and his pupil-less eyes stop on the doors, which he tests. They grind a bit, but he pushes it about half an inch displaced and says "Oh, good. The doors are not locked, just heavy. Someone that knows traps should probably walk ahead. Or someone that is better at dodging arrows. Either one, really."  
Campanula_Monkshoof rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:18 am
Cypher sighs inwardly and steps up, "Doesn't look like the guy got away with anything... guess he was betrayed by his cohorts. Oh well, guess I'm taking point then.I'm probably the most suitable one either way."
((Gonna go ahead and roll a perception check just to make sure the door is safe. Edit: 21(17+4).))  

Campanula_Monkshoof

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:58 pm
Done with his praying, Lucifer carefully rolls up his texts and stows them away before he reaches over to the corpse's bag and carefully begins to scavenge it for usual supplies.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:58 am
Sage looks thoughtful. "If there were other people down here, and they left, why did they close everything back up but leave their rope behind?"  

Little Green Soldier
Vice Captain

Campanula_Monkshoof rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Campanula_Monkshoof

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:06 pm
"I'm not sure but the best we can hope is that they didn't get very far into the tomb. Everyone ready to head to the next room? The door is clear of traps." He put his hands on it and began pushing. (Strength:10(7+3)  
Roleplay (dice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff