Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:24 pm
User ImageThe pride had been . . . exploding . . . in size since Phaeton and her brood were born to her mother - and she had been there since the start of it all, bright orange eyes watching as cubs and adults passed by - both as thralls and freeborns borne to the pride thereafter.

Today, she had been watching a pair of lions looming around the pride lands - they smelt of a dusty scent of the roguelands. They would lose that smell after a while, but for now, they were still new to the pride - and new to her. Slinking off the high perch she had found herself on, (her mother had worried that her and her brother would fall to their deaths one day,) she wandered up closer to them, brown tipped ears curling forward - a curiousity showing through, before sitting roughly in her spot.

"Hello." She said, a little flatly, but it was obvious that she was invested. "Are you new to the pride? Permanent guests? I have not seen you before."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:35 pm
User Image

"Urk!"

"It's okay, Momma."

Red eyes glanced to white ones. Gulp. The tan-chested one nudged the red-chested one. They turned to face the voice.

Meekly, Chayah nodded, claw marks from a swipe still fresh on her face. They weren't deep, they'd heal quickly, as would the few on her haunches. Likely they hadn't meant to truly hurt her, more probable to make a point. She'd tried to protect Kifuani, but didn't do too good of a job, she supposed. Since being whisked into the pride, they hadn't been spoken to much. Her daughter was the only thing keeping her the least bit strong. She looked to Kifu.

Kifuani nodded as well. "I'd say a little more permanent guests, but not by our choosing." She forced a smile, and looked at her mother before sighing a little.

"I'm Kifuani, this is my mother, Chayah. We have some family here, however." Her mother had seen her in a vision.

"We're, uh..." She pursed her mouth, thinking. What had they called them...? "Thralls." She wondered about the lioness' position, but figured it might be rude in this pride to ask.

Nerpin

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:57 pm
It was obvious from the start that they had been Thralls, to be honest. Phaeton knew the signs and always could tell when a Thrall was being made a lesson by her captor. A frown set on her face for a moment as she looked the lioness over, before turning to the smaller one - her daughter - talking to her, the long, greyed tail swishing behind the Freeborn.

"Thralls. Not the life that one expects, I'm sure." She answered, tilting her had to the side, going to try and close the gap between them a bit more. Phaeton knew nothing of personal bubbles, really, but she tried to keep a boundary. "Looks like she had a bit of an out with her captor. Have you not looked for a healer?" She questioned, the flatness of her voice staying. She had . . . issues explaining emotion.

"Regardless, Kifuani, Chayah, a pleasure to meet you. I am Phaeton - of Shetani and a trivial deity. I would like to see you find a home here, even with your . . ." A pause, "Discrepancies. Have you a home yet?"

She gave them a serious look, one that said I am curious about your future as a pride member.

Puhterodactyl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:37 am
User Image

Kifuani glanced at her mother, questioning look in her eyes, as Phaeton approached the pair.

Chayah cast her eyes to the ground as the Freeborn came closer. "We, uh..."

"We didn't know Thralls were entitled to healing."

The mother flicked her eyes back up to Phaeton. "I'm, uh, I'm the daughter of a god, too."
She just didn't know they were half-sisters. She shook her head.
"Not yet, we haven't."

Kifuani shifted her weight. She had a sort of arrangement with another thrall, but her mother didn't know about that.

Nerpin

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:22 pm
"Strange creatures, aren't they? Using immortality to flitter around and bother mortals." She answered, tilting her head side by side, reacting to the mother's statement, before going to walk up to her, looking the wounds over. "Do you have any strange visions? It seems common for us god-blooded." She murmured out loud, before shaking her head.

"It would be ridiculous for Freeborns to be forced to withhold healing. Such an action would be cruel. We shall all die one day, but it is wrong to die in your sleep." She murmured, her face showing bold as she sat down roughly.

Turning to the daughter, she gave her a little smile, before shaking her head. "It would take no time to at least patch this up. She would need rest, obviously." She stated, with her muted voice, turning to her home's general direction.

"You're welcome to rest near me, while you get your paws on the ground."

Puhterodactyl

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces