Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The ground around her had been worn down, and still her forepaws clawed at the ground methodically. The princess was doing her best to seem calm, but it was pretty obvious that something was bothering her. She knew that everything around her had shifted, and it was hard for her to decide on what to do. So she continued to fret, worried for her safety and the safety of her family....but never able to take action. The thought of Shangyue even giving her a second look terrified her.

So she remained, hoping that one day, everything would just fix itself. She wasn't a dumb lioness, but she really didn't know how to handle change.

Part of her hoped that someone would come talk to her, someone that wasn't going to scare her with stories of Shangyue. Her bright blue eyes watched as other lions walked by, silently hoping that one of them would notice her and talk to her. She knew that she had power to make someone talk to her, to a point, but seeing how Shangyue used his frightened her into submission.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:52 pm
Safaia

User Image

Things had been thrown into a right chaotic fit of late. Nko hadn't been sure how to handle the accusations of murder among the high born. Plus she had had that last litter to worry about. Her nose wrinkled at the thought of her slave cubs. It had been embarrassing! It was best not to think about it. Those cubs were adults now and didn't need her. Nko had thrown herself into her duties as a guard, and her special duties of rogue guard. That thought made her puff up her chest.

As she walked she noticed a lioness standing on the path. Looking at all the lions who passed as if hoping for something. Nko thought she recognized the colors and markings. She slowed her steps so she wouldn't pass too quickly and wrinkled her brow in thought. The lioness had tried to make it a habit to know all the high born lions of the pride. Now that Alceme was dead she needed someone new to rub elbows with. Finally it came to her, Nebesa was a daughter of Thoth and Khathelela, which meant she was a princess.

Nko opened her eyes wide as if suddenly surprised to see Nebesa there and hurried over. "My dear! Are you alright?"

magnadearel

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:52 pm
"Ah...." Well, someone arrived, at last. Nebesa recognized her, though she shamefully didn't know that many of the pride members. She knew her family really well, but it didn't go out much past that. At least she would have known if she was low class or not, and Nebesa was certain that she wasn't.

One less thing to worry about.

"Well...no..." How was she to open up conversation about the King without exposing her fears? Sometimes she thought that Shangyue was just waiting for the right moment to snap her.

"I'm nervous. There's just so much going on," she said carefully, wondering where the warm-coloured lioness would go with her open ended statement.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:18 pm
Safaia

Judging by her welcome, Nko thought Nebesa wasn't waiting for anyone in particular. Which was good that she wouldn't be shooed along. The lioness nodded with sympathy. Indeed there had been! Enough had happened that probably every member was nervous to a point.

"Why don't we move off the path and find somewhere quite? Alceme use to talk to me a lot, and I would be more than happy to lend my ear to you as well." Nko swished her tail hopefully. Maybe not quite the truth, but she did talk to Alceme occasionally. She nodded to the lioness that she should find a spot where she'd be comfortable. The others didn't have to know what they were talking about; only that Nebesa was talking to her.

magnadearel

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:24 pm
"O-oh! Really?" Alcmene....Nebesa had only heard stories, but she had wished she could have met her before. She nodded with Nko's suggestion, agreeing. "Yes, that would be best."

She walked slowly towards the marked spot, doing her best to not look around. Acting as normal as possible was always best, but it was still hard to let all her barriers down.

"I'm just...scared," she whispered. "I feel like I know what's going on, but I don't at the same time." She knew that she wasn't the top rank to the throne, but she was high up enough that she posed some sort of threat to Shangyue.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:12 pm
Safaia

Nko was pleased when Nebesa readily agreed. She moseyed along behind. Not trying to rush, but simply enjoying a pleasant walk with another lioness. The rusty lioness took a moment to settle herself in the grass and look around the area surrounding them as if enjoying the night. Oh she was totally eating this up. Too bad there wasn't anyone really around to see her with Nebesa.

"It's a hard time," Nko said softly and comfortingly. "There are plenty of reasons to be afraid." She crossed a paw other her leg and relaxed back. "Why don't you tell me what you feel like you know?"

magnadearel

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:09 pm
Nebesa did her best to act calm, even trying to laugh a bit as she walked with Nko. It seemed that there wasn't much in the way of royal guards lingering around, and she hoped that no one would think twice about her talking with Nko.

She settled herself down near Nko, taking a moment to calm her nerves.

"I'm not sure if I really know anything. I just know that Shangyue's pulling too many strings. I'm scared mine will get yanked at some point." She should have run and never looked back, as impossible as it felt to leave her home. She'd be safer...somewhere out there. Too many lions had gone missing, there was no way that all of them perished somehow.

"His power is strong, especially with many slaves taking his side," she said sadly.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:54 pm
Safaia

The lioness suddenly found herself completely out of her depth by Nebesa's words. Nko hummed to herself to buy time while she tried to sort what was said, and what was meant out. What did Nebesa mean by pulling to many strings? And how could she be worried if she didn't really know anything? That was the truly confusing part.

"Oh dear me, I seem to have gotten out of the loop on these new phrases now days." Nko laughed to let Nebesa join in on her "blunder". "How does one pull too many strings?" Was the lioness afraid she'd get kicked out or go missing? Nkosazana nodded slowly.

"He has made many friends with that move." Good friends or bad friends? How did Nebesa see them? "He seems to be running the pride fairly well wouldn't you say?" She watched the other lioness. Did that make him a good king, or did she feel his previous actions weighed too heavily?

magnadearel

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:01 pm
"Too many eyes," Nebesa replied, though she was a bit alarmed by Nko's neutral replies. Was she being tested here, too? What was to come of this, if anyone found out? "He seems to know everything when it happens...it frightens me."

She clawed at the ground a bit, unsure as to how much she should really say. Some things would be better kept quiet, but it was hard to hold in so many concerns.

"Friends...and enemies. With some families torn on their loyalty to him, its been difficult." She carefully avoided answering the question about him running the pride...Nebesa begged to differ, but she was never going to openly say she thought he was terrible. Her sister was dead! Of course he was terrible!

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:45 pm
Safaia
Wrap up?

Nko relaxed a bit. "Oh yes, I see now. It's hard with all those Royal guards prowling all over the place isn't it?" She nodded with sympathy. It was hard not to be frightened. "I wouldn't say he knows everyone, but rather he knows a few who are his eyes and ears." That's how it worked wasn't it? And the once low class lions were now utterly devoted to him for raising their status.

The lioness gave a sign. She knew first paw about torn families. She would have liked to see her slave born cubs rise into the royal guard ranks. One she knew would not. Manyara was sickenly happy with her position. When the lioness didn't answer, Nko realized she probably didn't approve of Shangyue. "He probably should have chosen wiser actions, and that vulgar display at the coronation." She shook her head sadly. Lion fighting lion in front of the Great Lion. It would be a surprise if he wasn't mad at them all now.

magnadearel

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:03 pm
Nebesa relaxed as well. So Nko was being careful on how she was opening up to her. That made sense, when everyone was so high strung. She knew that with time, a chunk of the members would just carry on like usual; those in the middle and lower ranks, who had no real risk of anything happening to them as long as they kept hunting, guarding, and being faithful to the Great Lion.

With a sorrowful look, she lowered her head on her paws, content to just spend some time with Nko for a while. She wouldn't be alone, and perhaps a bit of the fear could ease in her heart. What else could possible happen, anyway?

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games