Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:12 pm
User Image

Great. Fantastic. Could this pride ever just not have bad things happen? Sure, in the overall scheme of things, the Queen taking ill and stepping down was relatively minor when compared with things like wildfires and serial killers, but still. It was ridiculous. And now, instead of La'u Khara'i, who had been capable - if irritatingly pretentious - they Samudranta, who was irritatingly cheerful. Peppy, over-friendly, and just...everything that annoyed Hal-shikasta.

Shika didn't know her well, not by any stretch, but from what she could tell and what she had heard, she was beginning to think that their new ruler was maybe not the brightest they had ever had. No one that bubbly was ever actually intelligent, in Shika's experience.

This was so not going to end well. The pale lioness frowned at the rising sun as she paced near the border. One of these days, just maybe she'd up and leave. It wasn't like anyone would miss her.

But no, for now she'd wait and see.

Safaia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kianira walked about in the early morning, her favourite time of day. It was why Jitokeza had helped pick out her new name, as it meant 'the dawn'. She had never left his side since then, but she always made sure to take a morning walk. Doubly so as she waited for children and grandchildren to return from their pilgrimages. As she had never had to leave, not being born here, it was extremely hard for the purple lioness to understand the difficulties such a quest meant. She always waited patiently, hoping to see a familiar face making their way up the mountain.

She waited...and with no movement down below this morning, she let a sigh escape from her chest. Perhaps later today. Perhaps tomorrow. At the very least, she wished she would at least receive word that they were still alive. That was the worst part. She turned to leave when she caught sight of just a slight movement. For a moment Kianira was sure she saw wrong, but upon a second glance she realized that the white form was another lion.

Not wanting to be rude, she approached slowly, just in case they showed every indication of wanting to be alone. "Hello there," she called out carefully, realizing that she didn't seem terribly younger than herself.

Meepfur

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:36 pm
'Hello' was a word that Shika dreaded hearing; greetings intended for her made her skin crawl and her eyes twitch. She really, truly hated having to interact with anyone. Once, she had held out some small hope that somewhere there existed someone who might be tolerable even some of the time, but she had long since given up on that. The unfortunate truth was that she was impossible to please on almost any level, then combine that with a surly nature and no inclination to filter what came out of her mouth, and she had successfully made herself impossible to get along with. The less time she spent with others, the less tolerant she became of them, and the less time she spent with them - and on and on. Now, even 'hello' was enough to annoy her.

Bracing herself for - ugh - company, she huffed and turned to face the very purple lioness who'd had the misfortune of noticing her. Her expression was flat, bored.

"Yeah?" Not 'hello,' not 'good morning,' just a 'get it over with already' condensed into a single word.

Safaia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:46 pm
Well, clearly she wanted to be alone. Kianira did a very quick debate on the benefits of trying to talk to her or turning around and leaving her. It was a hard call, but Kianira decided to attempt it. Part of her wondered if she had heard of this member before...but Kianira was no gossip, so no. She didn't even try to overhear what others were saying as she walked by; life was just too short to sweat the small things like that.

So she decided to give this a try. She smiled lightly at the white lioness, carefully noting her attitude as she approached. Kia left quite a bit of space between the two of them, acutely aware of not pushing her luck too much.

"Are you keeping an eye out for returning pilgrims?" she asked, noting that being alone and away from others could mean she was some sort of lookout. A very grumpy lookout.

Meepfur

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:53 pm
"No," Shika answered with a snort, gruff but not hostile. Yet. The other lioness wasn't a personal-space invader (which was pretty much Shika's least favorite thing ever), nor was she super-cheerful and overly happy to see her (a close second). Space and casual inquiry she could deal with, at least for slightly longer. "Can't say I'd really know them if I saw them, anyway,"

Safaia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:01 pm
Kianira was silent for a moment, thinking about that. "I guess that's true. I'd really only know for sure if they were my own kids coming back." She chewed on that thought a bit more, startled that she hadn't really thought about that herself.

"Though, I'd hope that anyone wandering through these mountains was looking for the pride and not trouble." She remembered the swamps, missed them...but it was so quiet here, sometimes she caught herself preferring the life here.

At least this conversation was going...okay, if a bit stiff.

"Guardian? Or just looking for some quiet space away from everyone else?"

Meepfur

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:09 pm
"Or they could be looking for both," Shika said after a pause for thought. "Not necessarily mutually exclusive." It was unlikely, sure, but not outside the realm of possibility, and by this point, something bad happening wouldn't surprise her. She'd be more surprised if they managed to go more than year or so without something bad happening.

"Quiet. I'm not personable enough to be a guardian." Sarcasm, and just a hint of a smirk.

Safaia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:12 pm
Kianira's eyes widened at that comment. Clearly....she thought of the world much differently than this lioness. It was a bit shocking...but could she say that it was a lie? Not really. Bad things could always happen, and one could accidentally bring trouble home with them.

Kianira grinned at her comment about not being personable. The purple lioness may have disagreed, but it didn't seem like the time nor place to be injecting her own perceptions onto this fellow pride member.

"Well then, I believe I may leave you soon to give you your quiet time back. I apologize for interrupting," she said with a small bow. "If I see you again, I may still share a greeting. I am Kianira."

Meepfur

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:29 pm
This had been...astonishingly, disconcertingly not terrible. No over-familiarity, no stubborn insistence on forcing her to tolerate company, no personal offense taken because she wasn't a happy-friendly drone. Just a greeting, a brief exchange, and it was over. Shika wasn't used to that. She tilted her head, considering the other lioness with a slightly puzzled look for a moment, and finally nodded.

"...thanks. I'm Hal-shikasta, but Shika works."

It was nice-ish, and that was awkward, and she was so not going to linger on it. Shika turned back in her original direction to amble on her way.

Safaia
ilusoverymuch. <33 Thank you~!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:36 pm
Well, Kianira was going to give a bit more of a farewell, but it seemed like Shika wasn't going to wait. At the very least, the purple lioness was extremely pleased that she got a name! She would do well to at least give a nice nod to her if she came across her again. She would just need to remember to give personal space, and not really expect words back.

Pleased, even if it was a much different interaction than she had expected, she herself turned to return to the mountain, intent on finding her silly mate.

Meepfur
You are very welcome! <3

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items