User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Painted Moose
Sabah took great pains to watch herself as she made her way towards the river. It was one of the natural boundaries for the Mwezi, and as such gave her an excuse to get as close to the rogue lands as possible. She had never truly dreamed of going beyond her borders, no matter the turmoil her pride had been in since her birth. This was home, and she knew that, but still...the adolescent looked about her, taking little measured steps to the water, her colorful tail tuft kept close to her legs.

Seaki
Liana's small nomadic group was on the move again. It had taken them ages to get this far, but the dark-eyed lioness had pushed on, scouting again. She wasn't quite the leader of the small group, but she was near enough. She had taken near enough control of it so far.

Still, she wandered ahead. They had already skirted some prides already, and she assumed they were coming across another. She waded into the river, sighing at the cool feeling across her belly.

She had noticed the other lioness that had waded into the stream not too far from her, and she watched her for a moment and slowly waded towards her. It wouldn't be remiss to find out some information about the location, after all.

Painted Moose
Sabah hadn't expected to see a stranger so soon, and in all honesty, it startled her. A Lady like herself wasn't supposed to be out this far, and what if this lioness tried something foul? She bit her lower lip and stilled herself, ready for the situation about to come. And she found herself slightly taken aback when nothing actually happened. She stood still, gathering up her mental fortitude before calling out, "Who are you, and what are your intentions?" It was obviously how unnerved she was and that she had almost no courage whatsoever.

Seaki
Liana wanted to grin, pleased that the young lioness noticed her. “Don’t worry, I’m not here to harm you,” she watched the young female for a moment, as if sizing her up. “My name is Liana, and I’m simply passing by,” she gave a small laugh.

She waded a big closer, the water not bothering her in the slightest. She wondered how the dark of her eyes would look to the young lioness - she had scared cubs often in her youth, and it had become somewhat of an interest on how others would react to her.

“And what’s a pretty, young thing like you doing out here?”

Painted Moose
Straightening her shoulders, Sabah nodded calmly, checking this other female out with a less critical eye. "My name is Sabah, a Lady for the Mwezi'Johari and you should know that I come out here all the time." Of course she didn't, else she wouldn't be so prickly. Her light paws took a few steps back, frightened by Liana's prescence and her eyes. She took a large gulp of air, her ears flicking back on her head. "Wh-whats a pretty, young thing like YOU doing here?" Sabah tossed back.

User ImageSeaki
"All the time?" She teased a little. "I didn't think one in a normal spot would be so skittish," she sighed. She could back off, especially after the lioness took a few back herself to get away from her, but she found herself wanting to be nearer the girl. Maybe to reassure her that she wasn't out to kill her.

Maybe flirt with her a little, just a little. She seemed so skittish, it was hard not to. It was a bit attractive, after all! Gods, she was starting to sound like Moyo.

"Oh, you're a little spitfire!" She said appreciatively, taking a large step forward. She was far overstepping her bounds, but she couldn't help it. "But I already told you, Sweetling, what I was doing out here. I even gave you my name."

Painted Moose
“Then you don’t know much of anything, do you?” She was scared, so she was snippy. Catching herself Sabah attempted to calm herself. Every step made towards her was met with one going the opposite direction. Where were the Guards when you needed them?!

Oh Great Lion, that last step had caused her a great panic. She squealed, slipping on a wet stone to fall on her rump in the water. “F-forgive me, then, I was a little distracted…” Where was her papa? Shouldn’t he be here as her go between? “I-I really should be going. It’s been nice talking with you and all, but I think I hear someone calling for me.”

Seaki
Liana had seen the behavior before - she was no stranger to invoking fear in others. She could only chuckle at the response and held her ground. She had, however, taken a step forward when the lioness began to fall. She didn’t know how deep the river got where the other lioness was standing, but luckily she only slipped into the water and not got under.

“You’re going so soon, Sweetling?” She asked, beginning her forward wading in the water again. At this rate, the poor thing would never come talk with her. “Your ears must be far better than mine, for I still don’t know your name.”

Painted Moose
Sabah’s heart was beating a tattoo on the inside of her chest. There was something so intimate in the way they were speaking with one another that left a flush on her cheeks. “You seem to be hard of hearing, then, for surely I’ve told you my name is Sabah.” She didn’t know why she said it twice, but it felt rude to know hers. Though she could be tested. Was this a new tactics of Shangyue, to see which followers of his was faithful to his rule?

Had she not been so terrified Sabah may have started to cry. As it stood she sloppily picked herself back up, and tried to shift herself towards the river bank. “If you don’t leave soon you’ll be caught. We’re not alone out here, and the others won’t be as soft as I.”

Seaki
“My apologies, Sweetling,” Liana gave a small chuckle. “I must have been too overtaken by your looks to remember your name.” It was her mistake, though she could recall the the young lioness had told her before. She gave a small laugh.

“No worries, Sweetling,” she didn’t know why she couldn’t use the girls name - she had told her twice already, she could at least honor it, but Sweetling fit her better. “But I suppose, I shall honor your wishes for now.” The lioness stepped back, feeling the water rush along her feet.

“I hope to see you again, Sweet one, perhaps soon,” she chuckled, wading back across the river. She would move the group away from this area, likely never to see Sabah again. She stared for a moment, at the young lioness. “Don’t forget me,” she called out as she made her way back to the point she entered the river.

Painted Moose
Overtaken by her looks?! This was far beyond Sabah’s territory of comfort. She gulped, feeling a mild relief when her back paws slipped onto dryer soil.

“I hope to see you never,” Sabah murmured, too transfixed watching the other lioness go to move from her spot. Still, to have that ‘don’t forget me’ wash over her was like a splash of ice water. It chilled her spine and put a shiver in her that when she felt safe enough to move let her run. She tore out of the river, so very unladylike in her dash.

She was going to go straight back to her den and never leave it again!