Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1+PRP]This Better Not Kill Me (Shy/Ripples/Finn) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:50 pm
With permission given by Edith to find two suckers hunters who he could trust not to kill each other, and who both would be willing to spar off grounds, where shields could actually break, Finn had set his mind to work on just who he could possibly harass into it first.

Who better to ask then the man who knew all about dying because of a broken shield in a spar? Surely he was capable of being careful, and keeping that in mind, Finn also contacted somebody whom he was pretty sure would get his a** kicked (but hopefully in a careful way), but that he knew could probably handle it.

He had sent the texts off to the two men in question earlier that week and got confirmation from both, setting up a date and time and location. Finn himself arrived early, with supplies that were borrowed for training purposes from the infirmary, before summoning his weapon.

He didn't have runic bandages (yet), so if prompt healing were needed, he'd have to use Trynt, which meant he'd need to get the weapon charged and ready. Stabbing the lance into the ground, he sat down on the beach and waited, knees up with arms crossed over them as he hunched forward and stared out into the waves.

Enoh Love
Sammpai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:02 pm
Ripley never looked forward to anything that could end with a battle, usually because it almost always ended with a nice long infirmary trip and a very, very grumbling lecture from Lex. Though sometimes it ended with a couple squeaks from Oliver, or a not-so-friendly slap by Finn.

His friends - and whatever the hell Finn was to him - were assholes.

But at least this thing that would end in a battle was a very planned and probably very moderated thing, and he imagined his chances of survival were fairly great. Unless, of course, Finn had set this up in a secret attempt to kill him, which was entirely possible. He put nothing past him. Ever.

"You look surprisingly thoughtful today." Ripley mused out loud at the scene; one Finn Conner, staring out to sea. It was almost romantic, if you ignored the fact that two hopefully sane people were putting their lives in this man's calloused, rough hands. He summoned Wilhelm with some difficulty, and stabbed the sword into the ground near Trynt.

"Hear from him yet?" He then sat down beside him, and waited for Shy to show up.

Enoh Love

mare
Artist

Precious Cutie-Pie

14,675 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:33 pm
Shiloh wasn’t entirely sold on the idea of off-property spars and having his shield break again. And his first thought to Finn’s offer was that it might be some sort of prank, but skeptical though he was, he did think Finn was a pretty good guy and it was something he had a particular amount of experience in, so he decided he was glad to help and had said so in his return text. The fact that the whole thing was division leader approved might have helped Finn’s cause and finding Ripley as his spar partner didn’t hurt either. He didn’t know Ripley particularly well, but he was good friends with Ian, and that was enough for Shiloh. That and Shiloh had made sure to tell Ian what was going on, and Maebe, and Quinn just for good measure. Precautions never hurt.

Shiloh arrived on scene with Haruko tucked in his hand, both of their preferred spot for her unsummoned form. His boots were surprisingly quiet in the sand and he tiptoed quietly up behind the two hunters as they sat there, before clapping his arms over the both of them, poking his face between them with a wide grin.

“Hi, lovebirds! Ready to get this show on the road? Or are we all just gonna stare romantically into the sunset?”

His greeting, of course, was genuinely innocent and nothing more than friendly teasing, his goofy way to break the ice. He let go as quickly as he’d snuck in, and straightened himself up, summoning Haruko.

Enoh Love
he's oblivious

Seussi
obliviously on point ;)))))

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:55 pm
Ripley's voice cutting through the seaside air was enough to bring Finn out of his silent reverie, though if anybody had asked him what he had been thinking about he most definitely would have lied.

Nobody wanted to really know what went on inside of Finn's head. Even Trynt often tried to ignore it as much as he could.

A small smile played along his lips as he lifted his head up, straightening his back a little as he glanced over his shoulder towards the other man, sparing a glance for around and further beyond to see if there were any visible flashes of pink hair making their way towards them yet. When he saw nothing, he eased himself back a bit, uncrossing his arms to plant his hands in the sand behind him, and straightening out his legs in front, giving them a much needed stretch. "Is this where I ask you what's surprising about it, and you tell me you didn't think I had a thought in my head?" He asked, with a smirk, turning his head to face the other man when he sat down, before leaning towards him slightly.

"I think we should take leave together sometime. Get away from this ******** place, and it's thin walls." The last was uttered in a hushed tone, as Finn debated whether or not sitting alone on a beach was considered private enough to steal a kiss or two, since, well, Ripley was right there and all.

The rest of it was quite completely out of the blue and random.

"N--" He began to answer Ripley's question, deciding that a kiss hello was probably not a good idea at all, which was probably for the best because right at that moment he was interrupted quite suddenly by an arm that came down around his shoulders, and there, right in his peripheral vision, was that flash of pink hair he had been searching for only moments before.

s**t, how had Shy been able to sneak up on them like that? The cotton candy kid deserved some kind of ******** award for stealthiness.

Finn stiffened only slightly at the greeting, for a second wondering what he knew, before remembering that this was Shy and that meant probably nothing.

"Well, if you don't think Ian would mind you joining us for a threesome, then I'm sure we could do that instead." Finn drawled in response, before shrugging off Shy's arm and pushing himself to his feet, moving towards his weapon to wrench it out of the ground.

"Okay, so you two know why you're here, but just let me stress to you one more time how very careful I need you to be. Over here, shields can break and you will sustain an injury, however minor or major that might be. There is, of course, the risk of death." He glanced at Shy, and then to Ripley "But I trust you both know that and aren't ******** stupid enough to go showing off some over powered attack on an opponent who's shield can't ******** take it. To start with, I'm going to defend each of you, twice, to try and get Trynt charged up, as a precaution. I don't expect I will actually need to use him, however." The lance and it's healing abilities were more for back up in case this somehow ended up going beyond what Finn could deal with.

"So, figure out who's attacking first between you two, and I'll decide who's a** I'd rather cover." Another smirk, and a glance that might have lingered on Ripley before the moon intermediate let out a small chuckle, waiting for the two of them to begin.

Enoh Love
sammpai

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Enoh Love rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:45 am
"Almost." Ripley conceded as he took his seat beside Finn. "I'd at least acknowledge you have some, just maybe not useful ones." He corrected with a thin grin, though he knew very well that Finn did have good and useful ideas here and there. It was simply more fun to doubt him.

Though, as Finn suggested leave, he gave an amused breath.

"I stand corrected." In their little hypothetic game, anyway. "I wouldn't mind. I haven't used mine this month." So he had it available, it was simply a matter of when. He had briefly considered leaving over for a small kiss - since Finn was right there and all - but Shiloh's sudden, startling appearance made that decision for him.

Plus, he had the air knocked out of his lungs too, which only further helped sway his decision. He heaved a couple coughs that covered his initial, mild panic over Shy's unusual greeting, and gave him a moment to realize just who he was talking to.

"Though Ian is welcome too." Ripley added dryly. "Hello, Shiloh." He greeted belatedly, once he had some air in his lungs. Finally he stood, pulling Wilhelm free from the ground as he listened to Finn's instructions and reminders.

"We could always agree to not use charges." He suggested, stretching his neck by tilting his head. It might make the battle longer, but at least it would be the smallest bit safer. "Sounds fair." He agreed to the rest of the terms, and after catching that brief glance, he rolled his eyes as he looked away towards Shy instead.

"Rock paper scissors?" He suggested, holding out a gloved hand.

Seussi

Sammpai

mare rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:34 pm
It was Shy, and it totally meant nothing.

He’d stood back from them with that same goofy sort of grin on his face, having not noticed anything different and definitely not any the wiser. Finn, of course was Finn, and Ripley, well, from the two of them, a certain level of standoffishness and copious amounts of sarcasm was to be expected.

Shiloh put his arms up, waving them, instantly defeated. “No, no, I’m pretty sure he would mind, I mean, uh, I’m pretty sure I mind, but thank you for so politely offering.”

He beamed at the two of them, and listened to Finn explain why there were here. Shiloh definitely didn’t need to be reminded to be careful, at least, he thought that he didn’t, though in all likelihood it was probably a good thing for him to be reminded. He’d spent months practicing with his shield and its limits so he was fairly certain he could successfully gauge when to stop, and it wasn’t like Ripley was going to pull a Rep on him or anything. But what Finn said was also true, there would be real consequences here and it would be good for them all to be aware of it.

“I’m good with no charges, unless you absolutely need them? Haruko’s is a bit of a gamble, best not to take chances.”

Any further innuendo sailed over Shiloh’s head, either not smart enough to catch it, or too obliviously Shiloh too notice.

“Sounds good,” he said to Ripley, holding out his hand as well.

“Paper, scissors, rock!”

He was grinning again, making a fist.

Seussi
LOOK

Enoh Love
I DID IT

mare
Artist

Precious Cutie-Pie

14,675 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
Seussi rolled 1 8-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-8)

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:24 pm
"No charged attacks then." Finn nodded, adding his voice to the other two for whatever it was worth as he waited for them to make a decision as to who would be going first, though he had to raise an eyebrow at their method. Spinning his weapon, switching it from hand to hand while they played their little game, Finn only glanced back their way long enough to see who had won, before snorting.

"Why am I not surprised? Okay, Ripples, I choose your a** first." A wide smirk was given to the other man, as he moved to the area where they would begin, standing a little bit to the side, in front of Ripley but facing Shiloh.

And then, because he apparently decided that Ripley's a** was really quite valuable to him, he did what he was also apparently good at and held his weapon up ready to block whatever Shiloh threw the other death intermediates way, his gaze sharp, cold, and determined.

HP: 50
Defending: Ripley for 8
Charge: 0/3

Sammpaix
Enoh Lovex

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:42 pm
Ripley shrugged; he didn't particularly care if it ended up as a strange foursome or not. It was just as easy to move onto other topics; say, how to not actually kill each other, for example.

"No charges." Ripley repeated with a small shake of his head. "Leave healing to him." He nodded towards Finn. Not that he had any healing attacks to begin with, thanks to Wilhelm's continued insistence on becoming a brutish weapon. It just made more sense to completely omit any hint of charged attacks between himself and Shiloh. Part of him hadn't expected Shiloh to play along - though he should have, considering it was Shiloh, but he extended his hand nonetheless, drawing scissors.

Which ultimately, made him the loser. Which wasn't surprising in the slightest. He sighed as Finn seemed to have the same thought.

I should hope so, he said in his head, resisting the urge to speak it out loud in the off chance Shiloh would hear and get curious. Despite Finn in front of him defending, Ripley leaned back to hoist Wilhelm protectively, mentally grumbling at how heavy the sword was.

Sammpai
Seussi

Enoh Love

mare rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-20)

mare
Artist

Precious Cutie-Pie

14,675 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:03 pm
“That’s fine with me,” Shiloh said cheerily. Haruko protested a bit in his head, but he definitely agreed with Ripley and Finn – it was far safer this way.

Shiloh was glad for the topic change, having seemingly bitten off more than he could chew when it came to matching wits with the pair in front of him. He minded for a multitude of reasons, first and foremost being his romantic experience was limited to a total of one relationship, that being Ian, and even when it came to that it’d taken him months to get over his aptly named shyness. He’d never ever considered Ripley or Finn in that light, but as he watched Finn step in front of Ripley, protective and formidable looking and Ripley hoisting his sword, the two of them ready for battle, he couldn’t help it, he thought about it.

He thought about it, and then in an intense panic to escape thinking about it, he lunged forward to attack, only to get tangled up in Haruko’s chains and fall flat on his face at their feet.

Looking up, he tried to grin, tried to laugh it up but he was a met with a view of Finn that only made things entirely worse and he scrambled to his feet, tugging himself free of his weapon and jumping back, holding her bracingly in front of him.

“Uh, uh, my bad, got a little caught up there. Let’s try this again,” he said, trying not to think about choosing asses. For some mysterious reason, he’d gone several shades redder, and avoided meeting either of their eyes as he said it.

HP: 50/50
DMG: 0

Seussi
enjoy

Enoh Love
the awkward baby

Enoh Love rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 4 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:57 pm
"...Doing what?" Ripley asked, unable to resist. What did he get so caught up in that would make him not only miss, but miss entirely? That was something else. It wasn't often that he could stand completely still and see an attack go flying past him. Usually, he was the one missing. He was able to write off the other man's red face as embarrassment over missing, and nothing else.

Side stepping around Finn, Ripley twisted Wilhelm, swinging the heavy, bulky blade around and then down, aiming for Shiloh's leg.

Quote:

HP: 50/50
Damage: 8
Charges: n/a

Sammpai
Seussi

Enoh Love

Seussi rolled 1 8-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-8)

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:18 pm
"s**t, I chose the wrong person to defend. What the ******** do you call that move, exactly, Shiloh?" Finn gladly stepped to the side to let Ripley have a go at it, half expecting the other man to flounder just as badly, or worse, then Shiloh had.

However, he instead was pleasantly surprised, and maybe even a bit proud, of what he witnessed instead. A faint smile was tugging at his lips, and he moved forward to take up a defensive stance between Shiloh and Ripley once more.

Defending: Ripley for 6

sammpai
enoh love

mare rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 5 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:47 am
“Nothing important,” Shiloh said quickly. Though he tried to dart away, his reaction time was still slow and the temptation to stare a little too great, Ripley’s sword slashing against his leg. It was a solid hit and Shiloh groaned, limping back to try and gather up Haruko again.

He was careful this time to make sure his feet were well clear of the chains before he threw her, her jaws sailing through the air and through Finn’s defense, biting through at the last moment towards Ripley.

The pair of them made quite a team.

HP: 42/50
DMG: 7-6 = 1

Seussi

Enoh Love

mare
Artist

Precious Cutie-Pie

14,675 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
Enoh Love rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-20)

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:30 pm
If it wasn't that important, Ripley didn't feel the need to press the issue. Instead he focused on getting ready to dodge an attack on the off-chance Finn's defence failed, while hoping that he and Wilhelm continued to work together to actually, you know, do some damage.

It was nice to have a defender though, it made battles a little less hectic for himself.

The biting weapon glanced his arm in a nick he could easily ignore. To avoid the rest he sidestepped quickly, and once more swung Wilhelm - this time, towards Shiloh's dominant arm.

HP: 49/50
Damage: 4

sammpai
seussi

Seussi rolled 1 8-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-8)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:45 pm
And just as Ripley got used to having a defender, Finn switched sides on the field of battle and put himself closer to Shiloh, his lance held at the ready to now block any incoming attacks from Ripley's sword.

While he made it look like he was actually taking the defense of Shiloh quite seriously, Finn actually half assed it, perhaps hoping that Ripley might for once do well in a battle.

Defending: Shiloh for 4
Charge: 1/3

Enoh Love
sammpai

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

mare rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-20)

mare
Artist

Precious Cutie-Pie

14,675 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:23 am
It was a pervasive thought it seemed, and it didn’t help at all that he currently had to tango with both of them. It was even worse when Finn stepped over to his side of the battlefield and turned his back, and his rear, to Shiloh.

Don’t think about it, don’t think about it, Shiloh repeated in his head but it distracted him enough that his next attack went wide of Ripley as well, as though he hadn’t tried to aim at all.

“Shoot!”

Enoh Love

Seussi

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out