Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRP] You're Forgetting Something! (Ram x Teshi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:45 pm
Epine de Rose

User Image
He was missing something and he knew it, somewhere in the back of his mind there was a notion that he had missed something important. He couldn't quite put his paw on it, but ever since he had come to 'power', he'd had more responsibilities and made more commitments than he had ever thought possible. Alas, there was no point in giving himself a needless headache when the answer wasn't going to come to him any time soon - if it was truly important it would snap into his mind at some point... That was how things usually happened anyway.

Thus, the blue lion continued on his morning walk - now a routine, he savoured the cooler air before the sun rose. It was his favourite time of day as it was when he was most comfortable. It was for this reason that he wandered in a partially dazed manner, eyes half closed as though he were still drowsy, though he was mostly savouring the peace and quiet!

Znaruto

User Image
Teshi was wide awake. She loved waking up in the morning. One of the best things to do in the morning was taking a walk just before the sun rose and seeing it raise right when you were just about done with your walk. That was one of the best feeling in the world. Now her father would whole heartily disagree with her saying that Laughter is the best feeling ever and nothing more. But daddy was silly and knew nothing more then laughter. She giggled at the thought of him doing something funny. He was a silly daddy but she hated what came from being a child of his. The vision wasn't the bad part, no it was saying that your dad is a god. When she told anyone about this they would ask so many question about how it's like having a father as a god.

She shook the thought off and started on her walk. She never knew where she was going but she she always love the spot where she would end and see the sun rise. She smile at the thought of today's sun rise. She could not wait to see it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:03 pm
Epine de Rose
Ram had never been one to question or judge another based on their heritage and to find that Teshi was related to a deity would have been a minor tidbit of information for the lion. The Bahari had, after all, more than one set of cubs who were the offspring of gods or goddesses - they were certainly special or unique, they definitely possessed some form of skill, but it didn't define them and he was careful to recognise them for what talents they possessed beyond the supernatural.

In essence, the lion treated all those he met as he wished to be treated... with respect!

It should therefore have come at no surprise that the bleary eyed male gave a start when he recognised that he had missed the lioness not once, but twice, as he had wandered almost parallel to her own path. The bleary eyes opened and he drew to a halt, lifting his gaze to watch as she wandered by in much the same direction as he had been going. Another moment or two of observation and he couldn't help but wonder - she looked like one of the Kizi, was she? For some reason that seemed important...

Znaruto
Teshi smiled as she walked with a skip in her step. Her tail swished side to side. Not a care in the world. Oh no. She did not even notice the other lion around her. She could have passed him if she didn't smell him. Yes she never smelled this smell before and that got her attention. She look sniff around to see where the smell was coming from. Hmmm it was behind her. She turn around and saw the other. She tiled her head at him. Was he there long? Was he watching her? She never seen him around? Was he a rouge? Wait did she wander off to far? Was he a Bahari? Wait did she wander in there lands? All these questions plus more went though her head. Hmm should she talk to him. No she was going to wait for him to talk first or leave first....any of the two was fine with her. She sat down and watch him watching her. She gave a small giggle, a habit that she pick up from her dad. She smile and waited until he said something.

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:19 pm
Epine de Rose
Oh ho she was definitely from the Kizi! Her quirky nature and mannerisms gave her away - they had always been a curious folk after all and had never been completely 'there', so to speak. He was somewhat proud of himself that his guess had been correct. Admittedly he had only guessed at her heritage based on her physical form, but it was somewhat endearing to see that she slotted comfortably in to the Kizi nature as well... or she seemed to based on how she had responded to his presence!

Very few creatures giggled at him, they usually regarded him with curiosity, respect or in very rare cases, hostility.

"Good morning," he offered at last, finally gathering his wits as he continued towards her. If anything, he would continue to walk towards his destination - nothing got in the way of his morning walks after all. "It has been a while since I have seen a Kizi so close to the Bahari borders," he confessed with a wry smile. "You are Kizi, yes?"

Znaruto
Teshi sat on her hind legs as he walk to her. Not in a threatening pose but more of a playful/ curios way. She smile at him when he said good morning. He must be another that like morning walks. She giggle again and said "Hello....no! Not hello, but Good morning too!" She gave him a wave of her front left paw. He seemed to be going in the same way she was going. Oh and then he answer some of her question in her head. So she must of wander into the Bahari borders and didn't even know. Knowing this that must meant he was a Bahari his self. Maybe he was making sure he knew his path here when he had to go to the mummer ball. Yes indeed that must be it. Haha. She nodded to herself for being so smart. She listen to what he said and answer him with a smile and said "Why yes, yes I am? From what you said that must means you are a Bahari, yes yes? How nice! I have never met one yet and I was thinking i was going to meet one soon at the Mummer's ball but i didn't think i would have met one before it. Hehehe"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:39 pm
Epine de Rose

THAT was what he was missing - The Mummer's Ball! He'd been reminded more than once, passing diplomats and those who had connections to the Kizi had mentioned it. It was something that the neighbouring pride held every year and he was expected to attend this year, if only as a polite gesture. It was supposed to be fun, a time of joy and... Oh, oh now he remembered what it was for. A sheepish expression crept across his face and he regarded the smaller lioness with a wry smile, merry as she might have been, her youthful nature had reminded him that he had supposed to be actively encouraging the younger generations of his pride to make connections with the Kizi. Both had needed new blood, it had been agreed that they would be open with one another.

"The Mummer's Ball," he murmured and then shook his head. "I barely know you, but you have done me a great favour," he confessed with a small chuckle. "I knew I was forgetting something of importance, I'm fairly certain I was supposed to round up the younger generations for that Ball, they could use a party," he continued and shook his head. "You would be correct that I am Bahari - have we missed much of the... uh," he paused.

"The ball?"

Znaruto
She hop up and stood on her front two letting her hind legs hang in the sky. She was having fun with this fellow even if he did do much. She sat back down and smile at him. He was sure happy about her saying something about the Mummer ball. She giggle at him. What a funny guy he was. Why did he care so much. It was more for the youth of his pride to come then the older but at least he was happy about it. She rub her paw against her face and giggle once more. She right about her assumption about him getting to know the path to the Kizi lands to go the the mummer ball. Yes she nodded to her self once again. She was happy that she was so smart. Yes so happy indeed. She listen to what he said and got up from just sitting. "Well your welcome? Not sure what favor i have done for you but okay." She said with a sweet smile. OH and she was right about him being a Bahari. Oh right again she was. So wonderful it was to be right when you guess something. She rub her face with her paw again as she said " No no. Never late you are. Miss nothing. The ball has yet to start. In a few days or so It will! Yes yes!? Will I see you there?"

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:55 pm
Epine de Rose

He breathed another sigh of relief, he hadn't missed it and he had ample time to politely remind the younger generations of the pride that there was a party and they were highly encouraged to go crazy at it. Even the older and spoken for lions could attend of course, but he was under no illusions that the Mummer's Ball wasn't just an excuse for a coming of age party for those who were ready for it! Ah, to be -that- young again, he may not have been extremely old but on occasions he felt ancient around those who were just finding their paws in the adult world.

"You did me a favour because I had forgotten that the Ball was happening," he confessed and shook his head. "It is my responsibility to remind those who want to attend of when it is," he pointed out with a small chuckle. "I suspect many of them would be unhappy if they missed a good party because I had forgotten to tell them, don't you?" he mused and pursed his lips. After a moment he lifted a paw and rubbed at his ear thoughtfully.

"I suppose I will be there," he said with another small smile. "I'd be foolish to say no to having some fun, wouldn't I?" he mused and winked.

Znaruto
She smile again. She wondered how many lions would be at the Mummer's ball..Would her daddy come? Would all her family show up? Well she hope some would anyways. Oh and maybe she would find someone there? Maybe even a Bahari! She then wondered how many Bahari she would meet there. She hope she would meet a few at least. She blink a few times then said "Why are being so hard on your self about forgetting something?" She tilted her head then went on "Why would they be unhappy with you about forgetting something? Your just one lion why do you have to know all the thing about what is happening?" Now if she knew he was the leader of the Bahari pride she would never have said this. She wouldn't treat no different if she knew he was, just less question would have came out. She smile when he said the last part. "Oh Oh! I will be there! Yes yes! I will be looking for you! Yes it would be foolish to not have some fun! My daddy always told me to life is to short, laugh and live a little." She said with a giggle.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:15 pm
Epine de Rose
"Perhaps," he paused briefly and tilted his head to the side as he regarded the lioness. "Perhaps it is because I have a duty as the leader of the Bahari," he said at last. "I am charged with their protection but I think I should also make sure they have some fun, don't you?" he offered a small wink the the youth and shook his head. Perhaps he was being too hard on himself on this occasion, but he had been a bit scatter brained when it came to this particular event. All in all he expected a little better of himself, if only to keep in good standing with the pride he now regarded as a strong ally.

"But your father is very wise," he said at last. "Life is too short to take everything quite so seriously, I think that this might be why I feel it's important to make sure some of my pride attend," he explained. "Though..." he paused again and pursed his lips.

"Where exactly will you be holding the Ball in your territory? We will need a way to find it."

Znaruto
Her eyes got big when he said he was the leader. SO that why he was being hard on his self. Well she guess it make since but she never really let thing get to her to much. She was more of go with the flow kind of girl so stuff never really got to her to much. "Oh I see! I see! Yes yes. But I say don't be so hard on your self. Everyone forget something and i bet to you a lot of things that are going though your mind." She said sweetly. She giggle at what he said about her father. No he wasn't wise at all, he was silly and goofy and never took anything serious at all. Nope, her dad could see someone getting there butt woup and he would just laugh about and think they where playing a game. She sigh and giggle at the same thing, a trait that she pick up from her dad that she hated. "I guess you can say that but you don't know the half of it. Hahaha" She said with a smile. When he ask that question she put her paw on her chin. Where was it being held? She never really check about because she was just going to follow the music and laughter the day of the ball and heard that way. "Ummmmm, i'm not really sure. Ha ha....I was just going to follow where all the noise would be coming from the day of the ball. I would say you do the same? Ha...aha..." She said with a nervous laugh.

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:32 pm
Epine de Rose

"Follow where the noise is, hm?" he repeated and rubbed his chin with his paw. His eyebrow raised and he regarded Teshi thoughtfully before he seemed to give a slow nod of acceptance. There was method to her madness, what she said made sense - for all he knew the party might be everywhere and the only way to find the epicenter would be to keep walking until he stumbled upon the greatest amount of noise! It wasn't the best type of instruction to give his pride but all things considered, it was better than nothing... and he was sure that one or two of them had been introduced to the ways of the Kizi before.

Following the noise made a lot of sense.

"Perhaps that is what we shall do then, eh?" he finished and shook his head and continued to walk in the direction of the slope. It was where he aimed to come to a halt, at the highest point to watch the sun rise before heading back to the pride. "Ah, but let us enjoy the sun rise before contemplating further plans," he mused and nodded towards the slope as he took another few steps.

"I would sooner enjoy this moment and then return to let them know about this event!"

Znaruto
She smile and got up. Yes yes. She found a friend that like to see the sun rise to. what a wonderful thing to find indeed. She nodded at him and giggle with glee. He was a nice guy and she was sure that he was a great leader too. This was a good start to a good day. She follow him and said "Yes yes! Live in the moment and enjoy it to the fullest." At with that she started to walk with him.

Epine de Rose

Young as she might have been, her father had taught her well despite what she might have thought or said. Youthful appearance aside, she coined phrases that some of the older and wiser lions would bestow on children when they had learnt, too late, that they should live in the moment and embrace the opportunities before them. Granted he could never be entirely carefree, but enjoying a sunset or sunrise before he returned to his regular duties was something that he could afford to make time for.

This was his way of living in the moment; slight as it might have been, it was enough for him.

The Mummer's Ball could wait for the time being, he would handle that in an hour or two...

[FIN]  
[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff