Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[Training] Life or Death! [Cee/Peyton]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 am
WE ARE HALLOWEEN
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Death Hunter
DEATHSWEEPER

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

General Information
The large stone cavern with the tiled floor and large yellow smiley face is likely familiar to at least several trainees, and may even feature in a few nightmares from time to time. Welcome to Deathsweeper, the training course that may only be attempted via c-type golem, and often acts as a testing ground for the Life Division's more painful creations. Stealth and detecting imminent danger are vital for Death Hunters and anyone who has to spend extended amounts of time near Caelius. The Deathsweeper chamber is full of hidden traps that only the finest of survival instincts can survive unscathed.

If you fail: you get to once again relive the sensation of dying. Painfully and sometimes quite strangely.

If you win: you have survived stepping 5 tiles into the room. Anything further is purely for peen and bragging rights.

Mechanics
  • roll 1 d10
  • check for hp loss and death
  • decide whether or not to use your bonuses
  • if you survive, repeat.
  • roll list: the traps are ICly constantly changing, so feel free to get creative as to what exactly those traps are!
  • -50% HP is off your full HP, so if you hit -50% twice, then you are 100% KO'd

01. horrible death
    02. - 50% HP
    03. live
    04. live
    05. - 50% HP
    06. - 50% HP
    07. horrible death
    08. - 50% HP
    09. live
    10. horrible death

Bonus Mechanics
  • This bonus is consumable.
  • All participants get a flag, this flag will allow your character to notice something about the area they're stepping into. OOCly this means you can adjust your rolled number, up or down, by one point. Instinctive moves are used in the same manner as flags. These are stackable, so if you have 1 flag + 1 instinctive move, you can use them up in order to adjust your roll by two.

(If you roll a 1, you may not move your number down to 0, -1, or 10. And 10 cannot be adjusted to 1 or 11.)

• Trainees: 1 flag
  • Death Trainees: 1 flag + 1 instinctive move
  • Hunters: 1 flag + 1 instinctive move
  • Death Hunters: 1 flag + 2 instinctive moves

Status

Step: (current step number)

HP:
Flags:
Instinctive moves:

[quote="Status"]
[size=14][color=#00BFFF][b]Step: (current step number)[/b][/color][/size]

[b]HP:[/b]
[b]Flags:[/b]
[b]Instinctive moves:[/b]
[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:20 am
Allan had told Peyton to train, so that was what Peyton was going to to. Taking her lead's direction to heart, the morning after the Sun meeting she had gotten up, done her usual routine with Cami, and headed out towards the direction the she was fairly certain the Deathsweeper course was located. She had not, as of yet, expanded her curriculum away from the Lifer and Sun courses. Not though active avoidance, just, she hadn't gotten around to them yet. Now was time to change that.

She had intended to tackle the course on her own, specially after what she'd heard about it, but as she approached there was already someone else mingling about, and it seemed a little rude to just ignore her.

Besides, Peyton new the dark haired Death. She'd helped her move a few days ago.

"Allo Cee, are you here for the training course too?" A bright smile was flashed her way, one hand lifting from a pocket to offer a little wave as she moved up to the other girl.

iloveyoudie

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:41 pm
"Oh hey girl wassup?" Cee had turned her head when her name was said. "Yeah I guess. I mean I ain't qualified in nothin yet. And this one's my division an'all so why not?" She didn't want to say how hard it looked. She hated failing in front of people and found it annoying but teaming up was encouraged here.

"You doin it?" She perked, "I'm just a baby weakling so maybe we kin team up?"

beejoux

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:35 pm
Cee's usual greeting was meet with a smile. "I need to hit all the training courses to work on my specialization, and this ones on my list." She was taking Allan's instructions very seriously.

"We can totally team up, if you want. Might as well, really. I hear this can be a pain, literally, and having a little moral support can't hurt, right?" With a shrug, the shorter of the two headed into the building, pausing briefly to glance over her shoulder to make sure Cee was following.

"We get to use golems for this one." She pointed at the set up, angling that direction. "So nothing will be happening to us, physically, but we're linked up with the things, so we, um...we'll feel everything that's going on." No one ever said being a Hunter was easy. Pey turned a grimace into a reassuring smile, then stepped up into the machine that would let her pilot her golem. After a second she was looking out from another set of eyes, in another body that was identical to her own, and another second after that it became pretty impossible to separate herself from the golem on an intellectual and emotional level. Rationally she knew this wasn't her, but it felt like her.

iloveyoudie

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:08 pm
"Awesome." Cee was actually relieved to have a team up. "I never used one before.. a golem. I keep hearin about them.." She eyed the machines curiously and waited until Peyton had gotten in before she got in her own.

She actually gasped aloud when everything kicked in and she found herself as herself out in the course.

"Awesome!" She hopped, not yet moving. "This's how we do at Halloween too right? I wanna do it sooo bad."

beejoux

Beejoux rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:00 pm
"Ah, as far as I know. This is my first time in a golem, honestly." She wasn't big on the whole infiltration thing, that was more Death. Peyton was more the punch first, ask questions later sort. More comfortable attacking, than researching.

Jumping right in seemed like the best option here, though without any actual jumping. Drawing in a breath, Peyton stepped forward tentatively, then immediately jerked to the side as a series of spikes shot up from the floor. "Jesus! They aren't ******** playing around."

Status

Step: (current step number)

HP: 100%
Flags: 1/1
Instinctive moves: 1/2

iloveyoudie

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

iloveyouDIE rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:13 am
"********.." Cee said, watching Peyton and the spikes. "********!" Again, swiftly, she yelled as the golem stepped on a floor panel that hitched and sputtered. She only had a breath to hop to the next spot before spurts of flame shot up around where she'd just been standing.

"Who comes up wit dis s**t." Cee now waited, trying to figure out anything she could with visual cues to avoid being roasted and toasted.

"So you never been to Halloween yet?" She asked Peyton curiously. hadn't she been here a while?

Status

Step: 1

Flags: 1 using (adjusted to 9 LIVE)
Instinctive moves: 1

beejoux

Beejoux rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:57 pm
"Well." Pey was eyeing the squares around her, trying to pinpoint which was the safest bet. "I've been in the haunted house a few times, but never been anywhere that required a golem. It's interesting."

She took a very slow, very caution step to the side, and when nothing clicked, or buzzed, or chimed, she shifted her full weight onto the spot.

Status

Step: 2

Flags: 1/1
Instinctive moves: 1/2

iloveyoudie

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

iloveyouDIE rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:02 am
"We should go." Cee said, almost distracted because she was trying to pick a square. She stepped again but the spot started to sink, sloooooowly, thankfully her reflexes were enough to hop away. The floor behind her collapsed into a black pit. Somewhere at the bottom she heard water and a thrashing sound but Cee was too wary of falling to peer over the edge and see what horror would have awaited her.

"I wanna meet some students. I'm kinda interested in the weaponizin' s**t and they told me I should use golems more." For her own weapon, and for investigating halloween.

Status

Step: 2

Flags: 1
Instinctive moves: 1 using (adjusted to 9 - LIVE)

beejoux

Beejoux rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:26 pm
"To Halloween?" She frowned, though it softened as she considered it. Why not go? It wouldn't be a bad idea to see what they were up against in their own environment. "Yeah, maybe. Could be educational."

Peyton took a step, half distracted, and was a little slow to completely avoid the spikes that came down from above. With a little shriek she jerked back to the square she'd just been on, cursing loudly as one sharp point sank into the Golem's ankle.

"Don't step there!"

Status

Step: 3

HP: 50%
Flags: 0/1
Instinctive moves: 0/1

iloveyoudie

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

iloveyouDIE rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:55 am
Unfortunately, Peyton's warning wasn't quick enough. Cee's next step set off some sort of flame thrower and her golem was burnt to a crisp.

Within a few she was back in another, but back at the ******** things..."

beejoux

Beejoux rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:21 pm
Peyton winced as Cee's golem bit the big one, and she carefully avoided that area of the grid. Too many traps, too many things waiting to torch, or impale, or eviscerate.

So she moved in the opposite direction, away from the flags and the spot where Cee's golem had died. The first step was cautious. It took her nearer to the edge, but she knew better than to rush it. If she could pass this course now, it's be one less thing to worry about later, and one more tool in her arsenal. When the lightest touch of her foot didn't trigger anything awful she let out a breath, and very gingerly, stepped forward onto it.

It held, and Peyton gave a delighted whoop.

Now, one more. One more and she could dive for cover off the edge of the grid. Again she held her breath, inching forward. Another slow step, and another safe square.

"Yes!" Now she rushed, flinging herself away from the danger.

When she exited the golem she turned a brilliant smile to the other girl before heading out the door. "Thanks for coming Cee!"

Status

Step: 4 and 5

HP: 50%
Flags: 0
Instinctive moves: 0

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers