Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
I had a job

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

why do they do this
  I think I hate people
View Results

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:18 pm
for like 4 hours.

Then I went in today and they told me they hired another person and wanted to see who was a better person to keep. So now I have to wait till they close to call me and tell me if I still have a job or not.

tis annoying.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:39 pm
That doesn't seem like somethin' that should be legal to do. It's incredibly cruel. They should just pick one person and be done with it. It's obnoxious how many hoops people have to jump through nowadays to get a job.

Either way, I hope you get it, or rather, still have it!  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:46 pm
Semok
That doesn't seem like somethin' that should be legal to do. It's incredibly cruel. They should just pick one person and be done with it. It's obnoxious how many hoops people have to jump through nowadays to get a job.

I've pretty much assumed I don't. They need someone with experience to fill in when the manager is away next week. So the fact that I am not experienced means they probably found someone who may work better.

This was just a temporary job to pay my bills while I keep looking for a real job. But it just sucks that they hired me and then had me come in today and told me to go home.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:51 pm
cool4
Semok

I've pretty much assumed I don't. They need someone with experience to fill in when the manager is away next week. So the fact that I am not experienced means they probably found someone who may work better.

This was just a temporary job to pay my bills while I keep looking for a real job. But it just sucks that they hired me and then had me come in today and told me to go home.

Yeah, that's really lame. I still think it's unfair. Once they've hired a person, that should be it. People should have some sense of security in maintainin' their job as long as they work well and such.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:56 pm
Semok
cool4
Semok

Yeah, that's really lame. I still think it's unfair. Once they've hired a person, that should be it. People should have some sense of security in maintainin' their job as long as they work well and such.

yesterday was my first day, but they told me to observe them. Then kept me in the backroom the entire time to organize. So It's not like they gave me a real chance.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:03 pm
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok

yesterday was my first day, but they told me to observe them. Then kept me in the backroom the entire time to organize. So It's not like they gave me a real chance.

Should poop on one of their cars or somethin'. That's what I'd do.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:38 pm
They haven't called, so I decided they went with the other person.

I've also decided people that do s**t like this aren't worth working for.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:15 pm
This was in Torronto? I'll go over there and handle this. What's the address?  

Dannyxcores
Crew

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:56 am
setneufis
This was in Torronto? I'll go over there and handle this. What's the address?

not Toronto, this was Victoria.  
River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff