Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply The Official Pokemon Guild
TOPG Hang Out Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:42 am
Greetings, guys and gals. Welcome to the official Official Pokémon Guild hang out thread!

This is the place to go if you want to tell the rest of the guild a bit about yourself, and get to know everyone else. If you're new or old, just drop a post and start chatting. It can be about anything you'd like (within reason), so just relax and don't worry about keeping things on topic.

Big shout-out to Akemi for suggesting this thread. Thanking you kindly 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:50 am
I guess I'll start ninja

Hi. I'm Marsuru. I'm TOPG's newish Vice Captain. Some of the older members might recognise me (some might not) as being on-and-off crew here over the years. I tend to stick around the RP Subforum, but I'm here to help anyone who needs it if I can.

Been playing pokémon since I was 11, which was quite a while ago. Yay.

So.

Yeah.

mrgreen  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:01 am
I started when it all came to the states. My mom kept having to buy us new copies cause my little brother or I would lose one. He was Red, I was Blue, but we'd both choose Squirtle.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:35 am
Well, most people just call me by my Gaia name on here, though it's a female name, and I myself am a man. And people tend to keep calling me by this characters name even in spite of knowing that. So feel free to do the same if you wish. My actual name's Jerid.

I am a long time pokemon fan, dating way back to 1997, when it was brand new. I actually got into pokemon thanks to my brother, he was the one who got the red pokemon game for his birthday, and somehow I ended up with it, cause he didn't care for the game. So I played it for him. And I have been playing close to every pokemon game released in the states ever since. I also watched the show for many year's, but when I turned about 23 or so, I finally grew out of it, and stopped watching it. That was about 5 year's ago. And I haven't seen any new episodes since than. I have no idea what goes on in the show now. Though I still love to rock the games. Those I don't think I'll really tire of. Even though they are the worst offenders of, rehashing the same thing over and over. It still works. Plus their little spin off games, like Pokemon Mystery Dungeons is pretty sweet too.  

Akemi Chikako

Aged Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:25 am
I don't think I have more than five people I know from the internet, out of several dozen, that use my real name and half of those people were told my real name upfront instead of getting a screen name.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:46 pm
Spinne Biss
I don't think I have more than five people I know from the internet, out of several dozen, that use my real name and half of those people were told my real name upfront instead of getting a screen name.

I've gone by so many names both on an off line, I'm honestly more surprised when people actually do use my real name.

Actually, for a while someone called for "Poke-Kid". At work. Which was just... funny for me cause I worked around a lot of older people who don't actually know what pokemon is. So they never got the nickname. Later found out they assumed I was good at poker or something.

Which I am actually quite horrid at. :Ninja:  

Akemi Chikako

Aged Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:22 am
I once had a manager who called me by something new every time he saw me. I did buy pokemon cards all the time, which was something I ended up known for. One manager asked me to teach him how to play cause his kids did.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:59 am
I bought the cards for a while myself. But that didn't last too long. I never learned how to play the card game though. Didn't stop me from making up my own game though! And anyone who questioned my rules, was fed to the Sarlacc Pit! >x>  

Akemi Chikako

Aged Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Hunter of the dusk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:48 pm
I started playing pokemon with Red version when it came out. I was a big fan of the show for a few years back then, but the games became really important to me because I was the youngest of 3, and all of the video games and systems belonged to my older siblings and I could only play them when they were around. Pokemon red, along with my gameboy pocket, was the first gaming experience that was just mine. It then became a way to make friends with the other people at my school that played pokemon.

Most of my friends moved onto other things in time, but I'll never tire of pokemon.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:33 am
Hi there ninja

I'm Shiden just wanna say thank you for accepting my request to join this guild. First off I'm a returning Gaian so I missed a lot of cool things especially events. Imma HUGE pokemon fan to the point of just saying it rofl 3 Favorite Pokemon. 1. Greninja 2. Ampharous 3 Zangoose. I'm a sucker for ninjas i just think they so kewl... and that reflects on my pokemon team (or at least leader) which includes Ninja-like pokemon biggrin .

Well that it for me biggrin  

Shiden089

Hilarious Genius

2,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Akemi Chikako

Aged Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:43 pm
That's coo'z. I personally tick to the old school, charmeleon, sandslash, and the ever lovable Pikachu!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:56 pm
Hullo. Im Vanity. Not the real D Vanity unfortunately. Real name is Pat. Dont care who knows. I've been playing since red n blue. Played every main series and ranger game since. Favorite pokemon will always and forever be Nidoking. Him then followed by scraggy, and Kabutops. All i can think to say right now.  

Hex Sableye

Newbie Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Jack-pot 100

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:21 pm
Come on guys, let's at least get this thread off its first page! dramallama  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:51 pm
Marsuru

How about pairing this thread with like a TinyChat page where we could enter polyuser vid-chats/IM discussions with users that are currently online so that it goes from being a "snail mail discussion" to "real time discussion" for members that want to do it with one another? I was once a member of a Guild called Harmony Harmony (No longer active since it Guild hopped to a new Guild, which I was kicked outtuva simply because I was too controversial with my "troll-esque" posting style of RPing as my main RP character outside of RPs and enough users didn't like that. Didn't matter that they were mostly the less active members at all, but hey w/e life moves on, right?) and in that Guild it was a very popular offsite bonus feature that was used very often.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:04 am
Kor Saiyajinkami
Marsuru

How about pairing this thread with like a TinyChat page where we could enter polyuser vid-chats/IM discussions with users that are currently online so that it goes from being a "snail mail discussion" to "real time discussion" for members that want to do it with one another? I was once a member of a Guild called Harmony Harmony and in that Guild it was a very popular offsite bonus feature that was used very often.

Dude, we've already got a guild chat but I've never seen anyone use it.  
The Official Pokemon Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff