Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] A Side of Friendship (Arorangi & Abbi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:56 am
He decided the cafeteria was probably the best spot to be.

For one reason, it had food. Not really very exciting food (the MREs left a lot to be desired, but the fruit wasn't so bad, and neither was the pizza, though sometimes it was a bit chewier than preferred), but still food nonetheless. And since Arorangi was big on food (and just big in general), eating was an essential part of life.

For another reason, it was where a lot of people gathered, and it was here that Arorangi found he could not only observe people, but also get to know them. Already he'd made conversation with the hunters on duty in the kitchens, the janitorial staff, and the two giggling brunettes at the table next to his, though they had already left for their duty shifts.

Now Arorangi sat at a table somewhat near the front, legs propped up on the chair next to him, absently chewing on a granola bar. An empty bowl of what had once held cereal was in front of him, and there were several bags of chips on the tray as well - though only one actually still had chips in it.

Arorangi was contemplating life. And trying to figure out what he wanted to do next, if training or a duty shift was more important.

ayeavast
wow look at this totally lame intro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:07 pm
"Yeah, but like... My caloric intake is really high!" Abbi told the lunch attendant behind the counter who was holding a bag of chips back and away from the girl. It didn't help that Abbi had felt it prudent to bend as far onto the sneeze guard that separated them as she could without actually crawling up onto it.
She was only about two sentences from doing just such a thing, though.

The lunch attendant rose an eyebrow at her and the girl, in return, gave a very teenagerish sigh.
"Look. I know it sounds... Greedy or whatever but... I just started running really hardcore and I've been feeling kind of shaky after my laps." A flash and flutter of big blues was given, even if she still hadn't gotten off the sneeze guard. "I talked to someone in the Life Labs and they said I wasn't getting enough calories. So... Please?" One pale hand reached up to lay over the top of the plastic, her palm flexing twice in a motion of grabby hands. Another bat of her lashes was given before the attendant sighed.

"No."
"OH COME ON." Now she really tried to crawl on top of the thing, which was a little difficult given no foot holds, but Abbi was a persistent little thing as well as really hungry. "PLLEEEAAASEEEEE???"

kuroopu
look at this totally lame reply ide

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:10 pm
There was a young woman with brightly colored hair standing in line for food that Arorangi was finding particularly interesting. She had been attempting for some time to persuade the attendants behind the line to give her the food she wanted, but it was very clear that they were telling her no. Arorangi watched her for a few moments, eyebrows drawing together in consternation, before he finally pushed himself to his feet and lumbered over to where she was.

A heavy, tattooed hand fell on the girl's shoulder but if she looked at him, she would see that he wore a very kind, bright smile on his dark skinned face. Arorangi beamed down at her and gave her shoulder what was obviously supposed to be a reassuring squeeze.

"Greetings, aroha!" he said cheerfully. "I see that you are having some difficulties; would you care to join me at my table? I have extra, you see!" Arorangi added, and pointed across the cafeteria to where he'd been sitting, several bags of chips still on the table.

"My name is Arorangi, by the way!"

ayeavast

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:10 pm
When the hand came down on Abbi's shoulder, two things happened at once.
The first was that the teen lost what little grip her foot had managed on the cart so that she fell one tiny little inch back down to the ground on flat feet proper, and the second was that she realized perhaps the cafeteria worker had summoned aid.
Frightened that she could get in trouble (she was such a good girl! She always chose the Paragon option and never did anything wrong! At least not intentionally!), she whirled around to look at what she thought would be the person's face only to find her eyes looking at a collarbone. Quick to angle her head up, Abbi nearly tried to bolt but paused to hear the man's words.
"Aroha?" Was finally what she settled on.

Now distracted from her task, she turned to fully face the man, blinking blue eyes up at him for a second.
"Extra... Oh... OH YEAH! Sure, that'd be great!" It took her a moment, mostly because she was still in the mindset that he was going to scold her, but once she caught up she turned all bright smiles. With a exaggerated gesture of splayed fingers and bouncing, she turned to give a stern, sour lemon face at the cafeteria attendant before she looked back at the taller man.
A pale, freckled hand shot out toward him.
"Hello Aroha Arorangi! Nice to meet ya, I'm Abbi Killian! Moon Division! Trainee for now!" That was a very important distinction because yanno, she was expecting her promotion notice any second now.
"Thanks for the invite! I was gonna sit by myself but like... This is way better!" Quick as she could she snatched up the tray the attendant had initially set out on the counter for her with her original serving size and waited to follow the exotic man back to his table. Maybe he would tell her what aroha meant and oh! She bet he even knew that word Milo said all the time because obviously those two languages were connected how could they not be.

Kuroopu

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:27 pm
He hadn't squished her, but he'd felt her sink just a tiny bit down, as though she'd shrunk an inch or two. Arorangi was mildly concerned that he'd startled her or maybe even injured her in his enthusiastic greeting, but then he realized she'd been standing on tiptoe and had just fallen back down to flat feet. Now she was looking at him with wide eyes and a cheerful face, and Arorangi relaxed, one hand sliding into the pocket of his khaki shorts.

"Aroha!" he said cheerfully. "It is a term of endearment! It means dear, or sweetheart! I trust you know what those are! And it is a pleasure to meet you, Abbi Killian!" Arorangi added as she introduced herself. He gave her a mock salute, two fingers against his brow, a wide smile on his face. "I am of the noble Mist Division myself, and also a trainee!"

He gestured for her to follow him, and made his way back towards the table he'd been sitting at. Once there, Arorangi graciously pulled out the chair and gestured for her to sit first before he took his own seat, sweeping his dreads off of his shoulder.

"It is always good to eat with people!" he said. "Having meals with someone is the best way to bond!"

ayeavast
arorangi is a cheeseball

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:26 pm
"'Aroha' sounds way better than someone calling me 'sweetheart'." She told him with a thoughtful frown that lasted only a moment before it turned into a bright grin. "You're really tall. I bet you get that a lot." It still felt important to point out, similar to how sometimes people told her what hair color she had. Later she might feel silly about that very obvious assessment, but for now she was pleased with her pointing out of the obvious.
The salute was returned with equal fervor, though Abbi's included a juice box that she had failed to let go of from her tray before she mimicked the action, but failed to diminish her enthusiasm all the same.
"Oooohhhh a Misty! I've got some friends there, they're super sweethearts so I'm sure you'll get on just fine!"

Similar to some small, bouncy creature she followed the man, sure to poke her head on either side of his shoulder as she shadowed his heels.
"I don't always have lunch with others, but when I do... Its with someone super awesome!" Would he get that joke? Even if he didn't, Abbi let her tray clatter to the table before she crawled onto the seat with equal loudness and set about arranging things by color and what she wanted to eat first.
"So how long have ya been on the Island? I bet you're from an Island already, you got a... Beachy look to you." If that was a rude assessment to make, the girl completely missed it as she instead focused on properly distributing what little cheese was in her macaroni and cheese.

kuroopu
But the cutest of cheeseballs emotion_kirakira

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:36 pm
He beamed at her. "It is the language of my country!" he said proudly. "I am glad to be able to share it with others, even if it is just a small and simple thing! It brings me happiness to know that others are learning of it, especially pretty girls such as yourself!"

Arorangi gave Abbi a teasing wink and then added, "Yes, I have heard that quite a bit! But I do not see myself as tall, merely average. Everyone in Auckland is big boned, so we are a large group of people! It is very pleasant to be around, and very pleasing to see. But I must admit, I very much enjoy seeing the difference of people here!" Arorangi said brightly. "There are so many different types of people and I am very glad to see them and to get to know them!

At the table, Arorangi reached for the bag of chips and nudged it towards Abbi, gesturing for her to take it as he leaned back in his chair. "I am pleased to hear that you think I am super awesome," he said, laughing, and completely missing the joke, but finding it entertaining all the same. "And I have been on the island for only a few days, aroha! But I have found it very nice indeed."

He grinned. "That is because I like the beach!" said Arorangi happily. "It is my favorite place to be. Where is your favorite place?"

ayeavast
emotion_kirakira

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:53 pm
A nervous giggle left the girl at being called pretty, her cheeks flushing half because she felt stupid over laughing and half because she wasn't used to comments like that. Already the man was gaining some serious points in her Book of Cool People, even if she was pretty certain he talked like this to everyone. Didn't mean she couldn't still enjoy it.
"Auckland? Like... New Zealand?" The juice box she had yet to drop, and instead had been attempting to stab with a straw, was finally let go of so the teen could instead clap her hands together once. "Oh! That's what your accent was! I couldn't place it, I mean its not like I'm super good at them or anything anyways but... Ok! Cool!" For a moment longer she smiled at him, absently thinking how accents were so neat and she wish she had a better one beyond just a few vowels she pronounced a little differently. Having totally forgotten that she probably shouldn't stare at people, Abbi returned to stabbing her juice box and eventually got it managed.
"What's it like over there? I never got a chance to go. Maybe one day I'll take a mission over there... See like... Some Lord of the Rings sights and stuff." Yes, excellent plan!

"There are lots of people here... So like, who's the most interesting you've seen?" Yes, Abbi wanted to bond over people watching.
The gesture to take the chips was replied with an excited wiggle, along with a bright smile as means of thanks. Instead of eating the chips, the girl leaned closer to the man and put her hand next to her mouth as a motion to whisper, only she hadn't dropped the chips so she half spoke into the bag.
"I should be going on my promotion mission soon and I don't know where I'm going, so I'm squirreling away food in case they send me someplace weird!" The pointer finger of her free hand tapped the side of head, her 'look how smart I am' gesture before she shoved the bag into one of her coat pockets.
"Thank you, B-T-W."

As for his question, Abbi considered it over a few sips of juice.
"I like the beach a lot too. But I also like Grand Central Station in New York City." A second later she realized he might not be familiar with it and so she sat up straighter and introduced her hands into the air to gesture wildly. "Its this big station where all the trains go and come from and its super bustly! There's always a WHOLE BUNCH of people there and the ceiling is green with little lights in it to look like stars! But even better they're scattered in the same positions as the zodiac constellations, its so, so cool!"

Kuroopu

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:50 pm
"New Zealand, yes!" said Arorangi, beaming at Abbi. "I was born and raised as a Kiwi; in Auckland, though I have been all over both the northern and the southern islands! When I was fifteen I moved to the States, and that was five years ago, so now I am here, at Deus, where my story now begins!"

He was clearly excessively fond of his hometown, Arorangi giving the girl a bright smile. "It is beautiful," he said. "I never went to the filming of the Lord of the Rings movies, but I have been to the land they used for filming the Shire afterwards; it is a very lovely place, and they have kept the doors where the Hobbit houses are!"

Reaching for a granola bar, Arorangi unwrapped it and took a large bite of it, chewing thoughtfully. "I have met another kiwi!" he said brightly. "His name is Zac, and he is also from Auckland! We met just the other day, and he is a good guy, I like him! But I have also met some very lovely people like Oliver - he is very shy, but he is a good kid - and Lydia, who is very cheerful and fun, and Cee, who is very confident, but I like that confidence! And now I have met you," he added with a wink, Arorangi grinning in Abbi's direction. "No two people are alike, I very much like to see them when they are different! It makes things more interesting!"

He gave her a thumbs up. "Congratulations that you are being promoted!" he said, genuinely pleased for her, in spite of having only just met her. "It will be a while until I am ready for promotion, I think, but I am not too worried. I will just take my time! It does not need to be rushed."

Arorangi had never been to New York City, and he listened in rapt attention as Abbi described it, finishing off his granola bar and then leaning forward with his elbows on the tabletop, his chin resting in his hands. "That sounds as though it would be a lot of fun!" he said, tapping a finger against his cheek in thought. "I have not ever been to the eastern coast of the States, but I have always wanted to go to the City! I do love to see the stars, so I would love to see this interpretation of them!"

He gave a laugh and leaned back in his chair, grinning broadly. "You are a very interesting person, aroha!"

ayeavast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:08 pm
"So you're... 20!" Ah, yes! Another interesting fact to file away about Sir Arorangi (who was definitely a sir given how polite and tall he was).
"Where in the states did you live? If its ok to ask... Sorry if I'm being nosy!" Maybe being nosy was bad, but he seemed like a really nice guy who didn't mind someone asking him questions! But maybe he was the kind of person who was too nice and wouldn't tell her off even if he was upset...
Unfortunately, Abbi just couldn't stop her enthusiasm and proceeded to grip the table when mentioned hobbit doors.
"They left the doors?" She asked in a rather serious voice, as though this were something far more important than just a movie prop. "I have to go to there."

After another few deep breaths to calm herself over the idea that this magical land was still intact, the teen finally moved on to another piece of food on her tray. She nibbled thoughtfully while the man talked, trying to imagine the people since she didn't know them. When he finally finished with her, Abbi grinned at him, a lopsided almost bashful sort of smile.
"I've not met anyone in that list, but they sound really cool! I hope we can all be friends! That would be a lot of fun!"
She nodded solemnly at no two people being alike, thinking that she hadn't met anyone who was exceptionally unique and honestly, she preferred things that way. Real life felt boring compared to Deus, more than just all the spooky things and the cool weapons, but there were such interesting personalities on the Island! It certainly kept things from getting boring.

"Thanks! Let's just hope it goes well." Abbi sighed, shoving the worries about what could go wrong down in favor of balling her fists up to cheer Arorangi on. "That's ok! Taking your time is way, way, waaaaay better than rushing into it! There's so much to learn an-and mistakes to make! So take your time and do what you need to prepare yourself!" As with any good speech, she nodded sharply once, hard enough to send her pigtails into the air for a moment.
"But if you ever need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask! I'm working on becoming a medic, but I've done a few of the training stuff and I can always spar with you if you need it!"

Being complimented as a very interesting person made the girl flush, laugh and try to hide her face behind a hand that conveniently needed to tuck some part of her hair behind her ear.
"You're sweet, but thanks." The lopsided grin was back before she focused on nibbling more food.
"So uh... You like Lord of the Rings?"

Kuroopu

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:57 pm
"Yes!" said Arorangi with a smile. "I just turned 20 a few weeks ago, actually, right before I came to Deus! And please, please, do not worry about being nosy," he said quickly, waving a large, tattooed hand at Abbi. "I do not mind answering questions, I will be as honest with you as you would like me to be!"

He reached for an apple next, taking a huge bite and swallowing after a moment. "I lived in Nebraska," he answered with a smile. "It was a very flat place but it was very lovely, and I had some lovely people around. And maybe one day you will get to go to New Zealand and then you will be able to see the Hobbit doors for yourself!"

Aorangi beamed at her. "I will be friends with you!" he said brightly, and the sincerity of his tone was unmistakable. "One can never have too many friends, I like surrounding myself with a lot of people because people make life more interesting!"

Abbi's bashfulness, her shy smile, and her blushes were all very endearing to someone like Arorangi, who thrived on making people smile. He leaned an elbow back on the table and finished off the apple, setting it down on his tray and giving Abbi his full attention.

"I love movies!" he said enthusiastically. "Lord of the Rings is one of my favorites, though I also very much enjoy the Bourne trilogy and anything action and adventure is good for me! I do not like those recent comedies very much; they all seem a little silly for me. But I like romance movies too, they are cute! What movies do you like?"

ayeavast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:04 pm
Wow, a birthday right before he came to Deus!
"I hope you threw a big party before you left!" She chirped with a laugh that only did a little to cover the bitter taste in her mouth. A full week after her own wake up in Deus she had had a birthday and known no one enough to celebrate it. Hopefully this year things would be different, but the girl only forced another smile and nod at her new friend.
"Never been to Nebraska. Was close to it, though! We went on vacation to Colorado once when I was like... I think I was 15? Or 14, whichever. It was really pretty!" But it wasn't where he was from, so it didn't quite match up.
Once again she nodded about visiting various places, poking at what remained on her tray for a bit longer. Not really sure what to say, she hadn't fully developed the ability to seamlessly talk with people about normal topics of conversations, the teen amused herself with trying to decide whether to eat the main entree of her MRE or not.

The movie question brought her back around, however, and she listened with her head tilted in his direction as she nibbled on something else a bit more.
"So I'm guessing the more explosions, the better?" Those kinds of movies never interested her, she hadn't seen the Bourne trilogy and unfortunately could not comment on it though Abbi would have loved to been able to. Arorangi seemed like a really cool person and the teen did so wish they could bond over something other than Hobbit doors.
"Yeah, I haven't really liked any recent comedies much... Oh um! I really like uh superhero movies? And all the old like.. Sci-fi remakes. Anything nerdy." But she dropped what she was eating to whirl on him, as she'd just remembered.
"But I really like the old timey romance movies! Like all the Jane Austen ones! The recent Pride and Prejudice is my favorite!" How dreamy Mr. Darcy was!

A little curious thing had begun to wander in the girl's head and she could not let it go fully, leaning back a little to peer up at him for a moment before she quickly returned her gaze to her food.
"So if you just turned 20... Did you go to school? Before Deus?" He had said he would be honest... So what harm was there in asking?

kuroopu
hi i'm the worst at tags I'm so sorry ilu

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out