Submit

Leprechaun_Sean

Loyal Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:02 pm
Can some one explain the myths of it to me?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:20 pm
Uh...like what?  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Leprechaun_Sean

Loyal Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:50 pm
Mama Ame
Uh...like what?

Over-emotionalness, irrational thinking, being set off by slight comments. Stuff like that. Those ones are myths right?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:12 pm
It's very true but not so exaggerated haha  

ChompIified

O.G. Fatcat

8,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:13 pm
Try having to live with pain of cramps down south all day and tell me you're not either irritable or tired.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:33 pm
Speaking as a man who menstruates, you don't have to be irritable. But many women buy into the myth as much as men do and think they have a right to special treatment and/or bitching rights during that particular time.

Yes, being in pain blows major a**. Taking it out on everyone else? That's a choice.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Minnta Aloripma

Dangerous Storyteller

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:44 pm
I can't speak for all women and people who menstruate, but... Little things tend to seem more irritating to me during it due to cramps and me having a pitifully low pain tolerance. I'm also a lot more tired which makes me more likely to get a little snippy with people and less likely to think before I speak, though I'm luckily a not very talkative person so it's usually not very noticeable unless your family and close friends.

Everyone is different though, so others have different issues with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:22 am
Minnta Aloripma
I can't speak for all women and people who menstruate,

heart  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:38 am
I b***h about it to my boyfriend, and tell him to magically make the cramps go away. He responds by mocking me and sending me the xkcd comic: http://xkcd.com/594/  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:42 am
Of course one shouldn't leave out the uncomfortable bleeding. Especially times of heavy flow because it comes down like a waterfall. cat_gonk

Oh, and the cramps kinda comes and goes for me, but they can be really painful. I had to leave school once because my cramp was too intense and as soon as I left the building, it's gone like magic! I'm not even kidding. cat_eek

And finally, the whole process gets even worse if you're prone to migraines. Good luck trying to sleep that off. cat_xp

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

DestineChaos

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:11 am
The whole turning into a demon thing is a little off base. However lets be fair here. Anything that has intense cramps out the yin-yang and bleeds for a week (and ceases to die) has a cause to be a little irritated at things all things considered.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:11 am
Well not everyone does. I don't for instance. On 'special occasions' I get extreme cramping but I don't usually have any cramps. Nor do I tend to feel or act any different, other than not wanting to get up from the couch. Whereas a girl in my school (When I was in high school) would have to be taken to the emergency room because they were so bad. It's just different in every girl/woman/person who menstruates,  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:42 am
I get overly emotional. Which is why I choose to become a hermit. So I don't b***h anyone out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:03 am
As some have already stated, every woman is different when dealing with their menstruation. Some exhibit more differences than others.

For me, I only get overemotional or irritated on the first day when I'm dealing with cramps... which is understandable considering the amount of pain one can deal with if the cramps are pretty bad. I also tend to become a bit lethargic during that day as well; the cramps zap my energy level if they're pretty bad. However, once I'm done with the first day of cramps, I'm back to my normal self and you wouldn't know that I was menstruating.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:40 pm
Zphal
Speaking as a man who menstruates, you don't have to be irritable. But many women buy into the myth as much as men do and think they have a right to special treatment and/or bitching rights during that particular time.

Yes, being in pain blows major a**. Taking it out on everyone else? That's a choice.
AGREED.

I mean, I have no doubts that some women DO have legitimate hormonal imbalances that cause irritability and anxiety (like my mother), but I've personally found it to be more of a mindset than anything. I've fallen into that "I've gotta be miserable because I'm female and bleeding from my meat-crater" mindset before in the past, but then the guyish half of my brain was all "Pffft. Bro, why are you getting upset over something so petty?" and I essentially end up laughing at myself and naturally wind up in a better mood because of it. xd  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff