Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:46 pm
User Image

Was the sky blue overhead or gray? Was it night or was it day?

Lafiel had absolutely no concept of time as he lay motionless where he had fallen after his adrenaline driven escape. Though fear still clung to him like the stench of the place in which he was held captive he was constantly reassuring himself by focusing on the differences. In this place there were no cries of pain or terror, the ground was not unforgiving and covered in sludge. In this place echoed the soft chirping of crickets warmed by a tepid breeze and he could feel the life flowing through the ground he rested upon. He began to count his breaths, mumbling softly as his belly rose and fell as he catalogued each inhalation of freedom. At moments he would doubt his own senses, expecting to awaken from this pleasant yet tainted dream in a matter of seconds but still the setting remained the same. He desperately wished he could open his eyes as a way of proving to himself that this was not merely his subconscious misleading him.

Those monsters had taken that from him. A heaviness once again settled over him as the realization that he would never again look upon the ethereal pale glow of the moon nor the faraway burning of the stars struck him. The faces of those he would encounter would remain as an unsolvable mystery and all of the brilliant colors this world had to offer would be lost to him. His heart soured in his breast as he withdrew into the world of darkness that had become his reality. Though he wished for tears in order to mourn none would flow from his mangled eyes. Instead he clenched his teeth and fought to swallow the lump in his throat.

Though without sight Lafiel knew how terrible he looked. He could feel the unidentifiable crusty layer engulfing his coat, smell the stench of his hooves rotting from standing in waste for far too long, and the tangled, matted mess that was his mane and tail splayed all around him. Though he had decided to cling to life and fight to find a way to enjoy it once more he allowed himself this time to admit that he was broken. At present he had little to no spark of fight left in his weak body, he wished only to remain in this spot as stationary as a great boulder.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:08 am
User ImageEvening was drawing forth in the lands, a system was slowly moving in from the distant bay with dark clouds promising thunder and lightning. The sun slowly was being consumed in appearance by the dark clouds; a sure sign that one little usdia would need to head back to camp with her beloved familiar.

Ikinya had left Big Mama 'Bev' back in the little thicket they would call home for the evening - having left her and the little filly Jahzara in her care. The little girl insisted to go 'camping' and find some pretty rocks and gems; but was getting bored being in Big Mama's carrying saddle while the two adults could make more time without having to wait on her little legs. Wanting to play in the stream, Ikinya decided to let the two stay and play while she'd go find a spot where they could hunt for some gems; and thus had lead her to be by herself for the time being. She'd found a suitable spot which appeared to have some quartz looking rocks, but with the impending weather it would seem it would need to wait till tomorrow's light.

As she was moving along, the little mare could smell something amiss with the surrounding area; almost as if something dead was lingering in the area. Her trot had slowed to a halt as she pondered if it could be the likes of a walker; permeating with death and following her? Her ears began to rotate atop of her skull, her eyes looking into the stretching shadows to see nothing...how odd. There! She heard something....it sounded like breathing; but with the way the forest was silencing she could pick it out. Slowly, carefully, she began to move to the direction she could hear the breath; there were a lot of black looking objects which could have been something deadly - but all ended up being simply shadow's trickery once she approached with the utmost caution.

Suddenly in her view she could see a black mass - true this time and no play of the shadows. It was a bit hard to tell where it began and where it ended; it seemed to be a mess of...hair? Feathers? What was all that stuff even on it? Well, as she got closer she could tell exactly what it was and of course what the mass was. Her eyes widened as her breath hitched in her throat at the sight before her; it gave her horrific flashbacks of what befell some of her usdia kin to the predators of the wild. He was so filthy, so hurt....if she didn't hear his breathing she would have thought he was but a corpse at this point.

"Y-y-you poor...thing." She breathed on a shaken breath, trying to fight back breaking down at the sight as she moved forward to find his face...who could do something like this. His eyes....she could see them thanks to the gravity having pulled his bangs back. "What on earth has happened to you..." Ikinya's warm tones saddened, knowing there was truly little she could do to make it better. She had no healing powers - even though by the looks of it even if she did it would be a little too late. She was but a mere foot from his face; with his condition she didn't feel there was anything to fear; Ikinya just didn't get the vibe from him.

XBlind-DarknessX

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:55 pm
The approach of the small mare was masked by the flurry of stimulation muddling his senses. He hadn’t yet learned how to compensate for his blindness with his other senses and as such he was in a very vulnerable state at present. Had a Skinwalker in search of a meal come across him he would have been unable to put up much of a struggle; even as a purebred Angeni. None of that mattered to him much at the moment though as he allowed his head to rest on the fragrant grass, a pillow he had long since longed for.

Yet again a tender voice reached out to bridge the distance between the blackness encompassing him and the light he sought. At first he thought it was nothing more than a mere delusion of his mother’s warmth and affection resurfacing, but there was something different. Though this voice had a mothering quality it sounded nothing like his dam. His ears slowly pricked forward and he weakly lifted his head from the earth, each of his neck muscles trembling from the effort. “Hello?” He responded feebly. “Is someone there?” His head swayed this way and that as he attempted to ‘see’ whoever was there though it dawned on him that it was for not.

Painfully he attempted to rearrange his wings and posture so that he could sit up to meet the source of the voice but he only ended up agitating the parts of his body that had yet to heal from the ordeal. With a wince he allowed his head to fall limp upon the ground once more with a hollow chuckle. “You will have to forgive me. I will not be the best of hosts at present.”

Tirokio
I am so sorry that took so flubbing long!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:30 pm
User Image

As she looked at the withered Angeni before her, knowing how proud this breed of Soquili could be not only from her own beloved but of friends as well - it tore at her heart to see such a sight before her. His every movement made her want to plead with him to not move a muscle....the pain must have been horrendous if he'd been just laying here for far too long. Another step closer, Ikinya didn't want to frighten him, because whatever did this could have been still around, could have been haunting his every moment. She didn't know what turmoil he'd been through, but by the mere look of him he'd barely made it as is.

"Yes..." She spoke softly, watching him try and locate her as she was aware his eyes could not see - his hearing from the looks of his actions perhaps unable to compensate. Who knew, under that mess of hair there could have been more injuries the eye couldn't see. "I'm here....my name is Ikinya..." Although...that would mean little to someone.

Her whole body winced as his head promptly fell back to the ground, he'd not even the energy to keep his head up.
It was absolutely horrific.

Without fear she'd closed the gap between them; leaning her head down and pressing the bridge of her snout against his nose; perhaps he could still smell her - feel with his nose how tiny she was and posed no threat. "There is nothing to forgive...please - don't move." In truth, she should ask for him to forgive her. She was no healer, not even large enough to assist the stallion in any such way; probably not the kind of help one would hope to have run across one's self in such a situation. "I wish I could heal you....I'm just an Usdia though..." Her voice wavered, even up close the state he was in seemed to get worse and worse. "How long have you been like this..?"

XBlind-DarknessX
No worries! I apologize for the delay too @@; got a little hectic with end of summer here xD

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:06 pm
Regardless of whether or not the mare currently taking such care to comfort him was his mother or not, he still felt safe and warm. The bitterness that had begun to cling to his heart receded ever so slightly as she continued to speak to him. He wouldn’t have blamed her for leaving him for dead; after all he wasn’t positive that he wasn’t already at the threshold of the void. Yet she remained, and her voice acted almost like a salve to the wounds that plagued his broken body. “Ikinya.” He repeated quietly with a small grin. “This husk of a stallion before you is called Lafiel,” he paused for a laugh that he immediately regretted before continuing, “the Angeni of optimism.”

He knew the irony of his situation right as he stated it; it wasn’t every day that a Soquili chosen to represent optimism looked so terrible. Of course, it was due to the state that he was currently in that he had even been granted the power of optimism in the first place. Before his ordeal he had been an egotistical stud that had cared for nothing but pretty mares and reputation, but after being captured his priorities had shifted and he had finally become the leader he was meant to be. Albeit his leadership had come far too late as his herd had been laid to waste and his family left in ruin. His father would have been proud of the stallion he had become, he only wished it had not been so late.

His thoughts were pulled quickly back to the present as he felt the warmth of a touch upon his nose. At first he jerked weakly from the shock, but he soon settled in and even craved what he assumed to be the little nose consoling him. The only sensation he had felt for what had seemed like his entire life had been pain. Hot pricks here and there, blood running from fresh wounds, chains that were bound far too tightly, and probing hands unfeeling towards the plight of the living creature before them. He shuddered at the thought and felt the darkness seeping into his heart once more. He was glad she spoke once again and focused his energy on responding as opposed to reliving the past. “Just a Usidia? I would say you are a fair greater deal than just that, your presence is healing enough I assure you.” He inhaled deeply, enjoying the taste of fresh air once more and pondered how to answer her question. “I have been like this for what seems like an eternity. Myself and many others were captured by two legged beings with cruel intentions.” His nose wrinkled at the thought. “In truth, I have no idea how long they kept us…”

Tirokio

I am sooooooo sorry! I am attempting to make a comeback to soquili, I completely understand if you are no longer interested in rping these two, but I figured I owed you a response regardless. <3

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games