Ishiwa was having a nice day, relaxing and enjoying the sun for what it was. He smiled at the sky and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and letting its warmth sink into his light, creamy fur. He opened his eyes after a moment, examining the wisps of clouds that were floating lazily by on this warm day. It was not the best weather for being too long out in the sun, but it did make him appreciate the shade and a nice sunning rock that much more. There was always a bright side to things, and Ishiwa was the type that liked to focus on those thoughts.

Vizuri was a quiet female, but she wanted more than a quiet life for herself. She was actually more out going than she could really let on, and no one could understand that when she had no one around her. She did not make a lot of friends, and had not been able to find anyone, recently, to hang out with. She no longer lived with her family, and honestly, a lot of them were not very much fun to hang out with, anyway. Her father and at least two of her siblings were very clumsy and silly, and that could sometimes wear on even her infinite patience. Or maybe she had just spent so long with them, she had gotten complacent and then, through that, it started to seem more annoying than it really was.

Whatever the case, she was out and about, walking around parts of the pride she did not often visit, looking for something new to do. A change of routine: even a small adventure, if she could swing that.

What she found, though, was just another normal looking lion, who was sitting with his face turned up to the sky, presumably waiting for something to happen as well. Ishiwa was not expecting any company, or any event at all, so when she cleared her throat he nearly jumped out of his fur and looked at her with wide, almost fully dilated eyes. She blinked at him dumbly, not sure how she had managed to scare him so badly. Someone that jumpy probably had no business being out in public, did they? But she did not want to jump to conclusions, and instead, her usual reaction to such things came forward. She smiled easily at him, warmth in her gaze, and chuckled.

“I am very sorry, I did not mean to startle you that badly. Or at all, truth be told. I was just curious as to what you were doing.”

“I was just… looking at clouds. Ah. I’m okay. My name is Ishiwa, and it’s a pleasure to meet you. What brings you out here? It’s pretty quiet.”

“I was looking for something to make things less quiet, truth be told. My name is Vizuri, by the way. So ah. Looking at clouds, huh? That does not seem too interesting. Would you rather go and do something more active? We can go find a place to swim, since it’s so hot, or explore some rocks?”

He was suddenly her companion, whether he was expecting to be dragged into an adventure or not. She was always more bold, when there was someone there to share the adventure with. She was a better leader to others, rather than a motivator of herself. She wanted to let others have fun and follow her directions, but when it came to making herself do something, she found her habits were less get up and go and more… worry about it tomorrow. She could be a procrastinator, if left to her own devices, which was another reason why she felt like she was not meant to be alone all the time.

Ishiwa was on the opposite side of the scale. He always wanted to be around others, but he followed the leader, rather than take charge. He loved helping and guiding others, and this time was not really any different. If she wanted to go do something, he was more than happy to go along with her, and keep her company while she wanted it. He was just an amiable dude, and polite to a fault. Sometimes, he had a little trouble putting himself out there.

He swished his tail behind him, nodding.

“Well, I could do with some fun, so whatever you want to do, I am more than happy to!”

Vizuri laughed and nodded her head off to the side, indicating he should follow her. She turned and bounded off, making sure he realized she was going to run, so he could run after her. She wanted to find a nice spot to enjoy the terrain and play a bit, and there were plenty of rocks and crevices to explore in the pridal lands around them. She leaped over a ditch and he followed her lead, grinning and thinking that this was actually rather fun.

She chased him around a rocky area for a while, bouncing on the rocks and off of them, sometimes jumping over him, sometimes using them for distance boosts as she leaped off the rocks and just kept moving. He thought she was very graceful, and wondered if he would be that light on his feet if he practiced a bit more. Practice was not really something he was all that familiar with, though. He was just a moderate hunter, and did not spend extra time honing his skills, rather relying on instinct and what he had been taught, as he had been taught it. Vizuri practiced very hard to keep herself fit, and she wanted to prove that she was capable and strong, as well as kind. Her family had a bit of a reputation of being ‘fail faces’, as that was the nickname her father had earned over his life. He was clumsy and silly, but at least he was nice. She was going to keep the nice part, and just cut out the fail. She was more than her genetics.

Laughing, she skidded to a stop, Ishiwa coming to a stop nearby her after a moment, as he had been a bit behind.

“This is fun! We should meet again, the sun’s going down now. Do you want to come out here again tomorrow? We can play a bit.”

Word Count in Word: 1,056