User Image

Urza had done his job and announced the end of winter. It was sad for him, but as King, he had to make a warning to the whole pride. After the first summer they had had, it was a good reminder that things are dangerous. He wanted to make sure everyone
knew that and things would be good. He hoped this year wouldn't end up like last. It was a deepening thought with in him and it worried him.

Good news, however, from one of his seers, they had not seen anything that would alarm them. Of course, that was only slightly comforting as that wasn't always the truth in such things. He sighed. If only he knew what to expect! He had paced back and forth and everything seemed less comforting each day that passed. Why must he worry so much? Well, he couldn't help that too much. He sighed and flopped himself upon a rock over looking the center of the pride.

User Image

Natintrapa could watch no longer. She could see that he was upset,but she was unsure of what she could do to ease his mind. Things would be fine, she was sure of it. Of course, perhaps there was maybe something they, as a pride, could do to ease his mind. Or at least try to get his mind off of it. She moved towards him with a smile upon her face.

"You, my love, worry too much." She said with a purr to her voice. Surely, she did as well at times, but sometimes it wasn't good for a lion to worry so much. He would have more gray hairs than white in his mane soon. "Things will be fine this year." She said trying to reassure him, even though she knew it wasn't going to work. "I just feel it."

"Perhaps we should hold some snow games." She said with a nod and a smile. "It will cheer everyone up and yourself." She said with a nod. It was a good idea, and they could still easily watch things. They had enough guards of the land, and other's who knew what to watch for if something like last time were to happen. They may not have very many hares in the area, but they were growing slowly.

"We could celebrate the growth of the pride."

The last lion he wanted to see him like this was her. He sighed and sat up and looked towards the queen, the love of his life, the beauty of the land. He gave her a smile. "I cannot help but to worry, Natintrapa." He said with a bit of sorrow to his words. "These are my lions, our lions, and we must keep them safe." He sighed again. His mind was full of disasters. Things he could not control scared him more than anything. The sooner the summer months were over, the sooner he'd relax. He gave a smile, this time full.

"I shall try to worry less." Though the thought of what she proposed did seem to be quite the idea. Games to help keep them from fearing the summer months. Perhaps last year was just a bad summer. That didn't mean all summers would be bad, right? "You're right." he said with a confident nod. "We should probably hold snow games to keep those in better spirits."

He had noticed that everyone was on edge. They did have many guards that could help keep eyes out, and it had been quite nice seeing the pride slowly grow into what it had become. Still small, but quite healthy. Everyone seemed happy, and that was what mattered. "You always were the brains of us." He said with a smirk. She always had good ideas, though he supposed he could be a little bias on that.

She was glad he didn't reject her idea, though he never did for the most part. She moved closer and gave him a nuzzle before sitting back. "I care about them as much as you, my dear." She said with nodding her head and looking at him with pleading eyes. "Your health is just as important as their's are." She reminded him. "Who will care about the pride if you are unable to?" She smiled at him. Surely she could do it, but that wasn't her place. She was merely there to make sure he didn't mess up, and to keep him healthy.

She wasn't good at the other stuff, really. She still was unsure how to handle those that look up to her. Even if she felt she was no better or different from those in the pride. "See, it's a good idea." She nodded and gave him another nuzzle. "Plus, it'd give a chance for the cubs of the pride to have a little bit of fun, and the rest of the pride to get to know the little ones." She had notice there had been a few new cubs in the pride. It was good to make sure everyone new each other, then there would be little issues in the pride.

"It'd also give you a chance to have a little fun." She nudged him this time. She wasn't sure the last time she remembered seeing him enjoying some games.

He chuckled and nodded. "I know." It was strange how she could keep him together the way she did. If she wasn't around, he would have surely failed at being a king, she was the thing that kept him strong. He hadn't even thought about being in the games himself, though it was something that seemed good. Of course, it was a good idea for him to join in the fun. He really could use it. He chuckled again and nuzzled her back.

"Oh, I didn't even think about that. I figured I'd just judge the games." He nodded with a smile. "I certainly am not object to having a bit of fun." He knew he tried to be a good father to his cubs, but things always seemed to make it to where he had hardly any time with them. Now they were adults and he was sad that he wasn't there as much as he could. Being a king was harder than he though, but he knew his kids grew up well.

"Oh, I hadn't noticed there was new ones running around." He had more focused his time lately to the dangers of the pride than the members themselves. Again, he felt bad about that. This game would help redeem his focus back to those who needed it, he was sure.

"You're amazing"

"Hardly!" She said giggling and stood up. "If we are to do that, we should go and get things prepared before we announce it." She told him with a nod. "Maybe even get some of our children to help with the games to be done in it. She nodded and nudged him again. "Up, Let's get going!" She said trying to hurry him back to their den. There were many things they had to plan for if this was going to happen!

She nudged him one more time then vanished to the caves

He sighed and nodded. Stood and followed her. Things did indeed need to be planned out. It'd be a disaster running some sort of games without any thought at all of what was to happen. He chuckled to himself. Where would he be if he didn't have her?

-Finished-