Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:38 pm
User Image
User Image
((Note for those that aren't aware: The dwarves are short draft soquili. They're about the same height as kirin or flutters, they're just bulky, hairy, and bearded!))

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Frerin asked staring at the back of his sister’s neatly styled head as he followed her through the edges of the heavily guarded dwarf home. They were leaving the mountain side and heading out into the trading grounds, an area open to anyone and not just dwarves. They hadn’t brought along any guards, which Frerin wasn’t sure was such a good idea, and in their stead they had a small trail of familiars. Dis’s attendant raccoon Onar, the royal messenger Vestri, and a porcupine named Sebastian that was meant to offer them protection.

“We’ve had dealings with kalona before, Frerin. This is no different from those times…although they never were courteous enough to send word ahead of them.” Dis clicked her tongue in irritation as she remembered the poor manners of those kalona.

“That is not what I was talking about.” Frerin countered picking up his pace to come around in front and block his sister’s path. “I mean not telling Thorin. He is the king you know. At some point he’s going to hear about it.” Frerin pawed the ground anxiously with one white-socked foot. Frerin didn’t mind dealing with the types Thorin wanted nothing to do with, even elves. Those dealings, however, were usually conducted under Thorin’s command. It wasn’t really going behind the back of the kind that bothered him but more the fact that he was sneaking around behind his brother’s back. His brother that had a furious temper. His brother that could hold a grudge for an entire lifetime and probably longer. Loyalty to family was good and all but upsetting Thorin was akin to wishing for an early death.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:39 pm
Dis narrowed her eyes at her brother before pushing her way past him. “What do you propose? That we tell Thorin that the next thing closest to a dragon is coming into the valley? You know how that would end as well as I do. Thorin can yell at us for trading with them until his beard turns white for all I care. It would be better than turning a perfect business opportunity into a field for battle. They are willing to pay for our wares and I will let them do just that.” Dis flicked her tail and continued on her way. Frerin could whine about it all he wanted and even back out if he needed to. That wouldn’t stop Dis from conducting this business transaction.

Frerin frowned and watched as his sister left. He really hated it when she was right about these things.

Dis lead the small progression of familiars out past the border guards followed not long after by her brother. She could tell from the guards’ shuffling that they were not eager to let her pass unaccompanied but they did not stop her. The grounds were open to everyone and that included the royal family. Once out of sight of the guards Dis picked up her pace leading the way past the clusters of traders and out into the open. She would allow for this meeting and she would trade with them but there was no reason to let them too close to home.

Once she found a good spot, secluded but still comfortable, she settled in to wait. The meeting time was quickly approaching. It wouldn’t be long now.

Frerin came to a stop next to his sister and looked around carefully. “Well this looks like a good spot to be ambushed.” He said shaking his braided hair out.

Dis simply glared at her brother before refocusing her gaze on the distance. She would have been better off bringing her sons with as much use as Frerin was being.  

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:38 am
Ashemark the raven led the way for their small group. She had been the one carrying messages back and forth between the dwarves and the khalasar and as such, was the one who knew where to find the meeting place. Daenerys had decided only to bring with those involved, Illyria, Astucia, and Rallie. Ravindra came with as well, to do the monetary negotiations. From all rumors, the dwarves were a prickly bunch, but not inclined to murder well-meaning emissaries or customers. She didn't expect trouble, but even if there was, she had brought with enough able fighters to not worry.

Leaving the dragons behind didn't please her, but that was a necessity to keep things civil. Apparently the dwarves had previously been displaced by a draconic clan of soquili, and Daenerys didn't imagine they would take well to true dragons. Worried that her dragons would follow despite her commands, Daenerys had fed them to near bursting before leaving. Last she saw, the three of them were asleep in a pile on a sunny rock. She didn't imagine they'd wake up until morning.

"The meeting place is just up ahead," cawed Ashemark, fluttering from tree to tree in front of the soquili. "Not far, now."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:25 pm
Illyria had decided to stay on the ground the nearer they got to the area that they were supposed to meet this group. She had mused most of the way about what she wished to ask for. It felt strange to be so undecided. Most times Illyria had been so precise in her thoughts but now; it was unusual. She followed near the end of the group, lost in her own thoughts. Was it right to even accept this armor if she was only going to leave soon after?

(( Short post. ))  

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:19 pm

Astucia took up the back of the group. He felt it was a wise choice. Since Daenerys herself had left her dragons behind, he thought that he himself might be a trigger to these dwarves. He looked much like one of her own dragons, meeting him last would probably be best for this trade to go smoothly.

As he walked with a heavy step, he mused to himself exactly what he might ask for. He knew where he wanted the armor to be placed, so maybe it was best to leave the rest of the decisions up to the crafters themselves. He didn't want to upset them in any way. Certainly not to offend them. He figured that his appearance alone would probably be offensive enough.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:59 am
Dis and Frerin spotted the raven messenger first. Dis smiled and straightened into a more regal stance stating, "They seem to be a punctual sort." The smile faded as the group of equines came into view led by the mare that was presumably the "kalona" they were dealing with. The mare had scales like a dragon's covering her shoulders, back, and the top of her long tail. Dis clenched her teeth, it was definitely a good thing that she and Frerin had not included Thorin in this bit of business. She looked enough like a dragon that he would have tried to take her down on his own.

Frerin eyed his sister uneasily the moment the white mare came into view. She definitely looked like the type to set out and buy a nice set of armor or jewelry. He could see the gold glinting on her with every step. They were in for good business assuming that Dis didn't turn them away for the half-truth they had been fed. She was not just a kalona, but she wasn't one of the dragons that had forced them out of their home either.

"Dis? This is still okay." He said slowly without taking his eyes off of the approaching group.

Dis took a deep breath and relaxed her jaw. "I believe it will be, yes." She agreed though her voice was still tense. It wasn't a dragon, dragon's didn't really like to travel with non-dragons, or with anyone. This one had some sort of fancily winged orange fairy with her, a mare with wings bigger than Frerin, and a bald bulky deer too clunky to ever be considered an elf. Her eyes narrowed as a form appeared at the back, and also a second kalona.

Dis wondered how much they could charge without it sounding like the group was being over charged.

This was certainly going to be an interesting experience. Frerin could see his sister's stubborn pride starting to creep through at the edges. In the right, or wrong, circumstances she was just as bad as Thorin. He sincerely hoped this wasn't one of those cases.

Not wanting to give off the impression that they had no manners whatsoever Frerin stepped forward with a wide grin. "Welcome! You are the ones we've been speaking to about metal wares, correct?" He called with as much good will as he could manage. If Dis was going to be sour then he'd have to be twice as charming.

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:50 pm
Even a blind soquili could have noticed the blatant mistrust on the face of the stocky mare that stood before them. Daenerys had been prepared for this and set her expression to one of controlled neutrality. They had not done her any true insult yet, and it spoke well to their characters if they were able to surpass their natural prejudices to trade with her. Things were as civil as they needed to be for the moment, and she hoped they would stay that way.

"Well met, dwarves," said Daenerys as a greeting, stepping forward and stopping in front of them. "We do indeed come here seeking armor." She had heard that theirs was the best metalworking to be found this side of the Kawani lands, but she would not risk driving up the price to say so.

"I am Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen. Queen of Westeros. Khaleesi and alpha of my khalasar, the herd that I have gathered in these lands." She would have added 'mother of dragons' as well to her list of titles, but thought it might lessen the impact of her message. She wanted them to be impressed by her, not loathe her.

"These are my companions, warriors, and faithful attendants," she said, looking to her side as the others approached.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:52 pm
"I am Rallie," said Rallie, adding his own introduction. He had known that the dwarves were short soquili, but they were even smaller than he had imagined. They were just as heavily built as he was, but somehow no larger than a flutter. He did his best not to stare, but could not help but look a little surprised.

"And I am Ravindra," the flutter said next. "I am the master of coin for our herd, and I thank you for agreeing to trade with us." As the master of coin, he was in charge of the trade goods and precious artifacts of their herd. He would be the one doing most of the bargaining, he expected.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:50 pm
Illyria wasn't sure what she had expected so she was a little surprised at the appearance of the party that had come to meet with them. Knowing that it was impolite to stare so much the mare let her gaze wander around the clearing before coming to rest on the dwarves again. It was strange to see Soquili that were so different in appearance. Her wings rustled slightly as she discreetly observed the area. Hearing Daenerys, Rallie and Ravindra introduce themselves Illyria found that it was her turn suddenly. Her eyes locked on the dwarf that had spoken and dipped her head in reply to him.

"Thank you," Illyria paused for a moment before adding, "I am Illyria."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:38 pm

Astucia walked slowly behind the rest of the group. Being last in line had truly seemed to be a good idea when he looked at the Dwarves. As the female saw him, she seemed to tense up even more than he had imagined that they would be. He certainly didn't want to seem rude, so he made sure to keep his eyes on their own. He didn't want to take in the area and seem distant. And he didn't want to look at their own forms, the quick look of the short and stocky Soquili was a good enough look for himself. Eye contact was the best thing in these situations.

As he came to a stop near the others, he made sure to stay to the side, off a small distance from the Dwarves themselves. Not getting too close so they wouldn't tense up even more. He heard the greeting from the stallion and then heard each of his comrades, in turn, introduce themselves.

Deciding that it was a good idea, he followed suit. "I am Astucia Proteccio." He bowed lightly, keeping his eye contact.

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:07 pm
Frerin kept wary eyes on his sister as the group introduced themselves. After all, he was far more concerned about Dis making a scene than he was about the strangers starting something.

Dis, to her credit, managed to banish the threatening expression from her face. Although she was still tense it wouldn't be quite so obvious to the outsiders. She listened closely as each member of the party before them made there introductions. It was readily apparent which of them were used to such meetings and which had clearly never been in the presence of high born or nobility before. The second kalona in particular seemed highly uncomfortable, which, quite frankly, pleased Dis. She nodded ever so slightly to most of them giving only a full nod to Daenerys. A queen deserved her respect and out ranked her. As the third born to their father, the former king, may his spirit rest calmly in stone, she was still highly ranked. Being a woman she would never be allowed to claim the title of queen alone in their land. She would have to marry again and that would never happen.

"I am Dis. Third born and only daughter to King Thrain II of the Line of Durin, may he rest in peace." She replied clearly, projecting her voice so that it would carry over great distances without it turning into a shout. She wanted to make it very clear that if they needed any help it would be no trouble calling for it. She could certainly do business with these people but trusting them was entirely out of the question now that they had been so deceived.

Frerin wanted to sigh. He would have if it wouldn't have been considered rude to their guests. Dis kept saying that she could do this and that things would be fine but she kept acting like she wanted to insult the lot of them. Instead he offered a warm smile to try and counteract his sister.

"I am Frerin. Second son to King Thrain II, may he rest in peace and brother to King Thorin II. We bid you welcome to our kingdom." He had already welcomed them but it felt wrong not to say it more formally now that they had all been named.

Before her brother got the chance to dawdle things along any further Dis took control of the conversation once again. "What armors do you seek?" She asked briskly looking over the group again. Presumably the armor was for those present or else she could see no reason for their presence at these talks. "Our craftsmen make the finest armor you will find in this land or any other. I can think of no task that they cannot handle so please, ask for whatever it is you can think of." Dis expected very little creativity to come from the group in front of her. Their queen may have held them in high esteem but they looked poorly trained to Dis. They wouldn't have lasted more than a few moments in training against the Dwarvish Royal Guard.

Frerin was beginning to wonder if any of his charm could actually offset his sister's sour nature. "Please, feel free to take your time in deciding." He added glancing at his sister quietly asking her to stop talking.

Dis gave her brother a frigid look in response. She didn't want to wait forever on the group but Frerin was giving them that option. Unfortunately it seemed like her brother was going to keep giving them soft answers the more Dis tried to steer them straight into business talks. "Have it your way then, brother." She said very softly so that only Frerin might hear it. "If you need help deciding please ask."

She was not quite as silent as he had hoped.

((I am so sorry that this took so terribly long everyone! I went through a really rough patch there and my muses kinda crapped out on me. @_@))  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff