Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Events [OOC]
[OPEN!] Medic! A Sikukuu Carrot contest.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sikukuu Pride

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:05 am
User Image

The Medics of the Sikukuu pride make sure that the pride members and party goers stay healthy during the celebrations. There aren't a lot of Medics in the pride, but they do a very important job. Normally the Medic rank is a RP required rank, so this is a rare opportunity to win a character with a restricted rank!

Your task, should you chose to accept it, is to pick one of the lovely characters below and create a Medic character.

Start date: July 12th
End date: August 15th  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:12 am
Rules

- Each entry costs one OOCarrot.
- You will not get the carrot back if you do not win. See it as your entry fee.
- You may enter up to four times, once for each SoA, as long as you have carrots to pay for each entry.
- You may only win one of these.
- You may not put in multiple entries for the same SoA.
- If you don't have any carrots at the moment, you will have the opportunity to cash in RPs for OOCarrots in this thread.
- We're not looking for a novel, keep it pithy.
- Please don't RP characters you don't own in the RP prompt. You may of course mention prominent characters in the pride if that makes sense for your story but we're interested in your character.
- The plan is to give away one of these lovely SoA, and to use the remaining ones in later Sikukuu events. In the event of tons of awesome entries we might give away two Medics.

- If there are no suitable entries within the time-limit, the SoA may not be awarded to any of the entrants. However, in the unlikely event that this happens your carrots will be refunded!  

Sikukuu Pride

Sikukuu Pride

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:10 am
User Image
Female lion, Male wild dog

User Image
Female cheetah, Male leopard

[size=16][color=darkblue]The Medic is in![/color][/size]
[b]Do you have a OOCarrot to pay for this entry?[/b] Y/N (If the answer is no, we can't accept your entry)
[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Meaning:[/b]
[b]Entering for SoA:[/b] (Male wild dog, Male leopard, Female cheetah, Female lion)
[b]Why did you pick that SoA?[/b] (We're just nosy ;))
[b]Rank:[/b] Medic
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Personality and history:[/b]

[b]Prompt response:[/b] (It doesn't have to be long. If you can get the point across with a haiku, go for it!)

RP prompts

1. Tell us about the time your SoA first decided s/he wanted to be a Medic.
2. Tell us about a funny situation the SoA faced as a Medic.
3. Open prompt. Anything goes.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:16 am
Need a carrot?
User Image

- You may excange one RP in Sikukuu lands for one OOCarrot.
- You need a minimum of 5 RP posts or 1000 words in the RP.
- You can't use a SRP for this, sorry!
- You may use any SoA (regular or familiar), or a non-lined animal in the RP, as long as it takes place in Sikukuu.
- You can team up with a friend for the RP, and you can both claim the carrot reward when the RP is over. Or team up with even more friends... Each RPer with enough posts/words will get a OOCarrot for the finished RP.
- Even if you've got multiple characters in a RP, the RP will only give each player one carrot.
- The RP in question must be started after June 1st 2014 to count.
- For RP inspiration you can check out the Calendar to see what kind of celebrations your character might visit or help out with.

Go here to cash in those RPs for sweet, sweet carrots!  

Sikukuu Pride

Sikukuu Pride

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:31 am
Need a RP-buddy?

[color=indigo][b]Play with me?[/b][/color]
[b]Your name:[/b]
[b]Your character: [/b]
[b]Contact via:[/b]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:37 am
Aaand we're open!  

Sikukuu Pride

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:08 am
ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:30 am
The Medic is in!
Do you have a OOCarrot to pay for this entry? Yes!
Player: Sareibear
Name: Uponyaji'kugusa
Meaning: Healing touch (swahili)
Entering for SoA: Female lion
Why did you pick that SoA? I looooveeee her colors, and the original rogue lines are my absolute faaaaaaave! <3
Clan: Kaskazi
Personality and history: Gusa is a big girl, in many ways. Always a bit larger than her siblings, and definitely over-average size for an adult lioness, she is a bit chunky as well, but she doesn't let her size stop her, never has, never will! She had always wanted to be a medic. Along with her physical size, Gusa has always had a big heart as well. Since she was a cub, Gusa has desired to help others, and being a medic in the pride gave her the perfect outlet for it. She is not a weak-hearted or squeamish girl and so it was easy for her to transition into being a medic. She is not a very accomplished hunter, as it has never particularly appealed to her, but she can hunt for herself if need be. She has a good eye for detail, and is very knowledgeable on various healing methods, especially local plants and herbs. Born into Kaskazi, Gusa has always been fondest of the Firefly Festival.

Prompt response:

It was Gusa's first Firefly Festival as a medic, and she was thrilled to be a part of the celebrations in her new job title. She was looking forward to proving her worth as a medic, and also to simply enjoying the festivities, and watching those around her enjoy them as well. The large and healthy lioness was wandering through the festival crowd, observing as the creatures of the pride built their contraptions for capturing the Fireflies. There was one rather small, young-looking cheetah that seemed to have a bit of a crowd around him, and Gusa decided to check it out just in case. Usually a crowd meant either something absolutely amazing was happening, or something was wrong, and as the lioness drew closer to the small crowd, she caught an air of worry about the creatures. Excusing herself as she pushed past some of the others, she came to the centre of the gathering. Once she had reached the cheetah, she knew that something was wrong. He had built himself a beautiful contraption that sure would be a competitor to win, but it seemed as though he was frantic.

Gusa was hurried to figure out what was wrong with him...she announced herself as medic, this being her first year, she wasn't sure if the others would know, and asked them to give him some space. He was spluttering and choking, and she knew she needed to act now to save his life. Suddenly everything became frantic around her, as the whispers of others began to show concern and even fear. "He's choking, someone fetch some water, if you can!" Gusa said, shaking her pink bangs from before her eyes as she stood over him. She knew how to save him from choking, and it required quick action, that was for certain.

"You need to lay on the ground on your back so I can help you, ok honey?" She spoke softly and calmly to the cheetah, Gusa knew an important thing about being a medic was to remain calm to keep down the stress of the suffering and those around them. "Just lay down for me, and I'm going to push on your stomach to try and relieve some pressure." She instructed the cheetah, and he did as he was told and lowered himself to the ground, rolling onto his back.

"Okay, here we go. One...two...three..." The brown-furred lioness counted slowly, placing her paws on his stomach near his ribs and then pushing with both front paws on the count of three. The cheetah spluttered and he did a little cough, but whatever he was choking on was still yet to be dislodged. She took a deep breath, and counted again, "One...two...three..." Gusa spoke calmly still, and pushed again. With a massive heave and tons of coughing, the cheetah gasped for breath as...would you believe it, a FIREFLY came rocketing out of his mouth. It fell to the ground and there was silence for a moment. The cheetah burst into laughter seeing the firefly, and though he was a little roughed up, he was in good humour. Everyone who had been gathered around had themselves a chuckle, and now that the creature was no longer in danger, even Gusa found herself letting out a chortle.

"Well isn't that the darndest thing. Here we are building contraptions to capture the Fireflies, and haven't you found the most unique!" She exclaimed, and the cheetah simply continued to laugh. Once the water had been brought, she made sure he drank deeply to relieve his throat from the strain of choking, and he thanked her profusely.

The cheetah went on to win the contest for the most outrageous container, and the story is recounted in some regard every year following, during the festival. Gusa recalls fondly her first experience as a medic, and has been good friends with the cheetah ever since. He still builds his containers each year, and has won some other prizes as well by now, but his most prestigious win remains the prize for most outrageous container....himself!

(sorry it may have got a little long...I had fun with it! xD )  

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:33 pm
Play with me?
Your name: Midnightglow18
Your character: Niymak
Contact via: Pm, quote, aim or skype Tiffany Fianna Caplan  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:58 pm
Midnightglow18
Play with me?

I've got a few Sikukuu characters. You can find them in the Sikukuu memberlist or in my journal. *points at sig* There's a bit more info about them in the journal. Take your pick and prod me in the main thread or here smile  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:05 pm
Annchen
Midnightglow18
Play with me?

I've got a few Sikukuu characters. You can find them in the Sikukuu memberlist or in my journal. *points at sig* There's a bit more info about them in the journal. Take your pick and prod me in the main thread or here smile
Sure once I finish up this rp I'm already in 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:33 pm
Sorry about the delay in judging. There was only one entry, but we liked it so she's yours!

Sareibear

Congratulations! Here's her uncert. She was colored by pinchmonster. You may use this thread as proof of membership to get her certed. Please post her cert in the joining thread once you've got one so we can update the memberlist!

If she's not certed within one month we reserve the right to rehome the lioness, but hopefully that'll not be an issue.  

Sikukuu Pride

[OOC] Events [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff