Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:54 am
User Image

Hakizimana wasn't entirely sure what kind of bird he'd caught on his hunting excursion that morning, but the large, fat body hung well past his knees, making it difficult for the lion to walk. His companions had all snortled and left him behind, which was a little blow to his pride, but he didn't mind. This bird had a lot of pretty flowers that their daughters might like to wear. Oh Hakizimana, you shouldn't have! You're such a hero!

He just grinned and kept wobbling, taking one step at a time with swinging forelegs. It wasn't that he was particularly looking for a mate anymore, not when his eyes were still rosy thanks to a certain lioness. Still, it would be fun to make those codgers squirm.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:14 am
Resting on a rock which allowed her to feel the brush of the wind against her pelt Luti closed her eyes sleepily. Ever since her accident with the stampede the lioness had been forced to take a break and allow her leg to recover. After a while she had started getting restless and now that she could move fine again, minus a small limp from the sprain, Luti had decided to start venturing outside again. Not too far as before, but far enough to get peace and quiet.

Daydreaming what shapes the clouds could make in the sky after all was a good hobby. Now though she didn’t imagine random Pads to be her heroes, like she had as a cub, but instead she would see a random golden lion every time the sun hit a cloud just right.

Flushing Luti shook her head to clear the image from her mind before blinking again. Have I really started dreaming about him that much? But there…beneath a strange bird of some sorts was a familiar form. Frowning the lioness stood up from her perch and gently climbed her way down into the trail, “Are…are you alright?” She softly questioned before trying to hide her laughter at the strange walk he was doing with the bird.

Painted Moose

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:41 pm
Sabra Knight

Hakizimana tossed his mane back away from his face, all the while keeping his jaws clamped around the neck of the bird. This was tough work! It drug the ground in front of him, slapping against his forelegs and kept sliding in between his legs. And yet, he never felt the fool until seeing Lutifya.

The young male could only stare wide eyed, with only his left eye visible, legs spread akimbo. He curled a corner of his mouth in an awkward smile, then cursed when the bird slipped out of his grasp to flop onto the ground. "Sort of?" Laughter came forth as he tried to step around the bird. It was easily the size of a juvenile cub, with longer legs. "How are you? Has your leg healed?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:48 pm
Painted Moose

Years of practice in her old pride allowed Luti to keep the laughter from bubbling over, but it was still obvious in the way that her gaze was gleaming that the male's situation amused her. What in the world was he doing with such a strange bird? Perhaps it was an important prey since she was new to these lands still....she had never seen something like it before. Was it like a bird from a story? Luckily not a phoenix else it would have burst into flames by now. He was lucky for that.

"Oh my." At his laughter she finally lost and let out a small giggle, "Seems like an interesting situation you've got going on here." Looking back up at him she nodded, "I'm fine to walk. No worries~" Luti bounced lightly on her paws before hiding a small wince. Okay so maybe not so much okay to bounce about like a cub...

Poking a paw towards the bird she shook her head in amusement, "So did you really plan on packing that thing back all by yourself?" She blinked up at him, "It's impressive really." Odd and adorable. She flushed lightly at the thought before looking away, "I can lend a paw if you need."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:57 pm
Sabra Knight

"You don't think it's taboo, do you? I wasn't sure if it was okay to hunt birds since...you know, Bird clan." Hakizimana looked at his prey and shrugged, "I wasn't alone, so I guess if it was bad someone would have told me." Otherwise he would take the sole blame. The kill had been an odd one, for sure, but it was his decision to do so.

"Take it easy there, cloud stepper." He joked, but Hakizimana was still concerned. It hadn't been so long ago that she had hurt herself, and he wasn't about to let her delay the healing process in the least. "You can fly some other day, but for now how about you stick to the Earth with me?" Hakizimana winked.

Moving around he pondered over her offer. Instead of responding, he grabbed it by the neck once more and drug it towards the shade of a lone tree. "How about we just leave this here for now. Call me weak, but I think a rest is in order." A rest and an opportunity to talk with an interesting lioness. "I'd like to learn a little more about the dreamer I saved."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:14 pm
Painted Moose

At his question Luti paused thoughtfully, "I've heard of some that think certain animals are ancestors...but I don't think just because we're in the bird clan it means our spirit guardians are birds." She laughed softly, "Though it would be a shame if someone just lost their familiar." Though the lioness highly doubted a bird like that would have been attached to someone and he did say he wasn't alone, "I'm sure it's fine."

Flushing she pouted towards him, "I'm alright, promise." Her tail flicked lazily around her as she took a few more steps, "Don't worry I don't want to fly like a bird with the mighty bird hunter out and about. I'll leave the skies to the real birds and the gods." Teasingly she grinned at him in an attempt to hide the blush which warmed her cheeks. Though an image of her having great golden wings did flash through her mind. What if all lions had the ability to fly like the gods? That would be truly interesting indeed.

Watching him she blinked in confusion. What was he doing? Luti followed along a few spaces behind before registering his words, "A rest? Alright then, just be careful that your bird doesn't learn how to fly again." She joked before flushing, "Dreamer? Me?" She waved a paw in the air, "I'm boring I assure you, nothing to learn about here."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:24 pm
Sabra Knight

"My elder sister always said that my mother wished for God Hunters in her blood line. I gained the skills she wanted, but never the drive. I would much rather just watch them fly." There was no way he would ever hunt down a God. The smarter side of him was fearful of their wrath, and the more respectful part of it would never take them from their skies.

"If it did, he would be flying in circles." He joked, pointing out the broken and crooked neck. It was crude and caused him to cough into his paw afterwards, feeling all the more awkward for making the joke. "You're hardly boring!" Hakizimana moved towards the shade himself, but far enough away not to have to smell the carcass. "You could start off small; like your name. Or for every question I ask you can ask one in return. So, my name is Hakizimana and yours is...?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:32 pm
Painted Moose

Lutifiya just stared at him, "God hunters? You could hunt even a god?" Her indigo gaze gleamed with interest, "I've heard stories of gods fighting gods, but not many mortals would dare. Since they have so many powers that is...wouldn't you be afraid to stand up to one?" She smiled. Seemed like she was talking to a story itself. The golden prince who stood up to a god of darkness... Her cheeks flushed before she finished the story in her mind. Nope, nope. She was not about to say to save his princess!

Her gaze widened before she looked away from the broken neck, "I suppose that would be true then. Unless he was like a phoenix who bursts into flames and then flies away fully whole again." Moving after him she wrinkled her nose slightly before making sure that the smell was far enough away from her as well.

That placed her ever so comfortably close to the male, "Name?" She blinked. That was right! They never introduced themselves last time...she flushed in embarrassment. Though last time the situation had been a bit more drastic and left no time for such pleasantries, "Hakizimana...?" She spoke his name slowly making certain to say it correctly, "I'm Lutifiya. What question next?" Smiling she blinked up at him expectantly.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:38 pm
Sabra Knight
You may need to tweak the first paragraph in your last post lol.

Hakizimana laughed. "So many questions! Does that mean that I get to ask that many of you?" Still, behind his teasing was levels of fear. His mother wasn't someone to be despised; she simply was Evil incarnate and it chilled his spine to visualize her. No matter the distance between them he felt her gaze on him. "There are prides that view it as a sacred rite. A ceremonial sport." He said with much disdain. "It wouldn't matter if I were old with a greyed mane, should a God try to destroy what I hold dear I would fight them with my last breath. Though, the only I've heard of are peaceful." Such as the two Gods that served as patrons for their own pride.

"Lutifya. It's got a cute sound to it. Like the name of a flower." Even as he spoke it aloud, he could picture the pretty little purple bud. "Okay! Next question - were you always a rogue or did you join from another pride?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:49 pm
Painted Moose
whoopsie. lol

Flushing at his laughter Luti pouted at Hakizimana, "I didn't know those counted...but I wouldn't mind answering a lot of questions. Depending on them that is!" She looked down at her paws before his story caught her interest and she looked up with a frown, "A ceremonial sport to destroy gods? Even the good ones?" The lioness shook her head, "I definitely wouldn't find that fun, but I agree. If you need to defend someone dear to you then any true warrior would fight no matter what." Just like in the stories. The idea made her think back to the one she had been thinking of with him and her gaze danced away shyly.

"Now I'm a flower?" She smiled at his compliment, "Lutifiya the flower, Luti the flower petal." The lioness stretched back and at his next question her body stiffened just a bit before she took a breath and started, "I came from another pride. It used to be a desert oasis full of riches and wealth. Sudden disaster struck the lands though causing all of the harems to disperse. Without the sultan to guide or the families to hold the lions together it left the pride with nothing. So in the chaos I separated from my own family and found this sanctuary instead."

Ignoring the stinging in her eyes the lioness shook her head, "But don't think I'm saddened by that. It's just that things are different now and I'm still adapting to this strange freedom the Ela has given me. I really do love it here...everyone is so nice after all. And every day I'm finding new reasons to love this place more." Shyly she smiled over at him, "You? Did you have a home before here as well?"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:03 pm
Sabra Knight

"A desert flower," Hakizimana mused, cocking his head to the side as he listened to her tale, both eyes now fully visible. He pursed his lips. That sounded...horrible. "I'm sorry to have asked. Had I known I...I can't imagine what that was like to lose your home like that." While he wasn't sure what a 'sultan' was, he assumed it was like a King or a clan leader, someone important that glued it all together, he did know chaos. "Have you heard from them since joining?" Cursing his curiosity he saw her liquid eyes too late. Hakizimana choked back a lump in his throat and tried to smile. "This place is certainly stable, and I hope that you find as much joy here as you did back in the desert."

Now it was his turn to squirm. He inhaled deeply, shifting his shoulders. "I am rogue born. My mother and father knew nothing of each other past one night. While I've never met him I know enough of her." His breathing became uneven, and his eyes shifted. "I was raised by my elder half siblings. They're part of a large family with many different species and lots of young ones so I was never truly alone. I think I would have stayed with them til this day had they not been roamers. I've had enough shifting in my life to know that I want solid ground under my paws, you know?"

Clearing his throat, he moved on to the next question. "What do you like to do for fun?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:18 pm
Painted Moose
This has exploded lol. We can end this one soon too if you want and start another one. :B

Luti shook her head, "Oh, no it's fine! It's better to remember than forget right?" She looked at him hopefully, "Memories can be both happy and sad...while I haven't heard from anyone I can always believe that they're doing well on their own as well." The lioness smiled at him in thanks, "I think I definitely will if not find more joy here."

A fling? She knew such things happened, but for her old home...it was a rarity. Her heart hurt for him, so he never really had parents then? And other species? What an interesting family it must have been then! But they were roamers? Ah, so it seemed they both were hoping to find a new home here. Lutifiya's gaze softened, "Things like that can happen then, but like you said this place should stay for a long time." Flushing she smiled, "And I'm glad...that you chose here."

"After all I would have been trampled to death without you." She hastily added as her face continued to warm, "I like to wander and watch the clouds. They can make interesting shapes and stories some days." The lioness nodded before looking at him shyly, "I mean...that's my opinion any way. What about you?"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 pm
Sabra Knight
When it comes to a natural end we can end it. xD It would seem abrupt at this point lol. When that happens we can do another. c:

"You would have been, wouldn't you?" He teased a little, reaching out to give her a little playful punch on her shoulder. "And that's something, isn't it?" Happily enough he danced away from the subject of 'family'. It brought a warmth to his heart knowing that someone else was actually glad to have him around. Made it seem like joining a new pride was actually worth it in so many ways.

"I can't say that I watch clouds, but my cousin used to say the same thing. He said the souls of the dead made up the clouds." Catching himself, he shook his head. "Though, stories of a lighter sort sound much better."

Sitting back he pondered on his hobbies. Even though he had been the one to ask the question he himself had never really narrowed down what he 'liked'. "I think I like wrestling? And play fighting? I've always stayed busy training and hunting that I never really got a chance to think about it." His face turned wry. "Though I have been called a gossip, so I guess I have a mouth on me."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:53 pm
Painted Moose

Flushing at his playful punch Luti looked away sheepishly, "Mmmhmm...I suppose it is." She smiled lightly back over at him before giving an awkward copy of his punch back to him. Was that normal? She really hoped she hadn't overstepped her bounds...but it seemed like such a playful thing to do. Her tail twitched nervously around her paws before she got entranced in his story.

"Souls of the dead?" Rather than being upset her indigo eyes brightened instead, "That's a new one! I thought the stars were the shining lights of ancestors guiding lions, never clouds. That's interesting." Lutifiya laughed softly, "I wonder then if I've ever insulted someone before by saying they looked like a cute hare?"

"Play fighting?" Luti laughed and moving into a pouncing positioned wiggled her romp a bit as if she were about to attack him before just playfully hitting the ground, "I'm not used to adults doing that much, but cubs always liked to play like that in my cubhood. Those were fun memories~ Sometimes I'll still pounce after butterflies at times..." She blinked and shook her head at him, "A gossip, hmm? Well I hope you haven't been collecting stories on me to tell everyone~" Teasing she stuck her tongue out at him, "I'm trying to belong now~ Don't want everyone knowin' I'm such an odd ball."

She looked over at him carefully before adding, "But if you ever wanted...I can share my oddball hobby with you if you want to try it too at some point."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 am
Sabra Knight

Looking at the paw she'd used to punch him, Hakizimana watched it with wide eyes before busting out laughing. She looked so awkward and adorable, he just couldn't help it!

"Oh yeah, he was always full of weird stories. He saw the dead in everything; tree bark, mud puddles, pelts..." He shrugged. It wasn't anything new to him. "I much prefer the thought of ancestors guiding us, and I doubt anyone would be insulted if you said anything remotely like that." He smiled easily.

His eyes darted to watch as she moved around to wiggle around him. One eyebrow slowly rose in tune with a little grin. "My half-brother viewed it more as training. He and my sister were so focused on hidden enemies that every moment was built around fighting." With good reason, though. With a mother like theirs and so many little ones to watch over it left little to wonder why the adults were so damn jumpy.

"Too late, Princess, stories of your imagination are already spreading as we speak." He winked in a tease. "I think I would like that, if you're keen on sharing."

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff