Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
Convention Panel Experiences

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:45 pm
Hi Everyone,

I have been to a few panels now at conventions and have found out quickly that they are both popular and very crowded at times. Their are many different kinds of panels at cons, anything from series info to workshops. Here are three questions for you, what do you think of panels in general and what was your best and worst experiences at them.

1. In general I think that panels are great. They have been a good source of info for me.

2. Best experience - I was at a Yu-Gi-Oh! panel that had some of the guests from the con running it that had something to do with the show itself. I Loved how the guests would go into character and I really liked the new stuff that I learned about one of my all time favorite animes.

3. Worst experience - Waiting in line for an hour for a panel and then found that they had to cut the time short for it due to technical errors. Btw I did feel bad for the people that were trying to run the panel.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:44 pm
My friends were in the Attack on Titan panel this past Fanime. They did an awesome job!

In general I really look forward to the panels at conventions. Unfortunately, though, I've been to so many conventions over the years that I've seen most of the panels. It makes me excited to find a new one that interests me.

Life willing, I want to try to pull together a series-driven character panel for the February Sac-Con. I think that it'd be a lot of fun!  

xinitia

Crew

Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces