Submit

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:11 pm
User ImageAeskilegt wasn't really too sure what he should do now. He didn't remember anything of his parents, really, besides the fact they didn't want him and had sent him away to fend for himself. It was a bit confusing, the whole big world around him, and it seemed as though everything had some specific order that he had no idea of quite yet. What the young lion cub knew was that he was alone for now, he had a lot to learn, and boy was he hungry. He had been wandering, or more like sneaking, around his pride for the past few days, watching and listening to those older than him secretly, trying to learn a bit of anything from them. He had named himself as he felt, Aeskilegt was undesirable. The pale-furred little lion wanted to make a life for himself and be a strong warrior one day...

He peeked around a corner, his little tail flicking back and forth excitedly. He was checking to see if anyone else was around this little place he'd found, and determined the coast to be clear. As the cub went prowling around the corner, a new scent caught his attention, and he paused in his tracks, lifting his muzzle to the air to sniff at it some more and try to figure out what it was. It certainly smelt like another lion...

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:55 pm
Sareibear
Yes, I got it sorry I meant to reply earlier ;_;

Aajamaak's was cursed to be clumsy.

Her clumsiness even manifested itself in several ways. For one, she had no sense of direction. At all. Not even a fragment. Tailing other stormborn was how she knew where to go, and sometimes she couldn't even follow them because her feet would lead her in the opposite direction! Sometimes she would be able to map out in her head where she wanted to go and she'd end up there! But it wasn't really working well today.

Thankfully, this didn't bother Aaja so much. In fact she was humming pleasantly to herself while trying to follow a specific scent she had found not to long ago. It smelt like a lion, but kind of... Tiny. Must be a cub she decided. She wasn't even an adult, so she had already decided that the adult would let her play with a little baby. Yes, she had confidently decided this was how it would work out.

Turning the corner she ran into said cub with surprise. "Oh, hello." She smiled. "It's a good day to die." She commented on the overcast weather stormborn often had. That was always a good way to start a conversation.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:56 pm
The tiny stormborn was shocked as an older looking and larger female bumped into him, and then stared up at her with the widest eyes you could imagine as he listened to the words she had just spoken. Aeskilegt took a few hurried steps back and blinked up at her in fear. "Wh-what?!" He exclaimed in his shock, his little body puffing up, his tail flicking anxiously.

He stood stock still again, his fur all on end, deciding whether he needed to run or not, but fear was gripping him. A good day to die? He was a little confused, to say the least. Aeskilegt had only been out on his own now for a few days, and having been orphaned by his parents, had zero guidance thus far, or safety net. Death, however, was something he had heard from the other lions, and it certainly didn't sound like something he wanted...

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:15 am
Aajamaak was slightly taken aback by the small cub's reaction. The stormborn speak often revolved around death and killings but they weren't meant to be taken personally. In fact the only time she ever

"Sorry." She apologized, trying to calm him down. Only she could not resist a smile at how literally the cub had taken it. 'It's a good day to die', yes that probably was a pretty terrified greeting to a little itty bitty cub! And silly her had decided to treat him as a well educated adult. She changed her approach. "It's a greeting." She informed him. "However I've only heard the freeborn use it." Thralls didn't speak unless spoken to. She could remember when she was just a little bit younger being as unknowledgeable about the difference between thralls, lies and the truth and freeborn. It made her laugh.

"My name is Aajamaak, I won't kill you I promise." She tried to sound genuine in her last sentence, although it was pretty difficult when she was trying to resist laughing and had a silly grin on her maw.

Sareibear

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:58 pm
Aeskilegt felt a little bit better, he supposed, after the initial shock of it had subsided, and the female had explained that it was simply a greeting. The young tan-furred lion didn't have anyone to teach him those sorts of things, though he figured she obviously wouldn't know that if they'd never seen each other before. For a second he had wondered, but it made no sense that she would know. Unless maybe she was much, much older than himself, which she didn't really look like, honestly. "Well...okay." Aeskilegt said softly, biting his lip and lifting a brow. He looked kind of silly like that, but he didn't really notice.

"If you promise I suppose..." The young male trailed off, flicking his tail as he looked up to the other pale-furred lion. He could feel his stomach growling in hunger, and he hoped that it was quiet enough for the older girl not to notice. Or maybe she knew where to find something to eat, anways...He figured it would be rude just to ask outright though, so he opted to wait for a better opportunity.

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:12 am
Sareibear

"What's your name?" She asked out of curiosity. It was always most amusing hearing the different names everyone had. Some were eager to speak up and tell her just what it was whereas others didn't even introduce themselves throughout the entire meeting. Quite interesting really.

The growl of Aeskilegt's small stomach had indeed reached Aajamaak's ears. "Are you hungry?" She asked, although felt a little stupid as it was plain easy to see he was. "Your parent's won't be angry right? If we go get food?" She hadn't bothered to ask whether the cub was a thrall or not because Aajamaak had already assumed he was freeborn. Thrall cubs didn't wander around helplessly they were always with a parent. Or at least out of experience the splotchy furred adolescent had learned that was how it worked.

She had no clue the smaller male was an orphan. She hadn't even considered it.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:29 pm
"My name is Aeskilegt." He said softly, not sure if this female would know that it meant undesirable, and that he had in fact chosen it himself. He shrugged his shoulders at her as she began to ask him questions.

Aeskilegt wasn't really used to others asking him questions. Most had been too busy, or just wanted to lecture him, or talk about themselves. It was hard to ignore the fact he was hungry, but he felt embarrassed that the other had heard his fickle stomach growling in protest.

"I guess I am...yeah." The young, pale-furred cub looked up at the female guiltily, and then looked away. He hesitated for a moment, as he wasn't sure if he should tell her the truth or not. "N-no...no my parents won't mind..." He trailed off, flicking his tail and wiggling a little where he stood, slightly uncomfortable with himself for lying. He didn't want to admit he was all alone, it was kind of hard when it came to it, and he figured it was just a small lie anyways...

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:22 pm
Sareibear
I'm so sorry about the wait on this! I thought I had replied to it already sweatdrop

Aajamaak was terrible with knowing what names meant. In fact, she didn't even know what her name meant. It didn't have a meaning behind it. This didn't bother her though she was pretty terrible at other things as well. Such as detecting lies, and then she was also terrible with directions. In short, Aajamaak didn't have many redeeming qualities. She had begun to think she wasn't actually good at anything, until she accidently discovered her talent of fishing. And finding things. She was actually pretty good at locating new treasures despite her inability to relocate them.

The few things she was good at however made her smile cheekily while responding to Aeskilegt, the 'undesirable' child. "Perfect, there's usually always food over this way."

Her feet began to lead her in the wrong direction. Confidently, she followed them, certain she would not get lost. Stopping briefly in her wrongly directed march she looked over her shoulder to see whether the smaller boy had actually decided to follow her or not.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:08 pm
For a moment, Aeskilegt simply stood, staring after her. He wasn't sure if she meant him to follow...but of course she did. He shook his tiny head and then hurried after her, trying to keep up though he was much smaller than this lioness. At least she was nice. This was a near-first since he'd been left to his own devices. It seemed there wasn't much room for a weak and pitiful cub within their pride, and he knew he would have to more than just make his way, he would have to prove himself if he wanted anything good for himself as an adult.

"I'm coming, don't worry. I don't want to get more lost." He said, forcing a strange little chuckle. It wasn't a sound he usually practiced, and as such, it came out awkwardly. Though, Aeskilegt was nearly always awkard.

"So hmm...do you have a big family?" The tiny tan lion questioned the older lioness, trying to think of things he could say to help pass travel time, and maybe actually get to know someone for once instead of just being pushed past or cast aside.

CaliWolfe

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff