Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply The Official Pokemon Guild
The Masuda Method is not my friend

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bczar

Sparkly Shoujo

12,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:14 pm
I will soon have two boxes of Chikoritq is anyone wants one.
PM me ur friend code and I'll hook you up.
Btw if you have and extra shiny Chikorita, I would love it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:56 pm
I totally hear ya man - was doing it with Eevee @.@ 3 boxes and nothing. I think I broke the chain somewhere... I forget what breaks the chain with masuda method.

Anything you want for a Chikarita? How about a high IV Eevee? Only IV's I can't get a 31 in is HP >.o (seriously like 6 Eevee's in a row hatch with all 31's except HP)  

Aura_Anoushka

Bczar

Sparkly Shoujo

12,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:58 pm
Aura_Anoushka
I totally hear ya man - was doing it with Eevee @.@ 3 boxes and nothing. I think I broke the chain somewhere... I forget what breaks the chain with masuda method.

Anything you want for a Chikarita? How about a high IV Eevee? Only IV's I can't get a 31 in is HP >.o (seriously like 6 Eevee's in a row hatch with all 31's except HP)
if you have any dusk stones you don't want? Make a Pokemon hold one and I'll trade for that. Otherwise just take it, it's free. I eventually got a shiny tho. Traded for it XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:16 pm
yeah sure I could give you a dusk stone my friend code is 3282-2860-3235 name Suhasini  

Aura_Anoushka

Hunter of the dusk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Aura_Anoushka

As far as I know, there's no "chain" to the masuda method. It just generates the shiny number multiple times rather than once, so rather than having a 1/8192 chance you have a 1/1365 chance. Still rather low, though. I've bred 3 without trying to so far, 2 of which were without the masuda method.

Just keep at it. If you complete the pokedex you get a shiny charm, which further increases your chances of getting shiny pokemon via any method.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:40 pm
Aura_Anoushka
yeah sure I could give you a dusk stone my friend code is 3282-2860-3235 name Suhasini
adding you now
Sorry, didn't see this until just now
Mine's 2638-1556-6009.  

Bczar

Sparkly Shoujo

12,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Aura_Anoushka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:25 am
Hunter of the dusk
Aura_Anoushka

As far as I know, there's no "chain" to the masuda method. It just generates the shiny number multiple times rather than once, so rather than having a 1/8192 chance you have a 1/1365 chance. Still rather low, though. I've bred 3 without trying to so far, 2 of which were without the masuda method.

Just keep at it. If you complete the pokedex you get a shiny charm, which further increases your chances of getting shiny pokemon via any method.

Ok thanks. I thought I saw something about a chain that can be broken, but maybe I misread something (if I find it again I'll post it int he guild). How many boxes did you fill before getting shinies with the non masuda method?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:09 pm
Aura_Anoushka
Ok thanks. I thought I saw something about a chain that can be broken, but maybe I misread something (if I find it again I'll post it int he guild). How many boxes did you fill before getting shinies with the non masuda method?
Hard to say, as I haven't actually been trying to breed shiny pokemon, but rather been IV breeding. I have filled up boxes and boxes, but I usually wonder trade them away (and release all of the starter area pokemon that I get in return) so that they don't build up. If I had to put a number on the amount of pokemon that I bred before getting a shiny without using a foreign 'mon.... 400-500? Again, that's counting every pokemon that I bred in this game up until that point.

When breeding a vulpix for someone else using my own ninetails and a japanese father, I got a shiny in that batch of 5 eggs. It doesn't have the hidden ability, which saddens me, but Shiny Ninetails is majestic as hell, so you better believe that I trained that one. Flash Fire is still good, right? Right?

Oh, and the chain thing only applies to the fishing method and the radar method.  

Hunter of the dusk

General Stew

Aged Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:08 pm
It hates me as well. I got lucky once and hatched a shiny Charmander.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:27 pm
I've been hatching Cottonee eggs for like a month.. nothing yet.

I was trying for Marills before that and gave up and began breeding Gastly.

8 eggs in I get one with 5 IVs burning_eyes  

Saka Wannobis

Original Shoujo

Hex Sableye

Newbie Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:00 pm
My first successful masuda was a petilil in xy, i ended up getting 4 6iv petilil before i got my shiny about 80-90 eggs in  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:58 am
Ha y'all think u have bad luck I have six boxes full of eevees my friend has done the matsuada method successfully for, riolu, ralts , buneary, and charmander it didn't take him long either  

Iiru

Atomsk81793

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:40 pm
Hey guys I'm not sure if I know must of you or not because ive been off gaia for like years... like since black and white came out... but I've come out of retirement and trying to get back into things if anyone wants to add me or vice versa let me know... and i forget how to register friend codes but well figure it out. biggrin  
The Official Pokemon Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games