[PRP]Wings Are Wonderful Things But... (Whistle & Miela) FIN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:55 pm
A Private RP between my (~Latonia de la Courtel~) Whistle and DarkenWoodWolf's Miela.

User Image
This Way to Latonias Teepee

User Image
This Way to Darkens Teepee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:42 pm
It was reasonable to miss one's former life. To mourn for the loss of mate and family, to worry that you would never again be reunited with those you love. Common even, to dream of familiar places and miss them upon waking. Whistle had done all of these things as of late, which was not unreasonable at all... After all, how long had she spent in this strange new land with no memories of her past, little knowledge of herself and no way to discern her future?
She had spent every waking and sleeping moment with nothing, nothing but the ghosts and whispers of a past life lingering, haunting her. At least now she knew, remembered what she had lost, and was able to make peace with it, or fight for it, as the situation called for. And she was working through it, bit by bit, day by day. The presence of her beloved in this land helped ease the ache for her former life... The appearance of her two children -grown though they were and one very much estranged- also soothed her soul.
There were scars that belonged to missing her dearest friends and her sweet daughters, but perhaps they too would be soothed by time or a miraculous reunion. For now, she would not dwell, as that was not Whistle's style. Instead she would look for something to pass the time, to bring her joy or allow her to do good.

"So then, what have you decided?" Aria trilled as she fluttered back into sight of her chosen companion, perching between Whistle's ears with an affectionate brush of her wing. "And don't tell me you haven't because I can clearly see that you can. You get this look in your eye, so, out with it!"

Whistle laughed and gently shook her head, more to make the songbird trill a warning at her than to unsettle her. "I thought we would just see where the day takes us, Aria... Perhaps we'll meet someone in need of a friend or a little guidance."

"Seems reasonable enough." The songbird replied with a fluff her wings. "After all, you've had quite a bit of experience being lost in this place."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:53 pm
Miela drifted, letting the wind take it where it wanted. She wasn't planning on going anywhere in particular, perhaps because there was no place she could think to look that she hadn't already. Her sister and her sister's mate had gone missing, what felt like so long ago. But still, she ached for the loss. Floating, falling, she was closer to the ground that she anticipated and landed hard, tearing up the earth with her claws and hooves.

Shaking out her wings, she realized how tired she felt. She must have flown further than she thought. Folding them carefully so they wouldn't hurt when she opened them, she shook out her tail feathers and looked around, wondering where she had landed this time. It wasn't someplace familiar, nor was it someplace unfamiliar. It was just one of... those places that was known and not know.

Miela looked around, clicking her beak idly, wishing she'd spotted a fruit tree or something on her glide. Instead, though, she did spot a lovely purple ground speaking to a songbird not far from where she landed. After stretching for a bit, she trotted over to where she'd seen the mare, a pleasant smile on her face.

"Hello." She bowed her head in greeting, feathers ruffling in the wind. "I'm Miela. You haven't, perchance, seen another hippogryph and her mate out her recently? My sister has gone missing, you see." She hesitated. "I am looking for any information any has, you know?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:22 pm
"Shame on you for bringing that up." Whistle scolded without any real heat to her tone, snorting softly as she gently shook her head again. "Some friend you are, to say such things to me! And aren't you the very one who only found me because you were lost in the first place?"

"You cannot prove it." Aria argued with gentle humor. "I shall just tell anyone that you were mistaken, I was exactly where I was meant to be, because I found you just as I ought to have. How then can you argue that I was lost?"

"You did not know where you were!" The mare laughed, half indignant and half amused.

"Ahh, but I was with you." The Songbird's tone grew conspiratorial and smug. "So then, if I was searching for you and found you, I had done what I set out to do. If I had no idea where we were once I had found you, it stands to reason that you were the one who was lost."

Whistle considered this possibility, and then sighed. "I am revoking our friendship. Wisdom in your words or no, I do not like them in the least."

"Your privledge." Aria trilled, preening a feather in smug silence. The sudden arrival of a winged Soquili drew her attention, and she watched with interest as the mare came to an abrupt landing. It was still graceful, but seemed to wobble, as though she were tired or slightly disoriented. "A friend of yours?"

"Hmm?" Whistle hummed a question, turning her eyes away from where she had been searching in the distance for some sign of her family, or the faintest impression of their nearness. The answer was nothing, as was frustratingly usual, but Aria's words and the arrival of a stranger distracted her. "Oh, no, she is not someone I recognize."

"Surprising." Aria murmured, straightening when the mare began to approach. "Well then, prepared to be introduced, or eaten."

"I highly doubt she will eat us." Whistle whispered, though she considered the mare as she argued. True enough, she seemed like she could be a meat-eater, Whistle had no idea, but she didn't think the mare likely to attack.

"You, maybe not." Aria argued, cuddling closer to one perked purple ear. "I on the other hand am less than a mouthful. She very well may."

"I would prevent her from even trying and you know it." Whistle argued, her eyes glittering with humor. "I would explain how so may feathers would not a good mouthful make... She would let you go."

Aria's only reply was a burst of annoyed sound, which she quickly stifled at the mare's friendly greeting.

"Good day, Miela." Whistle returned pleasantly as Aria silenced, inclining her head slightly. "I am Whistle and this is my friend Aria. It is a pleasure to meet you."

"Hello." Aria nodded faintly at the introduction, the question sparking her curiosity. The songbird fluffed her feathers and tilted her head, eyes bright. "Is the mate a Hippogryph too?"

"Aria and I are both something of a wanderer by nature." Whistle admitted. "We tend to travel and cross paths with many sorts. While I cannot say I call any hippogryphs friends, I have seen one or two here and there.. I would like to help you find your sister, if we may. I trust she looks something like you, which should help. May I ask when last you saw her? It would be best if she was safely away before the Herd attacked, or was seen safe after..."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:03 am
The purple mare was having an animate discussion with her familiar. It was rather cute, making Miela wish that she had her own. At least then she wouldn't be alone so much of the time. Miela almost hated to interrupt, but what was done was done, and they both seemed interest in maybe helping her.

"It is nice to meet you Whistle, and you too, Aria." She smiled at them both and nodded at the birds question.

"Yes, he was a Hippogryph." Miela tilted her head in a bird like fashion, listening to what Whistle had to say. "I haven't seen her since the Herd attacked, I am sorry to say. I am very worried that they got caught up in the attack and..." She trailed off, looking at the ground. "You can understand my concern, can't you?"

SHe nodded absently, knowing that it had been too much to hope that a random stranger would have seen her sister randomly, when she had been looking for her for so long. Still, it would be nice to have another set of eyes on the look out for any information. Even if it was bad news, it was better to know than not. One way or another, she did want to stop looking eventually. Settle down with her daughter and maybe a mate. She looked at Whistle and sighed again. "Will you keep an eye out? She may be looking for me as well. I would deeply appreciate any help you can give me."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:04 pm
"Alright, alright." Aria murmured fluttering her feathers, and giving her companion a fond look. "Enough of that for now, Whistle. Pay attention, will you? We'll miss something important otherwise."

And she hoped they could help, but the stranger was just that to her. She had no way of knowing if or where the mare's kin had gone, though perhaps Minstrel or one of the others might...

Whistle inclined her head, a soft bow of greeting and acknowledgement. She rather doubted the mare had heard her companion's worried murmurings, but it seemed they were unfounded. Miela seemed quite pleasant, though sadly searching for lost family. Whistle knew that was like, knew it all too well.

"We are pleased to have found you, and sorry that we cannot be of greater aid." She admitted. "Though I wander and have many who could be kin to you at a distance, I do not know any of them well. As such, I am sorry to say I could not offer much aid in this matter."

She considered it for a moment. "Although, I understand there is a great Clan of them not far from here... To the west, half a day's run or flight I would guess."

"No more than a day." Aria agreed. "Less as she flies, I've no doubt of it. There are far less obstacles to overcome while in the air. She could be to them well before dusk, but I do not know how well they will receive visitors and what hospitality may be waiting."

"I do well understand your worry." Whistle agreed. "I feel the same for the kin I have not had the fortune to find; and worried greatly for those that had gathered when I learned the herd was here."

She glanced at the woods around them, pleased that the local herds had broken the Great Herd of Kalona like a rock would break a wave. The herd was scattered, leaderless. They were still something to fear, but not today and not for her.

"If you can delay your journey..." Aria trilled, fluffing her feathers and giving the mare a shy look. "I may be able to ask some of the local flocks if they have seen her. We could perhaps at least offer a general direction in which to look. Many eyes are better, at any rate."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:54 pm
Miela ducked her head a little, disappointed that no one she had come across ever knew of her sister. But it was alright. At least it meant that there was still the possibility of her being alive. Miela didn't know what she would do if she came across someone who said her sister had fallen and been killed.

"I appreciate the help, nonetheless. Thank you." Meila brightened for a moment. "Truely? I will have to go there!" She was about to bound up to see if she could get herself in the air when she stopped to think, unsure of her welcome too.

She paused again, tilting her head to look at the purple mare. "You've lost family, too?" Miela sighed, feeling sorry for her, because she knew just how it felt. "I will keep an eye out at well, for any who look like you. If I find them, who might I say you are? I am Miela."

She danced idly on the ground, eager to be away, but eager for more information. "That would be amazing, thank you for your kindness." She addressed the bird with great respect, and nodded at the mare, content to stay where she was for the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:34 pm
Whistle was grateful for Aria's presence, as the songbird ensured she was not alone and could send quite a speedy message to her mate or son if the occasion called for it. Though the songbird refused to hunt down Aveshar (For lightning's sake Whistle! When would you ever have an emergency that would go better with him around?), she was amenable to any other manner of contact... And happily flitted off when the need arose.

Which meant Whistle at least could keep an eye or ear on any of her family within this land. While she had not yet gathered all the wandering shards of her old life together, she made progress every day. And that was thanks, at least in part, to the presence of her familiar as well as Ballad's friend and guide, Minstrel.

This mare was not so fortunate, and the worry for her family shone clearly in her eyes. Whistle knew what a burden such a search was, and her heart went out to the stranger.

"I am sorry we could not do more for you." Whistle murmured, offering a faint smile. "It is my hope your sister has gone with the flock... Or knows where she is gone. I understand their reach is far, even if they do not call her a sister they might know someone who has seen her."

Whistle was not surprised to see hope rise in the stranger, and gave a faint smile when she watched the winged mare gather herself to leave. She was sure, had she received word of any who could help her find her daughters or son, that she too would have taken off in search of them. As it was, Whistle was not so fortunate. But perhaps that was about to change.

"Yes, a winged son and two daughters." Whistle explained. "They will bear markings like mine own."

She laughed softly. "If you find them you may say that Whistle, or their mother, seeks them out. And my mate, Ballad, is also looking for them. As is one of their older brothers. If you see any that bear a resemblance to us, so long as they are of a light heart, I would be most grateful if you tell them we are searching."

She hesitated for a moment, and then sighed. "There is a dark son of mine, who I am less than proud of... He is somewhat dangerous, when the mood strikes. I beg that you give him a wide berth, should you cross his path."

"You are most welcome, of course." Aria murmured with a faint smile and a nod of her head. "If you two will excuse me, I will get to it now... The sooner I have such information as I may share, I will return."

With a merry trill the bird took flight, darting off into the woods.

"She will do her best for you, she always does." Whistle offered, trying to comfort the stranger. "Aria is quite remarkable in all that she may accomplish. Even if she does not find your sister, she will at least find many who will help you look."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:53 pm
Miela was thankful that she had come across these two. They were so nice, and helpful. Others had not been. Most had just sent her on her way with a shake of their heads, none offered to help, not even to listen to her plea. She supposed that some of them had the same problem that she did and she would overlook their lack of compassion. Many families had been lost. And many more would be lost. That, unfortunately, was just how the world worked.

"You have done so much more than other have, Whistle, and any help is a step in the right direction." She danced on her claws, eager to leave, but knowing that she must wait for a time. At least until the songbird got back. "And I hope that I am able to return the favor, and help find your son and daughters. As your companion can probably attest, sometimes it is easier to look for family from the air than the ground. In some cases." And she really did want to help, at least in return for the compassion that she was being shown. "I will tell them if I see them, you have my word." She bowed her head.

"Oh my." She nodded at the warning, taking it to heart. "I will be sure to do so."

"Thank you so much, Aria. It means a lot that you are willing to do this for me." She smiled at the other mare. "And thank you. So much."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:39 pm
Whistle tilted her head, keeping her expression gentle as she noted the shadows around the other mare's eyes. She could guess what this lovely stranger had been through, since she had experienced something quite similar in her own travels. It was hard to lose everything you know and loved, and then attempt to reach out to strangers for their help in recovering it. Sometimes you were lucky in those you crossed paths with, other times you were not.

Whistle had experienced more of the former rather than the latter, for which she was supremely grateful. Considering Miela and the expression on her face, this mare had not been quite so lucky. She had clearly spent much time looking for her lost family, but received little to know help in that endeavor. Whistle's heart ached for her.

"Forgive some of the natives, if you can." Whistle offered after a moment of consideration, her voice gentle and the words soft-spoken. "With the influx of the Great Herd, the Kalona invasion... Many died, and many more lost their homes or their families. Herds and clans scattered... We are all healing, and striving to return to more balanced selves. But for some the loss has been great, and they may not be the most forthcoming."

At the comment that felt like a compliment and what was somewhat unexpected, she flicked her tail, giving a faint duck of her head and a smile. "I am glad to be of service to you. I have been where you stand, it was painful... If I can spare you that, I will do so."

She gave a wider smile at the mention of her children. "I sincerely hope that you may encounter them when traveling, wings would make my life much easier I feel! You must be able to travel a great distance, in addition to getting a better view of things at a distance. Aria does like to remark on it, from time to time."

At the promise to look out for her children, Whistle inclined her head in a quiet thanks. "And I sincerely hope you do not have to encounter him, or his children. He has three, two girls and a boy, and they strongly resemble him. Two are winged, I beg you to have care."

Aria gave a cheerful trill and another nod, before flitting off into the sky.

"It is my pleasure, I hope we can be of aid... And once you have found them, perhaps you can send word? I would like to hear of your success."

Flittering away from the wind herd after she passed on the description of Miela and what she was looking for, Aria traveled to a nearby colony of hummingbirds. She quickly crooned the news, nodded at the promise she received, and then bolted back into the sky. There was much to be done before she returned to the mares, and daylight was passing.

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:02 pm
Miela was so happy that she had found this kind mare. Maybe Whistle wasn't as helpful as someone who had seen her family, but it was nice that she seemed to care, at the very least, and it was beyond nice that she was willing to help. No one she'd met up until this point had even been willing to attempt to help. There just wasn't anything that they could do, apparently. They had to look after their own affairs, after all. She wasn't too concerned, or hurt, by the experiences that she'd had, but it was so nice to find someone who was at least willing to help.

She let her wings sag a little bit, letting them rest. She was tired from all her flying, and normally she wouldn't let anyone know that, but she trusted the mare and her bird, for some reason. Miela felt like she could relax, let go a little. And, as much as she wanted to jump right up and start looking for her family again, she knew she had to rest. Perhaps, now, she could take a moment and just... spend some time with someone other than herself for a while. Things did get awfully lonely sometimes.

"I understand that they have... their own issues to deal with. I know that a lot of them are in the same position that I am, but, given the reversal of our roles, I would try to help them, even if it was just a promise to keep my eyes open and looking for their missing." She countered softly. That was what she would do, if anyone had asked her for help. She'd even offered a time or two, but no one wanted to take her up on even the simplest of offers.

"You are most kind. Probably the kindest that I have met since I arrived here. Even with some of your family still in the wind, you are willing to help me. There are no words for how much that means to me." Miela bowed her head slightly, hiding her eyes which had begun tearing up. No one else had been so kind. She couldn't think of the words that would make her gratitude known.

Miela laughed and held her wings out, showing them off a little. "Yes, wings do make live a bit easier. It is not as easy to get off the ground as it is for the winds, but once I am in the air..." She trailed off, sounding wistful. "There is nothing like it. And yes, those winged among us can move quite swiftly. The view, though, is like nothing you can imagine. I just wish it was easier to find my family." She folded her wings back up and shrugged. "But then, they can fly too, so its understandable that we miss each other from time to time." Smiling sadly, she shrugged.

"I will keep my eyes open and avoid any of your dark children. I have no wish to get into any entanglements if I can avoid them." Miela watched the bird flit off for skies unknown and smiled slightly. "If course I will send word! I will probably bring them around to meet you, because if I do find them, it will probably be because of you.When. When I find them."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:03 pm
User ImageWhistle was a bit disappointed that more of the Soquili in the land weren't at least moderately interested in helping someone find their loss kin. She would like to think that in the wake of such a disaster they would be jumping to help rebuild the bonds of family wherever possible, in the hopes that they would be strong enough to withstand a second assault or all the quicker strengthen the community. Even if the motives behind the kindness were not altogether selfless, she preferred the outcome.

'Nothing to be done about it now, though perhaps later...' She thought to herself and then shook it off with another faint smile. She was glad to see that Miela seemed to be relaxing the longer she was on the ground. Hopefully when she set out next she'd have a better direction, and more energy.

"That they do." She agreed gently. "And I am sure you would. And there are times when they can remember it, and times when their own grief and loss overwhelms them. I try not to think ill of them, even though I was once in your very place, with no memory of myself or my loved ones save the fact that I knew they were lost. Some helped me and some did not, and I hope that one day those that could not help me for their own grief are given some aid... And can in turn pass it onward."

It was hard, with so many of the clans and herds moving about in the wake of the Kalona. She was sure there were some of those she knew that were now dead, but hopefully they were at least at peace in their rest...

The compliment made Whistle duck her head, shyly hiding behind her mane for a moment. "Oh... Not so much as all that, I am sure.. As for being willing to help, I would not want someone else to suffer because I was so selfish I wanted to find all of my family before helping another find theirs. That to me would be a grave sin indeed, and not worthy of either of us."

Whistle smiled gently and craned her head, nosing the mare's cheek when she noticed the tears. "Chin up now, you'll find them. Of that at least, I am sure. And perhaps when you do, you can bring them to meet me and mine? I would like to think we will all be together again... And it would lighten my heart to know all was well with you."

Which was perhaps a little bit of her motherly instinct escaping, but there was no helping it really. Instead of dwelling Whistle smiled at the description of flight, allowing herself a brief glance upward and a moment to consider it. She had never danced with the clouds, not bound to the earth as she was, but it was always thrilling to see those who could, or to hear their stories once they landed.

"I envy you and your views, and I am sure one day it will help you find them. After all, if both halves are looking for each other, sooner or later one of them must be found." She gave a soft laugh. "My mate made that statement in the form joke to me, after we found each other again. Since we are both searching for our children still, it helps to remember."

The fact that her conversation turned to her dark son made her heart ache, and she gave a stoic nod. All she could do was warn others of how lost he was, and hope they came to no harm. "When you find them it will because you were all searching for each other, I am happy to be just a friend you met on the way. Still, as I hope to one day be a leader in this community, I will do my best to seek out those like you, and hope I can send them in your direction if I am lucky enough to find them before you."

"Enough of that for the moment, I think..." She gave a faint nod and another smile. "On to a lighter topic! Now tell me, if you will... Is there a herd or a special someone you will be returning to? Or do you plan to settle somewhere in this land and stay?"

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:11 pm
Miela nodded a bit, agreeing with her statement. She didn't blame others for being wrapped up in their own problems. It was an easy thing to do, to forget that there were others who needed help. Miela was probably guilty of the same thing, at some point. She tried, though, not to get wrapped up in her losses and to focus on what others might need. Still tries. And is successful most of the time.

"I like the idea of passing it onward. Helping others is... pleasant." And it was nice to help others, even if those others wouldn't help her. That's not what it was about.

"Yes, it is so much as all that." Miela smiled at her. "At least it does to me." Fluffing out her wings, she settled back on her hooves, picking up on her her forefeet and flexing her claws a few times. She had landed pretty hard and it felt a little strange. It wasn't like it was the first time she'd strained the foot, nor would it be the last. Miela knew better than to land hard, but sometimes she just did it anyway.

Blinking at the touch, she smiled a bit through her tears. She didn't startle, even though it had been so long since someone had touched her in such a comforting manner. "I think I would like that, for your family to meet mine. Once our families are complete, or maybe before. Depending on how long it takes, and how long I want to stay away from my new friend." Miela grinned at her, taking the liberty of calling her a friend, but it seemed like they were. It felt right. So, she went with it.

Laughing softly, she shook her head. "You can't envy me, honestly. I hope that we all find what we are looking for, however. Your children, my sister. It would be so nice if the world would work like that."

"Leader of a community?" She twitched her ears forward, interested. "What sort of community? With your family? How do you plan to lead something like that?" Miela was really curious about that. The idea of being part of something, to lead something, like that, was fascinating. It made her wonder why, it made her wonder about the idea of a Dark son. Her child didn't have any affiliation to the light, or the dark. She just... was. Miela supposed she was too. She'd never given it much thought.

She perked up again, wondering. "I think there is a Flock nearby, that I may investigate. I plan to stay here, because this is where they will be, when I find them. This is where my daughter is." Miela smiled, taking a moment to glance around. "I think I may like it here, some day."

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:17 pm
User Image
"I think we would all be stronger for it if we strove to help each other, whether we got something out of it or not." The indigo Fayth nodded. "Good, it is settled then. When your family is found, you'll have to visit me and mine. We'll be glad to host you for as long as you wish to stay, I know my son would be most happy to ply you with all sorts of questions in exchange for any number of stories. As for how long you should stay away from your new friend, I have it on good authority she will be pleased to see you again, as soon as you can manage it."

Whistle gave a grin and a soft laugh, her heart lightened by the thought of Miela finding her family and returning to visit. It was good to be among friends. "Yes, it would be nice... And I have faith that one day the world will be like that, and we will be reunited with those we love."

Whistle wasn't sure what made her admit that she one day wanted a herd, at least not aloud and to one she had so recently met. She had done it before of course, in her homeland, and was used to guiding the Clan here. Of course, everything they experienced here as also tied with memories of once was, to memories of her mate advising her sons on matters of leadership and war or defense, to guiding and teaching them what he could, to him reaching out to those around them and building relationships of trust and skill.

Whistle had been there, by his side, all the while. She was the sympathetic shoulder, the willing ear, an emotion guide to Ballad's physical. She thrived on that position of love and understanding, of being in the midst of the group and tending to their happiness and contentment. She missed that, being the guardian of that fragile trust. And because she longed to have it again, Whistle wanted to build a herd, one day, a safe haven for her family and friends. She wanted the security of her herdmates eyes, of knowing none of them would again lose a foal to a Skinwalker or a Kalona's rabid hunger. She wanted to offer them healing when they were injured, to ensure there was someone that could teach them the winds if they were born with wings to carry them aloft. Whistle wanted all she loved to be safe and happy, and a herd would help make that so.

Since she had already admitted it, Whistle figured she might as well elaborate. "Ah, yes. It is my hope that one day my mate and I may claim lands and build a herd here... And while our family would be at the heart of it I am sure most, if not all, of our friends would also be invited to settle and live with us. It is not so strange, for we have done so before... In our old homeland we did have a herd, but with the cataclysm and the scattering of our family... Well, I would like to think that I will get my family together again soon, and then a herd would be a relatively simple task."

She was happy to hear that Miela was considering settling here, and felt that the Flock would be a good thing indeed if the mare could find contentment and friends there. Flock or Herd, it would help to keep her safe, from Kalona and Skinwalker alike. "I am glad to hear that you think to stay here, and it is joyous indeed that you may find a home where your daughter already dwells."

As terrible as the attacking Kalona had been, Whistle knew that Kalona could be reasoned with. Could be negotiated or argued into a different standpoint. Some of them were stubborn or intractable, and yes they could be downright hateful, but there were degrees. There were shades of gray in Kalona, which meant they were not the biggest evil one might encounter. And if Miela was new to this place, Whistle could at least make sure she knew...

"The Great Herd isn't the only trouble we've had in this land." Whistle continued after taking a moment to consider how to bring it up. "If you are to stay you should know of them. There are Skinwalkers in this place, wicked mares and stallions with sharp teeth and paws like great beasts. They can change shape at will, becoming great hunting cats or wolves or bears, or other creatures the likes of which I have no name for and hope to never see again."

Considering her new friend once again, Whistle was glad at least Miela had wings, and the claws on her front legs looked like they would aid her well in self defense.

"Since you can fly, I think there are a great many of them you will be safe from should you ever cross paths. But there are others, that turn into great owls or things like serpents with wings. So I would wish you care and luck, that you do not ever cross paths with those foul creatures. Until then, I bid you farewell my new friend, and I wish you all the best in your search."

With a faint nod and a smile, the indigo mare stepped back to let her new friend depart. With a final faint nod she turned away, heading toward her home and knowing that her familiar would catch up once the message had been passed. In the mean time, there was still much work to be done.

DarkenWoodWolf

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:55 pm
((This RP is considered finished as DarkenWoodWolf has relinquished RP rights to Miela)).

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games