User ImagePainted Moose:The sun was bright and warm, which put Scheherazade on edge. She yawned into her soft paw, rubbing it across her eyes as she went out in search of a paritcular leopard. "Hu!" Her voice was soft, but loud, louder than usual. Scheherazade was on a mission and she wouldn't be stopped!

Velveteen Angel:
Hu was in the tree top, watching the pride mil around with little interest except that they appeared like ants on the ground level of the pride. From the canopy, he could see far, but it was not sight that allerted him to Scheherazade's mission, but sound. His ears twitched and he glanced around, trying to find where the sound had come from, but he didn't yell back. That would be too much effort, and also, he didn't even understand why the female was after him. Inwardly he snorted to himself, perhaps she couldn't resist his charm any longer?

Painted Moose:
Scheherazade curled the right half of her upper lip, and leapt into the lowest branch of the nearest tree. She set out to climbing further, scouting along both the trees and the ground as she went. There were things she needed to discuss with the male once she found him, but like so many other males in her life, they were never around when she needed them. She leapt from one branch to a separate tree, and looked up, spotting her prey. "Have you gone deaf in your old age? I was calling for you."

Velveteen Angel:
He stared down at her with a disinterested expression on his face. "You are clever, you would find me without my needing to shout like a lunatic," he responded calmly, raising a brow at her and looking mildly confused. "What is it that you require me for, Scheherazade?"
User Image

Painted Moose:
Scheherazade showed neither pleasure at having been complimented, nor the aggrivation she felt at having been blown off. Could he not see this was a serious matter? "You have no den mate." She stated rather bluntly, without any measure of embarrassment. Her eyebrows were raised, maw turned into a pert line. "And I have one of the largest." It was true; she had made sure of it when she found out she was pregnant.

Velveteen Angel:
Hu's brows rose immediately at her rather blunt statement. He thought it over carefully and glanced at her with a calm expression. "I do not have a den mate. You do not have one either." What was she getting at? Was she getting at what he thought she was getting at?

Painted Moose:
She nodded her head, moving in closer so that she would only be down at a slight angle from him on a thicker branch. "And what do you think of this? As members of the Council should we not find a way to fix this problem so that necessary den space would not be wasted?" If her heart beat any faster in her chest it might bring a flush about her cheeks.

Velveteen Angel:
They were awfully close together now. This was strange. Hu was not used to being that close to another leopard, and certainly not one as pretty as Scheherazade. His heart began thumping in his chest but his appearance remained composed. "I suppose, since the colony is expanding such that it would be...foolish to waste such prime den space...perhaps we could consolidate our den spaces...and simply...share. Together." This did not feel awkward at all. Nope, not one bit. Hu wasn't entirely sure what he was doing, but the adrenalin was flowing such that he didn't even care anymore. It was like he was free-falling and didn't even care if he hit the ground.

Painted Moose:
Scheherazade swallowed and shakily exhaled. Her composure, despite her hardest, had become quite ruffled. She uneasily shifted from paw to paw. She had never expected Hu to agree to it. A handsome male such as himself and in his position...Her gamble had certianly paid off. "It would be a very...wise choice." Their eyes totally hadn't locked for a second, right? No, she was certainly imaginging that, but she thought they might have, at some point during their long moons of knowing one another. She didn't care that her cheeks were as bright as a blood moon, nor did she care that she had a vulnerable, tender look about her now that everything was working out. "Should I expect to see you tonight?"

Velveteen Angel:
Hu was amazed that she could look even prettier. That look of vulnerability, the flush on her cheeks, it made her look approachable. Softer. Sweeter. It was amazing. She looked nervous though, almost as nervous as he felt...should he do something to reassure her? He should. But what? Oh no, he wasn't good at this whole 'lets be social and sweet' thing. He was better at being cold. Distant. Being a jerk, he could do that.
He hesitated, before touching his paw to her flushed cheek.

"I will see you tonight." It was a promise. Awkwardly said, a bit of a shake to his usual deep raspy voice.

Painted Moose:
Scheherazade sighed into his paw, and smiled as bright as the moon itself. His touch was as gentle to her as a feather with a core she knew to be as strong as stone. The shake in his voice made him all the more endearing. She would never be able to truly open up to him to say the things she felt, but when looking at him they bubbled up in her chest. Distant, like the wind, she could watch him, as if he were the sun itself, but would being this close burn her? "Until then." She brushed her spotted cheek against his paw, and turned to leave, pausing to look over her shoulder once before leaping down the branches towards the Earth below.

Velveteen Angel
Hu watched her go with a look of confusion as his heart pumped violently in his chest. He was anxious suddenly, confused but thoroughly excited. Had...had he just gained a mate? This was not the normal way of doing so, but he was happy. Actually happy. It was a strange feeling to have.

He sat there happy, watching the crowd move when a sudden thought struck him. Oh god. How was he going to tell Ua? He groaned and burried his head in his paws. Maybe he could just hide it from her forever.