Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)
TP shop event has ended. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Excited?
  Yes
  No
  Karan is greatest mod! (Promote him!!!)
  Option above is a joke
View Results

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:13 pm
Darkfire Karan
Shadow of Miracles
Darkfire Karan
The event is now up! Check out the TP shot for more details. Also discuss your thoughts here for a chance to get a rare exclusive Digimon never given out before!

We're allowed to use only one of the items?

Or are we allowed to only use the items once per digimon?

Any item once per event. Meaning you get one of each regardless if its a different Digimon

I'm still confuse. What do you mean by "any item once per event"? Where do events come into play? I'm just really confused also I have some things I want to say about this tp shop event.

First, the amount of TP that you are asking for each item is...ridiculous. that actually is the best word I can use to describe it because there are only 6 people in the entire guild who actually have over 80,000 tp and two of them are not that active recently meaning only 4 people can actually take advantage of this offer. Even the lowest items which are 40,000 tp is still ridiculous high considering many members haven't even gotten 10,000 tp. The first and second digimon extra partners are 10,000 and 25,000 tp each and you're asking for numbers that are triple those values.

Second, the duration of this event is very short especially for the amount of TP that you are asking for. If part of the purpose for the high tp is to have members post more than you gotta give them more than 3 days to earn 4,000 or more posts (again ridiculous).

Lastly, this event only benefits senior members. When you dropped your hint, I figured that it meant that senior members would benefit more but that new members would still get to participate. This event practically excludes all new members and rather than rewarding the entire guild, you are only targeting a very specific group of people (6 members).

Summary: TP cost is ridiculous high, not enough time is given for members to attempt to collect the necessary number of TP, and this event excludes new members.

Sorry for the wall of text but those are my thoughts. It's a kinda cool idea, but seeing the amount of TP that's required is just a turn off and since all those items can be acquired from events and contests then it's better to focus on making new events where all players can participate and have an equal chance.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:48 pm
Shadow of Miracles

First of all I think you are misunderstanding, this is less of an event and more of a trail run to see if it is something that people like. The point is that these items are rewards for very dedicated people who have spent a long time in the guild and have become very dedicated by posting many times. We wanted the prices to be higher than a second and third partner because of this. Currently how the guild stands there are no real rewards for having more than 2.5k posts. We wanted to encourage even more posting. We were not targeting a small group of people, in fact many of us can't use everything or don't have digimon to use them on so no we are not trying to benefit ourselves. We are trying to reward those who have a high post count. It seems fair to me that people who have posted almost twice as much as those who got their 3rd partner would get some sort of reward. The reason that the crew seems to have high post counts and qualify for these rewards is because the crew are typically made up of long running and dedicated members who because of their long time in the guild have made a lot of posts and have made it their goal to better the guild. So yes they would have many posts.

But the point of this was not for us to get stronger Digimon (If you ask most of the crew they don't care about getting digimon most of the time) The point was to increase the desire to post and to earn an reward that was previously only given to those who happened to win one once or twice a year. In our books earning one is better than winning one.

These are ideas that have been petitioned for years and we as a crew finally decided to give it a trial and see how it goes. Literally hundreds of members have asked for a reward past 2.5k posts and the crew has never been able to come to an agreement before now.

SO that being said we have been listening to the members and are not trying to exclude people but in fact are giving the people what they want.

In summary: TP is high because it is a reward, the time is because it's a trial and that being said it could happen again at any time so it should encourage all members, including me to post more if they want a chance at things like the x anti.

Anyways, that's why, in the future please don't accuse the crew that works very hard for the benefit of this guild of being unfair or trying only to help ourselves. If you don't like something say what you don't like, don't attack people, it's not ok and it makes us not want to do things like this. It's not to hard to just say which things you don't like and why and give an alternative if you would like.  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

KiroMishima
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Shadow of Miracles

Mmk Imma take a deep breath and see if I can explain this in a nice way.

Quote:
I'm still confuse. What do you mean by "any item once per event"? Where do events come into play? I'm just really confused also I have some things I want to say about this tp shop event.

This is probably a typo on my part. Basically in this event we are giving everyone 1 of each item that is open for the event. (Clash, X, Eggs, etc) It's technically and event that will last for three days (Ends on 11:59 of 6/15/14 Central Time)

Quote:
First, the amount of TP that you are asking for each item is...ridiculous. that actually is the best word I can use to describe it because there are only 6 people in the entire guild who actually have over 80,000 tp and two of them are not that active recently meaning only 4 people can actually take advantage of this offer. Even the lowest items which are 40,000 tp is still ridiculous high considering many members haven't even gotten 10,000 tp. The first and second digimon extra partners are 10,000 and 25,000 tp each and you're asking for numbers that are triple those values.

Just checked, there are 11 people who can get them all. And like I said, this is a Trial. Its Alpha Testing, very exclusive but this mainly allows people to view what we can have in the TP shop as a permanent thing. This also doesn't mean we can lower the price at any time. All the (active) Mods agreed to these prices knowing full well whether they can use it or not. Also I remember old petitions where people did say they don't mind having high prices as long as we can have the freedom of using the items at will.
Quote:

Second, the duration of this event is very short especially for the amount of TP that you are asking for. If part of the purpose for the high tp is to have members post more than you gotta give them more than 3 days to earn 4,000 or more posts (again ridiculous).

Just cause we are asking for a ton of TP doesn't mean we will give people a chance to spam bumps till they can afford it. Its meant to be short and quick. Do you remember my X-mas contest? I don't recall you complaining about a contest that I gave away about 19 Digimon in less than a week and I recall you won about three Digimon from it. Again as I said above. This is exclusive at the moment but will be going to the public soon. All we ask is simple feedback on your Ideas to make it balanced so that future members can actually have this option in the future.

Quote:
Lastly, this event only benefits senior members. When you dropped your hint, I figured that it meant that senior members would benefit more but that new members would still get to participate. This event practically excludes all new members and rather than rewarding the entire guild, you are only targeting a very specific group of people (6 members).

But you see I said "only" meaning the shop add-on will and technically speaking I am right. But it still does benefit future members so that one day when they get TP and get their first mega, they might be able to something cool with their next Digimon and so fourth. Like X-Antibody their Wargerymon or even Omnimon. But again I'm giving you a voice to give real feedback and ideas on to make this better. Also 11 members.

Quote:
Summary: TP cost is ridiculous high, not enough time is given for members to attempt to collect the necessary number of TP, and this event excludes new members.

We made it mainly as an experiment to see peoples reaction on the items. But sadly it seems people care more about the prices then the actual fact that you don't have to wait for a contest to get these rare evolution opportunities. And for that I am sorry. But like you quoted me on "this event only benefits senior members" And yes that is true. And we did not make this event so people will start bumping, remember, I love to surprise people. Sadly, this is probably my first surprise no one was to thrilled to see? I guess no one wants an opportunity to have these in the marketplace?

Quote:

Sorry for the wall of text but those are my thoughts. It's a kinda cool idea, but seeing the amount of TP that's required is just a turn off and since all those items can be acquired from events and contests then it's better to focus on making new events where all players can participate and have an equal chance.

Hey man its cool we understand that people will get mad at first but slowly get into terms to like it once it gets better explained. (Like peanut butter and chocolate!) And don't fret man. New members will get a chance to do awesome things! But at the same time, we have to balance out what new members can and can't do when they start. (Its like making a mule and using them to get anything they one for one person.) Hope I answered your comments and concerns in a nice manner. Also noted. (Being noted is nothing bad fret not!)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:54 pm
Darkfire Karan
lief_7

Thank you Karan for answering to my opinion without accusing me of attacking people or accusing me of "complaining" because the event/trial run does not fully benefit me.

Do you see that lief? I like it when I'm not instantly being accused or judged because I stated my opinion after the point of this trial run is to hear members opinion.

I understand that my post did not read very well. After re-reading my post and seeing how calmly Karan responded to each of the things I had to say I was able to see things more clearly. I do apologize if my post came out too strong, it was not my intention to make the crew members feel like they were being attacked.

I will like to point out that the TP cost does not affect me in the least. I have 6,400 posts and I'm sure I can get to 7,000 posts so when I was writing my opinion I was not thinking about myself. I really was thinking about the newer members.

I can understand trying to get more members to post and even showing them what they could acquire by being active. However, the large amount of TP was just kind of shocking to me since I am an active member, I have dedicated a good amount of my time to DTI over the years that I have been a member and my post count is 6,400. So for other members to reach the required amount of TP for these items I thought that they might get too intimidated.

But after reading over your reply Karan, I think that you guys have the right idea going. I mean I'm not going to lie after I got to the 2,500 posts there wasn't much else for me to do and I'm sure that the amount of times I used to post have maybe decreased. But if these high TP are my next goal then I am more motivated to post and be even more active because the rewards waiting would be something really great.  

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:06 pm
Shadow of Miracles
Darkfire Karan
lief_7

Thank you Karan for answering to my opinion without accusing me of attacking people or accusing me of "complaining" because the event/trial run does not fully benefit me.

Do you see that lief? I like it when I'm not instantly being accused or judged because I stated my opinion after the point of this trial run is to hear members opinion.

I understand that my post did not read very well. After re-reading my post and seeing how calmly Karan responded to each of the things I had to say I was able to see things more clearly. I do apologize if my post came out too strong, it was not my intention to make the crew members feel like they were being attacked.

I will like to point out that the TP cost does not affect me in the least. I have 6,400 posts and I'm sure I can get to 7,000 posts so when I was writing my opinion I was not thinking about myself. I really was thinking about the newer members.

I can understand trying to get more members to post and even showing them what they could acquire by being active. However, the large amount of TP was just kind of shocking to me since I am an active member, I have dedicated a good amount of my time to DTI over the years that I have been a member and my post count is 6,400. So for other members to reach the required amount of TP for these items I thought that they might get too intimidated.

But after reading over your reply Karan, I think that you guys have the right idea going. I mean I'm not going to lie after I got to the 2,500 posts there wasn't much else for me to do and I'm sure that the amount of times I used to post have maybe decreased. But if these high TP are my next goal then I am more motivated to post and be even more active because the rewards waiting would be something really great.

Sorry not trying to attack, I was just letting you know how it comes across and how it is viewed by the crew. Telling people that they are only trying to help certian people comes off as an attack especially when we are only working to mke the guild a better place. Not trying to attack anyone, as that would never be my goal. I appoligize if i offended, I just cant stand for the actions of the crew to constantly be questioned. We dont deserve it and we work really hard to make this place enjoyable. Not that you can't share opinions but there is a calm way to do it. Sorry again, must have been a hard day at work today. Anyways, have a great weekend and glad Karan could help you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:13 pm
lief_7
Shadow of Miracles
Darkfire Karan
lief_7

Sorry not trying to attack, I was just letting you know how it comes across and how it is viewed by the crew. Telling people that they are only trying to help certian people comes off as an attack especially when we are only working to mke the guild a better place. Not trying to attack anyone, as that would never be my goal. I appoligize if i offended, I just cant stand for the actions of the crew to constantly be questioned. We dont deserve it and we work really hard to make this place enjoyable. Not that you can't share opinions but there is a calm way to do it. Sorry again, must have been a hard day at work today. Anyways, have a great weekend and glad Karan could help you.

I understand, like I said after reading my post again I realized that my comments came off too strong. I was not questioning your decisions, I was just stating my opinion. You guys wanted feedback, but I didn't express my opinions well and you jumped to conclusions too early.

So I think we can both agree that we jumped the gun.  

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Dstdnt

Gallant Knight

13,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:56 pm
Given that up to 16 members who have been active within the last few months are able to purchase at least the lowest price items, albeit not all who really do want it, I do see this as being a great way to promote more posting since most Tamers slow down on the TP postings, and now we have an idea of the projected amounts that might be coming in another event. Now I'm wishing I had about double the amount of posts I have. XD Still, great alternative to otherwise having to win the specific items, so we'll have to see how it goes, but great mini-event Karan. 3nodding More uses for TP, and then some lol. Although it's termed as an alpha test event and also a sale, I could easily see this come back along with other sales that have been held before, most that have also ran for about a week or a weekend as well, to be a recurring sale every so often, which we shall try to do for not only veteran Tamers but like the earlier sales were for all as well included.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:23 am
Shadow of Miracles

Hey man no worries! Besides While X-Antibody is insainly high right now, we are gonna do some tweaks to make it better and at the same time more balanced. When I first joined the guild, we only had 3 X-antibody Digimon in the guild. (Agumon, Tokomon, Beelzemon) But now we got TONS! And over time it seems tamers have been getting less freedom with what they can do. EX. The mutate evolution nerfs and the unexpected evolution changes.

Currently we are considering to lower its price a bit but now making it where you can only use it in a certain amount of time. (Like your Batterymon's Power Change for example)  

KiroMishima
Crew

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:39 am
Darkfire Karan
Shadow of Miracles

Hey man no worries! Besides While X-Antibody is insainly high right now, we are gonna do some tweaks to make it better and at the same time more balanced. When I first joined the guild, we only had 3 X-antibody Digimon in the guild. (Agumon, Tokomon, Beelzemon) But now we got TONS! And over time it seems tamers have been getting less freedom with what they can do. EX. The mutate evolution nerfs and the unexpected evolution changes.

Currently we are considering to lower its price a bit but now making it where you can only use it in a certain amount of time. (Like your Batterymon's Power Change for example)

Giving a recharge time would be a good idea to limit a power like this. Yeah, I think this can work, but would the items still be given away in contests?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:48 am
Shadow of Miracles
Darkfire Karan
Shadow of Miracles

Giving a recharge time would be a good idea to limit a power like this. Yeah, I think this can work, but would the items still be given away in contests?

Oh yea absolutely! We don't want the people that worked hard for their items to feel like they are now useless. But I will say this right now. We are not gonna be giving out the Digi-Egg of Darkness and a prize ever. It's currently to over powered to just simply give away.  

KiroMishima
Crew

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:54 am
Darkfire Karan
Shadow of Miracles
Darkfire Karan
Shadow of Miracles

Oh yea absolutely! We don't want the people that worked hard for their items to feel like they are now useless. But I will say this right now. We are not gonna be giving out the Digi-Egg of Darkness and a prize ever. It's currently to over powered to just simply give away.

This is the first time I've seen the digiegg of darkness so I'm actually quite excited about using it, but it's powers are very strong. Being a to digivolve to any limited champion or armor is really powerful.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:17 am
Shadow of Miracles
Darkfire Karan
Shadow of Miracles
Darkfire Karan
Shadow of Miracles

This is the first time I've seen the digiegg of darkness so I'm actually quite excited about using it, but it's powers are very strong. Being a to digivolve to any limited champion or armor is really powerful.

haha oh yea its powerful. But before It was even stronger. You can use it on any level digimon to level it up to any limited or lower Digimon. Ex. Etemon Digiegg of darkness to ShineGreymon  

KiroMishima
Crew

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:32 am
Oh wow that is ridiculous lol good thing it was changed. I have one rookie digimon that I can use so I need to get those 7000 posts!
Darkfire Karan
Shadow of Miracles
Darkfire Karan
Shadow of Miracles
Darkfire Karan
Shadow of Miracles

haha oh yea its powerful. But before It was even stronger. You can use it on any level digimon to level it up to any limited or lower Digimon. Ex. Etemon Digiegg of darkness to ShineGreymon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:04 am
Shadow of Miracles

Nice who are you planning to get?  

KiroMishima
Crew

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:08 am
Darkfire Karan
Shadow of Miracles

Nice who are you planning to get?

It's a surprise =w= you'll see it once I can make the order

but it's a digimon I really really want and this might be the only way I can obtain him (aside from events/contests).  
Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff