Reply [IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]
Closed! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NchiMahadhi Pride

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:49 pm
This thread is closed. If you'd like a rank change from here on out, please apply here.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:50 pm
The Council

There are seven members of the pride's Council, consisting of the Malenga, the Lead Drummer, the Lead Singer, the Lead Dancer, the Captain, the Head Hunter/Huntress, and the Head Ambassador. This group of varied individuals promotes good foresight, critical thinking from different viewpoints, and ensures each faction of the pride has a voice amongst the higher ups.

Quote:
Malenga

The pride's Malenga is the equivalent of their king or queen. They are not only in charge of maintaining peace and order, but also the leader in all dances and chants, wearing the most jewelry and making the most noise. Though the title has typically been passed on from mother to eldest daughter, as of Nantale's rule, the Malenga is now elected by a vote.

Availability: 1/1
Acquired By: IC Election (See events post.)
Daily Duties:
- Leading dances, chants, and songs.
- Overseeing the general care of the pride.
- Helping to resolve problems and discontent within the pride.
- Confidentially tallying the votes for their replacement's election.
- Serving on Council.

Quote:
Lead Drummer

The Lead Drummer oversees the creation of all the pride's drums and often instructs younger or new members how to create their own. They lead the drumming in all Chants and Dances and so are required to know all drum beats as well as when to use them. Though the title has typically been passed on from mother to eldest daughter, as of Nantale's rule, the Lead Drummer selects their apprentice from any member of the pride, young or old, male or female.

Acquired By: Apprenticeship
Daily Duties:
- Overseeing drum creation and maintenance.
- Instructing Drummers and working alongside Crafters when necessary.
- Working with Ambassadors to keep the baboon population happy.
- Selecting and training appropriate apprentices.
- Serving on Council

Quote:
Lead Dancer

The Lead Dancer teaches cubs and newcomers the ways of the Dance. They oversee the creation of all the pride's jewelry and often instruct younger or new members how to create their own. If the Malenga is injured or otherwise unavailable, the Lead Dancer fills in for her during any and all dances.

Availability: 0/1
Daily Duties:
- Overseeing jewelry creation and maintenance.
- Instructing Dancers and working alongside Crafters when necessary.
- Serving on Council

Quote:
Lead Singer

The Lead Singer teaches cubs and newcomers the ways of the Chant. They are expected to provide voice lessons for any member who requests them or, if schedule conflicts with this, appoint an experienced vocal coach in their stead.

Daily Duties:
- Instructing Singers.
- Providing voice lessons or finding a vocal coach for any who ask, regardless of rank.
- Serving on Council

Quote:
Captain

The Captain is in charge of the pride's more military-centric ranks, which at this time includes him/herself and the guards. They are expected to create and enforce schedules to keep the pride protected around the clock, as well provide for any member who requests them or, if schedule conflicts with this, appoint an experienced instructor in their stead.

Daily Duties:
- Overseeing the general welfare of the guards.
- Creating and enforcing schedules and guard rotation.
- Providing mandatory routine training and sparring sessions for guards.
- Providing training or appointing a personal trainer for any who ask, regardless of rank.
- Bringing any security concerns to the Malenga.
- Serving on Council
- Leading guards into battle when necessary.

Quote:
Head Ambassador

Drum making was made much easier with the assistance of thumbs, and it is the Head Ambassador who first cultivated the relationship between baboons and lions. It is their job to maintain this relationship, ensuring both parties benefit. They are responsible for the baboon clan's well being, protecting them from predators and monitoring the health of forest that they live in. In return, the baboons watch over the pride's cubs and help them with some of the more finicky tasks of drum making.

The Head Ambassador also helps maintain good relations with other prides when necessary.

Daily Duties:
- Overseeing the general welfare of the baboons.
- Working with and settling disputes with the Drummers when necessary.
- Providing mandatory training for Ambassadors to teach skills vital to their role with both baboons and other prides .
- Bringing any concerns to the Malenga.
- Serving on Council

Quote:
Head Hunter/Huntress

The Head Hunter/Huntress is a superb hunter/huntress whose skills have stood out above the crowd. They have proven themselves by leading hunting parties and bringing home the bacon, so to speak, but now their job is more to manage and instruct.

Daily Duties:
- Overseeing the tasks of hunters.
- Making sure there is adequate food being brought home for the pride.
- Providing individual training for hunters and huntresses when time allows or assigning mentors to the lesser skilled.
- Bringing any concerns regarding herd movement or food shortage to the Malenga.
- Serving on Council

Limited Ranks

Quote:
Apprentice

Apprentices come in several varieties: Apprentice Drummer, Apprentice Singer, Apprentice Dancer, Apprentice Guard, and Apprentice Ambassador. While in many other prides the term suggests someone yet to master their craft, in the Nchi it is just the opposite; those with 'apprentice' before their title are the best of their lot, and among the pool of candidates ready to be voted into a leadership rule when their mentor steps down.

For example, the Lead Dancer will select a pool of apprentices from the rank of Dancer who show exceptional skill in their field, and when he or she retires, chooses from said apprentices who will fill their role.

An apprentice is an apprentice for life unless they willingly stepped down (in which case an Apprentice Dancer will simply become a Dancer) or are justifiably demoted. Apprentices can be selected from the young or old, male or female, and can be any species welcomed in the pride, including viable familiars.

It is acceptable -- though rarely done -- for a pride member to approach a leader about becoming an apprentice rather than being appointed.

Availability: Generally up to 5 max for each field.
Acquired By: IC, via selection; OOC, by applying in the Apprenticeship Thread.
Daily Duties:
- Duties equivalent to their rank. An "Apprentice Drummer" has the same duties as a regular Drummer, for example.

Quote:
Drummer

Assist in creating of all the pride's drums and instructing younger or new members how to create their own. They play their drums during Chants and Dances and so are required to know all drum beats as well as when to use them.

Availability: 1 / 5
Acquired By: Open Rank
Daily Duties:
- Maintaining good relationships with the baboons and Ambassadors
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of drums
- Playing drums during chants and dances

Quote:
Dancer

Assists in teaching cubs and newcomers the ways of the Dance. They also help in the creation of all the pride's jewelry and often instruct younger or new members on how to create their own.

Availability: 3 / 5
Daily Duties:
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of jewelry
- Dancing during chants and dances

Quote:
Singer

Assist in teaching cubs and newcomers the ways of the Chant. The veterans and most skilled among them often provide voice lessons.

Availability: 3 / 5
Daily Duties:
- Vocal coaching
- Singing during Chants

Quote:
Historian

Those well versed in the pride's history often choose to follow the path of a Historian. They are the primary source for all matters concerning what has been, from rulers past to the more recent Great Flood. They must have an astute memory and a dedication to their work, for without them, the pride's history is lost.

Availability: 2/3
Daily Duties:
- Teaching the youth or newcomers about the pride's history
- Answering any questions regarding the pride's history

Quote:
Bard

Usually larger than life performers who like to travel but still want a place to call home. They're encouraged to travel beyond pride borders to discover new material for their stories, but will also use the pride's history to help create songs and dances.

Availability: 1/3
Daily Duties:
- Performing
- Creating new songs and dances
- Storytelling

Quote:
Ambassador

The Ambassadors' primary job to maintain relationships with the baboon clan, ensuring both parties benefit. This includes protecting them from predators and monitoring the health of forest that they live in. In return, the baboons help watch over the pride's cubs and help them with some of the more finicky tasks of drum making.

Availability: 2 / 3
Daily Duties:
- Maintaining good relationships with the baboons.
- Protecting baboons from other predators, helping with upkeep of their homes, and bringing their grievances to the higher ups.
- Helping maintain peaceful relationships with neighboring prides when applicable.

Open Ranks

Quote:
Crafter

Assists with both drum construction and jewelry crafting, especially when dancers/drummers are busy with more artistic ventures. Often a rank chosen by pride members too introverted to enjoy the noise of chants/dances firsthand or by disabled members unable to participate.

Availability: Unlimited
Daily Duties:
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of both jewelry and drums

Quote:
Guards

As the name suggests, Guards keep watchful eyes on the lone entrance / exit of the pride. They also serve as soldiers in times of war.

Daily Duties:
- Training
- Guard duty
- Serving on the frontlines in times of war

Quote:
Nanny

Nannies have the primary duty of watching over cubs.

Daily Duties:
- Cubsitting

Quote:
Hunters / Huntresses

Hunters provide food for the pride. Though they are often unappreciated, their hard work is vital for the Nchi's survival.

Daily Duties:
- Hunting

Quote:
Youth

The default rank for all cubs.

Acquired By: N/A
Daily Duties: N/A

NchiMahadhi Pride

NchiMahadhi Pride

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:00 am
Yin-Bug

Kimaria

~Masamune~

SilverLutz

Talencia

MoonRazor

F a y t h - x

pinchmonster

Uta

Aurrific

fenshae

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

[ Lady Kiya ]

katersaur

Yureina

Safaia

DarkHeartedSorrows

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o

Lithia_Brandon

One over three

Graceangel

Katjive

Mimsey

Light Atago

Syrius Lionwing

Zingling

Manda

PhiferWolf

Ecavi

Cajanic

Kaelyndra

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:34 am
Hopefolly

SoA: Ndoto
New Rank: Lead Singer
Why he'll fit: Ndoto loves singing. It's really the only thing he feels confident at within the pride, since he doesn't really have that great of rhythm for drumming or dancing. When he sings he feels free and like he's a part of the great song that moves the pride as a whole. Amicable and always ready for action, Ndoto's growing fondness for Nantale would make him step up to offer his services as a council member as they're becoming better acquainted with each other. Having at least one friend on the council would, in his eyes, be as good a reason as any to give his aid. As one of the co-leaders of the lions that arrived a few years ago, he already has some experience with leading other lions. He's always willing to lend a paw, whether it's with singing or something else. OOCly, I'm pretty reliable to be around whenever I'm needed with the exception of 10 days coming up in June when I'll be out of the country.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:50 am
I'm a little torn between Bard and Apprentice Ambassador, but Auri likes traveling and visiting other prides. :3 The only part of the Ambassador that'd be tricky. He might inwardly find it a little dubious to deal with the babboons at times. x3

Auri  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:58 am
Hopefolly

SoA's Name: Raidne
Interested Rank: Singer
Why?: She's always been more of a singer than anything else when she's been played, and I believe she would fit the rank well. She does her best to be humble, and would probably enjoy teaching more than she realizes at this point in time ICly! smile

SoA's Name: Chache
Interested Rank: Artisan
Why?: Sadly he's pretty blank but I like the RP opportunities that a crafter would have in Nchi.

And if the boy I want to put in Nchi is accepted, he would just be a hunter.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:30 pm
SilverLutz

Accepted. Note the rank change isn't in effect yet. I'll give you more details once everything else is organized. <3 Takin' it step-by-step.

Graceangel

I'll put him down as Bard for now. :3 He can always apply for apprenticeship in the future when the thread is actually up (which will be soon; taking things step-by-step for now). We'll need a Head Ambassador before there can officially apprentice ones anyway. Bare with me.

Safaia

Got 'em. Other boy is accepted too. (I'll accept him "officially" when I get to redoing that thread. <<;; )  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:33 am
SoA's Name: Isithunzi
Interested Rank: Historian
Why?: Isithunzi is one of the original members of the pride before the plague, she fled when she was young. When she returned, she was the Umshayi, knowledgeable in drumming, the pride's history, the role of rhythm, as well as the older ways of the pride. She stepped down as she is aging, and Historian seems like a good retirement role for her. :3

SoA's Name: Jua Na-Taka
Interested Rank: Drummer
Why?: Taka has always done some drumming, and as the former Umshayi's daughter, has taken great interest in her youth learning from her mother.  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:07 am
Hey, I got somebody who's not on the owner's list... But is still a member, as far as I can remember! Amara has been away for a bit(I think she missed the flood by it, so is otherwise unaware it happened) looking for family and finally came home! Since her rank no longer exists(And I can't remember what it meant), she'd like to be a Nanny, so she can tell cubs about the prides she's visited and hopefully foster ties to them! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:39 am
Hopefolly

Character: Siesha
Desired Rank: Dancer!

Character: Tarian
Desired Rank: Dancer - she is mute, so if this is not an acceptable trait for a dancer, I understand. In which case, she would be a Huntress.

Character: Sucana
Desired Rank: Singer

Character: Jamiri'da
Desired Rank: Historian

Character: Gosset
Desired Rank: Ambassador - Goss was adopted into the pride as a pup, but I never got him certed unfortunately. I'm not even sure if I I ever applied for him to join. If it's alright, I'd like to treat it as if he was there from adoption. I was going to just have him leave as an adult, but with the new rankings that don't require coordination (he's an utter clutz), I think he'd be more likely to stick around.

Sorta related, but I wasn't sure where to ask... will adols still be sent off on a drum-making quest?

Also related, I'd like to offer Sikukuu as an allied pride! I think they'd work well together, since Sikukuu uses performances as entertainment, and would love an singing/dancing exchange between the prides. Guest performers could visit both ways, and make life interesting!  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:43 am
SoA's Name: Csoa
Interested Rank: Ambassador (Apprentice if you see fit)
Why?: Csoa is calm, used to socialization, and traveling. As a general rule, he enjoys keeping busy and giving a helping hand when needed. He would be more than delighted to talk with baboons and maintain not only peace but heartfelt cooperation. He's unlikely to be able to fully defend the baboons, but he'll certainly take their grievances to the higher powers.

-

Hanyu defaulting to hunter is a-okay.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:02 am
Andranis

Quick Note: The flood was over two years ago at this point, just as a head's up for timeline sake. Also, she would have been informed of the flood pretty quick, and so would know of it IC as of an RPs she's in. It's just too big a deal for someone not to have mentioned it. XD

Otherwise, yep, looks good. I'll add her to the list. biggrin

Talencia

On Tarian: Totally fine! Nantale would actually find a mute to be safer as a dancer than a huntress. Not being able to communicate when you're out hunting could endanger her and others. (Not that she'd say any of this aloud, of course. Political correctness, go.)

On Goss: You can absolutely assume he was there all along.

About drum quests: When I'm done here, I'll go answer you in the OOC discussion thread so that other people can reference it. I completely forgot to retype that info, so thank you for reminding me.

Sikukuu: Sounds fabulous! We need to discuss some geography and figure out how far apart they are, since the lions can't teleport and it's sometimes unclear where newer prides are located these days. XD PM me about this one, please? =D

Kael

REMEMBER THAT TIME IVER DIED?

Looks good. If no one better suited applies for it by next Saturday, Csoa will be promoted to Head Ambassador because of Nantale's IC fondness / belief in him.

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:32 am
See what I mean by "Where was my brain"? xd ; I think it was more focused on the Bahari part of the flood plot emo

With how fast she was informed, and how far she wandered, it'd be semi-believable to say she took a while to get home... Given how big Africa is, and how far she'd have to travel and how LONG... So she's clearly missed a LOT xd

Amara: WaitwhatwhatWHA? emotion_jawdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:40 am
Andranis

Aye, I know how big Africa is, and I wasn't implying she couldn't have been gone that long. XD The two years thing was just a head's up, like I said, so that you'd know just how long she would have had to be gone and could plan it out accordingly.

Shortly after returning, Amara would have been told or somehow heard about it, so as of right now she wouldn't be entirely clueless about the flood. It would, logically, be one of the first things pretty much anyone said to her because it's such huge news and had such an effect on so many things, including the absence of their former neighbors and the condition of their land (which they have to walk through to get to the Nchi lands) among other things. 3nodding

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:47 am
Hopefolly
Andranis

Aye, I know how big Africa is, and I wasn't implying she couldn't have been gone that long. XD The two years thing was just a head's up, like I said, so that you'd know just how long she would have had to be gone and could plan it out accordingly.

Shortly after returning, Amara would have been told or somehow heard about it, so as of right now she wouldn't be entirely clueless about the flood. It would, logically, be one of the first things pretty much anyone said to her because it's such huge news and had such an effect on so many things, including the absence of their former neighbors and the condition of their land (which they have to walk through to get to the Nchi lands) among other things. 3nodding

Aaah, that was just me figuring out the logic of her being gone for two years+ xd ~ heart

Amara: -Weeps for the lost-  
[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces