Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Paris!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

There were so many things I saw and did, I can't not fit them into one single poll
  But the Obelisk was the best
  That, and the Cat Cafe
View Results

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 pm
Alright, so I'm back to the guild and now I'm gonna rant about my life, as we all do.

For the last 3 weeks, I was off in Paris with my cousin, and it was a total blast. I did start to miss my kitties a lot towards the end of the trip, but ignorin' that bit, it was perfect.

I took way too many pictures. One album is of the various touristy pictures I took in Paris: As seen here

The other, more fun, album is of THE ADVENTURES OF MR. CHAT AND RENARD, my cousin and I's animal totems, as they ventured around Paris: Seen here

For those who don't want to go through my pictures, here is me at the Eiffel Tower:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here is my cousin and I's animal totems (Mr. Chat and Renard) at the Eiffel Tower:

And here is the best part of Paris, the Obelisk:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:04 pm
I remember Paris, it was pretty.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:05 pm
It was really pretty, and very compact. I was so impressed on how well they used their space. Makes me wonder why we need so much space.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:46 am
Rugrats in Paris?  

Zombie Girl Ali

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:02 pm
The rugrats in paris movie soundtrack is where my music will be in like 2016-2019. Weirdness.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:44 am
that's super cool. paris seems nice. my mom went once and said is was gross and smelled bad. she's also pretty stuck up so idk. it always seemed like a nice place to visit. though honestly, the only thing i really ever hear about is the eiffel tower so my interest is pretty simple.

i read a story that there's this bridge where people lock a lock and throw the key in the river to signify their love and always being together. apparently it's bad for the bridge and ruining the historical sight. and apparently not even a real tradition, just an explosion of tourists suddenly into the idea since about '09. i thought it was an interesting story, though an unfortunate look at what the people living in a city have to deal with in the aftermath of tourists. especially because the bridge is literally being torn apart by literal tons of metal sitting on it. and the keys being tossed into the river beneath isn't any help to the ecosystem. and apparently metal locks are made out of too many different metals to properly recycle and reuse.

but uh... yeah, cool pictures and glad you liked it.  

CaptainTeaTime
Crew

Tipsy Darling

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:00 am
CaptainTeaTime
that's super cool. paris seems nice. my mom went once and said is was gross and smelled bad. she's also pretty stuck up so idk. it always seemed like a nice place to visit. though honestly, the only thing i really ever hear about is the eiffel tower so my interest is pretty simple.

i read a story that there's this bridge where people lock a lock and throw the key in the river to signify their love and always being together. apparently it's bad for the bridge and ruining the historical sight. and apparently not even a real tradition, just an explosion of tourists suddenly into the idea since about '09. i thought it was an interesting story, though an unfortunate look at what the people living in a city have to deal with in the aftermath of tourists. especially because the bridge is literally being torn apart by literal tons of metal sitting on it. and the keys being tossed into the river beneath isn't any help to the ecosystem. and apparently metal locks are made out of too many different metals to properly recycle and reuse.

but uh... yeah, cool pictures and glad you liked it.

Well, the streets did kinda reek of urine, so the smell was kinda bad in a few areas, but the views made up for it.

And the love lock bridge was actually quite beautiful. I didn't realize it had started just that shortly ago. They seem to switch out the bridge pieces so there's more room for locks and there's always someone there sellin' locks. I also didn't realize that the people throw the keys in the water, though there were police officers there, so maybe they try to prevent people from doin' that.

I must say, all the tour boats are what's really hurtin' that river. You can't go a few seconds without seein' another massive one goin' down it and pumpin' out fumes.  
River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games