Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:53 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Finished Season 12 today. So, I can finally respond to your earlier statements regarding it. biggrin

I was quite pleased with how they took the story-line for this season especially after the Chuck-God/Amara arc last season. Some shows tend to come off weak after a major big storyline but Supernatural definitely did not fall into that pit. They continued strongly and have left on the same good note to have it continue onwards to the next arc.

They did well with having Mary Winchester adjust to being alive again and learning about different ways of doing the hunting business, especially with modern technology. I liked how they explored the family dynamics between the boys and her, and interacting with some of her old hunter buddies. The whole British Men of Letters interaction was a hit and miss for me. I liked that they had her become involved with them and learn more about how they run things... but I didn't like the whole semi-romantic relationship that happened between her and Ketch. It seemed out of place to me, probably because I never picked up on any indications of such connections between the two.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I enjoyed Rick Springfield as Lucifer. He added a nice new flavor to the character of Lucifer while still tying in some of the classic "Mark Pellegrino" Lucifer qualities. Though Mark P. will always be the one and only Lucifer for me.

User Image

The Hitler episode was okay for me. I liked how they put a supernatural spin to the historical story of Hitler and how the Winchesters dealt with the situation. However, I felt it was a bit flat. I didn't see a good reason why they should have Hitler be brought back into the modern life. To live again? Okay, sure. To try taking over again? Good luck with that. It's a new age and things wouldn't be as easy. I only enjoyed it for the comical aspect of Dean shooting Hitler.... and just making a crossover connection with Doctor Who where Rory punched Hitler. Besides that, the Hitler episode was a dud for me.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

President Lucifer was a bit better and made sense that he would try to find a vessel where he would have a bit more power of things to get the upperhand.
It was already shown at the end of the final episode that the nephilim child - Jack- is a teenager now. So, there's already some indication that this is no ordinary child.

I was disappointed with how they showed Rowena's death. Considering she seemed to be gaining a bit more of a significant role in the dynamics of the storyline, it was a bit odd that she would be tossed aside so easily like that. I mean, I knew she would eventually be killed again after what she did to Lucifer but I expected a more epic farewell than Lucifer's "Oh, she's indisposed at the moment" comment with a burnt body laying on the ground by his feet and a lock of red hair in his hand.
Crowley's death seemed like a perfect way for his character to take his final bow. Mark Sheppard has been doing the role for quite some time and it sounds like he's ready to move on to other projects. And it seems like the perfect time. Crowley's story has come to a nice full circle where he learned more about himself (past and current), embraced human emotions and experiencing the significance of connections (family and ally ['cause "friend" isn't exactly a Crowley thing]), and learning what it means to be "King of Hell" and how it's not as cracked up to be as it sounds.
I'm on the fence about Castiel's death. I was confused on why Castiel ran into the alternate dimension after the others did their parts ((did they not explain the plan with Castiel?)) and were about to leave. Lucifer stabbing Castiel in the back? That was understandable. Castiel has been the pea-under-the-mattress for Lucifer for a long time and it was going to happen sooner or later that Lucifer would make a final revengeful move against him, especially after getting involved with the care of his child.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this Alternate Universe. I loved how they had AU!Bobby with his gun being named Rufus (and awesome about the angel blade bullets). Not to mention, they explained what happened with AU!John and AU!Mary... so there won't be any issues of two Marys running about in that environment. I am curious what AU!Lucifer is like in comparison to the version we've come to know so well. Plus the possibility of other AU! counterparts of some of our beloved characters (not just angels and demons but humans as well) showing up is pretty exciting.

Something I wish to ask before responding, how are you when it comes to Spoilers from the cast about the upcoming season currently in production?

EDIT: I just realized it, but that question may make it seem like such Spoilers are in the below Spoiler. There aren't any of that kind in there. I asked it because I wanted to know for future reference.

Agreed. They did continue strong after S11 and have even left us with something to go on for S13 that looks very promising.

It was interesting seeing her adjust to being alive again 33 years after her death. Returning to her old life, learning how to use new technology, and her bumpy relationship with her now adult children. I very much like how the British Men of Letters managed to convince her to join their crusade. The relationship with Ketch was interesting, but it was more of a co-workers with benefits kind of thing. I found it very satisfying when they managed to brainwash into becoming their Hunter Assassin and leaving her boys in the bunker to die. It was rather funny when Dean used the grenade launcher to get them out of that almost impossible to get out of situation.

It was rather comical that Dean gained bragging rights for killing Hitler and that nobody except maybe other Hunters would ever believe him.

Rockstar Lucifer was pretty good and it allowed Lucifer to get the idea to jump from body in a position of power to a higher position of power. This led to President Lucifer and the conception of the anti-Christ, who it turns out won't be such a bad guy after all. I guess it could make sense that the corruption of the Mark of Lucifer wouldn't pass through his seed.

Rowena's death was a bit anti-climactic and very disappointing. Such an unfitting end for it to happen offscreen like that. It would've been nice to see her at least try to escape &/or fight against him even though she'd know she wouldn't stand a chance against him.

Yeah I guess that was a fitting death for Crowley when you put it that way. He sacrificed himself to screw over Lucifer just one last time. Lucifer humiliated him and he tried to do that to Lucifer, but ultimately failed in the long run, so he had to resort to a last resort measure. Better to go out dealing a stinging blow to your foe than to be straight out annihilated by them.

The AU will be interesting and it'll definitely be interesting to see the Winchesters taking on the role of father figures to the anti-Christ Jack to make sure he doesn't do anything horrible by accident and to make sure he isn't taken by a person that would use him for evil. Now that he is their only ticket to saving their mother, they've been forced into that situation. As for AU Lucifer, I think he's probably gonna be like the Future Lucifer from the Future Timeline where Zachariah brought Dean to visit in order to show him what would happen if he refused to be Michael's vessel. Of course since Sam and Dean never existed in that AU, his permanent vessel will obviously be someone other than Sam.

When it comes to what the cast shares, I don't consider it as spoilers. More like a teaser or sneak peak. They are really good at keeping things under wraps for upcoming episodes.

I think I would understand a coworker-with-benefits relationship more between Mary and Mick than Mary and Ketch. Mick was already starting to abandon the BOL code and getting closer with the Winchester family. So, a romantic spark would've been more understandable for me in that connection. Ketch continued to stick by the BOL code and barely showed any deviation from that except for after his night with Mary - but even then it seemed strained to me.

Also, if John Winchester in the AU was dead for 40 years, that means not only was Dean and Sam never born but Adam wouldn't have either. Thus the angel Michael will have a different vessel in the AU as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:08 pm
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Finished Season 12 today. So, I can finally respond to your earlier statements regarding it. biggrin

I was quite pleased with how they took the story-line for this season especially after the Chuck-God/Amara arc last season. Some shows tend to come off weak after a major big storyline but Supernatural definitely did not fall into that pit. They continued strongly and have left on the same good note to have it continue onwards to the next arc.

They did well with having Mary Winchester adjust to being alive again and learning about different ways of doing the hunting business, especially with modern technology. I liked how they explored the family dynamics between the boys and her, and interacting with some of her old hunter buddies. The whole British Men of Letters interaction was a hit and miss for me. I liked that they had her become involved with them and learn more about how they run things... but I didn't like the whole semi-romantic relationship that happened between her and Ketch. It seemed out of place to me, probably because I never picked up on any indications of such connections between the two.

I enjoyed Rick Springfield as Lucifer. He added a nice new flavor to the character of Lucifer while still tying in some of the classic "Mark Pellegrino" Lucifer qualities. Though Mark P. will always be the one and only Lucifer for me.

User Image

The Hitler episode was okay for me. I liked how they put a supernatural spin to the historical story of Hitler and how the Winchesters dealt with the situation. However, I felt it was a bit flat. I didn't see a good reason why they should have Hitler be brought back into the modern life. To live again? Okay, sure. To try taking over again? Good luck with that. It's a new age and things wouldn't be as easy. I only enjoyed it for the comical aspect of Dean shooting Hitler.... and just making a crossover connection with Doctor Who where Rory punched Hitler. Besides that, the Hitler episode was a dud for me.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

President Lucifer was a bit better and made sense that he would try to find a vessel where he would have a bit more power of things to get the upperhand.
It was already shown at the end of the final episode that the nephilim child - Jack- is a teenager now. So, there's already some indication that this is no ordinary child.

I was disappointed with how they showed Rowena's death. Considering she seemed to be gaining a bit more of a significant role in the dynamics of the storyline, it was a bit odd that she would be tossed aside so easily like that. I mean, I knew she would eventually be killed again after what she did to Lucifer but I expected a more epic farewell than Lucifer's "Oh, she's indisposed at the moment" comment with a burnt body laying on the ground by his feet and a lock of red hair in his hand.
Crowley's death seemed like a perfect way for his character to take his final bow. Mark Sheppard has been doing the role for quite some time and it sounds like he's ready to move on to other projects. And it seems like the perfect time. Crowley's story has come to a nice full circle where he learned more about himself (past and current), embraced human emotions and experiencing the significance of connections (family and ally ['cause "friend" isn't exactly a Crowley thing]), and learning what it means to be "King of Hell" and how it's not as cracked up to be as it sounds.
I'm on the fence about Castiel's death. I was confused on why Castiel ran into the alternate dimension after the others did their parts ((did they not explain the plan with Castiel?)) and were about to leave. Lucifer stabbing Castiel in the back? That was understandable. Castiel has been the pea-under-the-mattress for Lucifer for a long time and it was going to happen sooner or later that Lucifer would make a final revengeful move against him, especially after getting involved with the care of his child.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this Alternate Universe. I loved how they had AU!Bobby with his gun being named Rufus (and awesome about the angel blade bullets). Not to mention, they explained what happened with AU!John and AU!Mary... so there won't be any issues of two Marys running about in that environment. I am curious what AU!Lucifer is like in comparison to the version we've come to know so well. Plus the possibility of other AU! counterparts of some of our beloved characters (not just angels and demons but humans as well) showing up is pretty exciting.

Something I wish to ask before responding, how are you when it comes to Spoilers from the cast about the upcoming season currently in production?

EDIT: I just realized it, but that question may make it seem like such Spoilers are in the below Spoiler. There aren't any of that kind in there. I asked it because I wanted to know for future reference.

Agreed. They did continue strong after S11 and have even left us with something to go on for S13 that looks very promising.

It was interesting seeing her adjust to being alive again 33 years after her death. Returning to her old life, learning how to use new technology, and her bumpy relationship with her now adult children. I very much like how the British Men of Letters managed to convince her to join their crusade. The relationship with Ketch was interesting, but it was more of a co-workers with benefits kind of thing. I found it very satisfying when they managed to brainwash into becoming their Hunter Assassin and leaving her boys in the bunker to die. It was rather funny when Dean used the grenade launcher to get them out of that almost impossible to get out of situation.

It was rather comical that Dean gained bragging rights for killing Hitler and that nobody except maybe other Hunters would ever believe him.

Rockstar Lucifer was pretty good and it allowed Lucifer to get the idea to jump from body in a position of power to a higher position of power. This led to President Lucifer and the conception of the anti-Christ, who it turns out won't be such a bad guy after all. I guess it could make sense that the corruption of the Mark of Lucifer wouldn't pass through his seed.

Rowena's death was a bit anti-climactic and very disappointing. Such an unfitting end for it to happen offscreen like that. It would've been nice to see her at least try to escape &/or fight against him even though she'd know she wouldn't stand a chance against him.

Yeah I guess that was a fitting death for Crowley when you put it that way. He sacrificed himself to screw over Lucifer just one last time. Lucifer humiliated him and he tried to do that to Lucifer, but ultimately failed in the long run, so he had to resort to a last resort measure. Better to go out dealing a stinging blow to your foe than to be straight out annihilated by them.

The AU will be interesting and it'll definitely be interesting to see the Winchesters taking on the role of father figures to the anti-Christ Jack to make sure he doesn't do anything horrible by accident and to make sure he isn't taken by a person that would use him for evil. Now that he is their only ticket to saving their mother, they've been forced into that situation. As for AU Lucifer, I think he's probably gonna be like the Future Lucifer from the Future Timeline where Zachariah brought Dean to visit in order to show him what would happen if he refused to be Michael's vessel. Of course since Sam and Dean never existed in that AU, his permanent vessel will obviously be someone other than Sam.

When it comes to what the cast shares, I don't consider it as spoilers. More like a teaser or sneak peak. They are really good at keeping things under wraps for upcoming episodes.

I think I would understand a coworker-with-benefits relationship more between Mary and Mick than Mary and Ketch. Mick was already starting to abandon the BOL code and getting closer with the Winchester family. So, a romantic spark would've been more understandable for me in that connection. Ketch continued to stick by the BOL code and barely showed any deviation from that except for after his night with Mary - but even then it seemed strained to me.

Also, if John Winchester in the AU was dead for 40 years, that means not only was Dean and Sam never born but Adam wouldn't have either. Thus the angel Michael will have a different vessel in the AU as well.

Well the one I want to share with you, was actually a slip up that they didn't mean to make. I'll put it in the second Spoiler in case you don't want to see it.

Yeah I found it a shame that Mick was immediately killed off like that after he ended up breaking the code. As for Mary and Ketch, there really was no romance at all. Well at least for Mary there wasn't. She did it just for the sex and didn't have any feelings towards Ketch. He did it for both though they didn't really show that he had any feelings for her, but that probably had something to do with his loyal following of the BoL code.

That is true, so this could be interesting. Though seeing as the Apocalypse was successful that means Michael is likely already dead by Lucifer's hand. So we might not get to see the AU's Michael unless it's in a flashback.

Anyways S13 Ep16 is supposed to have a Scooby-Do animated crossover and well when speaking about it, Jared Padalecki accidentally let slip that Misha was being filmed in it. They tried to cover up the slip up, but were unsuccessful and a couple hours later Misha himself confirmed that Castiel would be in S13. Looks like Chuck couldn't resist bringing back his second favorite angel again.

Sure it could be AU Castiel, but I don't think so. I think that would make for an awkward dynamic and of course AU Castiel likely would still be a huge d**k.

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:35 am
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie

User Image

Well the one I want to share with you, was actually a slip up that they didn't mean to make. I'll put it in the second Spoiler in case you don't want to see it.

Yeah I found it a shame that Mick was immediately killed off like that after he ended up breaking the code. As for Mary and Ketch, there really was no romance at all. Well at least for Mary there wasn't. She did it just for the sex and didn't have any feelings towards Ketch. He did it for both though they didn't really show that he had any feelings for her, but that probably had something to do with his loyal following of the BoL code.

That is true, so this could be interesting. Though seeing as the Apocalypse was successful that means Michael is likely already dead by Lucifer's hand. So we might not get to see the AU's Michael unless it's in a flashback.

Anyways S13 Ep16 is supposed to have a Scooby-Do animated crossover and well when speaking about it, Jared Padalecki accidentally let slip that Misha was being filmed in it. They tried to cover up the slip up, but were unsuccessful and a couple hours later Misha himself confirmed that Castiel would be in S13. Looks like Chuck couldn't resist bringing back his second favorite angel again.

Sure it could be AU Castiel, but I don't think so. I think that would make for an awkward dynamic and of course AU Castiel likely would still be a huge d**k.

I'm aware there's going to be a Supernatural/Scooby-Doo crossover as I've seen all of the various articles announcing it. Definitely looking forward to seeing how they do it.

Reading a few articles about Castiel's return, they don't specify *how* he returns. It's possible he's returning in a way we're not expecting. Maybe it's a flashback, hallucination, or some other oddball format. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he was resurrected again like he's done before. I feel that his story hasn't reached a conclusion yet (like Crowley's did) especially after the recent reveal of Castiel and the other angels he worked with killed an innocent human child believing it was a Nephilim. He was dealing with the turmoil of feeling guilty about messing up again. Until he's able to overcome that guilt, I expect we'll keep seeing him. Not to mention, you can't break up "Team Free Will," lol.

"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff