Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:35 pm
B1g_crunch

Prof. Moonie

Since Zphal has given me his stamp of approval to make an Official Supernatural Why Not? Thread I've made this thread for that purpose. So then feel free to discuss whatever you want that is Supernatural related here, but please do put Spoilers inside of Spoilers so that those of us that watch the show, but may not have seen the episodes that are being discussed will not get bombarded by Spoilers that they don't want. If they haven't seen what is being discussed and do decide to view the Spoilers they of course do so at their own risk and therefore it will be their fault if they read about things they haven't seen that they don't want to know about without seeing the episodes being discussed. So then feel free to discuss Supernatural to your heart's content.

(((If I quoted you here and you know that there are others that are into Supernatural that I haven't quoted then please let me know and I'll make sure to include them in the Spoiler Hidden Quote okay.)))  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:36 pm
B1g_crunch
Prof. Moonie
I definitely was impressed with this season's finale. Probably one of my favorites so far.

Castiel didn't really want to be the "ruler" of Heaven. He just happened to get that role because all of the other angels had no one else to turn to. Pretty much all of the main "leadership" angels died, either before the fall, as a result of the fall, or because of the angel war going on on Earth. It's possible that he might suggest a democracy system in Heaven but it'll definitely be hard to find angels that will actually continue the "free will" ideology that Castiel has always followed ((even before the Winchesters entered his life)).

As for what he'll do now, it's hard to say especially since he's got limited time as an angel with the current grace he's got. Once that grace burns up, Castiel will return to his human state... unless he finds another solution. However, I think humanity will be his ultimate fate when it comes right down to it. So far all of the current events have been matching up parallel to what viewers saw in the Future Universe.

User Image

As for Dean becoming a demon... viewers actually got a slight foreshadowing to this fate awhile back. Even though he's a demon, he'll still be Dean. He's going to want to do things his way; there's no way he'll let Crowley tell him what to do. However, I do agree on the part about Sam and Castiel ((if he learns of Dean's fate; all he knows right now is that Dean is dead)) finding a way to return Dean to his human state. Heck, I have a feeling that even Crowley might help out, especially with him embracing his humanity side more. After all, he's the one that helped bring Dean back to "life," so to speak. He was doing it before Sam managed to complete the summoning spell. As for what will the ultimate means to such task will be, I have a feeling we might see someone performing the demon cure ritual again since that's the only known way of returning a demon to its original human state.

User Image User Image
User Image User Image
3x10 || 9x23

Something to keep in mind, though.
The host human dies once the demon is exorcised if the human's body took lethal damage, and you just posted a gif of Dean having a sword taken out of him and saying that the demon is responsible for bringing him back.

Prof. Moonie
Hmm... true. Though I'm sure they'll figure out a way to fix or work around that detail.

Something you both forgot I think.

The Demon Cure Ritual isn't a Demonic Exorcism so the demon wouldn't be leaving the body of the human they are possessing. Tho if you think about it, Dean isn't possessing another human anyways cuz he's still in his own body. The Demon Cure Ritual wouldn't force him to leave his own body since it is an exorcism so basically it'd just turn him back into a human.

As for Crowley wanting to turn him human again because of his human side actually I think you are wrong about that. Remember that Crowley said he is full blown demon once again since he managed to leave behind his human side once and for all. Tho I guess that might've been a lie on his part, but even if it was I still think he has so little human left in him that he really would want to keep Dean as one of his followers or even as an equal partner.

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:32 pm
I haven't read any of the thread yet because I've yet to see the season 9 finale. We were supposed to watch the last two today but ended up only getting to see episode 22.

Can't wait to see it though! I just can't watch it around Olivia.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:49 am
Kor Saiyajinkami
B1g_crunch
Prof. Moonie
I definitely was impressed with this season's finale. Probably one of my favorites so far.

Castiel didn't really want to be the "ruler" of Heaven. He just happened to get that role because all of the other angels had no one else to turn to. Pretty much all of the main "leadership" angels died, either before the fall, as a result of the fall, or because of the angel war going on on Earth. It's possible that he might suggest a democracy system in Heaven but it'll definitely be hard to find angels that will actually continue the "free will" ideology that Castiel has always followed ((even before the Winchesters entered his life)).

As for what he'll do now, it's hard to say especially since he's got limited time as an angel with the current grace he's got. Once that grace burns up, Castiel will return to his human state... unless he finds another solution. However, I think humanity will be his ultimate fate when it comes right down to it. So far all of the current events have been matching up parallel to what viewers saw in the Future Universe.

User Image

As for Dean becoming a demon... viewers actually got a slight foreshadowing to this fate awhile back. Even though he's a demon, he'll still be Dean. He's going to want to do things his way; there's no way he'll let Crowley tell him what to do. However, I do agree on the part about Sam and Castiel ((if he learns of Dean's fate; all he knows right now is that Dean is dead)) finding a way to return Dean to his human state. Heck, I have a feeling that even Crowley might help out, especially with him embracing his humanity side more. After all, he's the one that helped bring Dean back to "life," so to speak. He was doing it before Sam managed to complete the summoning spell. As for what will the ultimate means to such task will be, I have a feeling we might see someone performing the demon cure ritual again since that's the only known way of returning a demon to its original human state.

User Image User Image
User Image User Image
3x10 || 9x23

The host human dies once the demon is exorcised if the human's body took lethal damage, and you just posted a gif of Dean having a sword taken out of him and saying that the demon is responsible for bringing him back.

Prof. Moonie
Hmm... true. Though I'm sure they'll figure out a way to fix or work around that detail.

The Demon Cure Ritual isn't a Demonic Exorcism so the demon wouldn't be leaving the body of the human they are possessing. Tho if you think about it, Dean isn't possessing another human anyways cuz he's still in his own body. The Demon Cure Ritual wouldn't force him to leave his own body since it is an exorcism so basically it'd just turn him back into a human.

As for Crowley wanting to turn him human again because of his human side actually I think you are wrong about that. Remember that Crowley said he is full blown demon once again since he managed to leave behind his human side once and for all. Tho I guess that might've been a lie on his part, but even if it was I still think he has so little human left in him that he really would want to keep Dean as one of his followers or even as an equal partner.

I never said anything about the Demon Cure Ritual being like a Demonic Exorcism. I know that the demon essence is not expelled in the cure ritual. We've seen evidence of that with the ritual being performed on Crowley at the end of season 8 and in the flashbacks of the rituals being performed by the Men of Letters.
However, I feel that the wounds that Dean received could potentially still play a role. Obviously we know that the angels are able to heal their vessels with their powers. Though whether demons have the same ability is unclear. Crowley and Abaddon have clearly been able to heal their wounds with no problem, but Meg in her first vessel never healed the broken body; it's unclear whether she did that to spite the Winchesters or she didn't have the ability to heal the body (or at least not completely). Considering that Dean is a newbie demon, I have a feeling it's going to take him awhile to become accustomed to all his new-found abilities. As a result, we may find a parallel between Demon!Dean and Gadreel in that aspect; they both have the ability to heal their "vessel" but if "expelled" too soon, they may not have healed it completely. If Dean isn't able to heal his wound before he is returned to his human state, he could potentially be in the danger zone of dieing again.

User Image

The thing is with Crowley is that you always have to take a grain of salt ((pun unintended)) with what he says. Does he lie? Eh... not exactly. Just look at what he said during his monologue at the end of the season finale: "I didn’t know that this was going to happen. Not really. I mean, I might not have told you the entire truth. But I never lied. I never lied, Dean. That’s important. It’s fundamental." Crowley only reveals the information that will benefit him most to get the other "players" to do their part to getting what he wants.
In terms of his humanity, all Crowley said during the season finale was that he "kicked human blood". The last time we saw remaining effects of human blood was in 9x21 when Abaddon threatened him with harming Gavin (his son). And it was only a few episodes before that when we saw and heard Crowley saying that he was fully embracing his addiction. Even if you considered a week passing between then and now, that's not enough time for human blood to be completely wiped clean from his system and allow him to say that he "kicked his habit" officially. He's just sober for the time being.
Anyway, I still stick by my theory that Crowley will play some role in assisting Sam and Castiel in finding a way to return Dean to his human state. I never said that it would be in his best interest but you never know... something better might come along that he's willing to lose his "power" over Dean for.
Dean would never allow Crowley to tell him what to do, knowing his personality. As an equal partner, though? That is more likely the case, based on their recent relationship.

User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:09 pm
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
B1g_crunch
Prof. Moonie

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image User Image
3x10 || 9x23

Prof. Moonie

I never said anything about the Demon Cure Ritual being like a Demonic Exorcism. I know that the demon essence is not expelled in the cure ritual. We've seen evidence of that with the ritual being performed on Crowley at the end of season 8 and in the flashbacks of the rituals being performed by the Men of Letters.
However, I feel that the wounds that Dean received could potentially still play a role. Obviously we know that the angels are able to heal their vessels with their powers. Though whether demons have the same ability is unclear. Crowley and Abaddon have clearly been able to heal their wounds with no problem, but Meg in her first vessel never healed the broken body; it's unclear whether she did that to spite the Winchesters or she didn't have the ability to heal the body (or at least not completely). Considering that Dean is a newbie demon, I have a feeling it's going to take him awhile to become accustomed to all his new-found abilities. As a result, we may find a parallel between Demon!Dean and Gadreel in that aspect; they both have the ability to heal their "vessel" but if "expelled" too soon, they may not have healed it completely. If Dean isn't able to heal his wound before he is returned to his human state, he could potentially be in the danger zone of dieing again.

User Image

The thing is with Crowley is that you always have to take a grain of salt ((pun unintended)) with what he says. Does he lie? Eh... not exactly. Just look at what he said during his monologue at the end of the season finale: "I didn’t know that this was going to happen. Not really. I mean, I might not have told you the entire truth. But I never lied. I never lied, Dean. That’s important. It’s fundamental." Crowley only reveals the information that will benefit him most to get the other "players" to do their part to getting what he wants.
In terms of his humanity, all Crowley said during the season finale was that he "kicked human blood". The last time we saw remaining effects of human blood was in 9x21 when Abaddon threatened him with harming Gavin (his son). And it was only a few episodes before that when we saw and heard Crowley saying that he was fully embracing his addiction. Even if you considered a week passing between then and now, that's not enough time for human blood to be completely wiped clean from his system and allow him to say that he "kicked his habit" officially. He's just sober for the time being.
Anyway, I still stick by my theory that Crowley will play some role in assisting Sam and Castiel in finding a way to return Dean to his human state. I never said that it would be in his best interest but you never know... something better might come along that he's willing to lose his "power" over Dean for.
Dean would never allow Crowley to tell him what to do, knowing his personality. As an equal partner, though? That is more likely the case, based on their recent relationship.

User Image

I guess I had assumed in the way you responded to B1g_Crunch that you had agreed with what he said including how he had seemed to think that the Demon Cure Ritual worked just the same as the Demon Exorcism. Also if I'm not mistaken, I believe Crowley's Demon Cure Ritual was only like 80-90% complete so that might be why he can kick the whole habit of his "human blood" addiction quickly by cold turkeying it. I guess if Sam and Castiel did offer him something better than having Dean work as his partner in ruling hell then he might be willing to help them return Dean back to being human, but only if it was worth losing Dean as a partner/almost Co-King of Hell (I say almost Co-King of Hell because even if he did make it pretty much an equal partnership I doubt he would give Dean that much of a role as partner to even consider sharing his title with Dean. I think he wouldn't go any further than Saiyan that Dean could be like his Vice-King of Hell if he was even willing to go that far that is).

And I would hafta agree that Dean would never go that far as to allow Crowley to order him around like he was some sorta Demon Minion #3 or something. I do believe that he would straight up tell Crowley that he and Crowley must be equal partners or he would probably not side with Crowley and might even try to take over and become the new King of Hell.

Also I do think that Dean will not be able to forcefully return his humanity because his humanity probably is even further gone now than it was b4 he killed/almost killed by Metatron and became full demon from the power of the First Blade. If he will be returned to being human than it will be because Sam and Castiel force him back to being human probably with the Demon Cure Ritual with or without making a trade with Crowley to get his help.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:25 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
B1g_crunch
Prof. Moonie

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image User Image
3x10 || 9x23

Prof. Moonie

User Image

User Image

I guess I had assumed in the way you responded to B1g_Crunch that you had agreed with what he said including how he had seemed to think that the Demon Cure Ritual worked just the same as the Demon Exorcism. Also if I'm not mistaken, I believe Crowley's Demon Cure Ritual was only like 80-90% complete so that might be why he can kick the whole habit of his "human blood" addiction quickly by cold turkeying it. I guess if Sam and Castiel did offer him something better than having Dean work as his partner in ruling hell then he might be willing to help them return Dean back to being human, but only if it was worth losing Dean as a partner/almost Co-King of Hell (I say almost Co-King of Hell because even if he did make it pretty much an equal partnership I doubt he would give Dean that much of a role as partner to even consider sharing his title with Dean. I think he wouldn't go any further than Saiyan that Dean could be like his Vice-King of Hell if he was even willing to go that far that is).

And I would hafta agree that Dean would never go that far as to allow Crowley to order him around like he was some sorta Demon Minion #3 or something. I do believe that he would straight up tell Crowley that he and Crowley must be equal partners or he would probably not side with Crowley and might even try to take over and become the new King of Hell.

Also I do think that Dean will not be able to forcefully return his humanity because his humanity probably is even further gone now than it was b4 he killed/almost killed by Metatron and became full demon from the power of the First Blade. If he will be returned to being human than it will be because Sam and Castiel force him back to being human probably with the Demon Cure Ritual with or without making a trade with Crowley to get his help.

It's true that Crowley wouldn't give up or even share the title of "Ruler of Hell". He's worked to hard to get that title. Look how he reacted when Abaddon tried to steal the position.

One thing that I noticed was the episode title for 9x21 - "King of the Damned". Although we see all of the main cast in the episode, it primarily focuses on two characters - Crowley and Dean. Obviously Crowley already has the title (and regained it now) of "King of Hell". So, there's a part of me that wonders if the episode title is actually referencing to Dean. If that's the case, then maybe Crowley will become the ruler over the demons and Dean will be the ruler over those who died and brought to hell - the "damned".

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
B1g_crunch

Prof. Moonie

User Image

User Image

It's true that Crowley wouldn't give up or even share the title of "Ruler of Hell". He's worked to hard to get that title. Look how he reacted when Abaddon tried to steal the position.

One thing that I noticed was the episode title for 9x21 - "King of the Damned". Although we see all of the main cast in the episode, it primarily focuses on two characters - Crowley and Dean. Obviously Crowley already has the title (and regained it now) of "King of Hell". So, there's a part of me that wonders if the episode title is actually referencing to Dean. If that's the case, then maybe Crowley will become the ruler over the demons and Dean will be the ruler over those who died and brought to hell - the "damned".

Most definitely. He worked too hard to get that especially how he had to be good-guy Crowley and help the Windchester's stop the Apocalypse which was basically him going up against Lucifer and directly challenging his authority which definitely took guts and coulda ended up badly for him if the Windchester's had failed to stop the Apocalypse cuz it probably woulda ended up with him being tortured by Lucifer's Knights of Hell for pretty much all eternity or if he was really lucky then at the very least dead.

That could be a good way for Crowley to make him an equal or as equal partner as he's willing to make him. I like that idea. I'd like to see the writers do that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:28 pm
omgIisonfiyah

B1g_crunch

Prof. Moonie

Mama Ame

My friend shared the below Topic on FB and I had to see what our SPN Fans in Why Not? had to say to the concept (I also quoted my friend too). Maybe it a popular concept (I'm not that big of an SPN fan to know this), but irregardless I'd like some responses.

User Image

I myself so very much now want to see an episode like this or something similar at least after seeing this. XD  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:38 am
Kor Saiyajinkami
omgIisonfiyah

B1g_crunch

Prof. Moonie

Mama Ame

My friend shared the below Topic on FB and I had to see what our SPN Fans in Why Not? had to say to the concept (I also quoted my friend too). Maybe it a popular concept (I'm not that big of an SPN fan to know this), but irregardless I'd like some responses. So that idea isn't exactly new.

User Image

I myself so very much now want to see an episode like this or something similar at least after seeing this. XD

Eh... they've already done a convention storyline before - "The Real Ghostbusters" [5.09]. Dean and Sam didn't even have to both changing their attire because all of the attendees already thought they were great cosplayers of Dean and Sam (respectively) as it was.

User Image User Image User Image

The part about Dean dressing up like Castiel though... I don't think he would do it, simply because he cares about his angel friend way too much. That particular imagery is strictly Cas' and anyone else (even himself) dressing up like it would probably come off as an "insult". I have a feeling he would be extremely protective of Cas' well-known imagery. However, from what little I've gathered about *spoiler*Demon!Dean*spoiler*, it seems more up his alley.

EDIT: Plus if Dean was ever to go to a convention that wasn't specifically Supernatural themed, he would totally go as something non-Supernatural oriented. Like... Batman.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:05 pm
So KIND of on Supernatural subject, since it's the name of one of the actors. But I told Daniel I wanted to possibly name our future child Jensen (it can be a boy name or a girl name)

He said he did like it. So here's hoping.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:38 pm
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
omgIisonfiyah

B1g_crunch

Prof. Moonie

Mama Ame

My friend shared the below Topic on FB and I had to see what our SPN Fans in Why Not? had to say to the concept (I also quoted my friend too). Maybe it a popular concept (I'm not that big of an SPN fan to know this), but irregardless I'd like some responses. So that idea isn't exactly new.

User Image

Eh... they've already done a convention storyline before - "The Real Ghostbusters" [5.09]. Dean and Sam didn't even have to both changing their attire because all of the attendees already thought they were great cosplayers of Dean and Sam (respectively) as it was.

The part about Dean dressing up like Castiel though... I don't think he would do it, simply because he cares about his angel friend way too much. That particular imagery is strictly Cas' and anyone else (even himself) dressing up like it would probably come off as an "insult". I have a feeling he would be extremely protective of Cas' well-known imagery. However, from what little I've gathered about *spoiler*Demon!Dean*spoiler*, it seems more up his alley.

EDIT: Plus if Dean was ever to go to a convention that wasn't specifically Supernatural themed, he would totally go as something non-Supernatural oriented. Like... Batman.

True, I remember that one now, but it would kinda be cool if they did one of Comic Con cuz then we could have an appearance of Charlie and she could force them to cosplay. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:40 pm
Mama Ame
So KIND of on Supernatural subject, since it's the name of one of the actors. But I told Daniel I wanted to possibly name our future child Jensen (it can be a boy name or a girl name)

Cool. XD  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:47 pm
Mama Ame

And a fabulous name it is! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:04 am
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie

True, I remember that one now, but it would kinda be cool if they did one of Comic Con cuz then we could have an appearance of Charlie and she could force them to cosplay. XD

Oh, she wouldn't have to force Dean to cosplay. He may not seem like it, but he loves to cosplay (or at least dress up). He's done it before and I'm sure he would take up on any chance of doing it again.

It's Sam that might need a bit more convincing.

User Image

User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:48 pm
Mama Ame

Prof. Moonie

So about the last three episodes.

Damn it was pretty sad when Charlie died and then in the next episode I think it was kinda appropriate when Dean goes on a Mark of Cain Fueled Slaughter of the Stein Family. Then of course we have last night's Season 10 Finale where Death explains about how the Mark of Cain is the lock and key to something known as the Darkness that God and his Archangels fought and locked away billions of years ago. Death tries to have Dean kill Sam so Sam won't have the Mark of Cain removed, but it backfires and Death supposedly ends up being killed by Dean. Then Rowena goes through with the spell to remove the Mark of Cain and the Darkness is released.

Honestly as soon as Death told the story of God and the Archangels battle with the Darkness I knew that the Mark of Cain was gonna be removed for certain. As the episode progressed I became even more certain of that.

"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff