Sol stretched in the den she shared with her mate. She was, unfortunately, alone. Kasoro was out on guard duty and had been for the past few days. While he wasn't stationed too far from their den, it was just long enough of a distance to not warrant a little trip to see him. If she had most of the day she could have done it, but as a medic, she was constantly on call. When she wasn't healing injuries, she was re-stocking her plant and herb supply and making up potions that she was running out of. The life of a medic wasn't a dull one, that was for certain. The lioness peered up at the sun with a little smile on her lips as she finished her stretch. While it was true that Kasoro had been gone, today he was due back for a nice break from his work. She couldn't wait!

Busying herself, Soleil cleaned up the den a bit. She had been using it as her little workshop of sorts and there were bits of plants and splashes of potions in the dirt from her efforts, so her paws were busy digging out the soiled...soil. Every now and then she'd look over her shoulder to see if she could spot her pale mate heading back, and finally she picked out his white pelt among the sand. With a delighted grin she took off in his direction, not caring about the blazing heat.

"Kasoro!"

Kasoro was so incredibly thirsty it was unbelievable. He knew there'd be plenty of water once he got back 'home', but he also knew he'd have his mate to greet first. Lifting his head as he heard his name, he squinted against the sun and saw the red and black lioness tearing across the sand towards him. He smiled just a bit and lowered his head, readying himself for her inevitable head bump of greeting. It came and it hurt, but a moment later they were nuzzling each other's cheek and neck, tails flicking back and forth happily.

"It's been forever," Sol groaned quietly, pressing her face into Kasoro's mane, making the male chuckle softly.

"Come now, my dear...it's only been six suns. We've been apart for longer."

"Yeah...well...I still don't like it," Sol muttered as she pulled back, only to move to stand beside Kasoro as they started to walk. Their shoulders brushed and tails entwined as they headed in the direction Sol had run from, a white and black and red two headed lion to any that might have looked from a distance.

"Well never fear, medic mine," Kasoro teased, leaning in to bump his nose against her cheek. "I have a nice, long break from guard duty. Ever since I pulled that double shift the other month they owe me. So...I'll be home or in the area for a long time."

"Oh good," Soleil said with a grin, her ears perking up. "I hope you brought home lots of ragweed. I'm in desperate need of it. And you can help me mix up some pain potions," she added, speaking faster now that the thoughts came to her like lightning. "Oh, and I'm running low on the health potion, too...do you think you could help me whip up some of those? You're so good at crushing the berries."

The while, large lion shook his head in amusement, watching his mate blab on and on. Gods, he had missed this. "I can help you with whatever you need, Soleil," he said gently, pausing to lick her jaw gently to get her to stop talking for a moment. It worked, sending the dark lioness into abrupt silence as she became flustered.

"Kas...there's other lions around," she mumbled shyly. It caused the male to smirk a bit and he lifted his head proudly.

"Good. Let them see their misfortune at not having you for a mate," he said, his voice loud and proud. Kasoro had no issues with announcing to the pride that he had the best female all for him self, if only because Soleil became incredibly adorable when she was embarrassed. His words at the desired effect, sending Sol dashing forward to the den to hide. Kas was sure none of the lions that were around had even heard, since they were just far enough away for the desert wind to whip his words into meaningless mumbles. But still, the 'damage' had been done.

He laughed softly and trotted after Sol, his thirst forgotten for the time being. Two green eyes peered out at him from the dark, cool space of the cave, and he picked up his speed just a bit. He barreled into their home and tackled Sol gently, grinning down at her from his spot above him. Sol, however, pushed at Kasoro and rolled away.

"We can wrestle later, you giant cub," she teased, moving around to the pouch he carried on his leg. "First I want that ragweed!"

"Alas, my true purpose is exposed," Kasoro said in a dramatic voice as he held still, letting the medic retrieve the weeds she had requested for him to bring home this time around. "I am but a pack mule, doing your bidding without a care in the world."

"Oh shush, you know that's not true. You're the one that offered to get things for me while you're on duty," Sol said, giving Kasoro's rump a light smack with her paw to get him to hush. It made the pale lion chuckle again, and he waited for Sol to get the plants out of the bag before stepping out of the sling that kept it on him.

Once that and his bracers were off, he settled down to watch Sol work. She organized the different plants in their proper gourds before moving to lay beside her mate. Even though they'd only been apart six days, it felt like an eternity. They had a lot of catching up to do, just as they did every time Kas came back from a round of guard duty.

FIN
WC: 1021