Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]
[PRP] Pick Yourself Up, Dust Yourself Off

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:32 am
This morning's sunrise was downright gorgeous. Even the gods and souls who paced around the city of ice and snow stopped to watch it, enamored. Everything was bathed in golds, pearly purples, and pinks as the rosy-cheeked dawn came to greet them. The mortal souls were practically mesmerized by it, and they gathered in large shoals near the mountain's cliffs to watch it.

Wingu'anuru, however, wasn't quite as lucky as everyone else. He had just woken up, and was a bit groggy from the cold night's sleep. The rocky outcropping he'd chosen for his small dwelling wasn't exactly the most comfortable. The god was just stretching out, when suddenly the soul of a recently-deceased klipspringer bounded over the rocks and right into the god's face.

"Oh, oh gosh! You've made this morning so beautiful, Mr. God of Colors!" she gushed. Wingu nearly stumbled backwards as soon as he heard her cry out.

"I-I did what now?"

Before the klipspringer soul could continue, though, she turned to see a familiar old god beckoning to her. She gave a playful groan, and turned back to face the sleepy god.
"Well, I have to go, nice meeting you! It's been super!"

With that, she bounded off to meet the god and shuffle off her mortal coil, leaving Wingu sitting there, blinking idiotically.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mo'onasi gingerly rested her paws on the surface that composed the God's Haven. She had avoided this place for much of her life, her fear of running into certain gods here controlling her. She knew that it was mostly safe here, even if it meant she was away from the mortal realm she loved so much. A short rest here would be good for her, as long as she was careful with how much time she spend here. She didn't want to get to comfortable, only to discover that too much time had passed in the other realm.

No, she would be ok.

With a sigh, she pushed herself back up, slowly strolling through the Haven. A part of her wished to run into Kituko, but Fear kept herself well hidden. She nodded to a few of the gods she was friendly with, and was careful to tiptoe around those with short tempers. The air here always seemed tense to her, like everyone was just waiting for...something. Anything.

As she turned to walk down a different path, her eyes came across someone she hadn't seen in a long time. "Wingu."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:23 pm
Mortals could be very... unnerving, Wingu decided. He shook his mane out of his eyes (not that it really mattered), and carefully descended from the highest rock. The silvery liquid that allowed him to "see" colors carved out a path for him as it slithered over the rocks like a metallic serpent.

As he neared the bottom of the formation, he heard the faint calling of his name. His ears perked up on impulse, but his brain couldn't make the connection between his name and whose voice was calling.

Looking around, the god tried to find the direction the sound had from.
"Yes? Hello? Who is it?" he called out, looking hopeful. Someone wanted to talk to him? With any luck, this wouldn't be another happy-go-lucky mortal who didn't know what personal bubbles were!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:21 pm
"It's been a long time, Wingu." Momo was kind of enjoying this mystery, but she was too nice to let it last for long. She took a few steps closer to him before sitting down, smiling. He looked as she remembered, though she felt so much older than she had when they had first been friends. Old didn't touch the gods, not unless they seemed to allow themselves to age past their pride. How else did the old-looking gods look so...old? No, the age was only in her heart.

"Its Momo. I haven't been here for a very long time...is this where you have been hiding?" He was always a bit eccentric, but also so full of life. Part of her was jealous of him for that, but she wouldn't trade what her crazy adventures in the mortal realm offered her. It only made her grow, and really understand the complex and overwhelming capacity that Love entailed.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:40 pm
"M...Momo?" the god gasped. Did he hear that right?

Without bothering to discern her location, the god bounded down the rest of the way, heading in the direction he had heard her voice come from. The silvery fluid flowed right alongside, just as eager to reconnect. It connected with one of the goddess' paws, sending the image instantly to the male's mind.

At once, he stopped near to where she stood, and literally felt around for her. Upon laying a paw on her tail, he jolted back, a little embarrassed. Both paws touched what he believed were her shoulders, and he pulled the goddess of love into the mother of all hugs. He even went so far as to wrap a wing around her!

When a few seconds had passed, he pulled back. He felt his eyes p***k with tears, but he didn't mind.
"Miss Momo, you'll have to forgive me, but it's been centuries!" he exclaimed a little breathlessly. At her question, he smiled bashfully and nodded. "The mortal realm can be a bit hazardous for some of us."

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:35 pm
She didn't know what she had expected, but it wasn't really that familiar of a hug! She laughed, knowing that this was the Wingu she had always known, and remembered in her memories.

"Yes. I spend much of my time there. It can be dangerous, but I find the instability of some gods living in the Haven even more troubling...but still. It is very good to see you."

His motions confirmed to her that yes, he was still blind, and yes, he was still zealous about life. Even if he seemed a bit more quiet than in many years past, he was still honest.

"I see you're here. Have you been here for...well, for quite some time?" she asked, placing one of her paws on top of his, gingerly. "I'm afraid I don't come here too often. Not very many friends, unless you've been hiding here all along."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:21 pm
"I-I'm afraid I'm guilty of that," the god admitted, his cheeks reddening slightly. "My last travel outside of the Haven ended in... an interesting revelation." The revelation being that 10 million volts of electricity from the goddess of lightning was not pleasant.

"I came back here to-- to do some thinking," he said. "It's been a long time since I had any visitors." Indeed it had, and when the goddess of love herself came a-callin', Wingu felt a slight anxiousness apprehend him. It had been so long since he'd last met her, and the fact that she ruled over love didn't seem to alleviate the feeling. Her paw was on his, and he couldn't help but... feel something. Something like a warmth that crept up his arm to his heart, making it beat a little faster.

But the goddess was selling herself short! "Not very many friends? I find that hard to believe, Momo," he suddenly purred. Waitaminute- where did THAT come from?! "U-uh, of course, what I mean is, surely many mortals must pray to you! You must have a very large congregation of believers." Phew! Nice save.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:46 pm
She smiled warmly, though she knew he couldn't see it. "No, not really. Being immortal isn't that easy, as I'm sure you've come to learn." Fear and death had nipped at her heels before, and sometimes she wondered if life would be easier if she'd let herself be reborn. The thought of the pain she'd inflict on others with her death always prevented that. She had made too many attachments, at least for now.

"Mortals, on the other hand, I find much easier to handle. Perhaps it is their shorter lives, even if that means I just have a shorter amount of time to spend with each of them. Most of them are all so kind, and once in a while my daughter will trail behind me to keep the most mean-spirited in line." Ah, Kituko, that playful little creature.

"Being here, the closest thing to home, is nice, though. Are you feeling better after a long time to think?" she asked with a laugh, since Wingu always seemed a bit headstrong.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:03 pm
Wingu scratched his cheek sheepishly. He was stunned she'd had so many more adventures than he did. Then again, she was the goddess of love with a good pair of functioning eyes. Of course she'd have many journeys in the mortal realm. Animals would naturally gravitate to her. He imagined even the gods would be envious of her! At Momo's question, Wingu snapped back to attention.

"A-ah- oh? Well... a bit." He gave a lopsided smile. "I've been very disconnected from... everything. I've been thinking about why I am the way I am. About whether a god can rule over mortals, when he himself can't-- Wait. Did you s... say... daughter?" When did this happen!?

Safaia

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff