8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:28 am
derp  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:01 am
Abila------------------>
"NOOOO JELANI! HE COULD GET KILLED! NO NO!!!" These words were repeated so often every time someone spoke about him having left the pride to avenge her. Then Lulu would sedate her with a stunning powder to calm her down.

It was about two weeks now.. and the nurses now were doing theraputic walking sessions with Abila. Trying to encourage her that outside of this den- where she was safe- because here was home. "Home.." She kept repeating. But she barely if ever spoke now, even when the fighters came to speak to her about what hapened- who did it- She didn't say anything. Just closed her eyes and closed up entirely.

Home. How she screamed for Jelani all that time- her cubs- her pride. Anyone to hear her. That her voice was suspended in time. They told her that her husband had left- the fighters assured her that if anyone could find them- and have them pay for what they did.. Jelani would find them. But for some reason nothing registered. If he were to go off and find him- there had to been ... seven or more. She didn't know.. it was so dark..

Her paws were rubbed raw from restraint. But she didn't think she only remembered hyenas.. but weird two legged creatures. Capturing her- sounds loud sounds like earthquakes. It traumatized her. Sharp things getting put in to her. Encaged. Trapped. The only thing she could do was scream out for mass part of the night and Lulu would sooth her- or her daughter would sooth her.

But finally, she was up and moving around. "Do you want to see your cubs?" Abila looked to the nurse- and quickly shook her head. "They can't see me like this.." She was ugly now- scars and wounds. At least the patches in her fur were going back to their once delicate look. Then right back in to the den where she kept herself hidden in the darkest parts of it.

Jelani------------------>
Jelani had left indeed, he had prepared himself for his own kind of war. The hyenas were easy enough to pick off. He did it one by one at night. When they happened to split up is when he nabbed them and slaughtered them for their crimes. He took each of their heads and took them with him. Their tongues hanging out between their canines that couldn't do anymore damage. He left the heads out where one of the Lions was sleeping, and when they went to inspect he attacked. He came home with new scars, a bloodied body and a bag full of heads. What he wasn't expecting was to be bringing a hyena cub home he had spared though it would get slavery upon arrival. Upon entering the guards looked at him as if he were mad.

"Put these on spikes outside the entrance so others know who they deal with when they hurt us," he snarled. He was only a mere currency fighter yet he acted alone and had succeeded. He wasn't stupid, he had done that once and nearly died. Word quickly spread through the pride of what happened and that he was back. He had left one lion in the desert to wonder when he was coming and hide in fear. Perhaps a worse fate than death is wondering when it would happen.

Katapatan------------------>
It was apparent that word would get around, and when word got around. It was very seldom that Katapatan, the right hand didn't know. She caught wind of his absence almost as soon as he left. Then another when he hit the pride's outskirts. Even spotting him with things hanging behind him. Well she thought she would be the first to greet him. Apparently nosey- and in the business guards had to be the first ones..

"Welcome home, Jelani." Katapatan was no longer just a currency fighter, but the right hand of the Queen. As she heard him speak of making examples out of the hyenas and lions that defiled his wife. Oh yea, she heard of Abila's unfortunate compramise and had already sent for them to be punished, but well. It looked like jelani got the job done quicker and more efficient.

"Lady Emi would like to see you." Her face, serious and filled with knowing what he had done, and how proud she was to have been the one to BRING him in to the pride in the first place, it seemed she made an excellent choice..

Jelani shook off the weight that he carried the long trek home and looked at Katapatan, he didn't know her well but he knew that she too was a warrior. Now she was higher up doing the boss's bidding. He bowed his head respectively. "Sure," he responded. His eyes seemed to change day by day into something darker and wiser. Afterwards he would tend his own wounds like he always did. He was too stubborn and nothing was life threatening as long as it didn't infected. He motioned that he would follow her to the boss lady.

Boss Lady Emi------------------>
Lady Emi was facing the opposite way, her crater home was on stop and had many openings in the 'living' area where the rooms were private. Especially dug to accommodate the Boss man and Lady's family- and extended family.

She was watching the pride in one of the openings.. Ears back and absorbing the view. Then she turned only when he heard them come in. Bowing her head slightly. "Sir Jelani." To get his attention. "The pride won't stop their ideal chatter. It seems you have become famous..." Regardless as to WHY he did- it was the fact that he did and came out alive. Examining him she found the wounds that were possibly a little deeper than he would let on.

He avenged his family. Abila had been a cub she grew up with, hearing what had happened. "I am thankful you are apart of our pride. What you did not only shows us loyalty but determination. Pride. For that I only have one last thing to ask you."

Jelani’s eyes set on Lady Emi, this was the first time they had actually met. He bowed his head to Emi. “Lady Emi,” he greeted hoarsely. “That’s what prides do, they talk,” he responded. “I was sick of everyone talking. Saying what they were doing, and getting no results…I have little patience and tolerance for rambling about politics that do not exist,” the words came out smoothly, though not as eloquent as he had hoped. He couldn’t help but be weary of her personally asking him a question. It usually didn’t mean anything good, at least in his eyes he did not see it that way. His muscles tensed as he paused for probably a moment too long.

“Yes?” he questioned, his eyes settling on her, awaiting the news. The last time he had news it was to cart around a baby cub and then marry her when she was old enough. He didn’t think it could get worse than that, but it had. In more ways than he could imagine.

Politics. Katapatan and her father both hated them, that's why they were right hands. Although not directly in politics- they moved through the shadows and like Kata, she brought Jelani to her attention. "You have left without saying a word. You disobeyed your ranking- and for that. You are the new Warrior Councilor. You will start in three days time." Eyeing him.. and watching his respect. "I expect you to be an example not of disobeying- but to do retrieve honor not by stupidity but by trying them with courage and pride. You are an example of the pride, in which some have clearly forgotten what we have stood for. You are that embodiedment. Your bloodline will reign in this honor, like Katapatan, you shall seek your successor when the time comes. You have brought honor to your blood. It will always be remembered."

Kata gave a smirk behind Emi. Yep- He made her proud, and oh did he excel way further than she thought he would. Giving him a wink, she really wanted him to have a higher rank- he deserved it more than those born here. That was what the pride was about. No matter the walk of life- you could excell and only those with the strong wills would make it.

"Do you have anything to say Sir Jelani- or can I send you back to your family now."

Jelani’s eyes widened in the slightest…from currency to Councilor? This was new to him, the first time he disobeyed their rules he was promoted. The more he thought about it the more of a likely story it was. He bowed his head after he let it process for a few moments. “I hope to not disappoint you,” he responded. He planned on making training more rigorous than it was, he wanted the best. He wanted gladiators. He needed someone that could get injured by his side and still have the blood thirst to keep going, not whine about it.

Warriors were never beautiful aside from when they fought, it was a form of art but a useful one unlike how he saw the entertainers whom he had to chaperon his entire time in the pride. Honor to his blood…he had been orphaned as a cub, loner most of his life and now he was being accepted in high command. It was nuts. “If it is no different to you my lady, I wish to get myself cleaned up and then see my children. Is my wife awake yet?” he questioned, the bitterness was there in the slightest as he said wife. IT would take more time to heal those wounds of that he was sure.

The look on his face.. She knew that look. Those that followed her and took over the pride with her from the civil war that went on not too long ago had the same face. 'Home'- 'Acceptance'. WE are ONE. "You won't Im sure."

Then bowed her head. "Kata has convinced Lady Abila to visit the cubs. She should still be awake from what I've heard. You may leave."

With that she turned around, back to her pride. She was once 'everyones princess' - the cute naive flower making cub that every one thought would become a nanny or lesser and never would they have thought that she would take over the pride. Especially bring on a war to do so. Thrown to the rogue lands and gathered orphans- those lost- and those that needed purpose and here she was. Standing before the new pride she had made.

She was happy to give him the position, even happier and blessed to have Kata by her side to know her ideals. Know her inside and out to be able to pluck out these memorable members. THESE were the ones she wanted in charge. Hand picked.

Kata looked to Jelani- then slowly followed him out and walked him out in to the crater walls where there were tons of ledges to go anywhere he wanted. She stopped at the mouth of the cave leading back to Emi. "It took a lot of convincing. She's delicate, but she is there. I bid you and your family well. You did an honorable thing." Then she pushed him. "Who knew I would be giving you such a high rank- Im so proud~" She laughed.

Abila------------------>
Abila finally entered the den... Rada was in the den and she saw how quickly the cubs ran up to her. She had a fur cloak over her to hide her scars. Sashes decorated their mother like they usually did. Looking more like a dancer- per usual. This time, they decorated certain parts of her body that she needed to cover.

Apollo------------------>
Apollo was the first to dart to his mother and litterately almost pushed her down. They had gotten so big now.. Her eyes started to water... "Apollo.." Her voice was raspy.. and so quiet it was but a whisper. Rada looked at her concerned then smiled- "Abila.." Getting to her feet and softly rubbing her face against hers. "Im glad your back." Then stood at the mouth of the den to protect anyone from coming in or out, except of course - Jelani.

Erebus------------------>
Erebus looked up at mother- it took him a minute to register. "Mom?" Then he rose.. following behind his siblings. "MOM!"

Jelani bowed to her and left the quarters and looked to Kata, "It's a logical decision so it was strange to hear it was from you," he was being funny which was a rarity. "I understand," he replied. "Thanks for everything." He smiled and took off for the hot springs to soak his matted and blood soaked fur. Once he was well groomed he started to make his way to his home. He doubted he would get any sleep even if it was what he desired most.

Valkyrie------------------>
When Abila came into the den Valkyrie sat back watching her mom as if she were a suspect. Ares had given her a warm welcome but the tiniest cub was still grinding her teeth on some bone. She remembered a conversation Rada and Jelani had when they thought no one was there. ..she never told anyone but it still made her weary.

Jelani x Valkyrie------------------>
Though not too long later her father too had appeared dropping the bone she rushed him with tears in here eyes, "I thought you were dead," she sniffed. "Oh never...I told you I'm the best," he snickered. "Stories?" The young cub questioned. "Later," he responded. It was then he set his eyes on Abila who was hiding herself to the world.

"Woah! Cool scars!" Erebus looked back to Ares. "Look bro- mom got battle scars now! What did you do? Where did you go!? Rada was worried- did you kick some butt!? Who did you kill!? Didja leave them crying for their mommas!?"

Abila------------------>
She knew she couldn't hide them from her curious cubs. They were so big.. her eyes slitted.

Apollo saw the change, as mother tried to cover her maw again with a part of the sash. "I missed you.." Then he heard his father come in. Poking his head around his mother.. "Dad! Mom's back!" But he stayed put next to mom.

But Erebus was already at his father's feet. "You brought mum back didn't you- you svaed her? She has scars just like you! This is so cool!" Looking to his sister. "Your so dramatic." Ears flattening and pushing her face away.

Abila------------------>
Abila turned, and met her eyes to Jelani- she was standing in the middle of the den. Her eyes were painted with 'Im glad your ok.' When everyone went to greet him- she could not find words to say anything. She was happy he was safe.. She was told that he was avenging her, from what she could remember the chattering in the medical den. He'd come back, she wanted to run to him and let him know how happy she was that he was back but with so much medicine still in her she merely bowed her head.

It was too overwhelming. Maybe she shouldn't stay here.. She looked confused for a minute- then she looked as though she didn't know where she should be.. Silently making her way passed him.

Rada------------------>
Rada's ears went up and as soon as she saw Abila was trying to leave she stood in her wake. "They missed you." Her ears fanned back, "Are you sure you want to leave."

Abila------------------>
She was hesitant and everything was getting to her. Her nerves and anxiety were going up-

Rada------------------>
Rada could tell. "Jelani." Rada's ears went to the side and her head followed. As if to ask his permission to either let her leave- or for herself to leave.

Valkyrie------------------>
"He left for weeks and didn't tell anyone where he was going stupid," Valkyrie retorted at Erebus before blind siding an attack on him and tackling him to the ground.

Ares------------------>
Ares looked confused as his mother started walking away. Why was she leaving she just got there. He had heard rumors that his father had slayed 1000 hyenas and leopards for her and she was leaving? Sure it was an exaggeration but still. "Where are you going?" He questioned softly looking to his father for helped. He couldnt remember the last time he saw her.

Jelani quirked a brow at Abila and followed after her. "Where are you going?" He repeated Ares' question though in a softer tone.

Rada------------------>
Rada smiled... Jelani had this handled. She bowed her head and made her way out down to her own den. Finally.. The family was back together and they needed time to heal.

Abila------------------>
The once beautiful dancer- ex Ambassador- now an ex slave was less than she ever was. When her son spoke up.. she looked at him out of the corner of her eye. That look he gave her.. Then Apollo gave her the same look. Then Erebus.

"Hey... yea.. where.."

Abila------------------>
Abila's ears went down. Then looked up to Jelani. Her voice was low.. almost a whispered. "I thought you would need sleep after your feat."

Apollo chirped. "Ma...?" Then trotted up to her- his paws still too big and somewhat looked unbalanced. "But I wanna sleep next to you... " His ears went back, he wanted to ask the whys- but it seemed everyone was bonbarding her with the same question and she just wasn't answering.

Abila------------------>
Likewise- she only looked to Jelani.. Somewhat- maybe even permission to stay, but she didn't know what she was asking for. "The medical den..." Her words were crumbling beneath her voice. Then one of her eyes started to water- she put a paw up to retrieve the tear that was coming down. She was becoming emotional and her anxiety was rising. With all her jumbled mess of what happened. It was nice to see her family but she didn't think it was ok for them to see her this messed up. This broken.

Jelani smirked, "And you think I will get sleep with cubs harassing me?" He questioned honestly. It was apparent that Abila had learned her lesson on running off. It was going to take time to trust her again, but he never stopped loving her. Pushing her away would only make things worse. He looked at her as she started to cry and went closer to her nuzzling her face and pulling her closer to his body. "Stay," it came out gruffly and more of a demand and he knew all the cubs were watching.

Abila------------------>
The feeling rushed down her spine when he came up to her. She had screamed his name and he never came. She had screamed for everyone and no one heard her and now they were right here. Those she though she'd never see again. It was him- she looked down and saw the cubs to his side... Eyes that gave her the filling feeling of being wanted.. not needed.

She went up to his cheek. She could feel his fur giving off body heat and she closed her eyes. "Are you sure its right for me to stay." Then coming to face him. "Do you want me to stay." That seriously low voice... her sashes covering up most of her face. This look she had... Was broken.

Jelani looked down at Abila, she knew that if she were to ever betray him again that would be the end of it. Even if it tore him to shreds to have a divided family. “Yes,” he responded smoothly. “My first order of being on the council in fact…even if you aren’t under my reign,” the last bit was too lighten the mood a bit from such sorrow. The kids needed a family, and not this darkness that seemed to plague them.

Abila------------------>
Those eyes- she knew them. Read them. She understood and she shook her head to answer them. -Ive learned- spelt across her face. Especially looking at the cubs- solidified that statement. Then she gave a nod to his next order of business- and she bowed her head, although it wasn't like her to do so- especially to him because- well he put up with so much of her as a kid. "Council." She repeated and looked at him almost surprised.

"Things have changed, you haven't." Referring to Jelani. "I'll do my best to follow orders- it's not my strong suit you know." It was hard to joke anymore- but he gave her acceptance to stay and she wanted nothing more than to hold her cubs. Passing him and looking down at the cubs. "Tomorrow." Lowering her head and letting the cubs that did want to follow her to their soft furred bed. Although even as she went to lay down she didn't take away the massive clothing she had on. "The stories begin.. "

Erebus paraded around. "I can't wait to tell everyone how awsome you are Dad! 1000 hyenas!" It gave him goosebumps just thinking about how he could one day do that too. "Then mum sitting there- with cool scars. I want one. Show I'm tough." Puffing out his chest.

The whiter cub nudged Valkyrie before slipping to his mother and coiling right between her front paws. Then lowered his head and stared at her... He hadn't seen her in so long.. lowering his ears as he tried to burn her face in to his memory this time. This time he won't ever forget her face.

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
[IC] Kuroi'Nera Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items