[PRP] Visiting the Past (Aali/Mitra)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:49 pm
User Image Lone blue eyes looked over the lands that had once held so much promise for her. Mitra could still hear the laughter of her sisters as they returned from the hunt, expressing fondness over some new Pad and his charming gaze. She could see little tails as cubs danced beneath the paws of the fathers while the mothers gentle words could calm the chaos.

Chaos. Yes, that word perfectly described the whirlwind that had stripped her homeland of its warmth. As she walked, Mitra swallowed the bitterness that came with seeing such sights alone. She was a young girl no longer, but rather a Banu born of strength and determination. She had almost been led astray by a Pesar in her youth, but had found the right path and settled in with an older male. One that had lost two of his three banu, the vast majority of his children, and his strength when everything was pulled out from under them.

She stayed by him, however. He who was back in their temporary den. It had been her idea to return...if only for a while. Mitra had visited her father's old den, those of her friends and sisters, all without seeing her own. It would only bring heartache.

Now that she was in the forest she walked with the ease of a trained Banu once more. She held her head high; a dignified, strong pose that only just masked the tears she could not bear to shed.

Roxy_roxanna2

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Aali was still recovering from his infected wounds, he was gaining strength slowly and walking along the lake to build himself back up. He was a Sultan no more, oh in his heart he still held his pride dear, but as he looked out he knew that eventually the undefended borders would easily be crossed by rogues or even someday other prides who would wish to claim this land. It tore at his soul, but he took a shred of comfort from still having one of his beloved Banu with him, if Taja hadn't found him he would have died alone in a cave. Yet even his reunion with her brought the bitter reminder that he did not know the fate of his fellow Pads, his children, or any of the other Banu. He hoped his brother was safe somewhere, in the fighting he had lost track of him, in fighting the usurper King he had lost track of everything.

He blinked and turned his ear flicking as he tried to listen, he had heard some sound from the forest. He braced himself pained at the the thought that some rogue had wandered in, he was in no condition to warn or fight anyone off and probably wouldn't even if he could. He had failed to defend his pride, he was the first Sultan in the lineage of the Ukuucha to be unworthy of these lands. Though perhaps it wasn't a rogue, perhaps it was a returning Pad or Banu. He moved away from the lake to investigate trying to hide the faint limp in his hind leg.

Painted Moose

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:25 pm
Roxy_roxanna2

Mitra sighed heavily as she moved towards the lake. It registered in her mind that it wouldn't do to try and return to Kame without being fully hydrated, even if he was relatively close by. Still, she was ever on the look out. Her eyes were sharp and wary, not fully trusting anything until she could inspect it for herself.

She could smell lion in the area, though with the turn of the wind and the water it was hard to track who it was exactly. The possibility of any of those traitors lingering frightened her. What would they do with her if she was caught? Mitra turned, contemplating returning, but something forced her to stiffen her spine and continue until she saw the figure.

"Uncle?"

Mitra stepped out further, her eyes wide with disbelief and hope. Could it really be him?

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:37 pm
He was shocked, the color, the voice, he smiled and rushed forward only to have to slow and cringe as the pain in his side flared. He was not completely healed up, not even close.

"Mitra is that really you? You're alive!"

He offered up a silent praise to whatever Gods had watched over his niece. It gave him hope, if Mitra and Taja were alright perhaps others were as well, but where were the Pads? He hadn't seen any of his brothers and he hated to think of cubs and banu wandering the rogue lands at the mercy of anyone.

He gently wrapped a paw around his niece when she was close enough and nuzzled her.

"There are no words to express how pleased I am to see you safe."

Painted Moose

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:57 pm
Roxy_roxanna2

Oh, how she cried! She felt the hot tears leave their mark on her cheeks, but they were out of joy, not grief! Mitra crossed the space between them, coming closer to her Uncle only to panic when she saw he was in pain.

"It's as much me as it is you," She laughed through the tears. Mitra buried her face in his mane, reveling at the familiar scent and feeling blessed to be held by him once more. When she pulled back the concern was plainly visible on her face. "Are you wounded?" She tried to look him over, but her mind was in a thousand places at once and unable to focus properly. "I just...I'm so happy to see that you weren't..." Oh, the possibilities were too horrible to speak of. "Is there anything that I can do for you? Have you fed? Are you terribly wounded?"

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:24 pm
He relaxed a bit and held her close thinking of his brother, how he hoped Faiz was alive and well somewhere. He tried not to show how badly he'd been injured but he knew he could hardly hide the healing wound from his niece.

"I fought and...and I tried to kill him for what he'd done, but when I wounded him he managed to twist and the next thing I knew I was waking up in the lake and everyone was gone. I'd be dead now but my Banu Taja, you remember Taja...she was so good with all the cubs."

For a moment he closed his eyes looking pained, the happy memories were so far now. He took a deep breath and then continued after the faint pause.

"Taja found me and nursed me to health...I'm recovering, I'll be alright, and once I'm back at my full strength I intend to find as many of our pride as I can. I need to make sure everyone is alright...even if they can't return."

Painted Moose

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:47 am
Roxy_roxanna2

She was perceptive, as she had been taught to see the little things in the males around that needed tending. It was what her mothers did, what her sisters did, and what she was proud to do as well. If she could have, Mitra would have wrapped him in a ball of leaves to shield her Uncle from the world. If only she could.

"I'm sorry I was not there to assist you." Mitra couldn't hide her shame. It had been the biggest spot of worry between her mate and herself; he'd taken his family away from the fighting, which was smart, considering how young his daughters had been, but Mitra...She'd never wanted to fight more. "It warms my heart to know that you and Taja are still with us. I'm glad that she found her way back to you." She had found memories with Taja, and of growing up with her cubs.

"I will help you in your search, should you wish it. I've seen some others...your daughter, Lutifya, has gone to the Ela, and I've heard that Achal's banu Ban'ma is with your son, Aziz'Din." Mitra settled into a sitting position, coiling her tail around her legs. "I've heard rumors of others, though, going to the Stormborn, I think? I do not think that is the name of that pride, but it is what was spoken."

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games