[PRP] Practice Makes Perfect...or Passable

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:37 am
Desdemona had wandered down today, she enjoyed her light duties as an attendant and had never resented her mixed status as the illegitimate daughter of the Kind. Infact she quite enjoyed her position, she was able to mingle with the nobility without having all the weight of responsibility thrust upon her. Best of all she was able to pursue her pleasure in acting. Oh never before an actual audience, but alone she enjoyed reciting old plays and concocting new ones.

She paced back and forth now working her memory and practicing the harsh inflections of a character.

"Too light for such a swain as you to catch; And yet as heavy as my weight should be!"

She paused and decided her voice did not hold enough venom, she had a sweet enough temper but this character was vicious.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:50 am
User Image

Dulce was heading down the rocks, a few costume pieces in tow. She had finished a few things for the newest play, and she had to get the items down there rather quickly. If she didn't she might have missed the rehearsals, and that was incredibly frowned upon. She couldn't have her good name ruined.. No, she needed to be punctual and reliable.

She managed to get to one of the stages, behind it where she was not visible from the audience. She put the stuff down, arranging it neatly so she wouldn't have to worry about someone breaking something, or something getting dirty before it was even used. She had seen some horrible things happen by accident to many costumes.

Though her ear twitched and she managed to catch the sound of someone speaking. Her ears perked, and she looked curiously for the source of the voice. When she saw the female, she smiled to herself.

"That sounded great, though perhaps just a touch more anger. Like you are real feeling what it is they are feeling." She offered, smiling as she approached.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:56 am
She whirled and then smiled walking over to the other female.

"Do you really think so? I'm trying to work on my voice for some of the harsher characters. I doubt I'll ever actually perform for an audience, so many of the males have so much experience and talent, but I like to just practice for myself. Oh, how rude of me...forgive me I'm Desdemona."

She gave a little dip out of polite habit she was used to the nobility and their attitudes about what was and wasn't appropriate. Her eyes lit on the costumes and she stepped a bit closer.

"Oh are those the costumes for the next performance?"

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:06 am
Roxy_roxanna2

She was unsure if whether or not she would be able to make costumes once she married Prince Driomio.. So she liked making sure she did what she did best, for as long as possible. She would have to ask if she could keep her job once they were mated. She found such joy in making such pretty things.. She was also really good with little details, and she had exceptional craftsmanship.

"It feels like you were scorned, but I almost feel like that character should be truly vicious. Imagine.." She started to think, and then her eyes lit up. Aha! "Imagine that one of your siblings was being threatened. What would you feel? Use that if you can." She said with a smile.

"I'm sorry it is me who seems to have forgotten her manners! My name is Dulce'." Truth was, her name was rather long, so she introduced herself usually as just Dulce'. She liked it simple like that, anyway.

"Oh! Yes!" SHe said, remembering her reason for being here. She walked over to the pile, and grabbed a blood red feather cloak that was almost like the evil queen would be wearing. She threw it over the purple lioness's shoulder.

"There! Now you look the part." She grinned.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:17 am
"This character is vicious but she becomes sweeter in the end when love for her mate changes her disposition. I am trying to keep her from being so hateful that it would be impossible to redeem her. Oh! That is very good advice, I'll try that. My siblings are all fairly capable but if someone were to threaten them I would still be angry, and of course I would lay my life on the line if anyone threatened our King or Prince."

She smile and nodded and then gave a faint gasp of delight as Dulce threw the cloak over her.

"Ohhh...oh it's lovely! Did you make this?"

She gazed at the deep red against the pale purple of her fur and imagined for a moment pacing across the stage and flourishing the cloak. Ah, but that wasn't going to happen, she had her part to play and it wasn't before an audience. Still, it was nice just to try on the costume, she cleared her throat and tried the line again her expression an imperious scowl.

"Hmph, too light for such a swain as you to catch; And yet as heavy as my weight should be!"

Her expression turned pleasant again and then she looked at Dulce a bit shyly.

"Better?"

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:25 am
Roxy_roxanna2

"Oh that makes sense! I apologize I really am no actress. I suppose I shouldn't offer such advice." She chuckled. "But my mate, he really enjoys theater. So I've seen many shows." But still, invisioning your family in danger was the best way to get into the right mindset. That had been good advice, advice she had passed down from another actress she had spoken with once before.

She felt a small sense of accomplishment when she was complimented on the cloak. It had taken her days to finish.. She had been worried she had overstepped her means when she had started. But upon finishing, it was the prettiest thing she had ever finished.

"I did indeed. I self dyed each feather by paw, and laced them together. It was a lot of work, but it's so pretty it was worth it." She said, admiring the cloak again. It looked lovely against the start colors of the female.

"That was great! You are amazing, I don't see why you couldn't be in theater." She scoffed. "Just as good as anyone else I'd seen."  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:20 am
"Ah, but who better to offer advice than the audience?"

She smiled at Dulce, the female was sweet and Desdemona was glad she hadn't been seen rehearsing by some of the male players who might not have appreciated her efforts.

"That's wonderful, the King and nobles all enjoy performances as well so I've had the pleasure of seeing them as well when I am in attendance. Your work is incredible, you have such skill! I know what a challenge costuming can be I could never manage such deftness."

She blushed at the compliment and looked at the other female earnestly.

"Do you think so? I...I've never really showed anyone how badly I'd love to perform but...maybe your right and I ought to audition sometime."

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games