Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Wait what. (Chris and Lydia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:44 am
It seemed like a perfectly normal day to Chris. He hadn't been buzzed on his phone for any pointless missions, hadn't had any cousins or bros knocking down his door for dumb reasons, hadn't even gotten glared at for no reason.

So as he sat in his chair with his feet propped up on his desk, fiddling with some of the apps on his phone that he hadn't had a chance to look at before, he wasn't expecting any of that to change. It was going to be a quiet day, dammit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:36 pm
There was a piece of paper clutched tightly in her hand, just a torn off bit of notebook paper that held a number, a number that she had already smudged with her thumb despite only having the paper for perhaps twenty minutes.

Her instruction had come to an end, and now it was time, apparently, for her to get settled in to her new home.

She stumbled along the hallway of the dorm, remembering brief flashes of the dream tour she had once been given by Shu. There was the common room, the bathroom, yes yes, and now a long stretch of doorways down a long stretch of hall.

She swallowed, hard, adjusting her hold on the duffle bag she had been given, the strap digging painfully into her shoulder. She lifted up the piece of paper in front of squinting eyes once more and read the number, or at least, made an attempt at it.

"One eighty-five." She intoned, before staggering her way along, leaden down by her luggage, tripping over unlaced boots, trying to read the numbers that were written on each door, looking for the right one...

"Ah, there you are!" She sighed, stopping in front of the room. Her room now, she supposed.

She reached over and turned the door knob, before pushing her way inside, her bag scraping against the doorframe, her hair a mess of tangled curls, and her general appearance one of somebody who might have just crawled her way out of a dumpster, if that dumpster had also somehow grown teeth and had decided to chew her up a little first.

Her bag was discarded with a heaving sigh, and her hair was pushed back from her face as she took in her new home.

.....And it's apparent already situated resident.

"OH! OH! Oh my goodness I didn't realize I was going to have to room with somebody I am so sorry I would have knocked first if I'd known!"

DarkHeartedSorrow

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:40 pm
Chris's head jerked up as someone scraped and scuffed and shuffled their way through his door. For half a second he expected to see Chel of Dory, but light teal curly hair was not a part of either of their current do's.

He sat frozen, phone halfway between his face and his lap dangling between his fingers and front chair legs hovering off the ground, staring at the intruder. He should have a better response, being military and all, but whatever. He could be forgiven in these circumstances.

"I... wait, what? Room.. with me?"

seussi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:12 pm
She was shaking out her arms, trying to regain feeling in the one that had the circulation cut off from her bag of....whatever it was they had given her, she'd have to check it out in a minute. Flexing her fingers, she gave a rather enthusiastic nod of her head, curls flying around her face, falling in front of her eyes again.

"Yes, room! This is the room I was told I would be staying in, and I assume, like your co-ed bathrooms, the rooming system must be the same! Oh, this is most exciting, just like college all over again~" She gushed, hands clapping together under her chin as she squealed with excitement and delight.

DarkHeartedSorrow

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:31 pm
Chris had no idea if this was a nightmare or a dream come true. He was doing a pretty great job of looking dumb for a minute though. Really it was her squeal that knocked him back into the present.

"Yeah, sorry, never went to college. Spent boot camp in a hall of jarheads but never got the friendly rooming experience." He dropped his chair down onto all four of it's legs and unfolded himself from his chair to hold his hand out for her to shake. "I'm Chris. There's not another bed in here but I guess you can take mine until we can steal one? I can always crash with Dory if I have to. No big."

Why the hell hadn't he been warned that he'd be getting a roommate?

seusssi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:05 pm
Never went to college? Lydia gave him a broad grin, because there was no judging here! Oh wait, boot camp? Jar heads? "Ohhhhhh were you in the army?" Of course...that was the logical...assumption....

But anyways, moving on. "Well, you'll get to experience it now!" She was already deciding to make herself at home, stepping on the heel of one boot to pull her foot free, before moving on to the other, leaving the mud caked footwear behind her at the door.

"I'm Lydia! Newly awakened! Or at least, I hope I am and this isn't just some dream-thing again!" She giggled at that, a shrill sound that ended in a snort, before stepping up to her bag and bending down to unzip it, ready to inspect the contents that were packed away inside. First, there seemed to be a white jacket of her very own, and she held it up in front of her, squinting at the double crossed scythes emblazoned in gold on the back.

"Oooooo fancy!" She exclaimed, turning it around to show her new roommate and soon to be bestest buddy on the whole island.

It wasn't until then that she realized what he was saying about the bed. "Oh. Ohhhhhh, oh no, you don't need to do that!" She frowned as she looked around, validating for herself that there was, indeed, only one bed in the room, a room that wasn't exactly...very big.

Odd.

Wait, did he say Dory?

"You're friends with Dory??" Her eyes lit up, big time, her hands suddenly crushing her jacket up close to her chest. "He is so sweet, and french, and he smells really really good like I could just eat him right up!" She began to giggle again, a little uncontrollably now, especially at the thought of Chris, who was also quite handsome, and Dory, together. In a bed.

Her face was beginning to turn a magnificent shade of bright pink-red.

< Steady, Lydia. Steeeaaady. > Rorric chirped at her, reminding her that her thinking and fantasizing space wasn't only hers and hers alone anymore, now shared with another party.

That only made her blush all the harder, and she buried her face in her jacket.

[quote="darkheartedsorrowx]  

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:28 pm
Aw s**t. She'd been caught up in the dream stuff too? Just how many people had been affected by Alice?

He watched her leave her boots at the door and begin to unpack her bag, and he suddenly understood that gone were the days of his super tidy room. He had vague flashbacks of cleaning up after Chel's messes and smiled a little. It wasn't anything he hadn't dealt with before.

"Ohhh, Death huh? Interesting. They're intel and pre-game right?" At least he could pretty safely rule out the higher ups trying to force a partner on him. If they'd wanted to build a working team they'd have stuffed a Sun in here with him. "I'm Moon. Far as I've seen, we save Sun asses and patch everyone up post-mission."

He tossed himself back in his chair and leaned back, watching her settle in with her s**t. "Yeah I met Dory not long after I came out of the pod. Walked into his room on accident." He gave a cheshire grin as he watched her get increasingly flustered. "Little appreciation for our friendly neighborhood Canadian? He is pretty dreamy."

Little did he know that he was an added factor of that lovely red glow on her cheeks.

seussi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:27 am
"Um, ya! I think so! They said something about me having good observational skills......." Considering she could barely see anything more then a few feet in front of her face, that idea actually seemed pretty laughable. "I think from what I've heard, I might have done well in the Life division as well! But this is certainly acceptable!" Anything was acceptable to Lydia, who at this point was just excited to be there, and to no longer be sleeping in a pod for a year.

To find out that he was a moon was a bit surprising. She would have assumed, considering her own division placement, that she would have been set to room with another Death, or possibly even somebody from Life to work with. But it made no difference to her, really, so she shrugged it off mentally, and while she was still blushing over her brief yet vivid fantasies, she decided to try and hide it by getting back to work with unpacking her things, folding up the jacket and setting it to the side so she could pull out more things.

"Dory was the one who was there when I woke up. I dreamed about him too, though! He gave me his shirt in my dream, and gave me his jacket today!" She smiled at the memory, and at his kindness. At Chris's lattermost statement, however, her eyes widened.

"Oh noooo no no I don't...I mean he is yes very but I'm not...I just think he's a nice guy!" She blurted out, finally, before turning back to her work, hands delving into her bag.

....Which, appeared to be harboring...a lot of very familiar things. She let out a loud gasp as she began sifting through t-shirts, shorts and skirts, shoes and stockings and socks and underwear. "These are all mine! But...but how.." She continued to dig, until she found, nestled in the very bottom of the duffel, a beautiful sight indeed.

It was a glasses case. She had several, actually. Several pairs. But this was the first she came across and so she pulled it out with an excited squeal and opened it up, finding an wholly in tact pair that she then happily extracted, unfolded, and slid onto her face.

"I CAN SEEEEEEE!" She yelled, enthusiastically, jumping up from where she had been crouching to do a little dance around the room.

darkheartedsorrow

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:43 pm
Chris chuckled and sat cross legged in the chair while he watched her flounder. At least they'd given him someone entertaining to live with. "If you say so. Just let me know if you want me to put in a good word or something, though."

He watched her pull out various belongings, mostly a lot of clothes that all seemed to match what she was already wearing. "Either you went back and packed after agreeing to join and just can't remember, or they went and packed all your s**t for you. You won't be going home for a while, if ever, so it's kind of important to have the necessities, I guess." He shrugged. He'd found most of his stuff had made it to the island as well.

He looked vaguely concerned as she finally found her glasses. "You've been walking all around the island half blind?"

Seussi

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:57 pm
Lydia was so busy doing the kitty cat dance that she completely forgot everything Chris said about Dory and good words and whatever else she had been distracted with.

Until, of course, she stopped, and looked at Chris, and this time really got to see him instead of, well, just imagining him from the blurred shape she had been staring at before.

"Oh my." Her face flushed red and she instantly slapped her hands to her cheeks. She was supposed to room with him? Unacceptable. She couldn't. She shouldn't.

Oh but she would. She would and she was going to enjoy it, very much.

Eventually it sunk in that he had asked her a question, and she blinked from behind thick lenses, before smiling and rapidly nodding her head, her loosely tied back curls bouncing around on top of her head. "Yes. Well, I think what happened was...a dragon destroyed my last pair? Or it might have been a dinosaur. I giant reptilian looking thing with a lot of teeth and massive claws." Right now, her memories were still fuzzy, but that was one thing that had stood out.

That and spiders.

She suddenly, and inexplicably, shuddered.

darkheartedsorrow

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:57 am
There was a moment when Chris watched her face turn red and had no idea what was happening. But then it clicked that she could finally see, ergo she could finally see him. With a slow grin he winked, but didn't say anything. He'd just give her a moment to work out her life.

When she finally came back to the conversation, his expression went incredulous. "A dragon? Didn't you just wake up? How the hell have you already seen a dragon."

He hadn't even seen something like that yet. Not that he was particularly seasoned yet.

seussi

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:44 pm
Oh god did he wink at her? He did. He did wink at her.

Somehow, her face managed to get even redder, and she let out a high pitched giggle that she attempted to muffle behind her hands. Oh but this was just going to be awful in all of the best ways!

The conversation had swiftly taken a slightly more serious turn, however, and she dropped her hands to nod her head, her eyes wide as curls bounced around her face, falling between her eyes and her glasses so that she had to reach up to swipe the wayward strands away.

"It was before I was put to sleep. At least...ya, pretty sure it was quite shortly before that. There was a dragon...some tentacles...uhhh another dragon..." Her face suddenly screwed up, and her head tilted back for her to stare up at the ceiling, a tongue sticking out as she tried to remember.

"A helicopter crash, more water, a boat and then...a man in a hood. Yes, I believe that covers most of it...." She looked back down with a small shake of her head. "I'm afraid the details are still quite fuzzy, almost like I'm experiencing a mild form of amnesia...perhaps a part of the waking up process or from post traumatic stress? I am unsure."

darkheartedsorrow

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:49 am
Chris looked more horrified and confused as she went on. "You went through all that s**t before even coming out of the pods? Jesus." Obviously he didn't understand a lot of it, because it was just pieces of a story, but it was still enough to sound traumatic as hell.

"At least we know you can handle it, right? Since you're still here and all." He smiled gently, trying to bring the conversation away from the serious s**t. If it was PTSD she didn't need to be thinking about it anyways. He'd seen what that s**t did to a person. "I'd rather have someone like you at my six than a nervous wreck. If I've learned anything thus far, it's that you gotta rely on team mates here."

seussi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:39 pm
"I am fairly certain that I did, yes. I mean, it would certainly explain all of this." She gestured to her torn and bloodied clothing, the dried blood on her skin, giving her head a small shake.

"Goodness me I should change. And shower. Shower then change. I should just jump right in with clothes still on, though I doubt these are salvagable." Another giggle as though she had just made a very humorous joke, and Lydia was bending back down to her open suitcase, rummaging around for some clean clothes.

"I mean, imagine. I've been wearing the same underwear for over a year now."

Lydia reached up one hand to scratch the back of her neck as she began to gather up some necessities to take to the women's shower area, before blinking up at Chris in surprise.

"I suppose that is a good deduction to make, yes. Curious...." She bit down on her lip, lost in her thoughts for a moment, before saying.

"I will take that for what it is, a compliment." She stood up straight with a grin, clutching purple underwear with vibrant pink polka dots to her chest, along with what appeared to be a tshirt that was at least two sizes too big for her, a knitted white sweater, and a pair of torn off shorts. "Thank you, for that and for the hospitality. Now, would you mind terribly clearing an area for me to put my things while I'm gone? I do wonder if we can get another dresser brought in here..." Her voice trailed off as she began to mutter more to herself then the incredibly handsome young man in the room, as she made her way to the door.

darkheartedsorrows
idk can probs wrap up

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out