Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply West Coast & Mountain Conventions
Readying For Anime Expo! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You Attending Anime Expo?
  DUH!
  no.. Q_Q
  Senpai PLz!
View Results

I-Seisui-I

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:16 pm
Soooooooo Anime Expo is just around the corner ( two more months ) and I'm booking my hotel, and working on my 4th day cosplay. Any tips about hotel stays? I've gone to AX multiple times but it's the first time staying in a hotel which I heard is a lot of fun because there is a good chance that other AX attendies will be in the same hotel and you meet more people.

On a SIDE NOTe! Who else is going to Anime Expo? If so we should do like a guild meet up if everyone is comfortable with that? It's always fun to meet new people!

http://www.anime-expo.org/  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:43 pm
I am going, I have always stayed at the hotels since 08, its always fun and a lot less of a hassel. I am not sure if I will be cosplaying *just bought a car might be broke* but I drew a cosplay idea and my friend actually made it, which was a surprise because I drew it as a jokebidoof armor I am still deciding whether to make a haxorus or gyarados armor.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:06 pm
I-Seisui-I
Soooooooo Anime Expo is just around the corner ( two more months ) and I'm booking my hotel, and working on my 4th day cosplay. Any tips about hotel stays? I've gone to AX multiple times but it's the first time staying in a hotel which I heard is a lot of fun because there is a good chance that other AX attendies will be in the same hotel and you meet more people.

On a SIDE NOTe! Who else is going to Anime Expo? If so we should do like a guild meet up if everyone is comfortable with that? It's always fun to meet new people!

Hi, just a suggestion. Could you give everyone a link to the Anime Expo's website and a list of hotels that you are considering staying at. Also if you haven't asked yet, you could ask someone running the website what the hotels are like in the area around the con.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:19 pm
I already found the hotel I'm staying at so that question is kinda irrelevant but thanks.  

I-Seisui-I

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:50 pm
smithers456
I-Seisui-I

Hi, just a suggestion. Could you give everyone a link to the Anime Expo's website and a list of hotels that you are considering staying at. Also if you haven't asked yet, you could ask someone running the website what the hotels are like in the area around the con.
ive posted this in the Anime Expo 2014 (topic)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:50 pm
This will be my first time going to Anime Expo, but my second time going to a convention.

My first time was a small convention that was right around the corner from where I lived and I only went on the last day.

This time I'm going for all 4 days. I am going to be sooooooooo broke afterwords, I can see it already.

Also, I would totally be up for a guildmeet. No one around me that's my age group is into anime at all.  

ColeDeWitte

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:08 pm
ColeDeWitte
This will be my first time going to Anime Expo, but my second time going to a convention.

My first time was a small convention that was right around the corner from where I lived and I only went on the last day.

This time I'm going for all 4 days. I am going to be sooooooooo broke afterwords, I can see it already.

Also, I would totally be up for a guildmeet. No one around me that's my age group is into anime at all.
cool, maybe we will bump into each other there  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:35 pm
ColeDeWitte

What's our guilds age group? I'm 18 so yeah not sure if we go lower than like 13 or higher than 30 maybe? Also are you going to cosplay each day?  

I-Seisui-I

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:50 am
I-Seisui-I
ColeDeWitte

out age group is all over the place honestly, i am not sure about everyone's age but, the majority is in their early 20's. I am 23.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:44 am
What's everyone going to cosplay? I'm Thinking Connor Kenway, Hichigo, Sasuke Uchiha ( Shippuden ), and the last area fumble between Ciel Phantomhive or if I get my Space Dandy or Kirito Cosplay Done.

I-Seisui-I

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:05 am
I-Seisui-I
I already found the hotel I'm staying at so that question is kinda irrelevant but thanks.

I should have figured that out. Just trying to be helpful. Have fun at the con. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:09 am
Extreme Cuddler
smithers456
I-Seisui-I

ive posted this in the Anime Expo 2014 (topic)

Thanks for the update. I should have checked ahead of time to see if their was a main Anime Expo topic. Have a wonderful time at the con.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:08 pm
I-Seisui-I
What's everyone going to cosplay? I'm Thinking Connor Kenway, Hichigo, Sasuke Uchiha ( Shippuden ), and the last area fumble between Ciel Phantomhive or if I get my Space Dandy or Kirito Cosplay Done.
space dandy would be awesome, Im still thinking between coco *toriko or zebra *toriko*, and a pokemon one since my buddy made bidoof warrior already (my original idea) so I might make gyarados armor with a giant magikarp sword or a haxorus armor  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:43 pm
I'd like to be able to cosplay, and I've even been planning one, but I just don't have the time to do it. I was thinking of Ginei Morioka from Rosario+Vampire. Nice and simple, just don't have the time really.  

ColeDeWitte

West Coast & Mountain Conventions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces