Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Comfortably Numb (Otto + Maebe) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:41 pm
She took the bottle, happily bringing it to her lips for another sip, when Otto tried to sit up. She paused in her drinking to lean in, her hand snaking out to rest on the sofa armrest as a sidebar to keep him from rolling right off the sofa, should his body choose to send him reeling. He stayed up on his own, however, and her arm came back to her side. She took her sweet time returning to the bottle, taking a long, hard drink from it.

When the bottle was removed from her lips, she closed her eyes, and swayed in a moment of reverie. Being drunk made everything so much easier.

"Sure, that sounds right." She finally answered, handing the bottle back. "I like it when you tell me no. It turns me on. It'll be that much sweeter when I finally make you say yesss." The emphasis on the word was clear. She laid her head on the back of the couch, and closed her eyes.

"You're beautiful." She wasn't looking at him, but the words were meant for him regardless. "I want to make you ugly."

Being drunk also made everything so much easier to admit.

bittiface

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:48 pm
Maebe had been taking some awfully large quantities of his booze. Either she was a hard girl to get drunk or.. or she meant to get drunk. Her demeanour seemed to change ever slightly the more she had. Otto seemed to care less the more he had.

"You're goddamn shameful." Otto drawled, the weight of his burdens turned to mush. He still felt heavy, but his magic nectar was working to further numb his pain.

"Well sorry, but I ain't agreein' to nuthin' with you. Ain't a damn thing attractive about you that'd make me wanna do it."

Nio Love

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:56 pm
"That's okay." Maebe patted his knee fondly, and listened to the fire in his voice slowly die out. "You keep telling yourself that. That's part of your charm, you know." She finally opened her eyes, and the world shifted a few degrees to the left. Ah, that felt good. "You're stubborn enough to lie to yourself. No backing down. So fierce."

She swayed, just slightly, and let her eyes wander.

"Are you drunk enough to tell me who died, yet?"

Bittiface

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:02 pm
He sighed begrudgingly at her supposed compliments. Oh well, he thought. He didn't care to disagree.

His head titled over to face her, his brows knitting together. "My girlfriend, Nevada." He answered, the pain numbed with alcohol. He turned his head away and let out a defeated sounding sigh.

She was so beautiful. Her hair was long and silky, her smile a bright beacon of sunshine. Even with one eye, she'd never looked marred or ugly. She was always beautiful.

"She was killed by a zombie in the haunted house. He ripped her apart. I got to watch every ********' second of it."

Nio Love

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:32 pm
She didn't know why she'd asked. She didn't know why she'd even considered, for one moment, that she actually wanted to hear whatever tragic backstory Otto was about to tell her that had made him turn into this shell of what he once was. It burned her harder than the alcohol in her stomach. She didn't want to know. She didn't care about it.

Her entire body tensed at the gruesome picture he painted. She didn't know who Nevada was, but she could have easily imagined Shiloh in such a situation, and everything about it reviled her. This was why she'd pushed everyone away, in the first place.

Otto was just learning his lesson.

"That's ******** up." Maebe had miscalculated - she hadn't been drunk enough for the question.

bittiface

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:39 pm
"Yeah." He took a swig of Southern Comfort, handing it over again. "S'why I ain't in any mood to humour you."

Nio Love

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:46 pm
"So don't." She piped back over quickly, taking the bottle and bringing it quickly to her lips. The quicker she drank, the faster she'd be able to scrub the thought of Shiloh in that situation out of her mind.

"You let me stay. You shared with me. I haven't forced you into anything since I've gotten here, sweetie. All I've been doing is making sure you don't kill yourself. I'm pretty sure you haven't been humouring anyone today."

She slid the bottle back into his hand, and let her fingers linger there, patting his gently. "Not to mention, you've never been in the mood to humour me since the day we met."

bittiface

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:01 pm
Otto nodded thoughtfully, taking one last gulp of booze before letting it sit on the table. "Tru enuff." His eyes got heavy. Sleep didn't come easy, and it was always troubled, but it was coming in like a wrecking ball. He'd been drinking long before Maebe came in, and it was catching up.

"S'long as you don't steal anythin', I don't care where you sleep..." The teen sunk further into his couch. he hadn't used his bed since Nevada's death. He was scared it smelled like her. Even after so long of using that large bed for himself, the two months he'd had her company changed the way he expected to sleep at night.

He couldn't go to that bed without Nevada. Not yet. Maybe when he got better. He really wanted to get better.

"Fine.. make yerself feel better n' say you're keepin' n' eye on me.." The teen's head became heavy, making him fall to his side onto the couch. He seemed to mumble something, but it was incoherent.

Nio Love

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:48 pm
Maebe said nothing, because there was no real guarantee she wouldn't steal anything. But she watched him sink into the couch, her eyes still keen enough to realize that he was fading, and quieted down enough to let it happen. She had half a mind to start humming a lullaby, but she held her tongue to keep from laughing at the thought.

"Thank you, I will." She whispered, her head craning just enough to watch as he slid down onto his side. She listened, holding her breath as she waited, until he started to incoherently mumble.

Little boys never could hold their liquor.

Agile, catlike motions had her crawling off the couch without disturbing him. She padded through his rooms, going from room to room to look at and touch all of his stuff. She even looked through his fridge, hoping to find something worth eating. There was, but it had to be reheated, and she immediately gave up on that idea due to the effort. So instead, she moved to his bedroom, grinning openly at the big, fluffy bed.

She had one of these, once upon a time.

Maebe climbed into Otto's bed, slid herself into his covers, and spread her arms and legs out until she could take up as much of it as her small body could manage. She made imaginary snow angels against the sheets, moaning at the feel of their softness against her skin. She missed big, soft beds. She missed ******** in big, soft beds.

It was a good fifteen minutes before Maebe left his room, searching for other things to touch and defile. But eventually, she grew bored of Otto's room and all of it's things, and returned to find him sleeping on the couch. She bent down to kneel in front of him, and for several minutes, she just watched him sleep.

The bottle was still there, waiting to be finished off. She took it and placed it on her lips, knocking it back while calculating eyes remained on his face the whole time. Even after severe trauma and stress, failing to take care of himself, and complete drunken unconsciousness, Otto managed to have the face of a sleeping angel.

She wanted to spit on it.

Instead, she leaned closer, breathing him in. Her hands brushed away the hair against his face, and her fingers feathered against his lips. She leaned closer, and pressed her own lips against them softly.

He would be ugly, one day. She silently promised him, sealing it with a kiss.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:14 pm
He had a dream.

Like most of his dreams, it played out more like a nightmare. Nevada died again and again, over and over. He was left inside dark caves with burrowing bugs. Everything terrible that ever happened to him always haunted him in his dreams.

This one was once again Nevada dying. It played out differently than how it had really happened. Somehow, his own legs wouldn't work, and all he could do was try and crawl with only the strength in his arms to her. He couldn't move. As helpless and useless as the day she died.

It shifted, and everything was dark except for her. Covered in blood, but so peaceful. She leaned in, giving him one, last kiss goodbye.

He'd never gotten to say goodbye. He could only humour the thought in his dreams.

- - -

He slept like a log in the few hours he slept. A disturbed sleep, unrestful and cruel, even though outwardly he seemed at peace. His face gave no indication his dreams were brutal and cruel. A soft murmur or low whine was all that gave away his internal war with himself, or a slight shifting in place.

Softly, barely audible, it almost seemed like he murmured his girl's name.  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:26 pm
The bed was so tempting. She knew this was her only chance to get a nice, empty, soft bed all to herself. But she knew where she needed to sleep that night, and she pushed herself up off her knees to prepare for it.

Otto was a heavy sleeper. This made her job real easy. She returned to his bedroom, and pulled one of his shirts out from a drawer. She changed into nothing but the shirt, and left the rest of her clothing in a messy pile there on the floor.

It hurt to see her clothes sitting there, threatening to wrinkle. But it was for a good cause.

She returned to Otto on the couch, and gently moved him until there was enough room under his arm and against his body for just one more person. Then she filled that void, sliding completely against him and shifting until she was comfortable enough to sleep. Her leg hitched onto his hip bone, and she nestled in, preparing for a long, uncomfortable night.

She hated sleeping with a body next to her. She hated cuddles. She cuddled against Otto until there was nothing left between them, and then she closed her eyes.

When she heard Nevada's name whispered out from his lips, her smile twitched with amusement, and she relaxed. It was a good night, after all.

Bittiface

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces